PDA

View Full Version : Died and was resuscitated

jimnyc
07-19-2013, 01:43 PM
So I went to Rye Playland last night, which is a local amusement park in my area. It was 95 degrees when me and my son got there before 5:30. I was literally soaking wet and weak within an hour. I actually paid an extra $4 for beach access, without beach clothes, just so I could walk in the water and cool off. Bottled water was $3.75 apiece and I drank 3 of them within 3 hours and felt bloated. I was nearing death when I got home last night.

Instead of learning from that, I took the boy to the beach a little while ago. It was exactly 100 degrees when we got there and 110 with the so called heat factor. I laid down for about 8 seconds and then had to go to the water and cool off. I was hoping to get a little sun as I look like Casper the Friendly Ghost! Saw some nice bikinis, but it was too damn hot to stare for too long. My eyes were actually hurting from the sun and felt like they were going to fall out. I'm confident that at one point I would have been declared dead when I slowly crawled into the water again and then my heart started beating again.

I hate the heat.

aboutime
07-19-2013, 01:47 PM
So I went to Rye Playland last night, which is a local amusement park in my area. It was 95 degrees when me and my son got there before 5:30. I was literally soaking wet and weak within an hour. I actually paid an extra $4 for beach access, without beach clothes, just so I could walk in the water and cool off. Bottled water was $3.75 apiece and I drank 3 of them within 3 hours and felt bloated. I was nearing death when I got home last night.

Instead of learning from that, I took the boy to the beach a little while ago. It was exactly 100 degrees when we got there and 110 with the so called heat factor. I laid down for about 8 seconds and then had to go to the water and cool off. I was hoping to get a little sun as I look like Casper the Friendly Ghost! Saw some nice bikinis, but it was too damn hot to stare for too long. My eyes were actually hurting from the sun and felt like they were going to fall out. I'm confident that at one point I would have been declared dead when I slowly crawled into the water again and then my heart started beating again.

I hate the heat.

Jim. Guess you didn't hear or see the warnings, huh?

Going out into the heat, and sun on days like this Not Only Can be Hazardous to your Health.
It can end it as well.
There's a reason WHY the warnings are ALL OVER THE PLACE.

jimnyc
07-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Jim. Guess you didn't hear or see the warnings, huh?

Going out into the heat, and sun on days like this Not Only Can be Hazardous to your Health.
It can end it as well.
There's a reason WHY the warnings are ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Yeah, I heard them, not to mention you need only walk out your door to know it's steaming hot out! I haven't been to the beach or Playland in eons, and am trying to do some things together with my son is all. We both have hats, sunglasses, sun protection SPF 1,000,000, water... Just doesn't seem to help!

Marcus Aurelius
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
If this doesn't start your heart... you're already dead.

http://patpoh.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/3/1296030492/thumbnail_600_600_22_ratio.jpg

aboutime
07-19-2013, 02:08 PM
If this doesn't start your heart... you're already dead.

http://patpoh.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/3/1296030492/thumbnail_600_600_22_ratio.jpg

Marcus! Ain't my heart I'm worried about with that!
How bout you Jim????

Marcus Aurelius
07-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Marcus! Ain't my heart I'm worried about with that!
How bout you Jim????

if you need them, they have these little pills that match her bikini...

Gaffer
07-19-2013, 02:14 PM
I know what they say about too much sodium and all, but on these kinds of days, if your going to be out in the heat you need salt. Chips, pretzels, something that has a high salt content. You'll sweat most of the salt out in a few hours. And you can't walk out of an air conditioned building or car and expect to do anything physical. You have to have time to adjust. Sounds like you were on the verge of heat stroke.

100 degree weather means stay in the fucking house. Are you practicing for Florida? :poke:

aboutime
07-19-2013, 02:17 PM

Marcus. No good. After my last adventure with Cancer. Hugh Hefner could parade every Playboy Bunny, live, in front of me and...NATTA.
The price we pay to stay alive. But it's more fun than eternal sleep.

jimnyc
07-19-2013, 02:31 PM
I know what they say about too much sodium and all, but on these kinds of days, if your going to be out in the heat you need salt. Chips, pretzels, something that has a high salt content. You'll sweat most of the salt out in a few hours. And you can't walk out of an air conditioned building or car and expect to do anything physical. You have to have time to adjust. Sounds like you were on the verge of heat stroke.

100 degree weather means stay in the fucking house. Are you practicing for Florida? :poke:

Really, I honestly never knew that. Something about eating the salty stuff while it's smoldering sounds horrible! I'll have to keep that in mind though!!

KarlMarx
07-19-2013, 02:43 PM
I guess you must be English :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASrXlOr-p1c

Gaffer
07-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Really, I honestly never knew that. Something about eating the salty stuff while it's smoldering sounds horrible! I'll have to keep that in mind though!!

Back in the 60's and 70's the military and even schools issued salt tablets. Somewhere along the way the medical community determined salt was bad for you and the practice was stopped. salt is important to your body as far as sweating to cool off goes. And some people need more than others.

I would recommend eating the salty stuff after you have had a chance to cool down, to replace what your body lost. If you don't like salt your body probably doesn't need to much of it.

aboutime
07-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Gatoraid is even better than water, and salt. All the electrolytes a body needs.

Gaffer
07-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Gatoraid is even better than water, and salt. All the electrolytes a body needs.

Very true, unless your like me. I can't stand the taste of gator aid.

aboutime
07-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Very true, unless your like me. I can't stand the taste of gator aid.

I hear ya Gaffer. Last time I HAD to drink the Blue Gatoraid was...the day before my last Colonoscopy.

You've never had any fun till you drink that VOMIT-COMET stuff 24 hours before your doctor visit.

But...the stuff is good for anyone who might be threatened with DeHydration. It also helps keep Pnumonia away. Bad as it might be.
My wife has to drink some EVERY DAY. Her potassium levels fall rather quickly, and can make her anemic.

Just a suggestion for a quick remedy to keep someone alive...Gatoraid works faster than H2O.

WiccanLiberal
07-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Been working all week in an OLD hospital unit. That means, folks, that the AC doesn't work worth a darn. Add equipment in every room that emits considerable heat and two rooms where you have to wear lead shielding. Then add a bunch of pooping and/or vomiting patients. Right now I am wrung out and my nose, which wasn't too sharp lately anyway, may never work right again. And I still have a 2 hour subway and train commute home and the heat index in Manhattan still puts the temp at over a 100 degrees. I wouldn't advise anyone going out in this weather that doesn't need to.

Gaffer
07-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Been working all week in an OLD hospital unit. That means, folks, that the AC doesn't work worth a darn. Add equipment in every room that emits considerable heat and two rooms where you have to wear lead shielding. Then add a bunch of pooping and/or vomiting patients. Right now I am wrung out and my nose, which wasn't too sharp lately anyway, may never work right again. And I still have a 2 hour subway and train commute home and the heat index in Manhattan still puts the temp at over a 100 degrees. I wouldn't advise anyone going out in this weather that doesn't need to.

Salt and gatoraide won't help with that. Maybe some vicks under the nose.

Little-Acorn
07-19-2013, 06:05 PM

What bikini?

Larrymc
07-19-2013, 06:55 PM

I hate the heat.I agree 100% im from South East Texas and very lite complected, So I avoid the Sun and the outdoors in general in the summer as much as possible.

Voted4Reagan
07-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Picture of Jimmy on the beach today has surfaced... along with the Rescue crew trying to help cool him off and revive him.

http://rhodyview.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/beached_whale650.jpg

red state
07-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Well, since at least one Southerner has piped up, I may as well do the same. Jim, you drank too much, too fast
and as Gaffer mentioned; you didn't prepare ahead of time. Be careful about all the electrolytes as another
mentioned....they'll give you the "Shiites" that'll "Sunni' put you in the can. Of course, you can also get the
runs by not drinking enough. Salt is good but (as with ALL things...even water and air) you can get too much.

It'd probably kill you yankees if you had to be in the SOUTHsouth. I'm glad I'm a Southerner but I thank God I'm in the
heart of the South and not the SOUTHsouth. South East Texas is pretty darn bad too.
I figure the humidity and heat is about the same in NY as it is in the Memphis area but SHOOT if the river doesn't see to
make it feel HOTTER than hell as some of our other posters can testify.

My girls are coming back from being in East Texas for a week and they have been texting on how hot it is BUT with the photos
they've been sending of Six Flaggs and the water park....I don't see any sweating, melting or discomfort...just smiles. In a way, I wish
the rest of us had gone. My son, wife and I have been chilling out (INSIDE with PEACE & QUITE) for a change. It'll get a lot noisier when
the girls get home around supper tomorrow but I'll be glad to have them back (safe & sound).

Yeah... we're enjoying the cool AC but I still wouldn't mind being in FL right now. Someone withing this thead made mention of Florida being worse than NY but it truly depends on where you are. The closer you are to the Gulf and the mainland, the nastier it feels. The Orlando area seems to always be extremely comfortable and I've gone during Spring, Summer and Fall. For whatever reason FL is nothing like Mobile, Biloxi, New Orleans or South East Texas. It is rough where I am but my kin-folk down on the Gulf of Mississippi really have it bad. Anyone remember Biloxi blues? Yeah....that's right! Florida mush be different because of the winds coming off its East Coast and West Coast. I can't speak for Miami and some of those other $#!T HOLES cuz I have no desire to go that far South and that close to Cuba.

Well, gotta git...my wife just put on some filets in the skillet. We're having farm raised catfish & gulf shrimp my son picked up at the feed store. He's usually a darn good Bass angler but it's too blame hot for even the fish!!! He then stopped by a Sonic-like store for some fantastic slaw so it is hushpuppies.

Good food and a quite home for tonight!!!!! NO girls (except for the one that counts!!!! I've really enjoyed this and the other thread that had
nothing to do with politics. I trust you will get well soon, Jim, and I hope ALL will play it smart in this heat. Just let our Westies in and they are
now on cloud NINE! HA!!!

red state
07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Jim....you can count your blessings.

The photo below is of my 9 yr old 2nd cousin KODY (but I call him my nephew). He was out fishing with his dad in the Biloxi area and did this:

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_48425_ABtXimIAAPvzUenWpgWEAmE ycpU&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Poor kid. I wouldn't have made him ride all the way to the hospital (especially when I had already cut two of the barbs). They could just as easily cut the last barb and pulled it on through....that's what my dad has done for me and my brother. Kody is a GREAT kid (the most perfect kid I've ever met). He's respectful, obedient....and tough. He loves to fish, ride his dirt bike and can shoot a bow!!!

Anyhow....just thought this would make you feel better. They say a hammer to the toe makes the headache go away so I figured this may put other things into perspective. If that doesn't do it....I've got a photo of an arrow that broke while shooting that went in the top of the thumb's fleshy part, out the other side and through (THRU) the index finger. No, TYR, it wasn't me. HA!!!

red state
07-19-2013, 08:33 PM
I mis-spoke....the barbs were cut by the doctor. In the other photo, I noticed that the barbs were still in tact.

This is Kody during Christmas at the Malco...

Kathianne
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I heard them, not to mention you need only walk out your door to know it's steaming hot out! I haven't been to the beach or Playland in eons, and am trying to do some things together with my son is all. We both have hats, sunglasses, sun protection SPF 1,000,000, water... Just doesn't seem to help!

I'm certain you used commonsense. Shade, water, etc. My car and the local bank registered 104 around 2pm. damn! My car needs freon, not happening.

Sort of related, has anyone tried the Hershey's ice pops? They are awesome! reminds me of Fudgesicles when they were really good! No stick, but that also means no 1/3 falling onto your lap. ;)

red state
07-20-2013, 12:13 AM
On a serious note...while a boy and his mom were riding a roller coaster at SIX FLAGGS, the mom died when a malfunction or some other oddity with her safety harness gave way or had failed to lock. The roller coaster (one of the highest roller coaster in the world) was a ride that my two daughters had just riden an hour or so before the accident. I'm so thankful that they are OK.

After researching, I saw that there had been quite a lot of accidents at SIX FLAGGS. It also would appear that after Mr. Turner took it over, the park has not been all that safe. I can only say that this lady deserved nothing this tragic and I hope this will be the last. With Jim almost getting a heat stroke and with this lady out having fun with her son.....who knows when or where our number will be called. I suppose we could all learn from this and what I've learned is that these people were not just sitting around at home glued to the TV with the children in the next room....they were spending quality time with their family making memories. I just hope the boy will remember the good of this day and forget the bad.

I feel so sorry for the family (especially the boy who was riding next to his mom at the time). Good God....I can't imagine.

Ya'll, go out and spend some time with your loved ones tomorrow!!!! You may never get another tomorrow (or chance).

Larrymc
07-20-2013, 05:33 AM
I mis-spoke....the barbs were cut by the doctor. In the other photo, I noticed that the barbs were still in tact.

This is Kody during Christmas at the Malco...
5288"Ouch" How did he manage to get all three in his finger?

jimnyc
07-20-2013, 05:53 AM
Well, since at least one Southerner has piped up, I may as well do the same. Jim, you drank too much, too fast
and as Gaffer mentioned; you didn't prepare ahead of time. Be careful about all the electrolytes as another
mentioned....they'll give you the "Shiites" that'll "Sunni' put you in the can. Of course, you can also get the
runs by not drinking enough. Salt is good but (as with ALL things...even water and air) you can get too much.

Being in this area, you would think you get used to the heat and how to care for yourself, but I'm an idiot, I admit. :)

But that seems to be my issue, over heating and trying to fix by guzzling water. Then I feel bloated like I ate a meal for 30. I know they say to stay hydrated, but I get dried out so easily because of my medications that I guzzle bottles of water thinking it's helping. I need to learn what is best, and keep it in moderation.

Also, I'm like Dracula and haven't been out of my dark air conditioned computer room in like 10 years!

Jeff
07-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Being in this area, you would think you get used to the heat and how to care for yourself, but I'm an idiot, I admit. :)

But that seems to be my issue, over heating and trying to fix by guzzling water. Then I feel bloated like I ate a meal for 30. I know they say to stay hydrated, but I get dried out so easily because of my medications that I guzzle bottles of water thinking it's helping. I need to learn what is best, and keep it in moderation.

Also, I'm like Dracula and haven't been out of my dark air conditioned computer room in like 10 years!

Jim when I get to doinmg something outside in the heat and do over heat all the muscles in my body start cramping ( not not all at once) , but it may be in my legs or my sides , stomach area even had itr in my neck , and I am talking ya can feel the muscle turn and twist all I could do was scream, this also use to happen if I ran real hard on a particular week( you know one of those 6000 mile weeks with no sleep ) or if I was completly stressed ( the worst was when I went and bought a Harley Soft tail classic and paid cash , 11 grand gone , we went out to dinner to celebrats abd the cramping started end of celebration ) the Docs keep telling me to drink more water I use to drink so much water it was unreal and it still happened , but then I remember how while coaching the All stars in SC ( yes they where very serious ) we wrote a book of rules for the kids and told them no sport drinks , seems there is salt in there and if you are drinking it as a kid just because you are thirsty it does more harm than good , but as many on here I have seen post our body needs salt and when ya get to the point of sheer exhaustion where my body was going and it sounds like yours was to a large Gatorade helps a lot, when I go out for a ride and come home exhausted before I even lock the shop up Laura has one of those 32 ounce gatorades in hand waiting on me and yes I have had minor cramps so far this year but nothing like I use to

Larrymc
07-20-2013, 06:34 AM

Also, I'm like Dracula and haven't been out of my dark air conditioned computer room in like 10 years!HaHa i can relate.

Voted4Reagan
07-20-2013, 07:13 AM
http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/penelope_black_diamond/penelope_black_diamond_pbd_08_QTES5PJ.sized.jpg

Gaffer
07-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Jim when I get to doinmg something outside in the heat and do over heat all the muscles in my body start cramping ( not not all at once) , but it may be in my legs or my sides , stomach area even had itr in my neck , and I am talking ya can feel the muscle turn and twist all I could do was scream, this also use to happen if I ran real hard on a particular week( you know one of those 6000 mile weeks with no sleep ) or if I was completly stressed ( the worst was when I went and bought a Harley Soft tail classic and paid cash , 11 grand gone , we went out to dinner to celebrats abd the cramping started end of celebration ) the Docs keep telling me to drink more water I use to drink so much water it was unreal and it still happened , but then I remember how while coaching the All stars in SC ( yes they where very serious ) we wrote a book of rules for the kids and told them no sport drinks , seems there is salt in there and if you are drinking it as a kid just because you are thirsty it does more harm than good , but as many on here I have seen post our body needs salt and when ya get to the point of sheer exhaustion where my body was going and it sounds like yours was to a large Gatorade helps a lot, when I go out for a ride and come home exhausted before I even lock the shop up Laura has one of those 32 ounce gatorades in hand waiting on me and yes I have had minor cramps so far this year but nothing like I use to

Jeff, for cramping problems I have heard the best thing is bananas. The potassium is suppose to alleviate cramping.

Jeff
07-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Jeff, for cramping problems I have heard the best thing is bananas. The potassium is suppose to alleviate cramping.

Thank you Mr. Gaffer I take potassium pills and eat bananas and it does help but sometimes when it gets real bad nothing helps except that big 64 once Gatorade and a muscle relaxer

red state
07-20-2013, 08:33 AM
"Ouch" How did he manage to get all three in his finger?

Just one....they cut the other two just for good measure. Then they pushed the other one through, cut it and then pulled the two parts out. He's a tough, ALL American boy...nothing like what these liberals raise (to one day be president or something an ruin the country). He's a fighter and the type to help little old ladies with their grocery bags. SORRY....got political and this isn't a political thread.

Jim, you're no idiot...annoying at times but certainly not an idiot. HA!!! It sounds as if you definitely over did BOTH the sun and the "comforts". You'll be fine...just keep a moderate amount of good ole H2O coming in (NO BEER and Spirits). And count your blessings....you could have had a MUCH worse ordeal.

I often think of the tragedies of others to keep my own insignificant "ordeals" into perspective. As with that poor lady at Six Flaggs.....that could have been me or, worse yet, I could have gotten a phone call that one of my girls were the rider that fell from the coaster. God is so good to us and we deserve none of it....enjoy ya'll's kids today.

After I make my wife and I a cuppa, we're gonna try and do just that.

red state
07-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Thank you Mr. Gaffer I take potassium pills and eat bananas and it does help but sometimes when it gets real bad nothing helps except that big 64 once Gatorade and a muscle relaxer

Jeff, you can also try a heaping, disgusting amount of MUSTARD if the cramps lock your leg up and the pain is almost unbearable. GITMO could try running those out of shape arabs, let them get some MAJOR pains and then offer them mustard or something ONLY If they snitch. HA!

Try the mustard....it may actually help. Boy! those cramps can make a grown man cry, roll in the floor and BEG!!! HA!!!

Ya'll have a GREAT weekend!

aboutime
07-20-2013, 01:19 PM
http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/penelope_black_diamond/penelope_black_diamond_pbd_08_QTES5PJ.sized.jpg

Now there's an example of How to avoid DROWNING! Whoever said "More than a mouthful is a waste". Has No Taste!

jafar00
07-20-2013, 01:58 PM
It sounds a bit warm over there Jim ;) Can you send some of it my way?

What do you mean you paid to access the beach? Was it a private one?

jafar00
07-20-2013, 01:59 PM

Avocados are full of Potassium too! :)

Larrymc
07-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Now there's an example of How to avoid DROWNING! Whoever said "More than a mouthful is a waste". Has No Taste!Ya may not drown but suffocation, is definitely a concern,

aboutime
07-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Ya may not drown but suffocation, is definitely a concern,

LOL......Yeah, Larrymc. BUT....what a way to go?

PostmodernProphet
07-21-2013, 07:54 AM
the other day on the news they were playing around with some high tech thermometer at the beach....the air temperature was in the high 90s and then they would test things.....the sand was 111......the playground slide was 120.....the sidewalk was 108......Jim's dessicated corpse was 104.......

jimnyc
07-21-2013, 08:23 AM
It sounds a bit warm over there Jim ;) Can you send some of it my way?

What do you mean you paid to access the beach? Was it a private one?

When we went to Rye Playland, which is an amusement park on the water, they charge extra for pool access and beach access. I also have a membership for our towns beach club, and while we don't pay for daily access, there is a rather large one time fee! Anyone can pay to access the beach at Rye, and the local beach is for residents of my town only, so at least it's generally quiet and not a ton of people there.

jimnyc
07-21-2013, 08:24 AM
the other day on the news they were playing around with some high tech thermometer at the beach....the air temperature was in the high 90s and then they would test things.....the sand was 111......the playground slide was 120.....the sidewalk was 108......Jim's dessicated corpse was 104.......

You need a new thermometer then, as my corpse was no doubt at least 120 degrees! My body is VERY white and then somehow pulls the heat in and won't let it escape!

Jeff
07-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Jeff, you can also try a heaping, disgusting amount of MUSTARD if the cramps lock your leg up and the pain is almost unbearable. GITMO could try running those out of shape arabs, let them get some MAJOR pains and then offer them mustard or something ONLY If they snitch. HA!

Try the mustard....it may actually help. Boy! those cramps can make a grown man cry, roll in the floor and BEG!!! HA!!!

Ya'll have a GREAT weekend!
I had never heard of the Mustard the worst thing I have ever tried that did work was vinegar , and yes when I use to come home after a 6000 mile week all I could do is lay in the wifes lap and scream , hope yours is a good one as well

Avocados are full of Potassium too! :)

Thank you jafar I didn't know this but I do like Avocados so I will try it

jafar00
07-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Thank you jafar I didn't know this but I do like Avocados so I will try it

I often whip up Guacamole to dollop on Steak or with an Omelette in the morning. Potassium is so underrated yet the recommended daily intake here in Australia is 3500mg. Most get barely a 3rd of that. The solution is to eat more greens and I guess eating more Avocados is a good thing! :)

fj1200
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Picture of Jimmy on the beach today has surfaced... along with the Rescue crew trying to help cool him off and revive him.

http://rhodyview.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/beached_whale650.jpg

The story told by his rescuer was heartwarming as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Jim....you can count your blessings.

The photo below is of my 9 yr old 2nd cousin KODY (but I call him my nephew). He was out fishing with his dad in the Biloxi area and did this:

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_48425_ABtXimIAAPvzUenWpgWEAmE ycpU&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Poor kid. I wouldn't have made him ride all the way to the hospital (especially when I had already cut two of the barbs). They could just as easily cut the last barb and pulled it on through....that's what my dad has done for me and my brother. Kody is a GREAT kid (the most perfect kid I've ever met). He's respectful, obedient....and tough. He loves to fish, ride his dirt bike and can shoot a bow!!!

Anyhow....just thought this would make you feel better. They say a hammer to the toe makes the headache go away so I figured this may put other things into perspective. If that doesn't do it....I've got a photo of an arrow that broke while shooting that went in the top of the thumb's fleshy part, out the other side and through (THRU) the index finger. No, TYR, it wasn't me. HA!!! I always check my arrows carefully before shooting them. Any that look to be cracked are tossed into the fix, repair or strip for parts bin. Sometimes I put glue in the crack and use the arrow as a shoot away for the long do not dare retrieve shots that only a shoot away is good for. Heard years ago about a guy that was shooting a homemade bow with an off the hand rest and the arrow fractured sending a big sliver into the top of his hand. I've had too many serious wounds in my lifetime not to be extremely cautious with weapons my friend..-Tyr

red state
07-22-2013, 11:55 AM
As am I....the photo that you and I are talking about is NOT my hand. HA!!! Anyway, you're right....send that arrow flying (or don't shoot it at all). For those who'd like to be in on this....here is the photo:

*NOTE: the entrance from where the arrow snapped in half, proceeded to be pushed by the string, into the palm/thumb area, out through the inside of the palm and then through the top/inside of the middle finger. I mis-spoke when I said it was the index finger earlier.... This poor soul had to get the top of the finger sliced, the shaft cut at the inside palm so that a shorter "pull out" was exercised. He's lucky that the aluminum didn't go a bit lower and sever the arteries/veins and ligaments. As bad as it looks....this was just a scratch. *ALSO NOTE: teh white/yellow stuff in the outside of his hand is not a band-aid...it is the fletching all crowed inside his hand!!! EEeeeeeuuuuuuggggghhh!!!

Abbey Marie
07-23-2013, 12:25 PM

Jeff, when I get leg muscle cramps, I know I need to increase the potassium (banana, etc.) For me, it's the potassium level that make the difference.