PDA

View Full Version : My first kiss

jimnyc
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM
I feel so horrible right now. The girl I had my first kiss with, Denise, her daughter just passed away. She was 12 years old and just got finished running with her soccer team and her heart stopped. They were unable to revive her. I couldn't even begin to understand or imagine how one would feel. :(

Thunderknuckles
07-25-2013, 01:31 PM
I feel so horrible right now. The girl I had my first kiss with, Denise, her daughter just passed away. She was 12 years old and just got finished running with her soccer team and her heart stopped. They were unable to revive her. I couldn't even begin to understand or imagine how one would feel. :(
Oh my god. My heart aches for her. I just said a small prayer for her.

I think you just brought down the entire community here Jim...

jimnyc
07-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Part of me feels like I should go to the wake and offer my condolences, but I haven't seen her since shortly after HS, other than FB of course. I wouldn't even know what to say. I'm sure she is inconsolable right now. I believe she has 2 other boys as well. I'm absolutely heartbroken, and it wasn't my child and I haven't seen her in so, so long. Denise was the sweetest person in HS and was always smiling and laughing. The thought of seeing someone who just lost a child is horrifying. I think I'm going to try and find out what funeral home the services will be at and send a mass card.

fj1200
07-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Unimaginable. I'd bet a card or donation in her daughter's name would say it all.

Marcus Aurelius
07-25-2013, 01:43 PM
No parent should have to outlive their child.

Abbey Marie
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Part of me feels like I should go to the wake and offer my condolences, but I haven't seen her since shortly after HS, other than FB of course. I wouldn't even know what to say. I'm sure she is inconsolable right now. I believe she has 2 other boys as well. I'm absolutely heartbroken, and it wasn't my child and I haven't seen her in so, so long. Denise was the sweetest person in HS and was always smiling and laughing. The thought of seeing someone who just lost a child is horrifying. I think I'm going to try and find out what funeral home the services will be at and send a mass card.

How unimaginably horrible. I'm sure your taking time out to go would mean a lot to her.

jimnyc
07-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Apparently the services will be held in a church tomorrow and then the funeral on Saturday. While the distance and tolls are nothing in order to pay respects to an old friend, I'm just wondering how out of place I would feel. And no way now how I go anywhere near the casket of a child. I wish I had an old friend around to go with me.

Kathianne
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
I can't imagine such a thing, those poor parents and siblings.

The purpose for most wakes is to comfort the family and for them to have a process to begin 'moving on.' We're all part of each others present, many are also parts of the past. The only thing to be said is, "I'm so very sorry." In this particular case, "I've thought so often of the good memories I have of you from years ago, I had to express my condolences." That's it. Leave the mass card after saying a prayer or two.

Sending a card is certainly thoughtful, certain to be appreciated. However, if able showing up for just a few minutes can help someone feel that they will go on, even people they haven't had contact with in years think they have been worthy of such consideration-that many people care.

There are certain to be so many young people there having a hard time. I've only attended one wake for someone young, 18, who died of 'natural causes.' It was very difficult.