PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas restores constitutional carry - no permit or license required to carry a gun

Little-Acorn
07-18-2013, 11:15 AM
The Arkansas govt finally remembered that the Constitution forbids any govt from making laws restricting or prohibiting law-abiding citizens from carrying weapons, either openly or concealed. And they made a law agreeing with it.

How nice.

Four states now have this law. 53 to go.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/arkansas-restores-constitutional-carry-no-permit-or-license-required-to-carry-weapons/

Arkansas restores constitutional carry – no permit or license required to carry weapons

June 13, 2013

Starting next month Arkansas will join Vermont, Alaska, Wyoming and Arizona as a “Constitutional Carry” state. This means that no permit or license will be required to carry weapons, either openly or concealed for lawful purposes.

Arkansas law will handle people carrying guns the same way many state laws handle possession of “tools of burglary”. Normally you can get away with carrying common hand tools anywhere you otherwise have a right to be. But if you are caught trying to use them in an attempt at breaking and entering or even trespassing you can be charged with a crime based on obvious intent to use that tool in furtherance of a crime. This is an excellent way to deal with people carrying guns. As long as you are not harming, or attempting to harm others with a weapon then possession alone should not be a crime.

The burden of proof has shifted to the accuser (the state) who now has to prove that you are up to no good rather than you simply have the POTENTIAL for crime based on ready access to a weapon.

red state
07-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Hhhmmmm....I thought Arkansas and most Southern, RED States were already open carry. I knew that FL and Louisiana who has a bit of BLUE with their red may not have as much FREEDOM but Arkansas simply seemed to be one of the better ones. Truly, I can't figure out their Governor. He'll make or sign some really good bills THEN, without warning, seems to be possessed by the demon spirit that still possesses Slick Willie.

Well, that is great news BUT, I wouldn't get excited about it. Mississippi has ALWAYS been an open carry but they re-hatched it and passed another such bill and now one judge has placed Mississippi's open carry on hold!!!! Even so, there are always little stupid laws that have in a way blocked this Constitutional right in MS. Laws such as what the Game & Fish Communist-commission had laws that wouldn't even allow someone to have a loaded rifle, pistol, muzzle loader or even a cross bow in their vehicle. So....the leftists will ALWAYS find back doors.

I'm not sure about whether Arkansas has such back door laws or if Mississippi still has them but be warned....they are usually there.

Thanks for the news....I had not heard this.

red state
07-18-2013, 11:32 AM
The 2nd Amendment IS our conceal & open carry permit. These open carry laws are great but I know of law enforcement who still abuse the open carry law.....whether on your person or in your vehicle. I believe some gun owners even run into grey areas on where an how they display their guns within OPEN CARRY STATES. Some even have ridiculous "back door laws" that would find us gun folks in deep water (IF) a very small portion of the weapon is hidden or blocked from view. We need more such laws without ANY "back doors" but I'll not hold my breath.

Little-Acorn
07-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Hhhmmmm....I thought Arkansas and most Southern, RED States were already open carry.
Now you can carry concealed without a permit in Arkansas too.

Thanks for the news....I had not heard this.
For some reason the media isn't interested in publicizing the facts.

red state
07-18-2013, 12:18 PM
MY, my, my....aren't you the bearer of GOOD, Good, good news this morning!!!! I may have to move to Arkansas so I can do what I'm doing now LEGALLY. HA!

It is a sad thing in America when one has to, quite literally, have a license to protect his family, himself and prosperity. We should have NEVER had to pass such laws because there should NEVER have been Anti-Constitution laws to begin with.

Wouldn't it be grand if we had a legitimate news source that ALL of America had easy access to and was just as powerful as the others?! FOX included....I would like to see a Conservative News Group that wasn't under the thumb of Catholics and muSLUMs....just the facts please without siding with those who seek CONTROL. Don't get me wrong...FOX is the best we have on a National/International level, but even they seem to favor B.O. at times and were even showing YOUNG, innocent Martin photos the other day!!!! I see that as stoking the fire...especially after they had been showing the appropriate THUG photos for so long. If it bleeds it leads I suppose. If it is American....it is swept under the rug (like the Tea Party).

Hopefully MISSISSIPPI, TEXAS, ALABAMA, GEORGIA, TENNESSEE, and all the surrounding RED States will follow suit but I truly expect Holder and crew to hit Arkansas fast and furiously. They only want muSLUMS and Mexicans armed...good old boys need not apply.

aboutime
07-18-2013, 01:20 PM
No other way to say it. So.....here ya go.......5282!!!!!!!

Larrymc
07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
The Arkansas govt finally remembered that the Constitution forbids any govt from making laws restricting or prohibiting law-abiding citizens from carrying weapons, either openly or concealed. And they made a law agreeing with it.

How nice.

Four states now have this law. 53 to go.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/arkansas-restores-constitutional-carry-no-permit-or-license-required-to-carry-weapons/

Arkansas restores constitutional carry – no permit or license required to carry weapons

June 13, 2013

Starting next month Arkansas will join Vermont, Alaska, Wyoming and Arizona as a “Constitutional Carry” state. This means that no permit or license will be required to carry weapons, either openly or concealed for lawful purposes.

Arkansas law will handle people carrying guns the same way many state laws handle possession of “tools of burglary”. Normally you can get away with carrying common hand tools anywhere you otherwise have a right to be. But if you are caught trying to use them in an attempt at breaking and entering or even trespassing you can be charged with a crime based on obvious intent to use that tool in furtherance of a crime. This is an excellent way to deal with people carrying guns. As long as you are not harming, or attempting to harm others with a weapon then possession alone should not be a crime.

The burden of proof has shifted to the accuser (the state) who now has to prove that you are up to no good rather than you simply have the POTENTIAL for crime based on ready access to a weapon. :clap::2up: Arkansas