PDA

View Full Version : Sharia Courts In The UK – Is The US Next?

Jeff
08-01-2013, 10:02 PM
This just doesn't look good at all , and no I am not a excpert on the subject at all but everything I read talks about how woman are treated , but yet our Muslim president had the woman's vote , go figure

The dehumanization and diminishment of women is universal in the Muslim world — “you can’t go against what Islam says.” These sharia courts should be banned in Western nations. They are vicious, misogynistic, and brutal.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/08/sharia-courts-in-the-uk-is-the-us-next/#ixzz2amFAxeAJ

jafar00
08-01-2013, 11:10 PM
If Sharia courts do exist they need to be monitored by a central Islamic authority and staffed by qualified judges and personnel. These UK courts as far as I can gather are rather random and many do not have qualified judges or Sheikhs in attendance. They seem to be like Taliban. Self appointed and out of control.

Jeff
08-01-2013, 11:36 PM
If Sharia courts do exist they need to be monitored by a central Islamic authority and staffed by qualified judges and personnel. These UK courts as far as I can gather are rather random and many do not have qualified judges or Sheikhs in attendance. They seem to be like Taliban. Self appointed and out of control.

jafar my question is why should there be these courts at all ? they are in a country that has there own laws why should any religion be allowed to have there own courts ?

jafar00
08-02-2013, 12:37 AM
jafar my question is why should there be these courts at all ? they are in a country that has there own laws why should any religion be allowed to have there own courts ?

I don't see why they are needed myself. Most Muslims in western countries usually go to their local Imam or Mufti for guidance. The UK seems to be a special case.

Larrymc
08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
This just doesn't look good at all , and no I am not a excpert on the subject at all but everything I read talks about how woman are treated , but yet our Muslim president had the woman's vote , go figure

The dehumanization and diminishment of women is universal in the Muslim world — “you can’t go against what Islam says.” These sharia courts should be banned in Western nations. They are vicious, misogynistic, and brutal.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/08/sharia-courts-in-the-uk-is-the-us-next/#ixzz2amFAxeAJ

I wish the UK would lead the way in banning these type of courts, they should have no more authority than a Pastor Counseling his congregation, only offering information on the workings of their faith, and only effecting those who choose to abide by their Counsel.

Gaffer
08-02-2013, 08:55 AM
I don't see why they are needed myself. Most Muslims in western countries usually go to their local Imam or Mufti for guidance. The UK seems to be a special case.

They are needed to secure the established holdings in the country. It's part of the agenda to get the numbers needed to use democracy against itself. Make separate communities that can work to further divide the nation. Give them their own laws. You end up with a country within a country. Look at the UK and the rest of Europe for examples. And who's behind it? The muslim brotherhood. It's all part of their game plan.

Jeff
08-02-2013, 09:30 AM
They are needed to secure the established holdings in the country. It's part of the agenda to get the numbers needed to use democracy against itself. Make separate communities that can work to further divide the nation. Give them their own laws. You end up with a country within a country. Look at the UK and the rest of Europe for examples. And who's behind it? The muslim brotherhood. It's all part of their game plan.

This what I read out of all this and this is very disturbing , will wind up with 2 different sets of laws or why stop there lets all make up laws and have our own courts to judge us, ya have to live by the law of the land period

Larrymc
08-02-2013, 09:54 AM
This what I read out of all this and this is very disturbing , will wind up with 2 different sets of laws or why stop there lets all make up laws and have our own courts to judge us, ya have to live by the law of the land periodIts common sense to most of us, if you go to another country you will be expected to abide by there laws, and if you don't like their laws don't go there, but Islamist seem to think that everyone should embrace their laws, in fact they have the nerve to incest on it, and seem intent on making it world wide. if that were not so then they would stay in their on country's were there's little resistance.

fj1200
08-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Should Beth Din (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Din_of_America) also be banned?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I wish the UK would lead the way in banning these type of courts, they should have no more authority than a Pastor Counseling his congregation, only offering information on the workings of their faith, and only effecting those who choose to abide by their Counsel. ha, the damn UK led the way in embracing them!!! No chance that its now going to force them out. It was PC liberal/leftist appeasement that went along with them in the first place. -Tyr

Larrymc
08-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Should Beth Din (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Din_of_America) also be banned?No they only tech laws according Jewish faith, they have no power to enforce it, or punish, other than to shun or remove them from the church, no different than any other faith.

Larrymc
08-02-2013, 10:27 AM
ha, the damn UK led the way in embracing them!!! No chance that its now going to force them out. It was PC liberal/leftist appeasement that went along with them in the first place. -TyrMy hope is that they will see what a mistake it was.

Gaffer
08-02-2013, 10:53 AM
My hope is that they will see what a mistake it was.

They will. When it's too late.

jimnyc
08-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Adding this to the thread, which was posted by Marcus in another thread. It's been hinted and stated that the sharia courts in the UK are "taliban run organisations so do not have much legitimacy". I think this clears up that matter:

http://www.shariahcouncil.org/

About the Muslim Law (Shariah) Council UK

The Muslim Law (Shariah) Council UK was established in October 1985 at a conference held on 19th- 20th October 1985 attended by more than 250 Imams, Muslim Scholars and representatives of Mosques and Muslim Organizations. The Council was formed to resolve a variety of disputes and issues faced by the Muslim Community. Issues include:

<tbody>

Marriage

Divorce

Mediation

Judicial Deliberation and Conciliation

</tbody>

The Muslim Law (Shariah) Council primarily provides services to the Muslim Community in Great Britain. The Council receives many enquiries regarding social, family and matrimonial issues and gives Islamic opinion and guidelines on the basis of discussions and consultations made in this respect at its meetings. We have twenty-one Ulema, Imams, Muslim Scholars, and Barristers on the Council representing various schools of Fiqh in Great Britain.
The Council is also approached by institutions, organizations and individuals from diverse spectrum of ethnicity and faiths seeking expert opinions in accordance to Islamic Law on social, theological, cultural, political and academic issues. Solicitors and other legal bodies and authorities also approach the Council for guidelines on cases relating to Muslim families.
Since its establishment, the Council has successfully developed a structured mechanism as a complimentary body offering services for dispute resolutions. The Council, up until now, has received over 3,000 cases of dispute among Muslim families. These cases were investigated, deliberated and then adjudicated successfully.
The Council receives enquiries which are inadvertently answered in accordance to the Shari’ah. Some of the queries are referred to the Council from other European countries where no such Islamic Council is available to help the Muslim Community.
The Council also helps the community by offering its services of Mediation and Arbitration in their disputes.

fj1200
08-02-2013, 12:36 PM
No they only tech laws according Jewish faith, they have no power to enforce it, or punish, other than to shun or remove them from the church, no different than any other faith.

So when Sharia is implemented at the same level you won't object?

jafar00
08-02-2013, 01:59 PM
I wish the UK would lead the way in banning these type of courts, they should have no more authority than a Pastor Counseling his congregation, only offering information on the workings of their faith, and only effecting those who choose to abide by their Counsel.

Agreed.

Your post should be moved to conspiracy theories. I didn't get that memo ;)

Its common sense to most of us, if you go to another country you will be expected to abide by there laws, and if you don't like their laws don't go there, but Islamist seem to think that everyone should embrace their laws, in fact they have the nerve to incest on it, and seem intent on making it world wide. if that were not so then they would stay in their on country's were there's little resistance.

So the "Islamists" of Malaysia got it all wrong? Sharia courts there are only for Muslims.

Larrymc
08-02-2013, 02:16 PM
So when Sharia is implemented at the same level you won't object?what objection would i have if there not Forcing their faith or punishing people?

jimnyc
08-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Adding this to the thread, which was posted by Marcus in another thread. It's been hinted and stated that the sharia courts in the UK are "taliban run organisations so do not have much legitimacy". I think this clears up that matter:

http://www.shariahcouncil.org/

About the Muslim Law (Shariah) Council UK

The Muslim Law (Shariah) Council UK was established in October 1985 at a conference held on 19th- 20th October 1985 attended by more than 250 Imams, Muslim Scholars and representatives of Mosques and Muslim Organizations. The Council was formed to resolve a variety of disputes and issues faced by the Muslim Community. Issues include:

<tbody>

Marriage

Divorce

Mediation

Judicial Deliberation and Conciliation

</tbody>

The Muslim Law (Shariah) Council primarily provides services to the Muslim Community in Great Britain. The Council receives many enquiries regarding social, family and matrimonial issues and gives Islamic opinion and guidelines on the basis of discussions and consultations made in this respect at its meetings. We have twenty-one Ulema, Imams, Muslim Scholars, and Barristers on the Council representing various schools of Fiqh in Great Britain.
The Council is also approached by institutions, organizations and individuals from diverse spectrum of ethnicity and faiths seeking expert opinions in accordance to Islamic Law on social, theological, cultural, political and academic issues. Solicitors and other legal bodies and authorities also approach the Council for guidelines on cases relating to Muslim families.
Since its establishment, the Council has successfully developed a structured mechanism as a complimentary body offering services for dispute resolutions. The Council, up until now, has received over 3,000 cases of dispute among Muslim families. These cases were investigated, deliberated and then adjudicated successfully.
The Council receives enquiries which are inadvertently answered in accordance to the Shari’ah. Some of the queries are referred to the Council from other European countries where no such Islamic Council is available to help the Muslim Community.
The Council also helps the community by offering its services of Mediation and Arbitration in their disputes.

2 threads now where this has been ignored. Maybe the "Muslim Scholars and representatives of Mosques and Muslim Organizations" aren't taliban, and maybe are considered "legit"? :dunno:

jimnyc
08-02-2013, 03:17 PM
So the "Islamists" of Malaysia got it all wrong? Sharia courts there are only for Muslims.

Why isn't the law in UK good enough for Islamists? Why have the scholars and such been implementing Sharia for so many years? And I thought this wasn't necessary unless they were being forced to sin?

Jeff
08-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Why isn't the law in UK good enough for Islamists? Why have the scholars and such been implementing Sharia for so many years? And I thought this wasn't necessary unless they were being forced to sin?

If living in that Country the law will make them sin then they shouldn't move there , seems simple enough

Marcus Aurelius
08-02-2013, 03:39 PM
...So the "Islamists" of Malaysia got it all wrong? Sharia courts there are only for Muslims.

And what about the multiple posts showing Sharia Courts in the Middle East setting punishment for non-Muslims. I guess they aren't 'really Muslim' are they.

jimnyc
08-02-2013, 03:41 PM
And what about the multiple posts showing Sharia Courts in the Middle East setting punishment for non-Muslims. I guess they aren't 'really Muslim' are they.

One calling for death for non-Muslims. If it reflects bad on Muslims, then they are "non-Muslims'.

fj1200
08-02-2013, 05:30 PM
what objection would i have if there not Forcing their faith or punishing people?

None I suppose. I'm not sure of any Sharia in the West that covers non-Muslims.

Drummond
08-02-2013, 07:13 PM
ha, the damn UK led the way in embracing them!!! No chance that its now going to force them out. It was PC liberal/leftist appeasement that went along with them in the first place. -Tyr:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly right, Tyr. To be slightly more exact ... it was our Labour Party (Leftie mainstream Party, the prime opposition to the Conservatives) which insisted upon creating a PC climate which had it that to do anything else was racist !

It took Tony Blair (comparative moderate within the Labour Party, who had much of his Party against him on the Iraq War issue) to publicly state, for example, that to DISCUSS immigration was not an act of racism !!!!

Drummond
08-02-2013, 07:20 PM
2 threads now where this has been ignored. Maybe the "Muslim Scholars and representatives of Mosques and Muslim Organizations" aren't taliban, and maybe are considered "legit"? :dunno:

Let me assure you that any suggestion they are 'Taliban' is just nonsense. I'd never even heard of this being suggested until a poster on this forum (no prizes for guessing who) tried it.

They are considered 'legit' in that they've been around in the UK for quite a while, are permitted to operate, and the climate of tolerance here is such that to ban them would never of itself be tolerated.

That said, there are those in positions of authority, and this includes officials who represent UK law, who are highly critical of the decisions Sharia councils in particular arrive at.

Drummond
08-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Why isn't the law in UK good enough for Islamists?

Simple, obvious answer ... because UK law isn't nearly Islamic ENOUGH for their liking.

Why have the scholars and such been implementing Sharia for so many years?

Because they've been allowed to. It used to be the case that the authorities just turned a blind eye to it all. Later, under Labour (1997-2010) such a climate of political correctness was nurtured that this climate became increasingly intolerant of anyone who objected to them. Ultimately, we had Rowan Williams, then the Archbishop of Canterbury and therefore head of the CHRISTIAN Church of England, actually saying during a Radio 4 interview that limited Sharia Law should be instituted in Britain !

And I thought this wasn't necessary unless they were being forced to sin?

Islamic wilfulness is the key here .. an insistence that Islamic ways predominate, REGARDLESS of the law of the land. Oh, I'm sure that your point has shades to it that I'm not addressing. Nonetheless, I am accurately describing the real issue in play.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-02-2013, 07:57 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly right, Tyr. To be slightly more exact ... it was our Labour Party (Leftie mainstream Party, the prime opposition to the Conservatives) which insisted upon creating a PC climate which had it that to do anything else was racist !

It took Tony Blair (comparative moderate within the Labour Party, who had much of his Party against him on the Iraq War issue) to publicly state, for example, that to DISCUSS immigration was not an act of racism !!!! We have in Britain today a prime example of how they will try to do the same in USA. In fact they already have or else CAIR WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN AN --UNIDICTED - CO-CONSIPRATOR IN AN ISLAMIC TERRORIST INVESTIGATION. CAIR would have been indicted and had to suffer the punishment , as it is they suffered nothing and were actively protected! Islam knows no bounds when it comes to advancing its domination of all that is not of Islam. A good study of Britain could serve to wake many of us up! Adam shame too that such a great man as Churchill saved that nation only to have it fall from its invited in vermin!!!!And fall it will, just as sure as the ocean is wet... That'll be a very, very sad day for us too!!!- :(-Tyr

Drummond
08-02-2013, 08:06 PM
We have in Britain today a prime example of how they will try to do the same in USA. In fact they already have or else CAIR WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN AN --UNIDICTED - CO-CONSIPRATOR IN AN ISLAMIC TERRORIST INVESTIGATION. CAIR would have been indicted and had to suffer the punishment , as it is they suffered nothing and were actively protected! Islam knows no bounds when it comes to advancing its domination of all that is not of Islam. A good study of Britain could serve to wake many of us up! Adam shame too that such a great man as Churchill saved that nation only to have it fall from its invited in vermin!!!!And fall it will, just as sure as the ocean is wet... That'll be a very, very sad day for us too!!!- :(-Tyr:clap::clap::clap:

I have to agree with all of this. Even today's Conservative Party seems determined to appease them - maybe not to 100 percent of the way that Labour did, but more than enough to do nothing useful to stop the rot.

If I've any useful function on these threads and this forum, it's to help show everyone how the UK's example should serve as an advance warning to you all so that you understand that Tyr's case is wholly valid, and that you've a battle on your hands to save America's very identity as a free nation.

Marcus Aurelius
08-02-2013, 08:11 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=655774#post655774)

One calling for death for non-Muslims. If it reflects bad on Muslims, then they are "non-Muslims'.

Jahil will now vanish from the thread.