PDA

View Full Version : Obama syas Ho Chi Minh was inspired by Founding Fathers

Marcus Aurelius
07-26-2013, 12:28 PM
That's right. Obama says the man responsible for the deaths of over 60,000 US soldiers and well over half a million of his own people, was inspired by the Declaration of independence, the Constitution, and Thomas Jefferson.

“...we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson.”

-- President Obama talking to reporters alongside Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang.

Obama may have just been trying to flatter his guest who was obviously eager to show that Ho was not the monster history shows him to be. But his connection between the American founders and Ho shows either a massive lack of historical knowledge on the part of the president or a remarkable degree of moral flexibility.

While the president and his team will no doubt dismiss any mention of this as “phony,” this, which as either a gaffe or facile flattery, will not be so easily waved off. The memories and frustrations of America’s Vietnam veterans remain strong forces even today.

I can't even put into words how completely fucking unbelievable that statement from Obama was.

aboutime
07-26-2013, 01:43 PM
​Obama is inspired by how Garbage Disposal's, and Cesspools work.

fj1200
07-26-2013, 01:48 PM
That's right. Obama says the man responsible for the deaths of over 60,000 US soldiers and well over half a million of his own people, was inspired by the Declaration of independence, the Constitution, and Thomas Jefferson.

I can't even put into words how completely fucking unbelievable that statement from Obama was.

Can't speak to his full background but Wilson sure did sell him out.

In 1919, Woodrow Wilson arrived in France to sign the treaty ending World War I, and Ho, supposing that the President's doctrine of self-determination applied to Asia, donned a cutaway coat and tried to present Wilson with a lengthy list of French abuses in Vietnam. Rebuffed, Ho joined the newly created French Communist Party. "It was patriotism, not communism, that inspired me," he later explained.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988162,00.html#ixzz2aB8rQepE

It doesn't appear Truman was too helpful either.

Ho Chi Minh.Ho asked Truman to help the fledgling Vietnamese nation in its battle with French colonialists.
"I therefore most earnestly appeal to you personally and to the American people to interfere urgently in support of our independence and help making the negotiations more in keeping with the principles of the Atlantic and San Francisco charters," said the telegram.
The request was ignored.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/02/when-ho-chi-minh-wrote-president-truman/1#.UfLD_tI3sc0

Damn French.

Gaffer
07-27-2013, 08:44 PM
The dark one is just reciting revisionist history. After all, he, clinton, kerry, fonda, kennedy and ho were all on the same side.

aboutime
07-27-2013, 08:49 PM
The dark one is just reciting revisionist history. After all, he, clinton, kerry, fonda, kennedy and ho were all on the same side.

And, here's just a little reminder to refresh some memory for a few....53165317

Kathianne
07-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Can't speak to his full background but Wilson sure did sell him out.

It doesn't appear Truman was too helpful either.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/02/when-ho-chi-minh-wrote-president-truman/1#.UfLD_tI3sc0

Damn French.

I'm certainly not defending Ho, nor Mao. However, Wilson and later Roosevelt both chose the wrong folks to back in Asia.

Mao wanted to free his people from Japanese aggressors and Roosevelt chose Sheck and his cronies. Mao waited until after the war and the overthrow of the Japanese to follow a path different than America. Lost opportunity, IMO.