PDA

View Full Version : The history of "Stand your Ground" in America

Little-Acorn
07-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Here's a monument that describes one of the first times "Stand your ground" was uttered to some people who were threatened.

http://govnoblog.biz/files/image/image078_1.jpg

That monument stands on the common green in Lexington, Mass. today. I saw it there when on vacation in the area last year. The command was given by the leader of the American Minutemen on Lexington Green as the British redcoats approached, sent by their King to take away American guns and military supplies stored in the town. The date was April 19, 1775.

Now we have people who are telling us that "Stand your Ground" must be used 100% perfectly, with no mistakes, no emotional outbursts, no problems at all. Otherwise it must be denied, repealed, forbidden, destroyed.

What do you think?

CSM
07-22-2013, 06:20 AM
I think that there are a lot of folks around these days who have forgotten (or never learned) that freedom isn't free, that submitting to tyranny may seem a simple solution at first but ALWAYS ends badly for the individual, that anyone intent on violent acts against you are SELDOM deterred by soft words, and that it takes a great deal of courage to stand up for true moral principles (not some made up liberal bullshit). Tolerance of others does not mean submission to those who intend physical harm to you, your property or your neighbors. I think that EVERY individual has the RIGHT to protect themselves and others (if they can) when threatened as long as they are true DEFENDERS and not ATTACKERS.

Larrymc
07-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Here's a monument that describes one of the first times "Stand your ground" was uttered to some people who were threatened.

http://govnoblog.biz/files/image/image078_1.jpg

That monument stands on the common green in Lexington, Mass. today. I saw it there when on vacation in the area last year. The command was given by the leader of the American Minutemen on Lexington Green as the British redcoats approached, sent by their King to take away American guns and military supplies stored in the town. The date was April 19, 1775.

Now we have people who are telling us that "Stand your Ground" must be used 100% perfectly, with no mistakes, no emotional outbursts, no problems at all. Otherwise it must be denied, repealed, forbidden, destroyed.

What do you think?Stand your ground is needed, Years back i remember a saying that was going around, If you shoot a burglar he better fall inside, or your going to jail, The Zimmerman case would have been cut and Dried Murder, simply because Trayvon was unarmed, if you were being attacked by an unarmed person you couldn't use deadly force, but with a little common sense people realized that you don't need a weapon to kill someone. Are you can make a weapon out of anything like a cement sidewalk.