PDA

View Full Version : The Pope, The Gay Lobby & How The Media Got It Wrong

Jeff
07-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes maybe this should be in the religious section but I am posting it to show how the media ( the lying scum ) turn innocent words into what ever they want, my wife asked me if something was going on with the pope and I said I will check my e mails and yes there is, it seems the media twisted his answer about gays all arounf to make it sound like Gay priest ought to be forgiven and the sins forgotten and he never said that or implied it

Pope Francis said an extraordinary thing on his trip back to the Vatican, and as usual, the media and those pushing the homosexual agenda twisted his words. While on his way back to the Vatican yesterday, the Pope entertained the press for about an hour and a half and answered many questions. The one that made the most waves, and is being twisted the most, was his comment: “If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?”

The Pope’s comment was based on a question he was asked about a “gay lobby” in the Vatican, one the Vatican has always denied, but that the Pope acknowledged back in June. This “gay lobby” is reported to use extortion against members of the Church hierarchy if they are caught in gay relationships. So, a question was posed about it to the Pope on the flight. It was the last question asked, about charges of homosexual conduct against his recently appointed delegate to reform the Vatican bank.
The Pope answered it by saying that the problem was the lobbying, not the “inclination” to homosexuality. This is where his quote came in. Reports went out far and wide that the Pope had said that gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten, and that we should not “judge” those who are gay. That isn’t what he said, or even meant.

http://libertyalliance.com/2013/07/the-pope-the-gay-lobby-how-the-media-got-it-wrong/

Kathianne
08-01-2013, 10:04 AM
I've seen the headlines too and wondered what's up with that? "Headlines: Whom I To Judge?"

I pretty much figured the church and new pope hadn't changed positions. Being gay has never been a sin, practicing sex has been. Same with those straight folks that do so outside of marriage or cheat on spouses.

People may do so, but in church teachings they're all committing sin. Any that ask forgiveness and repent are forgiven. Those words are paraphrased from the Bible.

glockmail
08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
This is another example of why militant gays can't be trusted. Many go so far as to twist theology, and claim gay sex isn't a sin, or that gay marriage is legit. Um, sorry, but it ain't either.