PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Amendment: A Free Pass to Arrest

Jeff
07-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Looks like when you carry your gun you may want to make sure your cell phone has a camera on, I think this guy has one hell of a law suite against the Temple police department, I do think the guy could of been a bit more mellow with the cop at first but once it was clear this cop was going to take his gun he had every right to argue his case and I think he will win in court

In our high tech digital age, cameras are a ubiquitous part of our daily lives, and we all have had to learn to get used to their intrusion. As a former teacher, I was daily on edge, waiting for the sneaky student with the cell phone camera looking to catch me make a mistake or embarrass myself. Police Officers are learning the same kinds of lessons from “citizen journalists” all over the country, keeping their cellphones at the ready in case something needs to be recorded.
The newly omnipresent nature of video recording technology has turned the Internet into a wellspring of “police overreach” videos. I won’t use the term “brutality” (though we have seen that as well) but “overreach” seems fair.

http://lastresistance.com/2906/the-2nd-amendment-a-free-pass-to-arrest/

Marcus Aurelius
07-31-2013, 10:33 PM
http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/05/15/judge-orders-dashcam-video-release-in-grisham-rudely-displaying-of-weapon-case/

Judge orders dashcam video release in Grisham ‘rudely displaying of weapon’ case

A visiting judge on Wednesday ordered the Bell County Attorney’s Office to release police dashcam video (http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/05/13/dashcam-video-subject-of-grisham-case-hearing/) in the case of C.J. Grisham, the Texas soldier whose March 16 arrest by Temple police spawned a viral video (http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/04/19/potential-civil-lawsuit-increases-taxpayer-interests-in-central-texas-soldiers-resisting-arrest-case/).

During the 12-minute hearing, prosecutor Mark Danford used a barely audible speaking voice in arguing to Judge Neel Richardson that although he was prepared to immediately deliver the video, the requested evidence is for the defendant and defense team’s use – not for dissemination to the press or the public.

Richardson ordered release of two police videos and the 911 recording, but warned Glass against sharing the materials with the media or posting the content on social media or other internet sites.
Speaking after the hearing to a group of about 35 supporters, Grisham termed the ruling a “functional gag order” noting the irony that such action would be taken with a Class B Misdemeanor charge.
“The judge ordered the videos not be shared with the media so in an overabundance of caution for my client, I’m not going to comment at this time,” Glass later said.

Marcus Aurelius
07-31-2013, 10:43 PM
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/06/veteran-gets-continuance-filed-in-wrongful-arrest-gun-confiscation-case/

Two weeks ago, the judge that was supposed to hear my case (http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/04/veteran-arrested-for-legally-but-rudely-displaying-rifle/), John Mischtian, recused himself suddenly and a judge from Houston was brought in. Because of this, we assumed that the timeline of our trial could potentially be moved to as early as next week. We are not ready to defend our case next week and asked for the continuance. Had Judge Mischtian not recused himself, we would have expected a case date around mid- to late-August.

The county and city of Temple is claiming that release of the footage would open up witnesses to potential intimidation. The problem is that there aren’t any witnesses. The only people on the scene when I was arrested were me, my son, and the officers. Since neither my son, my wife, nor I object to the release of the footage, the only other “witnesses” were the officers. The fact is that the county and city of Temple don’t want the dashcam footage released (http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/05/judge-release-dashcam-footage-of-army-veterans-arrest/) because it’s extremely damaging to the integrity and reputation of the department. They’ve invested themselves in blatant lies about what happened that day. TPD officers have been going around Temple defaming me and seeding potential jurors with misinformation about the case. I know this because I’ve had numerous people (including TPD officers) tell me so.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Looks like when you carry your gun you may want to make sure your cell phone has a camera on, I think this guy has one hell of a law suite against the Temple police department, I do think the guy could of been a bit more mellow with the cop at first but once it was clear this cop was going to take his gun he had every right to argue his case and I think he will win in court

In our high tech digital age, cameras are a ubiquitous part of our daily lives, and we all have had to learn to get used to their intrusion. As a former teacher, I was daily on edge, waiting for the sneaky student with the cell phone camera looking to catch me make a mistake or embarrass myself. Police Officers are learning the same kinds of lessons from “citizen journalists” all over the country, keeping their cellphones at the ready in case something needs to be recorded.
The newly omnipresent nature of video recording technology has turned the Internet into a wellspring of “police overreach” videos. I won’t use the term “brutality” (though we have seen that as well) but “overreach” seems fair.

http://lastresistance.com/2906/the-2nd-amendment-a-free-pass-to-arrest/ Guy was right , the cops were wrong, cops were arrogant and even after realizing they were wrong the refused to apologize and let the man go. On a personal note I seen worse treatment and been the victim of worse treatment by cops myself before. Most often cops walk around with this attitude--We are above the law. Which is simply not true and if anything they are to be held to an even higher standard! And quite often cops do not even know the law!! Now had that man been by himself he may have been gunned down and the cop would have then said he made a move for his weapon! This is why we citizens should stand up against this crap because its been going on for many decades and only getting worse! My nephew Michael left the police force because of it. He quit voluntarily so there is no beef or retaliation in what he tells about it all. And he can tell you of seeing worse than what was done in that video. He was told by a supervisor to shut up once and if he couldn't back the other officer's story just say nothing at all. After that he decided to leave the force and did so some months later. Folks, there are good cops but by God there are a damn lot of bad ones being protected too. I know this for a fact.. I've been around a lot of bad people in my life and I know a bad cop when I see one. I've seen cops that were by any measure far worse than those bad people I knew. -Tyr

Jeff
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/06/veteran-gets-continuance-filed-in-wrongful-arrest-gun-confiscation-case/

I bet they don't want it released this guy did nothing wrong he is a Vet he deserves better than to be treated like a animal and when he told the officer PLEASE let me give my phone to my son and I WILL DO ANYTHING YOU ASK I PERSONALLY FEEL HE WON HIS CASE , people I am sure will not be so happy to see a hero ( in my eyes ) treated this way especially when he knew the law and asked for a supervisor , he did everything right and even said IF you had asked for my weapon I would of handed it to you

You know I almost had a case like this hear in GA a couple months ago , we where on our way to the kids baseball game so no I wasn't carrying but on the back window of my P/U i have a Glock sticker , so here I am getting pulled over for speeding and I watch the cop walking real slow eying my truck then he touches my tailgate ( to leave a finger print in case I shoot ) then he UN buttons his gun, at that point my blood pressure is boiling , he walks to the window no hello no nothing and says I see you have a Glock sticker in the window do you have any weapons on you , my wife knowing I was fuming and what was about to happen said no we are going to a ball game but me being me I had to ask and if I did what where you going to do , the cop just stared he didn't know what to say as I pulled out my permit , sometimes you have to stand up to the cops other times it is best to be quiet , and the best part was while he was writing my ticket I seen him get on the phone , after he hung up my phone rang it was a officer I know that was also on duty that heard the name and description of the vehicle and knew it was me , and he proceeded to tell me that the cop had already started writing the ticket so just take it but it is already cancelled , when the cop handed it to me I told him thank you and sorry ya had to waste your time as I threw it on the seat and smiled , man was he pissed, but I called the cop I know and asked if I had my gun did I have to give it to him, and he told me the best thing to do is place it on the dash board drop the mag of course open it and place it up there and tell the officer to get a supervisor out there because half of them think they are above the law and in the state of GA you have the right to carry a gun in your vehicle whether you have a carry permit or not , and no way was I going to hand my gun to him and take a chance of some political BS like this guy had to go threw

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-31-2013, 11:19 PM
I bet they don't want it released this guy did nothing wrong he is a Vet he deserves better than to be treated like a animal and when he told the officer PLEASE let me give my phone to my son and I WILL DO ANYTHING YOU ASK I PERSONALLY FEEL HE WON HIS CASE , people I am sure will not be so happy to see a hero ( in my eyes ) treated this way especially when he knew the law and asked for a supervisor , he did everything right and even said IF you had asked for my weapon I would of handed it to you

You know I almost had a case like this hear in GA a couple months ago , we where on our way to the kids baseball game so no I wasn't carrying but on the back window of my P/U i have a Glock sticker , so here I am getting pulled over for speeding and I watch the cop walking real slow eying my truck then he touches my tailgate ( to leave a finger print in case I shoot ) then he UN buttons his gun, at that point my blood pressure is boiling , he walks to the window no hello no nothing and says I see you have a Glock sticker in the window do you have any weapons on you , my wife knowing I was fuming and what was about to happen said no we are going to a ball game but me being me I had to ask and if I did what where you going to do , the cop just stared he didn't know what to say as I pulled out my permit , sometimes you have to stand up to the cops other times it is best to be quiet , and the best part was while he was writing my ticket I seen him get on the phone , after he hung up my phone rang it was a officer I know that was also on duty that heard the name and description of the vehicle and knew it was me , and he proceeded to tell me that the cop had already started writing the ticket so just take it but it is already cancelled , when the cop handed it to me I told him thank you and sorry ya had to waste your time as I threw it on the seat and smiled , man was he pissed, but I called the cop I know and asked if I had my gun did I have to give it to him, and he told me the best thing to do is place it on the dash board drop the mag of course open it and place it up there and tell the officer to get a supervisor out there because half of them think they are above the law and in the state of GA you have the right to carry a gun in your vehicle whether you have a carry permit or not , and no way was I going to hand my gun to him and take a chance of some political BS like this guy had to go threw I've made it a point in my life to have as little to do with cops as I can. Far too many of them let that authority go to their pointy little heads and absolutely will refuse ever admitting that they are ever wrong! Few things worse than a bad cop. And its so often the young ones that are smartasses and bad. Ignorance runs rampant with many o them. They have adopted this attitude that---- they own you---- once they start to detain or question you. Nobody ever owned me but my mother and father. And that only because they loved me as a son.. I may stand a bit too proud at times but I damn sure stand on my principles come hell or high water-- all else be damned.. Always figured I'd die in a fight and may still yet considering where this nation is headed.. if so it will not be a dishonorable death.. -Tyr

Jeff
07-31-2013, 11:35 PM
I've made it a point in my life to have as little to do with cops as I can. Far too many of them let that authority go to their pointy little heads and absolutely will refuse ever admitting that they are ever wrong! Few things worse than a bad cop. And its so often the young ones that are smartasses and bad. Ignorance runs rampant with many o them. They have adopted this attitude that---- they own you---- once they start to detain or question you. Nobody ever owned me but my mother and father. And that only because they loved me as a son.. I may stand a bit too proud at times but I damn sure stand on my principles come hell or high water-- all else be damned.. Always figured I'd die in a fight and may still yet considering where this nation is headed.. if so it will not be a dishonorable death.. -Tyr

All the years driving a truck dealt with cops weekly if not daily and your exactly right it is always a young cop trying to make a name for himself/herself and let that badge go to there head and out of all the years doing so I can count on one hand how many hassles I have ever had ( tickets and such) when pulling a cement tanker you gross out at 80,000 and once your loaded you shut the hatch and immediately get in the truck and throw it in reverse get it going good and slam the breaks on after doing this 2 or 3 times the powder kind of evens out in the trailer ( but if you have to hit the brakes once it comes forward putting to much weight on the drives ) well going into GA out of SC on 95 to go around the scales was like 25 mile trip so ya just take your chances and 9 out of 10 times you would receive a 10 to 12 dollar ticket , but this one time I was talking to this one cop ( a black guy ) that had a cool looking cap on ( all black with the old GA flag on it and in white letters DOT) I asked if I could have one and he told me I couldn't afford it so we joked back and fourth and he got nasty telling me after the ticket i was getting I wont afford a loaf of bread let alone his hat so I popped off at the mouth a couple times and the other cops all watched as they handed me my 12 dollar ticket I showed the cop and told him I told you I could still afford the cap and he tried to get smart and say ya still couldn't afford it like he is something special , I looked at him and said you know what your probably right because I would have to buy so much soap to get that Jerry curl shit out of the hat it wouldn't be worth it,:laugh: all the cops in there busted out Laughing but man if I had been on a old dark road I think that cop would of shot me that day :laugh: