PDA

View Full Version : Drones have rights , citizens dont.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/faa-warns-public-against-shooting-guns-drones-183617273.html FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones . http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/AKHWis3ZpCsnJchqkHPywQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9ODU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/bf0f2e66280a0b18380f6a7067004747.jpg.View gallery

In this Jan. 8, 2009, photo provided by the Mesa County, Colo., Sheriff's Department, a small Draganflyer X6 drone is photographed during a test flight in Mesa County, Colo., with a Forward Looking Infer Red payload. People who fire guns at drones are endangering the public and property and could be prosecuted or fined, the Federal Aviation Administration warned Friday, July 19, 2013, in response to a proposed ordinance in a small Colorado town that would encourage hunters to shoot down drones. In a statement released in response questions about an ordinance under consideration in the farming community of Deer Trail, the FAA reminded the public that it regulates the nation’s airspace, including the airspace over cities and towns.(AP Photo/Mesa County Sheriff's Unmanned Operations Team)
http://l.yimg.com/os/152/2012/04/21/image001-png_162613.png (http://www.ap.org/) <cite class="byline vcard top-line">JOAN LOWY <abbr>3 hours ago</abbr> </cite>

<iframe tabindex="-1" id="yom-ad-LREC-iframe" src="http://l.yimg.com/rq/darla/2-6-3/html/r-sf.html" frameborder="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 300px; height: 266px; display: block; visibility: inherit; position: absolute; z-index: 100;" hidefocus="true" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

WASHINGTON (AP) — People who fire guns at drones are endangering the public and property and could be prosecuted or fined, the Federal Aviation Administration warned Friday.
The FAA released a statement in response to questions about an ordinance under consideration in the tiny farming community of Deer Trail, Colo., that would encourage hunters to shoot down drones. The administration reminded the public that it regulates the nation's airspace, including the airspace over cities and towns.
A drone "hit by gunfire could crash, causing damage to persons or property on the ground, or it could collide with other objects in the air," the statement said. "Shooting at an unmanned aircraft could result in criminal or civil liability, just as would firing at a manned airplane."
Under the proposed ordinance, Deer Trail would grant hunting permits to shoot drones. The permits would cost $25 each. The town would also encourage drone hunting by awarding $100 to anyone who presents a valid hunting license and identifiable pieces of a drone that has been shot down.
Deer Trail resident Phillip Steel, 48, author of the proposal, said in an interview that he has 28 signatures on a petition — roughly 10 percent of the town's registered voters. Under Colorado law, that requires local officials to formally consider the proposal at a meeting next month, he said. Town officials would then have the option of adopting the ordinance or putting it on the ballot in an election this fall, he said.
The proposed ordinance is mostly a symbolic protest against small, civilian drones that are coming into use in the United States, Steel said. He acknowledged that it's unlikely there are any drones in use near Deer Trail. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am going to suggest some of the long range higher velocity varmit rifles would be best suited for any drone striking sport. A very good scope will be a must too. Don't worry about needing a larger caliber because those babies are very delicate. No Constitutional rights for drones in our Constitution. Happy hunting boys. By the way ,no need to get a permit because we citizens own the skies above our nation . Going to be good target practice all the way around as long as the drone is not an armed one. ;) If its armed it could get very dicey unless you are a wickedly good shot like me.. Of course how is the drone(drone operator) even going to know its being shot at unless its hit, then its too late. Another reason you'll need the super high velocity varmit rifles/calibers- :laugh:--Tyr

red state
07-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Has anyone seen the KITE WARS they do in some of those muSLUM countries? It is actually pretty kool. They fly their kites at one another and at the exact, precise moment, try to jerk on the string so that the sudden and carefully applied pressure cuts the opponents string (sending the loser's kite on a free fall).

Same applies to this idea....I'd love to see someone skilled enough to go after one of those drones (with their own drone). I've seen some vicious lil' pieces of flying machinery in the stores around Gatlinburg/Severeville. If one could simply attach a string that would easily come loose when pulled, maneuver over the opposing craft until the string gets tangled up in its propellers.....game over. I suppose if they have the right to infringe on our rights, we should have the right to fly as well. Before long....and after a few downed drones, they'd probably label OUR drones as "assault weapons" or force us to apply for a "carry" permit.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/respect/respect-055.gif

http://media.ifunny.com/results/2013/06/28/wskd7zhv7o.gif
When BIG BRO takes away the "toys" of RED States,
We'll all be left BLUE and with NUTHIN'.

aboutime
07-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Joe Biden told people how to protect themselves.

He didn't mention Drones. But a double-barreled 12 Guage Shotgun sure can change a Drone's angle of attack.

http://youtu.be/Kj1GaX_-E-E

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Joe Biden told people how to protect themselves.

He didn't mention Drones. But a double-barreled 12 Guage Shotgun sure can change a Drone's angle of attack.

http://youtu.be/Kj1GaX_-E-E
Sure can if the drone is flying mighty low my friend. ;) Would be more fun than skeet shooting....--Tyr

aboutime
07-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Sure can if the drone is flying mighty low my friend. ;) Would be more fun than skeet shooting....--Tyr

Does anyone happen to know if there is anything written, other than self-defense, that covers the swatting, shooting, batting down of any Drone?

Anyone read, or seen any mention of the penalties for defending yourself against a Drone?

And, if you do happen to bring a Drone down. Is there any law that says "You must return it to the owner?"

Kinda like Iran's bragging about shooting down a U.S. Drone, then taking photo's of it for their Newspaper???

And Finally. According to our laws. Does the operator of any drone over US face any charges for ASSAULT, or MURDER if the drone
does what the Operator controls it to do???

fj1200
07-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I am going to suggest some of the long range higher velocity varmit rifles would be best suited for any drone striking sport. A very good scope will be a must too. Don't worry about needing a larger caliber because those babies are very delicate. No Constitutional rights for drones in our Constitution. Happy hunting boys. By the way ,no need to get a permit because we citizens own the skies above our nation . Going to be good target practice all the way around as long as the drone is not an armed one. ;) If its armed it could get very dicey unless you are a wickedly good shot like me.. Of course how is the drone(drone operator) even going to know its being shot at unless its hit, then its too late. Another reason you'll need the super high velocity varmit rifles/calibers- :laugh:--Tyr

Actually there is; it's right under the subsection of the Constitution that grants rights for airplanes.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Actually there is; it's right under the subsection of the Constitution that grants rights for airplanes.
Yes, I remember reading that one. It goes like this Article one, subsection 9 , Franklin's future inventions. The airplane it doeth flyeth and where it shall land nobody knows. The right to land shall not be infringed upon. :laugh:--Tyr note: No mention of "drones"...;)

fj1200
07-22-2013, 09:56 AM
You just need to read it carefully.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2013, 10:09 AM
You just need to read it carefully. Ok, got out my super secret decoder glass and my invisible writing magnifier too. Wow, look at that!!! A note written in invisible ink. It says, " Beware of lying bastards and scoundrels of all stripes. Flying flags of false colors. They can be identified as democrats that ignorantly demand the world acknowledge their enlightenment and superior state of being." Say , how did you know that was there written in invisible ink???- :D--Tyr

fj1200
07-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Ok, got out my super secret decoder glass and my invisible writing magnifier too. Wow, look at that!!! A note written in invisible ink. It says, " Beware of lying bastards and scoundrels of all stripes. Flying flags of false colors. They can be identified as democrats that ignorantly demand the world acknowledge their enlightenment and superior state of being." Say , how did you know that was there written in invisible ink???- :D--Tyr

Yes, because that's a logical argument. :rolleyes: Do you know how many Constitutional things we have in modern times that are not mentioned in the Constitution? Are police helicopters unconstitutional?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Yes, because that's a logical argument. :rolleyes: Do you know how many Constitutional things we have in modern times that are not mentioned in the Constitution? Are police helicopters unconstitutional? Are a sitting president's attacks upon the Constitution Constitutional? How about that president's end runs around Congress by using Executive Orders? Lots of things are not mentioned in the Constitution but we have a Supreme Court that is charged with deciding those. A damn shame that it too has been corrupted by Obama appointments.-Tyr

fj1200
07-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Are a sitting president's attacks upon the Constitution Constitutional? How about that president's end runs around Congress by using Executive Orders? Lots of things are not mentioned in the Constitution but we have a Supreme Court that is charged with deciding those. A damn shame that it too has been corrupted by Obama appointments.-Tyr

Well that doesn't even come close to addressing the topic. Are police cars also granted Constitutional rights by declaring that you will face criminal charges for taking shots as they drive by your house?

If you get out your decoder ring again you might glean my CPUSA leanings. :slap:

The immediately preceding sentence was tongue in cheek if anyone is confused.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Well that doesn't even come close to addressing the topic. Are police cars also granted Constitutional rights by declaring that you will face criminal charges for taking shots as they drive by your house?

If you get out your decoder ring again you might glean my CPUSA leanings. :slap:

The immediately preceding sentence was tongue in cheek if anyone is confused. Do they have drone cars too! Who knew!???? :laugh: --Tyr Are any of them equipped with missiles and other fancy military weapons?:laugh: Hoss, you only wish you had my decoder ring. ;) . I keep it attached right here on my shoulders..

fj1200
07-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Do they have drone cars too! Who knew!???? :laugh: --Tyr Are any of them equipped with missiles and other fancy military weapons?:laugh: Hoss, you only wish you had my decoder ring. ;) . I keep it attached right here on my shoulders..

I didn't say that they had drone cars, show me the pic in the story where police drones are armed with missiles, and based on the preceding your decoder ring isn't worth much if it doesn't show you anything that is actually true.

revelarts
07-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Ok well here's the thing at this point we are so far down the road and people minds so twisted into thinking that the gov't can come in your house and bed down your wife
"if it has a good reason", or
"is going to save her life or the lives of the community" or
"protect us from a ticking time bomb".

so it's become hypothetical to even talk about what could be done on the drone side from a rights and constitutional prespective.
There may be laws on the books already that protect us from drone/helcopter surveilence specifically but the the same 4th amendment that shield us from "unreasonable searches" without warrants .
like from wiretapping lol

should protect us here as well.
A cop walking by could peep over your fence i guess but that's a normal review. a drone trolling from above is EXTRAORDINARY. police don't walk through neighborhoods looking over every 6 ft fence taking video.
If you'd have problem with a cop doing that, then you should have problem with drones flying willy nilly over the neighborhood taking pictures.

On another level i wonder about airspace rights. I'd assume the the feds have ASSUMED all rights to airspace and it's a "privileged" for the "free" people of the US to use it without permission and permit and license.
I wonder if it's time to challenge that.
and not only that I remember my very good gov't teachers in Jr high telling us kids that property rights extend from the core of the earth to space.
I've never double checked her comments. but if true wouldn't the gov't need to get permission to come into MY or YOUR air space? especially since they are flooding the air with camera's and who knows what else.

just thinking out loud