nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Story Highlights
• NEW: Paris Hilton under house arrest, will wear ankle bracelet
• NEW: "Medical considerations" led to new arrangement
• Hilton served five days in jail, according to spokesman
• "Celebutante" was convicted of violating probation

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/07/paris.hilton/index.html

WTF? They have medical treatment and doctors in jail. This is just going to continue to show her that she can get away with anything. If anything she should have been treated and thrown back in.

krisy
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
They have done something really wrong here....medical reasons my but.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 12:42 PM
The DA that went for this should be flooded with outrage emails and letters.

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I was hoping the spoiled little bitch would get her ass kicked a couple of times in the can.

She got out, obviously, because mommy and daddy paid someone enormous sums of money to pull some strings. The reason she got out was that she was "sick" because she wouldn't eat the prison food.

Excuse me....wouldn't eat the prison food?

We really do have two Americas....one for the rich, and one for the rest of us.

-Cp
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

Mr. P
06-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

That's the only thing I've ever heard him say that I agree with..
Next up...Jesse.

krisy
06-07-2007, 12:54 PM
The more I think about this,the more outragous it seems. If they let her out because she won't eat,doesn't this mean anyone's lawyer can now argue that their client won't eat and needs to go home and be put on house arrest?

She broke the law twice,one of them being the dangerous drunk driving charge. She will learn nothing from all this,now.

krisy
06-07-2007, 12:59 PM
That's the only thing I've ever heard him say that I agree with..
Next up...Jesse.

Same here

06-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I was hoping the spoiled little bitch would get her ass kicked a couple of times in the can.

She got out, obviously, because mommy and daddy paid someone enormous sums of money to pull some strings. The reason she got out was that she was "sick" because she wouldn't eat the prison food.

Excuse me....wouldn't eat the prison food?

We really do have two Americas....one for the rich, and one for the rest of us.

I agree.. I mean she wouldnt eat food period normally. I mean wow she isnt eating! That is so shocking...

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I just read the Hilton kid was let out because she was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Welcome to the real world, kid, where your actions have consequences.

Except in your case, it's a different world than the rest of us experience. We don't have rich daddies and mommies to buy us out of trouble.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I just read the Hilton kid was let out because she was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Welcome to the real world, kid, where your actions have consequences.

Except in your case, it's a different world than the rest of us experience. We don't have rich daddies and mommies to buy us out of trouble.

This will kill her career IMO. If she would have taken it like an adult and stood on her own two feet and handled it like an adult and not a baby I would have all the respect in the world for her.

06-07-2007, 01:14 PM
This will kill her career IMO. If she would have taken it like an adult and stood on her own two feet and handled it like an adult and not a baby I would have all the respect in the world for her.

no it wont. It will make her even more of a spectacle. That is her career.. She will be back stronger and more psycho then ever.

GW in Ohio
06-07-2007, 01:17 PM

nevadamedic: There is nothing Paris Hilton could do that would cause me to have respect for her. She is a spoiled, narcissistic, hedonistic little rich brat.

She can do the crime but she can't do the time.

dan
06-07-2007, 01:21 PM

Unfortunately, I'm already seeing teenage girls rejoicing because they let her out. Her "career" (what has she done that she's been successful at other than being drunk in public and showing her cooch to the world?) is far from over.

This makes me sick. GW's got it right, if you've got money in this country, you're above the law.

Doniston
06-07-2007, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=GW in Ohio;73399]I just read the Hilton kid was let out because she was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

QUOTE] Yah, she was crying her eyes out and the Guards couldn't take it any more No "THAT'S "my kind of Jail ---- "NOT"

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 01:22 PM
nevadamedic: There is nothing Paris Hilton could do that would cause me to have respect for her. She is a spoiled, narcissistic, hedonistic little rich brat.

She can do the crime but she can't do the time.

Yea but you would have to have a little respect for her if she stood on her own two feet and took the punishment.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Im interested in seing what Pales take on this situation is, he usually has good comments and ideas :cheers2:

Gaffer
06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
She got out purely because of money. She had a private doctor looking after her and was probably eating catered food from outside. That's how the rich ones get treated when they have the connections. The rich ones that are not famous never even go to jail unless its a serious charge. Strings were pulled and people paid off to get her out. I've seen it happen in the local country jail.

sharpton is only half right. There's an economic double standard that has nothing to do with color.

The bimbo will now stay home and party every night.

Pale Rider
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
They should have thrown her in a mental hospital then under armed gaurd until she was well enough to go back in the cell and finish her time. That's the way they do it with everybody else.

I hope there's such an uproar about this that she does have to go back. Now I hate the little skank even more, and her family.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
She got out purely because of money. She had a private doctor looking after her and was probably eating catered food from outside. That's how the rich ones get treated when they have the connections. The rich ones that are not famous never even go to jail unless its a serious charge. Strings were pulled and people paid off to get her out. I've seen it happen in the local country jail.

sharpton is only half right. There's an economic double standard that has nothing to do with color.

The bimbo will now stay home and party every night.

No shit, she will probably have dj's and a damn club set up in her house.

Gaffer
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
No shit, she will probably have dj's and a damn club set up in her house.

I understand her house has a striper pole already.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
They should have thrown her in a mental hospital then under armed gaurd until she was well enough to go back in the cell and finish her time. That's the way they do it with everybody else.

I hope there's such an uproar about this that she does have to go back. Now I hate the little skank even more, and her family.

We all know that wont happen though :(

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I understand her house has a striper pole already.

I would hate to see her strip, her bones popping out of her anorexic body. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Well, she did spend more time in jail than OJ.

What a farce this turned into! All the other prisoners in that jail should fake mental breakdowns.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, she did spend more time in jail than OJ.

What a farce this turned into! All the other prisoners in that jail should fake mental breakdowns.

I think the breakdown cam from not having any camera's to stand in front of.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 04:54 PM
They could have done a Simple Life jail series :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I think the breakdown cam from not having any camera's to stand in front of.

Or perhaps from not wearing her hair extensions.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Or perhaps from not wearing her hair extensions.

I wonder what going to happen when she violates the terms of her house arrest? Is she going to complain that shes having emotional problems from being stuck in her small house?

Gaffer
06-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Apparently the prosecutors office is really pissed over this. The judge specifically ordered that she not do home arrest and serve the time she was suppose too. Sparks are flying in LA county right now.

But I bet the sheriff there got a nice fat donation to his election fund.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Apparently the prosecutors office is really pissed over this. The judge specifically ordered that she not do home arrest and serve the time she was suppose too. Sparks are flying in LA county right now.

But I bet the sheriff there got a nice fat donation to his election fund.

I hope it goes before the supreme court, one judge cant overrule another judge unless he is higher up.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
People on house arrest should have to serve a longer time then someone in jail.

krisy
06-07-2007, 07:43 PM
I didn't think a sheriff had the power to release someone without a court order from a judge. Is that possible?

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 07:51 PM
I didn't think a sheriff had the power to release someone without a court order from a judge. Is that possible?

certain circumstances but in this case a judge went along with it.

manu1959
06-07-2007, 08:41 PM
she drove on a suspended license....come on folks....solitary confinement is not an appropriate punnishment......

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 08:48 PM
she drove on a suspended license....come on folks....solitary confinement is not an appropriate punnishment......

She violated a court order PERIOD. Our laws are there for a reason. She broke her probation several times and the system got tired of it.

manu1959
06-07-2007, 08:54 PM
She violated a court order PERIOD. Our laws are there for a reason. She broke her probation several times and the system got tired of it.

explain Michelle Rodriguez and Tom Sizemore and countless other hollywood stars that don't do time

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 08:56 PM
explain Michelle Rodriguez and Tom Sizemore and countless other hollywood stars that don't do time

They did..........

manu1959
06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
They did..........

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279084,00.html

1 day.....

Yurt
06-07-2007, 09:12 PM

Agreed. People have done worse and got far less.

It is my understanding the sheriff does have authority on release in certain situations, like when sheriff's release inmates for budget constraints.... In this case, she will never forget those hours, and why waste $$ to keep her in there?

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 09:23 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279084,00.html

1 day.....

They should have done more time, the justice system was created for everyone.

manu1959
06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
They should have done more time, the justice system was created for everyone.

it was....and those that can afford justice get what they pay for....

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 09:54 PM
it was....and those that can afford justice get what they pay for....

Like the great Johnny Cochran said "We Don't Talk We Walk". Makes no sense in this case, but shows the mentality of the high and mighty.

Yurt
06-07-2007, 10:27 PM
She would have gotten out early if she was plain Jane," said Leonard Levine, who has handled numerous probation violation cases. He noted that overcrowding in the Los Angeles County jail system has led to thousands of nonviolent offenders serving only 10 percent of their sentences. "She did as much time as a normal person would have done."

Loyola University law professor Laurie Levenson said that she suspected the deal for Hilton's early release was in the works even before she entered the jail system — and that officials probably were anxious to get her out of their custody.

"The time and resources needed to take care of a Paris Hilton are huge," she said. "They have to make sure she is safe and her medical needs are attended to. Everything they did was going to be looked at under a microscope."

Levine said that with rewards being offered for pictures of Hilton in custody, jail officials would have had to monitor the cell phone cameras of every employee.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_en_ce/paris_hilton

manu1959
06-07-2007, 10:29 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_en_ce/paris_hilton

done with the pics huh?

Yurt
06-07-2007, 11:06 PM
done with the pics huh?

what pics?

:scared:

:wank2:

:coffee:

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I've been busted for driving without a D.L. twice, long ago. The first time I did fifteen days in jail. The second I did thirty. This was WITHOUT a D.U.I.. I think she should have sat. She's getting preferential treatment influenced by money and fame. It's a travesty to our legal system.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 12:32 AM
I've been busted for driving without a D.L. twice, long ago. The first time I did fifteen days in jail. The second I did thirty. This was WITHOUT a D.U.I.. I think she should have sat. She's getting preferential treatment influenced by money and fame. It's a travesty to our legal system.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

Wow, your a dangerous criminal. :laugh2:

LuvRPgrl
06-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Paris Who???? :yawn>>>>> Who Cares????

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Paris Who???? :yawn>>>>> Who Cares????

Obviously you care if your posting on this thread.