PDA

View Full Version : 25 years ago today

Little-Acorn
08-01-2013, 12:23 PM
25 years ago today, radio commentator Rush Limbaugh started his own radio show, in Sacramento, CA. His central theme was that when people worked honestly and hard to further their own prosperity, while relying as little as possible on government, it benefitted the entire country and was the main pillar of a strong, nationally prosperous economy.

Liberals went ballistic, and predicted he would last three weeks. They quickly lengthened this to three months.

When Ronald Reagan left office in January 1989, the leftists predicted Limbaugh would fade and go off the air since he didn't have a "favorable" President behind him.

When George H.W. Bush left office in 1993, they made the same prediction.

Then when Bill CLinton left office in 2001, they made the prediction yet again, this time because he didn't have an opposing President to lambaste.

With every setback, the liberal whiners have predicted Limbaugh imminent demise... as his audience grew and he was featured on more and more stations. Eventually he was on so many stations that people could hear his broadcast in virtually every area of the country. He has remained in this position for more than a decade.

And the liberals still have not refuted his central theme, nor even come close.

aboutime
08-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Every day that Rush continues on the air with his sharing of the truth. Is another SAD, DESPERATE, FRUSTRATING, MISERABLE day for Liberals everywhere.

The largest, most effective enemy of Democrats, Liberals, Leftists, Anarchists, Progressives is....TRUTH. And Rush never fails to remind them...about their Enemy.

Abbey Marie
08-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Rush has also survived his own drug scandal, and the "slut" law student comment. I'd say he is almost Teflon at this point.

Little-Acorn
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Rush has also survived his own drug scandal, and the "slut" law student comment. I'd say he is almost Teflon at this point.

The drug scandal was wrong. He broke the law, went doctor-shopping and got multiple prescriptions for the same drug again and again.

It started because he had genuine back pain, and his doc (legitimately) prescribed the drug. He didn't just take it for kicks.

But then he got hooked on it, and started breaking the law to get more.

Finally he volunteered for a program to get him off it, and it worked.

The "slut" law student comment was the simple truth. Some woman wanted others to pay for her numerous sexual adventures. He pointed out that there was a straightforward description for such behavior, and "lady" wasn't it. She was being a bad example, to put it mildly, and Limbaugh said so.

No wonder the Left hates him.

Abbey Marie
08-01-2013, 04:46 PM
The drug scandal was wrong. He broke the law, went doctor-shopping and got multiple prescriptions for the same drug again and again.

It started because he had genuine back pain, and his doc (legitimately) prescribed the drug. He didn't just take it for kicks.

But then he got hooked on it, and started breaking the law to get more.

Finally he volunteered for a program to get him off it, and it worked.

The "slut" law student comment was the simple truth. Some woman wanted others to pay for her numerous sexual adventures. He pointed out that there was a straightforward description for such behavior, and "lady" wasn't it. She was being a bad example, to put it mildly, and Limbaugh said so.

No wonder the Left hates him.

Right or wrong, my point was that he can survive just about anything.

aboutime
08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Right or wrong, my point was that he can survive just about anything.

Right you are Abbey. And, almost daily in the press. We still see a growing number of new, wannabe SLUTS, making names for themselves. And, between almost all of them. If you totaled the IQ numbers. Good chance you'd end up with a Negative number.

Anyone who doesn't like the way I described the SLUTS...sue me, or force me OFF THE AIR.