PDA

View Full Version : Why American Racism Is Impossible To Defeat

Marcus Aurelius
07-29-2013, 02:45 PM
http://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmccullough/2013/07/28/why-american-racism-is-impossible-to-defeat-n1650666/page/full

Some who see the headline to this piece will immediately assume I've taken a position in this fight. Because I merely observe what is evident, and state my observation publicly. Some whites will believe I am attacking them. Many African-Americans will believe I am championing their grievances. The truth is neither, the truth is both, and the truth will never be admitted.

For it is impossible to cure a societal sickness, when parties don't wish for it to be cured!

And while there are some pockets where racial bias presents itself in the white to black reality of our culture, the overwhelming abusers of race, the manipulators of skin color, and the purveyors of hate based on ignorance and ill will--are actually those who claim they are fighting against it.

Simply put, the Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, and Obama rhetoric--though stating it was dressed in compromise--actually was intended to incite further anger, resentment, and furtherance of the untruths told for months in the case.

Also readily evident to any who would be honest is that when there are voices who point out that current solutions being touted for suffering neighborhoods are not working, squeals of "racism", come the same grievance inciters. So when a popular commentator on the largest news network points out the inconsistency of punishing a Latin American man harshly for an accidental death, while more or less ignoring the character, grooming, and integrity of African-American men who go on killing rampages in wholly African-American controlled neighborhoods is at a minimum hypocritical.

The truth--the cold hard truth--is that this cadre of voices (Sharpton, Holder, Jackson, Obama, et al.) benefit far more by practicing racism in theory, rhetoric, and actions, than by ever seeking honest resolutions. They continue to be propped up by those who keep themselves intellectually shallow of fact. And a handful of media outlets--mostly operated by NBC--seem to pander on the issue instead of seeking intellectually rigorous, heartfelt, passionate solutions to the problems that face the nation.

See in order to end racism, you must not merely tolerate people who are different than you--but begin to truly honor, serve, and love them.
And it is the absence of honor in the character of today's "civil rights 'leaders'" that betrays their true intention: to practice racism, and to profit from it for themselves indefinitely.

cadet
07-29-2013, 02:52 PM
I stick with the "I don't care" look when confronting race.

"I'm, black." So?
"I'm asian." Why should I care?
"I'm mexican." I don't care.
"I'm white." Wee.. Good for you.
"I'm indian." Whoopty doo.
"I'm jewish" yippee... Why should I care again?

Just stick with the motto of hating everyone equally, and it's so much easier to deal with racists.

glockmail
07-29-2013, 02:58 PM
I stick with the "I don't care" look when confronting race.

"I'm, black." So?
"I'm asian." Why should I care?
"I'm mexican." I don't care.
"I'm white." Wee.. Good for you.
"I'm indian." Whoopty doo.
"I'm jewish" yippee... Why should I care again?

Just stick with the motto of hating everyone equally, and it's so much easier to deal with racists.

Sorry, that's just not good enough. You have to be "sensitive" to the sensibilities of others. :slap:

cadet
07-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Sorry, that's just not good enough. You have to be "sensitive" to the sensibilities of others. :slap:

The sensitive people can go sensitively screw themselves. :laugh:
I'll hate them equally too! :laugh2: