PDA

View Full Version : My high school bully is dying of cancer

glockmail
07-21-2013, 01:20 PM
I read it on facebook. He had a bout with melanoma, had treatment, now it's back and flowing all through his body. He's toast. When I read it I felt strangely elated; justice served. First, the history:

"Jay" was about 6'-3", 220# football player and I was 5'-11" 135# middle distance runner. The fact that I ran the 1/4 mile faster than anyone else at school earned me the respect of most of the football- cheerleader clique although not their friendship. I had a wide circle of friends who tended to be independent thinkers, like me. Jay was an asshole, came from a wealthy family, drove a nice new Firebird, and routinely picked on smaller kids. His parents had a nice summer house on Cape Cod and mine rented a shack one week/ year. I had friends down there and used to hang out in Falmouth often when I wasn't working.

It wasn't easy getting a "real" job back then so after I got my driver's license the mother of a friend set up a moving company. She bought an old pick-up which I drove, she advertised the business and took the calls, scheduled the moves, charged something like $28/ hour, and her son and I moved apartments all around metro Boston. We were pretty successful and I always had some cash in my pocket for gas money, fixing my old car, and beer when we could get it.

The summer after high school graduation, 1977, I finally landed a "real" job at the local hospital kitchen. Since I was the new guy they gave me the worst shifts, which were Saturday and Sunday 7 am to 7 pm. Sometimes I could pick up a half day shift during the week if a veteran employee wanted to take off, and it was usually Friday afternoons or Monday mornings. Between that and the moving business I didn't have much time, none at all during the weekends, and when I had time off I liked to spend a little on gas and head on down to The Cape.

One of these times I was with two friends and we were hanging around in the parking lot of the Seascape, which was a private club on the beach, frequented by wealthy folks and their families. As I recall we were there to meet someone to buy a used 8-track stereo that my friend Chuck wanted to put in his beater '64 Oldsmobile. The seller turned out to be a friend of Jay's and he's there and starts some shit and I'm like WTF go back to your private club. Somehow I get separated from my friends and Jay basically mugged me, took my wallet and emptied it of the $60 in hard earned cash that was in it then tossed it back to me. I'm like "WTF Jay doesn't mommy give you enough you have to steal mine, you asshole?" He told me to "pound sand, WTF are you going to do about it, go FUCK yourself you little faggot" then walked away. By the time I caught up with my friends he was gone, back to his parent's private club and all the free drinks he wanted.

Back to the present day. I've thought about that asshole many times, as y'all know I'm a true Southerner at heart, it just took me a long time to get down here, and along with that I never forget. Never. No, not ever. If you want my forgiveness you'll have to repent, pay me back what you owe me plus interest, and in this case since my cash was hard to come by then multiply by a factor of my hourly billing rate now verses then. Then publicly admit what you did and apologize. Plus compounded interest over 36 years and I'm thinking several thousand is what asshole Jay owes me.

So yeah I should be elated that the fucker is going to die. And in fact I was.

Then this morning I'm thinking about it, maybe I should mention this story on Facebook and blow up the entire 1977 class reunion and sorry-fest that's going on there. Gosh wouldn't that be funny, boy wouldn't they all hate on me for that. :laugh:

Then I went to church and prayed for the poor asshole. Although I feel cleansed I'm not all that happy about being clean.

WiccanLiberal
07-21-2013, 01:34 PM
I get the whole bully thing. I was the class outcast. I loathed a high percentage of my classmates. And I have never attended a class reunion. If I didn't like them back then, why would I waste my time on them now? My advice, continue the prayers. I have seen people die of melanoma. It is probably one of the more horrible and painful deaths anyone can imagine. Whoever this arse was as a teenager, right now he is just a painfully suffering human being. And since you mentioned the condition, I will get up on my healthcare soapbox and advise EVERYONE to get a dermatology screening. Melanoma is DEADLY and it can affect anyone. Most of us who are adults now got more sun than we needed as kids and are at risk now. Follow this link for more info.
http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/melanoma

glockmail
07-21-2013, 02:10 PM
There was a small handful of kids in my class of '77 that I would consider friends as well. I just didn't do the whole clique thing. And the ones that do the reunion thing I never hung with. So no, I haven't been to a reunion either. The only reason I'd ever go is to show up slim and trim, with my beautiful wife, some pictures of our beautiful kids and our two beautiful homes, swing through and say hi, and then leave early. The best revenge is to live well. But I don't need revenge.

tailfins
07-21-2013, 02:18 PM
I also found my high school bully. He was arrested for being a wanted fugitive in 2001.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Charlotte-County-FL/Gerald-Lee-Quesenberry.3838675.html

http://thumbs.mugshots.com/gallery/images/2/1c/e1/Gerald-Lee-Quesenberry_mugshot.400x800.jpg

glockmail
07-21-2013, 03:15 PM
I also found my high school bully. He was arrested for being a wanted fugitive in 2001.

:lol:

Justice served.

aboutime
07-21-2013, 03:29 PM
I get the whole bully thing. I was the class outcast. I loathed a high percentage of my classmates. And I have never attended a class reunion. If I didn't like them back then, why would I waste my time on them now? My advice, continue the prayers. I have seen people die of melanoma. It is probably one of the more horrible and painful deaths anyone can imagine. Whoever this arse was as a teenager, right now he is just a painfully suffering human being. And since you mentioned the condition, I will get up on my healthcare soapbox and advise EVERYONE to get a dermatology screening. Melanoma is DEADLY and it can affect anyone. Most of us who are adults now got more sun than we needed as kids and are at risk now. Follow this link for more info.
http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/melanoma

W.L. True. Oh so true. Only last year, did I begin to see the results of spending long, long days in the sun aboard navy ships.
My doc has removed two from my forehead, and others keep forming on my forearms.
The people who fail to use Sunscreen today are asking for much more serious problems later on.
Symptoms begin innocently like pimples, but they soon grow, itch, and can bleed.
Take care now. Or pay later.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Can not relate to the bullying except I often defended my friends that were bullied by much older students in high school. By the time I was a freshman everybody knew me and knew all my friends were to never be bullied or else Id stomp somebody's damn ass! Even seniors shied away because my older brother could and would easily stomp them were they at 6'4' 250 lbs big and tough enough to defeat me at my 145 lbs 5"11'.. Which that only happened once and the guy was 19 almost 20 , I was 15 and almost defeated him in a fight. My older brother caught him on the weekend and stomped him very badly. He was a giant compared to my older brother but no match in the strength, speed and pure fighting ability. I was expelled from school the first two times for defending a weaker classmate. Most of the other fights were out behind the Agri-building with no teacher involved . I won all of them. Will not bore you with details of the other fights but was expelled from two schools and had to finish my senior year in another state to graduate. Lived with my oldest brother in Springfield Illinois and graduated from Springfield Southeast High School. I always dearly hate a damn bully... Even defended a few guys I was not particularly fond of.. Did so because back then I considered fighting fun and the "practice" important. Ahhh, to be young and full of piss and vinegar again!! :laugh:--Tyr

Jeff
07-22-2013, 06:18 AM
I alos cant really relate we had bullies in school but I cant remember any bothering me in fact I guess whith a couple I may have been the bully ( never anything like stealing someones money ) but Glock to harbor ill feeling all this time isn't good for ya, the best thing to do for a guy like that is pray for him, he was a real punk no doubt but what comes around goes around and maybe this is it coming around I dont know, but since going to church I have learned harboring hate doesnt help no one it only eats at ya ( I use to do it a good bit and dont get me wrong I am still guilty just not as bad, but I am trying ) Personally I think the best thing you could do for his is as ya said pray for him because if he hadnt found the right way by now he is in real trouble

Larrymc
07-22-2013, 09:47 AM
I read it on facebook. He had a bout with melanoma, had treatment, now it's back and flowing all through his body. He's toast. When I read it I felt strangely elated; justice served. First, the history:

"Jay" was about 6'-3", 220# football player and I was 5'-11" 135# middle distance runner. The fact that I ran the 1/4 mile faster than anyone else at school earned me the respect of most of the football- cheerleader clique although not their friendship. I had a wide circle of friends who tended to be independent thinkers, like me. Jay was an asshole, came from a wealthy family, drove a nice new Firebird, and routinely picked on smaller kids. His parents had a nice summer house on Cape Cod and mine rented a shack one week/ year. I had friends down there and used to hang out in Falmouth often when I wasn't working.

It wasn't easy getting a "real" job back then so after I got my driver's license the mother of a friend set up a moving company. She bought an old pick-up which I drove, she advertised the business and took the calls, scheduled the moves, charged something like $28/ hour, and her son and I moved apartments all around metro Boston. We were pretty successful and I always had some cash in my pocket for gas money, fixing my old car, and beer when we could get it.

The summer after high school graduation, 1977, I finally landed a "real" job at the local hospital kitchen. Since I was the new guy they gave me the worst shifts, which were Saturday and Sunday 7 am to 7 pm. Sometimes I could pick up a half day shift during the week if a veteran employee wanted to take off, and it was usually Friday afternoons or Monday mornings. Between that and the moving business I didn't have much time, none at all during the weekends, and when I had time off I liked to spend a little on gas and head on down to The Cape.

One of these times I was with two friends and we were hanging around in the parking lot of the Seascape, which was a private club on the beach, frequented by wealthy folks and their families. As I recall we were there to meet someone to buy a used 8-track stereo that my friend Chuck wanted to put in his beater '64 Oldsmobile. The seller turned out to be a friend of Jay's and he's there and starts some shit and I'm like WTF go back to your private club. Somehow I get separated from my friends and Jay basically mugged me, took my wallet and emptied it of the $60 in hard earned cash that was in it then tossed it back to me. I'm like "WTF Jay doesn't mommy give you enough you have to steal mine, you asshole?" He told me to "pound sand, WTF are you going to do about it, go FUCK yourself you little faggot" then walked away. By the time I caught up with my friends he was gone, back to his parent's private club and all the free drinks he wanted.

Back to the present day. I've thought about that asshole many times, as y'all know I'm a true Southerner at heart, it just took me a long time to get down here, and along with that I never forget. Never. No, not ever. If you want my forgiveness you'll have to repent, pay me back what you owe me plus interest, and in this case since my cash was hard to come by then multiply by a factor of my hourly billing rate now verses then. Then publicly admit what you did and apologize. Plus compounded interest over 36 years and I'm thinking several thousand is what asshole Jay owes me.

Then this morning I'm thinking about it, maybe I should mention this story on Facebook and blow up the entire 1977 class reunion and sorry-fest that's going on there. Gosh wouldn't that be funny, boy wouldn't they all hate on me for that. :laugh:

Then I went to church and prayed for the poor asshole. Although I feel cleansed I'm not all that happy about being clean.Wow it takes a strong person to pray for this man, But it seems like you still can't forgive, So now do something for your self, and find a way to forgive and find peace.

glockmail
07-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Nope. Forgiveness requires repentance from the other party. Jay's too full of himself to probably even remember. Yet most folks would remember stealing from someone else, mugging them, taking adavntage of someone because of their size. He knows I'm on facebook since our corresponding circles intertwine a bit. I've gotten those automatic notices "you have x mutal friends' and his picture, so you now he's gotten them about me. He looks the same, oversized asshole, shit eating grin, except bald. My facebook profile picture is me in my ealy 20's, and I look very much in that picture as I did in high school. There's no way he doesn't remember me and know exactly who I am.

All that time at SeaScape and hanging at the private beach caused his melanoma. I don't go to the beach, and wear sunscreen all the time.

The funny thing is, if I brought up this story on facebook you know it would be the equivalent of an atomic bomb going off, and I'd be the one blamed. For telling facts. :laugh:

Larrymc
07-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Nope. Forgiveness requires repentance from the other party. Jay's too full of himself to probably even remember. Yet most folks would remember stealing from someone else, mugging them, taking adavntage of someone because of their size. He knows I'm on facebook since our corresponding circles intertwine a bit. I've gotten those automatic notices "you have x mutal friends' and his picture, so you now he's gotten them about me. He looks the same, oversized asshole, shit eating grin, except bald. My facebook profile picture is me in my ealy 20's, and I look very much in that picture as I did in high school. There's no way he doesn't remember me and know exactly who I am.

All that time at SeaScape and hanging at the private beach caused his melanoma. I don't go to the beach, and wear sunscreen all the time.

The funny thing is, if I brought up this story on facebook you know it would be the equivalent of an atomic bomb going off, and I'd be the one blamed. For telling facts. :laugh:True forgiveness has nothing to do with the other person, its not about forgetting, you probably never will, its giving up your desire to make that person pay, Because by doweling on it, hurts you Mentally and even Physically and he dose not deserve the opportunity to cause you more pain, but his not in control of this pain you are. Sorry don't mean to get in your business, but i've been wronged big time in life as well, and it took years to let it go.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-22-2013, 09:31 PM

The funny thing is, if I brought up this story on facebook you know it would be the equivalent of an atomic bomb going off, and I'd be the one blamed. For telling facts. :laugh:
I can tell you it is important to forgive but have found a few people that I can not forgive in my life. All of them did harm to somebody other than me. I forgive my ex-wife for what she did to me but not what she did to our daughter. We were both adults and life is not all cake and apple pie but my daughter was a young helpless child! If legally able I'd roast her sorry ass for what she did (mental abuse inflicted) for years to my daughter. Yes, its best if one can forgive.. -Tyr

red state
07-22-2013, 09:43 PM
True forgiveness has nothing to do with the other person, its not about forgetting, you probably never will, its giving up your desire to make that person pay, Because by doweling on it, hurts you Mentally and even Physically and he dose not deserve the opportunity to cause you more pain, but his not in control of this pain you are. Sorry don't mean to get in your business, but i've been wronged big time in life as well, and it took years to let it go.

Agreed...like Tyr, I've never been bullied but a few have tried. I've also defended my brother on a number of occasions and unlike Tyr's situation, my brother lacked ANY grit worth mentioning...the last time I stuck up for him, I looked him square in the eye and told him that if he EVER backed down from a fight (regardless of expected outcome or fear) I'd kick his @$$ worse than the guy he feared. I also was in quite a few scraps and have always battled my anger but as Jeff said, God can do a lot with an out of control anger. I've never gotten into major trouble and was not often caught fighting but there were two instances that I was caught. One was with a Junior (or senior....I forget now) but both of us were good ole boys who knew what fer. It was TOTALLY a misunderstanding and stupidity on both sides but my football coach was literally shaking when he pulled us apart. We were dead locked and it truly could have been bad. I was in the seventh grade at the time but I will never forget how stupid and KraZy we both were. Two good ole boys ought not go after each other the way we did. Later, I even got canned because of an incident but I truly took the slothfulness and verbal crap as long as I could.....even told the guy that before cramming my fist down his throat. Thank God I wasn't charged with anything cuz that motor mouth could NOT fight and it looked pretty bad the way he was man handled. He would always put his work on us and would always talk about kicking my @$$ if he ever came up to my buddies place while we were sparring. I always hoped he'd show up but he never did. I believe three or four pulled me off of him that day (one of which was my buddy and sparring partner who now trains kids and the local law enforcement). My shoulder is still out of whack because of the way he stopped my backed and ready to go arm. I ran into that motor mouth a few months later and never got over him getting us both of us canned. He was on the side of the road with the hood up and I drove right on by and smiled.....but simply had to do the right thing so I turned around and asked if he needed any help. He looked as though he had $#!T a brick when he saw me on that old back road. HA! He quickly said: 'NO and THANKS'. That's the least I EVER heard that ole tattoo covered, chain wearing loud mouth speak.

At any rate the point of that is to say that forgiveness goes a long way. I still have a few that have done me wrongly over land situations (may have told you about that TYR) and although I've gotten over it....I can't say that I've ever really forgiven them. I don't treat them poorly but I don't fellowship with them as was once the case either. There are so many stories of bitterness that I could share but I'll not bore everyone any more than I already have.

Man's existence is of very few years and FULL of trouble....

Kathianne
07-22-2013, 11:57 PM
True forgiveness has nothing to do with the other person, its not about forgetting, you probably never will, its giving up your desire to make that person pay, Because by doweling on it, hurts you Mentally and even Physically and he dose not deserve the opportunity to cause you more pain, but his not in control of this pain you are. Sorry don't mean to get in your business, but i've been wronged big time in life as well, and it took years to let it go.

I agree with the sentiments. Letting go of anger, hate, frees yourself. Those feelings have not harmed the intended target, indeed as Glock says, 'Jay' probably doesn't even remember...'

Forgiveness is not about the one forgiven, but the person forgiving.

Jeff
07-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Glock one Sunday Morning my preacher talked about forgiving the terrorist that brought us terror on 9/11 ( I thought yea hello ) and after the service I said to him " maybe if you had family in NYC at the time ya wouldn't be so forgiving " and he smiled looked at me and said I did have family in the one of the towers but what good does us holding hate and wanting revenge against these people do, heck you will never get revenge against them they are dead and furthermore to hold all that hate only hurts us not them , he then went on to another subject him and I had spoke of CHILD MOLESTERS he said both you and I feel the same here he said if the law was death by firing squad he would volunteer for the job but its not so so why hold hate for these people . they all must answer to a much more powerful being than us they must answer to God and we know Murder is a major sin and I doubt those in that plane where forgiven before it hit a molester also has to answer to God and his punishment will be far greater than we could of given him . I thought about it and it doesn't mean they are forgiven it just cleanses our hearts they still have to answer to God for what they have done whether we forgive or not, but to carry that much hate is wrong and will eat ya up man , I like you did it for years now I simply look at a person and pray they will change because I am not nor can I forgive there actions I can only make me right

Wild Duck
07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for posting your story Glockmail. I learned long ago you can't hold on to the past. Grudges never pan out and prevent you from being happy. And happiness is what life's all about, brother. Besides, you can't blame someone too much how they acted in high school. We were all a bunch of dumb-asses back then, at least I was. Maybe he feels bad over what he did but too emberrassed to apologize.

Mark Twain said forgiveness is the fragrance left behind by the violet on the heel that crushed it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks for posting your story Glockmail. I learned long ago you can't hold on to the past. Grudges never pan out and prevent you from being happy. And happiness is what life's all about, brother. Besides, you can't blame someone too much how they acted in high school. We were all a bunch of dumb-asses back then, at least I was. Maybe he feels bad over what he did but too emberrassed to apologize.

Mark Twain said forgiveness is the fragrance left behind by the violet on the heel that crushed it. Who wasn't a dumbass sometimes between the ages of 13 and 19?

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”
― Thomas Stephen Szasz (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/11343.Thomas_Stephen_Szasz)

logroller
07-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Hey glock, you should friend him and post a message explaining the ordeal and ask for your $60 back. Sounds like its now or never.

Nukeman
07-24-2013, 05:36 AM
Hey glock, you should friend him and post a message explaining the ordeal and ask for your $60 back. Sounds like its now or never.Dude I had the same thought!!:laugh: Get it while you can....:coffee:

jimnyc
07-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Hey glock, you should friend him and post a message explaining the ordeal and ask for your $60 back. Sounds like its now or never.

Welcome back ya bastard!! :laugh: :beer:

glockmail
07-24-2013, 11:36 AM

Mark Twain said forgiveness is the fragrance left behind by the violet on the heel that crushed it.

I was a dumbass too but I never stole money from someone. And this asshole had rich parents who gave him whatever he wanted. He didn't need it. I did; in fact had to borrow money to pay for gas to get home, which was 90 miles away.

And I'm happy as all hell. The best revenge is to live well, and I do.

glockmail
07-24-2013, 11:40 AM

I've thought of that, wouldn't even have to friend him, just comment on a post made by a mutual "friend". As I said earlier, that would be like throwing a bomb and blow up the sorry-fest going on, and everyone would get pissed at me, because I dare to tel the truth. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2013, 06:31 PM
I've thought of that, wouldn't even have to friend him, just comment on a post made by a mutual "friend". As I said earlier, that would be like throwing a bomb and blow up the sorry-fest going on, and everyone would get pissed at me, because I dare to tel the truth. :laugh: Life and fate often favors he that dares! Should you decide to ask for your 60 bucks back don't be a chump about it my friend. Add on the required interests over the years. I'm guessing about 300 bucks would do it. A guy I know moved away back in 1986 owing me 150 bucks from a gambling debt(he lost on the pool table) . Have in mind if our paths ever cross telling him to fork over 850 bucks or suffer the consequences. Told my wife don't be shocked should I land in jail after beating his sorry ass. He first went to Florida then to LA, after that I lost track. I dearly hate a damn welcher..-Tyr

glockmail
07-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Life and fate often favors he that dares! Should you decide to ask for your 60 bucks back don't be a chump about it my friend. Add on the required interests over the years. I'm guessing about 300 bucks would do it. A guy I know moved away back in 1986 owing me 150 bucks from a gambling debt(he lost on the pool table) . Have in mind if our paths ever cross telling him to fork over 850 bucks or suffer the consequences. Told my wife don't be shocked should I land in jail after beating his sorry ass. He first went to Florida then to LA, after that I lost track. I dearly hate a damn welcher..-Tyr Dude, $300 bucks, are you kidding? Back then my hourly wage was $3.75. Now it's $100. That's the inflation factor, then add interest, 10% for 36 years. It's a chunk of change...

glockmail
07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Oh, man, I'm on his FB page. I should send him a friend request with an invoice. Pay this or burn in hell....

glockmail
07-24-2013, 11:49 PM
It's up to $4626.72. This assumes:

Hourly wage, 1977, $3.75.

$60 x 100/3.75 = $375.

36 years @ 7% interest

Is hell worth it Jay?

glockmail
07-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Oh crap I multiplied wrong. It would be $1600 initially. But to be fair, I should probably shouldn't factor my professional rate, but the rate of someone who works in a hospital kitchen now. I dunno, $18/ hour? So the initial robbery is equivalent to $60 x 18/3.75 = $288, and present value is $3553.

Abbey Marie
07-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Value of amount stolen $60
Value of amount stolen, adjusted: $3553
Value of forgiveness of a dying man: Priceless

Perianne
07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
I am 100% Finnish, with blonde hair, blue eyes. My mother and I moved to USA when I was three. A couple of years later she married a black man. This was in the 60s. I grew up being called "little n*gger girl", "n*gger lover", and kinds of racist stuff. The worst of it all was by my teachers in school. My mother went to the principal's office to protest, but nothing was ever done about it. A little while later we moved from Ohio to Kentucky, where, believe it or not, things got better.

But I will never forget the verbal bullying by all those people. And I don't forgive them and don't want to.

KitchenKitten99
07-25-2013, 12:58 PM

I never forget. Never. No, not ever. If you want my forgiveness you'll have to repent, pay me back what you owe me plus interest, and in this case since my cash was hard to come by then multiply by a factor of my hourly billing rate now verses then. Then publicly admit what you did and apologize. Plus compounded interest over 36 years and I'm thinking several thousand is what asshole Jay owes me.

Then I went to church and prayed for the poor asshole. Although I feel cleansed I'm not all that happy about being clean.

I get this. I do.

I don't trust most people 100%, especially females (as I have ranted about before). There are a few that I do but only because they are similar in nature to me with trust, etc.

I was bullied by several people in school, all throughout school, elementary-- middle, and high school.

However after high school, before Facebook, and even MySpace, I think that gave enough time to heal some of the wounds. One of my high schools (the one in the town I went to elem/middle/freshman yr high school) held a 5yr reunion. I had grown up with these people and even though I had not graduated with them, I knew them, plus my now-ex-husband had graduated with them, and had the same circle of friends.

I was more forgiving back then, just wanting to move past the BS that we went through in school.

Some people had really matured. The real world woke them up. Some had not.

The invention of Myspace and Facebook seems to have helped that. There are people I am friends with on FB that tormented me in school, who even though they never really said 'sorry', I have forgiven and chat with periodically because I see them as having matured, and have turned into a really nice person.

One of my FB friends is an ex boyfriend (HS I graduated from) with whom my break-up was a HUGE drama that had the whole HS marching band talking all that summer... We ran into each other at the 10 yr reunion (weren't FB friends before that) that we got chatting and he introduced me to his wife, etc. I don't know how much he really remembers but I remember plenty. I just didn't say much because I didn't want to start crap and make his wife uncomfortable. I did take a bit of joy in seeing he had gained about 100 lbs in the last 10 years...

We connected on FB and turns out we have plenty in common and have established a decent friendship. We felt the past is the past and no need to rehash old HS drama.

However there are other people that are always being suggested by FB to be friends with that I have ZERO desire to ever talk to again. EVER. I am not one who wishes ill upon people and yes, if one of these people were to announce they were dying of some disease or virus, I would probably think "Karma", then pray they find peace before death and move on. I would hope that if they do recall their errors in treatment of others before that, they do seek them out to at least apologize.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Dude, $300 bucks, are you kidding? Back then my hourly wage was $3.75. Now it's $100. That's the inflation factor, then add interest, 10% for 36 years. It's a chunk of change... Sure I realized it should be more but thought a dying man wouldn't be able to fork over such a huge some. However the amount is for you to decide. I've settled on 850 bucks for my 150 bucks he owes me. Should I ever come face to face with him it'll be demanded ,after that the outcome would be in accordance to if he was nice and tried to pay up.

glockmail
07-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Sure I realized it should be more but thought a dying man wouldn't be able to fork over such a huge some. However the amount is for you to decide. I've settled on 850 bucks for my 150 bucks he owes me. Should I ever come face to face with him it'll be demanded ,after that the outcome would be in accordance to if he was nice and tried to pay up. Why not? He took it from me. You mean he didn't wisely invest the money to earn that inteest? Poor planning on his part, which followed poor judgement on his part. That's his problem, not mine.

By the way I've had other who ripped me off die prematurely. "Jack" was in his 70's, and ripped me off in a business deal. How's hell, Jack? :laugh:

glockmail
07-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Jack is, er, was well know in these parts and his premature death was published in our local paper. So I heard the news that he croaked and had time to file the appropriate liens on his estate and get my finger in probate. But why do him the favor and try to right his wrong? Take personal responsibility, Jack. Hell, you earned it. :laugh:

Kathianne
07-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Jack is, er, was well know in these parts and his premature death was published in our local paper. So I heard the news that he croaked and had time to file the appropriate liens on his estate and get my finger in probate. But why do him the favor and try to right his wrong? Take personal responsibility, Jack. Hell, you earned it. :laugh:

Granted you are posting on messageboards, trying to garner attention with posts. We get that. Still and all, seems that regarding RL, you are spending way more time on folks that likely don't remember you, than would be considered healthy for yourself.

It's your life and you can put all the junk in it you want.

Still and all, considering you are making $100 an hour, have a hot wife, spend vacations beating your 20 year old kids in skiing and other activities, one would think you like way too full for retribution.

gabosaurus
07-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Still and all, considering you are making $100 an hour, have a hot wife, spend vacations beating your 20 year old kids in skiing and other activities, one would think you like way too full for retribution.

Sorry Glock, you are nailed on this one. :poke:

I don't hold grudges against anyone who has wronged me in the past. I was deeply impressed when I first started working in my current job when talking to a co-worker who suffered a large financial loss when a family member cheated her. She was remarkably calm about it, telling me "few are judged now, all are judged later."

Then there is my sister. She had a fairly bitter breakup with last guy she dated before she got married. A couple of years ago, my sister got a message from the guy's sister in Chicago saying he had been in a serious car wreck and did she want to contact him. My sister replied "I don't really give a ****"

glockmail
07-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Granted you are posting on messageboards, trying to garner attention with posts. We get that. Still and all, seems that regarding RL, you are spending way more time on folks that likely don't remember you, than would be considered healthy for yourself.

It's your life and you can put all the junk in it you want.

Still and all, considering you are making $100 an hour, have a hot wife, spend vacations beating your 20 year old kids in skiing and other activities, one would think you like way too full for retribution.Just to set the record straight:

That's my billing rate, which is fairly common. Low, actually (I need to raise it). With the overhead it's not what I "make". Although I have several investments that have put me in a comfortable position.
My wife is looking great for her age. I think she's hot. I wouldn't describe her as a starlet. Well, maybe back when she was younger. She still has great legs.
Our 21 year old son kicks my ass skiing. He's also way smarter than I ever was. Gets it from his two grandfathers. My dad was a rocket scientist before the phrase became cliche, then an electrical engineer, and her's was a research chemical engineer.
Our 18 year old daughter ran the 1/4 mile only 3 seconds slower than I did when I was in high school, so I consider that kicking my ass. She's a good skier but not "into it", so I kick her ass there.

Yeah, its possible that these douches, Jay and Jack, don't and didn't remember me, but who cares? I remember. I don't forget being robbed or ripped off in a business deal. If these douches don't remember committing crimes and stealing, then that just proves what douches they are.

Got a few others I'm waiting to die: Virgil (you know him), "Frank" the used car dealer, the Indian guy who owns a Bo-jangles....

:laugh:

glockmail
07-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Sorry Glock, you are nailed on this one. :poke:

I don't hold grudges against anyone who has wronged me in the past. I was deeply impressed when I first started working in my current job when talking to a co-worker who suffered a large financial loss when a family member cheated her. She was remarkably calm about it, telling me "few are judged now, all are judged later."

Then there is my sister. She had a fairly bitter breakup with last guy she dated before she got married. A couple of years ago, my sister got a message from the guy's sister in Chicago saying he had been in a serious car wreck and did she want to contact him. My sister replied "I don't really give a ****"

It seems to me that you are judging me douche while giving your co-worker and sister a pass for doing the same thing...

Jeff
07-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Just to set the record straight:

That's my billing rate, which is fairly common. Low, actually (I need to raise it). With the overhead it's not what I "make". Although I have several investments that have put me in a comfortable position.
My wife is looking great for her age. I think she's hot. I wouldn't describe her as a starlet. Well, maybe back when she was younger. She still has great legs.
Our 21 year old son kicks my ass skiing. He's also way smarter than I ever was. Gets it from his two grandfathers. My dad was a rocket scientist before the phrase became cliche, then an electrical engineer, and her's was a research chemical engineer.
Our 18 year old daughter ran the 1/4 mile only 3 seconds slower than I did when I was in high school, so I consider that kicking my ass. She's a good skier but not "into it", so I kick her ass there.

Yeah, its possible that these douches, Jay and Jack, don't and didn't remember me, but who cares? I remember. I don't forget being robbed or ripped off in a business deal. If these douches don't remember committing crimes and stealing, then that just proves what douches they are.

Got a few others I'm waiting to die: Virgil (you know him), "Frank" the used car dealer, the Indian guy who owns a Bo-jangles....

:laugh:
Glock thats the American dream ( or mine anyway ) to be able to say your kids are or will do so much better than we are doing, honestly for all its worth I personally thought celebrating ones agonizing battle with cancer where the outcome is the loss of his life was tacky at best ( bet hell that's me and God gave us all brains to think like we want ) but to see you beaming when describing your kids ( and yes the smile on your face was felt through the page) was fantastic , hell ya made me proud of the kids !

Kathianne
07-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Glock thats the American dream ( or mine anyway ) to be able to say your kids are or will do so much better than we are doing, honestly for all its worth I personally thought celebrating ones agonizing battle with cancer where the outcome is the loss of his life was tacky at best ( bet hell that's me and God gave us all brains to think like we want ) but to see you beaming when describing your kids ( and yes the smile on your face was felt through the page) was fantastic , hell ya made me proud of the kids !

Yeah, he's always been proud of his family, to me that's what counts. That's where it seems worth putting attention, he does. Just wondering why anyone would let those that aren't worth thinking about, keep going in one's head?

glockmail
07-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I think it's important to remember who the douches are in your life, and keep track of the fuckers so I can keep them from doing the same thing. I've had clients who ripped me off in the past come back to me and ask me to work for them again:
1. "Smith" owed me about $400, and had apparently forgot that he ripped me off. When he called me up about this new project I listened patiently, then gave him a price, and then told him that before I would start I'd need the $400, plus interest paid up front, and then the money for the new job paid up front as well. He hung up on me.
2. I had been doing over $100k/ year with "Dave's" company and their employee, "Al" my primary contact, was found to be stealing from them so Dave fired everyone involved with Al, including a consultant, little old me. This left me on the hook for $50k, so I met with Dave, and he acknowledged my work on all but one large project, and cut me a check for $30k, leaving me on the hook for the remainder. As soon as the check cleared I hired an attorney, who threatened suit against Dave, and when Dave realized I was as serious as, well, cancer :laugh:, he wrote me a check for the remainder. Two years later Dave calls wanting to renew our business relationship and start on a new project and I reminded him of our past history, but was willing to give it a go, but he had to pay me in advance and I would work on a retainer basis. He agreed and we completed two small projects together.
3. "Michael" was along term client and I thought, a friend. We had many social events together, holiday parties, visiting each other's vacation homes, including my kids' piano recitals and his mother's funeral. He had a client from India hire me for a project. India had me on the hook for $10,000, and claimed I made a mistake on my plans that cost him that much, so refused to pay me. He had reviewed my plans three times, making extensive changes and comments; it wasn't a mistake on my part but a change in the architect's plans that that were solely his responsibility to coordinate. To avoid having India take the money from Michael, he put the blame on me and severed our personal relationship. Three years later Michael's business partner (formerly Al's business partner) called me. Michael's brother had a 'million dollar' idea and "I was the only one with the talent to help him get it to market". I met with the three of them, we discussed the ideas at length, and they asked for a proposal from me. I took Michael aside and told him that wasn't going to happen until we resolved "the other issue" first. He didn't say a word, but he knew exactly what I was talking about. His brother emailed me several times over several months about the project and I pretty much ignored him, and Michael has never contacted me since.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-26-2013, 07:27 PM
I think it's important to remember who the douches are in your life, and keep track of the fuckers so I can keep them from doing the same thing. I've had clients who ripped me off in the past come back to me and ask me to work for them again:
1. "Smith" owed me about $400, and had apparently forgot that he ripped me off. When he called me up about this new project I listened patiently, then gave him a price, and then told him that before I would start I'd need the $400, plus interest paid up front, and then the money for the new job paid up front as well. He hung up on me.
2. I had been doing over $100k/ year with "Dave's" company and their employee, "Al" my primary contact, was found to be stealing from them so Dave fired everyone involved with Al, including a consultant, little old me. This left me on the hook for $50k, so I met with Dave, and he acknowledged my work on all but one large project, and cut me a check for $30k, leaving me on the hook for the remainder. As soon as the check cleared I hired an attorney, who threatened suit against Dave, and when Dave realized I was as serious as, well, cancer :laugh:, he wrote me a check for the remainder. Two years later Dave calls wanting to renew our business relationship and start on a new project and I reminded him of our past history, but was willing to give it a go, but he had to pay me in advance and I would work on a retainer basis. He agreed and we completed two small projects together.
3. "Michael" was along term client and I thought, a friend. We had many social events together, holiday parties, visiting each other's vacation homes, including my kids' piano recitals and his mother's funeral. He had a client from India hire me for a project. India had me on the hook for $10,000, and claimed I made a mistake on my plans that cost him that much, so refused to pay me. He had reviewed my plans three times, making extensive changes and comments; it wasn't a mistake on my part but a change in the architect's plans that that were solely his responsibility to coordinate. To avoid having India take the money from Michael, he put the blame on me and severed our personal relationship. Three years later Michael's business partner (formerly Al's business partner) called me. Michael's brother had a 'million dollar' idea and "I was the only one with the talent to help him get it to market". I met with the three of them, we discussed the ideas at length, and they asked for a proposal from me. I took Michael aside and told him that wasn't going to happen until we resolved "the other issue" first. He didn't say a word, but he knew exactly what I was talking about. His brother emailed me several times over several months about the project and I pretty much ignored him, and Michael has never contacted me since. Glock, I do not blame you one little bit . I make it a point to remember who cheated me out of money and never do business with them again other than collecting the money owed to me. Its just good business practice and a point of honor too. I go with the old saying,, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" ! -Tyr

glockmail
07-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Per usual, Gabs throws a bomb, it's a dud, then she runs away. :laugh:

glockmail
10-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Where is Gabs now on this thread, now that her daughter is getting bullied? :laugh:

As an update, Jay kicked the bucket about a month ago.

This moring I got a facebook message from a gal I went to HS with who I don't remeber and who has never contacted me before. She's running the Boston Marathon or something and wants some money to support cancer awareness or something, and mentioned "Jay's terrible passing".

All I can say is, how's the temperature down there, Jay? :laugh:

aboutime
10-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Where is Gabs now on this thread, now that her daughter is getting bullied? :laugh:

This moring I got a facebook message from a gal I went to HS with who I don't remeber and who has never contacted me before. She's running the Boston Marathon or something and wants some money to support cancer awareness or something, and mentioned "Jay's terrible passing".

glock. Reminds all of us about that expression: "What goes around, comes around!"

Asking Jay about the temperature down there is only part of it. They have no way of telling, and nobody ever says "No Sweat!"

Abbey Marie
10-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah, he's always been proud of his family, to me that's what counts. That's where it seems worth putting attention, he does. Just wondering why anyone would let those that aren't worth thinking about, keep going in one's head?

It's better to give them the mental burial they deserve. But it's those unresolved issues of the feeling you were bested that keep the memories going in one's head.

glockmail
10-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Bullied is not bested.

The best revenge is not only to live well, but long. :laugh:

aboutime
10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Bullied is not bested.

EXACTLY glock! Which is why I take such great pride, and get so much happiness from waking up every morning. Knowing I will live another day to be a THORN in the sides of those who have expressed so much HATRED for me, and for HONEST TRUTH.

The longer I am alive. The longer I can PISS THEM OFF.

LIFE IS GOOD!

gabosaurus
10-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Bullied is not bested.

I forgave the girl who bullied me in high school several years ago. I think it totally confused her. :laugh:

aboutime
10-22-2013, 07:08 PM
I forgave the girl who bullied me in high school several years ago. I think it totally confused her. :laugh:

So, how long were you married to her gabby?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-22-2013, 10:18 PM
I forgave the girl who bullied me in high school several years ago. I think it totally confused her. :laugh: Forgiveness is a generous act that often rewards the giver even more than the receiver. I long ago forgave my first wife for all that she did to me. Now the second one did harm to my daughter that biatchhhh gets no forgiveness!! She is lucky I am not a lawbreaker and that I depend on her getting hers someday by some other person or judgment. That 'ole wheel of justice may grind ever so slow but it also grinds ever so exceedingly fine as well. Tyr

glockmail
10-23-2013, 10:47 AM
This dude stole money from me when he had lots and I didn't. Based on where he lived when he died though the tables are turned. Poor bastard. :laugh:

gabosaurus
10-23-2013, 01:05 PM
This dude stole money from me when he had lots and I didn't. Based on where he lived when he died though the tables are turned. Poor bastard. :laugh:

Karma is a bitch. :beer:

Gaffer
10-27-2013, 09:57 AM
I remember one guy that bullied me along with two of his buddies. They were all three bigger than me and use to try to push me around on the way home from school. I started taking a different route home after that and didn't see them any more. I ran into him in jungle training at Ft. Polk. It turns out he was in my platoon there. He was being picked on by some of the other guys there and seeing my familiar face thought I'd sympathized. I just said good luck and went my way. I don't know what ever became of him other than like me he was on his way to Vietnam.

Yep what goes around....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2013, 10:33 AM
I remember one guy that bullied me along with two of his buddies. They were all three bigger than me and use to try to push me around on the way home from school. I started taking a different route home after that and didn't see them any more. I ran into him in jungle training at Ft. Polk. It turns out he was in my platoon there. He was being picked on by some of the other guys there and seeing my familiar face thought I'd sympathized. I just said good luck and went my way. I don't know what ever became of him other than like me he was on his way to Vietnam.

Yep what goes around.... I've never met a bully yet that wasn't a graven coward at heart. My guess is he didn't fair well in Vietnam and likely had a nervous breakdown there. My good friend said he saw several guys there that had breakdowns and came away totally FULAL.. (F'ed Up Like A Loon).. --Tyr

aboutime
10-27-2013, 02:15 PM
I've never met a bully yet that wasn't a graven coward at heart. My guess is he didn't fair well in Vietnam and likely had a nervous breakdown there. My good friend said he saw several guys there that had breakdowns and came away totally FULAL.. (F'ed Up Like A Loon).. --Tyr

Tyr. Can't forget FUBAR at work as well. And a favorite military expression used often, before females began to be included in everything military was 'BROKE-DICK".
There are many, many more. Not suitable for here.

glockmail
02-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Just had to re-read this epic thread. Good times.

Another bully that I had much later in life, about ten years ago in fact, was a young kid in the 'hood here that vandalized my property. He also bullied some of my other neighbors, drive like an insane ass through the 'hood, and the judge down the street had the Sheriff tag him enough times that he lost the ability to insure his fast car. Dumbass died several years ago in an industrial accident, couldn't drive a forklift well either.

glockmail
02-25-2016, 01:23 PM
One of my first bullies was in 3rd grade. He was in 5th, and twice my size. For some unknown reason I pissed him off so he followed me home from school to beat me up. Once we got out of sight of the crossing guard the chase was on. Being fast and in good shape I kept ahead of him easily. So easily in fact that I slowed down to let him catch up.

I did this several times to frustrate the asshole as I planned my win. Spring had the grass slick and the thorn bushes bare, so I ran right towards the nastiest bush I knew of with him a half-step behind me, then turned at the last second. Bully went head first right into it. I circled around, taunting him, but he was done. :laugh:

aboutime
02-25-2016, 01:31 PM
One of my first bullies was in 3rd grade. He was in 5th, and twice my size. For some unknown reason I pissed him off so he followed me home from school to beat me up. Once we got out of sight of the crossing guard the chase was on. Being fast and in good shape I kept ahead of him easily. So easily in fact that I slowed down to let him catch up.

I did this several times to frustrate the asshole as I planned my win. Spring had the grass slick and the thorn bushes bare, so I ran right towards the nastiest bush I knew of with him a half-step behind me, then turned at the last second. Bully went head first right into it. I circled around, taunting him, but he was done. :laugh:

Reminds me of: "RUN FORREST, RUN!"

glockmail
02-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Reminds me of: "RUN FORREST, RUN!" Kinda like that, except every one who knew me knew I was a fast little bastard at that age. I was 1st or 2nd in every running event in gym class. Back then they had kids actually compete against each other. I could do chin-ups forever, beating the school record by two. The "distance" race at the time was the 600 year dash, and most of the kids treated it like a 5k run. I sprinted the whole way, the second place behind me about 100 yards behind.

Gunny
02-25-2016, 01:37 PM

Try some forgiveness. My worst enemy doesn't deserve cancer. It's an ugly way to die.

I AM curious though. Do you think he even remembers who you are? You've hated him all these years and he might not even remember you as more than an afterthought. A guy I once couldn't stand being in the same hemisphere walked up to me years later and said remember me? No. Should I? He acted like we were long lost buds. You never know what someone else is thinking.

Gunny
02-25-2016, 01:39 PM

Never mind.:laugh:

Are you sure you aren't my little brother?

glockmail
02-25-2016, 01:46 PM
I had a non-physical bully in college, and by that I mean that he was smaller than me. I had a single room in the dorm, top floor, and his room was directly under me. Kid had a super loud stereo and played it well into the wee hours. I called him up and asked him to turn it down. He told me to fuck off.

Dude worked for the radio station and had access to the roof, and had an antenna up there with a cable out his window, passing by mine on the way to the antenna. After the phone call I yanked the cable down, ripping it from the antenna. This caused him to turn the volume down.

Next day he restored the connection and blasted the stereo up, so about 11pm I called him again and asked him to turn it down. He asked me why I ripped his cable down and I explained why. I then asked him what would happen if I plugged the bare end of the cable into the 120v outlet.

Problem solved. :laugh:

glockmail
02-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Try some forgiveness. My worst enemy doesn't deserve cancer. It's an ugly way to die.

I AM curious though. Do you think he even remembers who you are? You've hated him all these years and he might not even remember you as more than an afterthought. A guy I once couldn't stand being in the same hemisphere walked up to me years later and said remember me? No. Should I? He acted like we were long lost buds. You never know what someone else is thinking.

As I said earlier Gunny, forgiveness from me require repentance from them. Maybe it's a Southern thing.

glockmail
02-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Never mind.:laugh:

Are you sure you aren't my little brother? :laugh:

"Little" brothers are typically younger, which I ain't.

glockmail
02-25-2016, 02:01 PM
I had a roommate in college that insisted on sleeping with his girl in the same room. Sorry, but that was not cool with me for so many ways and I told him exactly that. His response was to get his frat buddies to bully me. Three of them came into my room one evening and, suffice it to say, they didn't get the reaction from me that they were expecting and were forced to leave.

One of the bullies resented that, apparently, so would call me at odd hours and threaten me. My response was always the same: 'time and place'. This went on for a week or more, at random times.

The next time I went home to visit I took my brother's old frat paddle with me and hung it up on my wall in the dorm. It turns out that it was from the same frat that my asshole roommate was pledging to.

When my phone bully called again he was angry and accused me of stealing the paddle from his frat somehow. I told him to hang up, go down to the den of his frat house and make a careful inspection of the alumni plaque there, then once he found my last name to call me back. He did, apologizing profusely.... :laugh::laugh: