PDA

View Full Version : The party train?

WiccanLiberal
07-20-2013, 07:31 AM
I had a miserable work week. I decided to treat myself to some pampering and went to the nail salon for a mani-pedi. That means I take a later train home but on a Friday I don't really mind getting home later. So the train from Penn to Jamaica was uneventful. I transferred over at Jamaica to the Montauk train across the track. When I commute, I use a cane to help with stairs etc. so on this double-decker train, I use the disability seats at the end of the car so I don't have to climb up and down. I had to first ask a couple to move their luggage off the seat but they had no issue. They went right back to trying to swallow each others tonsils. I noted a bike tethered to the luggage rack across the way and blocking the other pull down disability seats. As I watched, two other folks came in with bikes. Meanwhile the conductor is repeatedly announcing no bikes on this train. No bikes moved. The conductor finally had to come down to the car and make the bike owners get off. Not before a guy with a full sized surfboard also tried to fit in. Of course the people who got the pull down seats only had social disabilities. Loud twenty somethings. I finally asked them if they realized how loud they were getting. One girl must have known she was the biggest offender. She chimed in that she hadn't seen her friends in sooo loong. I replied she must indeed be a special snowflake if she felt she was entitled to inflict her rudeness on everyone around her. Sometimes I truly understand why people assault their fellow humans.

aboutime
07-20-2013, 02:19 PM
I had a miserable work week. I decided to treat myself to some pampering and went to the nail salon for a mani-pedi. That means I take a later train home but on a Friday I don't really mind getting home later. So the train from Penn to Jamaica was uneventful. I transferred over at Jamaica to the Montauk train across the track. When I commute, I use a cane to help with stairs etc. so on this double-decker train, I use the disability seats at the end of the car so I don't have to climb up and down. I had to first ask a couple to move their luggage off the seat but they had no issue. They went right back to trying to swallow each others tonsils. I noted a bike tethered to the luggage rack across the way and blocking the other pull down disability seats. As I watched, two other folks came in with bikes. Meanwhile the conductor is repeatedly announcing no bikes on this train. No bikes moved. The conductor finally had to come down to the car and make the bike owners get off. Not before a guy with a full sized surfboard also tried to fit in. Of course the people who got the pull down seats only had social disabilities. Loud twenty somethings. I finally asked them if they realized how loud they were getting. One girl must have known she was the biggest offender. She chimed in that she hadn't seen her friends in sooo loong. I replied she must indeed be a special snowflake if she felt she was entitled to inflict her rudeness on everyone around her. Sometimes I truly understand why people assault their fellow humans.

W.L. Gotta admit. You are a much stronger willed person than I could ever hope to be if I lived up there.
Truth is. If I had to mingle, and be around that kind of obnoxious stupidity every day. I'd be Al Pacino in DOG DAY AFTERNOON.
Almost a certainty. I'd be another Gun-packin', subway killer for sure.
Don't know how all of you manage to survive living so close, in all the traffic, noise, and endless selfish ignorance.
So. I applaud and Salute you.

WiccanLiberal
07-20-2013, 02:56 PM
I think the way I manage to deal with it is to ignore most of it. I comment on the high level of stupid to V4R, so I can laugh at it a little. Last night I had already decompressed a little. I had this really neat mental image of a troop of cane and walker toting little old ladies coming in and clearing the vestibule and making all those morons get up and stand. Except for the couple next to me. They were just necking and not bothering anyone. They were QUIET.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I had a miserable work week. I decided to treat myself to some pampering and went to the nail salon for a mani-pedi. That means I take a later train home but on a Friday I don't really mind getting home later. So the train from Penn to Jamaica was uneventful. I transferred over at Jamaica to the Montauk train across the track. When I commute, I use a cane to help with stairs etc. so on this double-decker train, I use the disability seats at the end of the car so I don't have to climb up and down. I had to first ask a couple to move their luggage off the seat but they had no issue. They went right back to trying to swallow each others tonsils. I noted a bike tethered to the luggage rack across the way and blocking the other pull down disability seats. As I watched, two other folks came in with bikes. Meanwhile the conductor is repeatedly announcing no bikes on this train. No bikes moved. The conductor finally had to come down to the car and make the bike owners get off. Not before a guy with a full sized surfboard also tried to fit in. Of course the people who got the pull down seats only had social disabilities. Loud twenty somethings. I finally asked them if they realized how loud they were getting. One girl must have known she was the biggest offender. She chimed in that she hadn't seen her friends in sooo loong. I replied she must indeed be a special snowflake if she felt she was entitled to inflict her rudeness on everyone around her. Sometimes I truly understand why people assault their fellow humans. I could give you a fine list of about 15 damn good reasons. The more principled a man is the more reasons that exist. Americans are taught that their vices and rudeness are attributes! You'll see this represented even more greatly in the black Southern culture . Lets just take the most common one. That of public profanity. Here the blacks can not string 3 sentences together without saying motherfukker a dozen times. And that is with total disregard of the women and young children present. When I walk over and tell them to shut the hell up they most often don't know what to do! That's because in their culture its the --normal way of talking. Yet most went to school and saw it was not! Its actually laziness, ignorance and contempt for civilized people. Pure contempt because they do see other people living lives that prove their ignorance, laziness and hatred is evil and a product of irresponsibility. If my posting this TRUTH here convinces anybody here that I am racist so be it. I will not abandon TRUTH to placate such ffing foooooooooooools... --Tyr