PDA

View Full Version : US to temporarily shut down embassies around the world Sunday amid security concerns

Marcus Aurelius
08-02-2013, 09:02 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/02/us-to-shut-down-american-embassies-around-world-as-terror-threats-grow/

The United States will temporarily shut down its embassies and consulates around the world Sunday -- including those in Iraq, Afghanistan and Egypt -- as a precautionary measure over terror-related concerns, State Department officials said.

Must be another anti-Islamic movie coming out.

Jeff
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/02/us-to-shut-down-american-embassies-around-world-as-terror-threats-grow/

Sounds to me like another Benghazi, the warnings have been sent but instead of like last time trying to say it was due to a you tube video Obama will now say he took precautions and to stand up and send troops to protect well that wont happen because Obama's Muslim brothers may get hurt

jimnyc
08-02-2013, 09:23 AM
It's apparently based on threats from Al Qaeda, the group who 'some' claimed was so small, under a certain amount of members, not a large threat anymore and not worthy of tossing anymore money or intel agencies at. :rolleyes:

Regardless of what one may think, this group will be a threat until fully eliminated, which was never close to being the case. And until the Muslim countries get involved and actually want to get rid of them, and get active in getting rid of them, they will be around for quite some time. But hey, flipping the bird at big brother and complaining is more important than US lives.

jafar00
08-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Perhaps they should take the opportunity to step back and work out what parts of foreign policy, secret or not secret that are causing so much hatred for the USA that they have to shut down all embassies for safety reasons. No other nation in the world has to do this. Not even Israel!

Marcus Aurelius
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Perhaps they should take the opportunity to step back and work out what parts of foreign policy, secret or not secret that are causing so much hatred for the USA that they have to shut down all embassies for safety reasons. No other nation in the world has to do this. Not even Israel!

Go fuck a camel, lying dumb ass...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/02/15/israel.terror/index.html
Israel closes embassies over terror fears

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/30/world/europe/uk-iran-demonstrations
Britain evacuates all embassy staff after Iran protesters storm compounds

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/canada-shuts-down-egypt-embassy-over-security-concerns-132032386.html

Canada shuts down Egypt embassy over security concerns

I could post more, but you get the idea.

Abbey Marie
08-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Only the haters can control the hatred. And until maybe Obama, the US hasn't been known for running on fear.

Larrymc
08-02-2013, 02:53 PM

That would be my bet.:laugh:

jimnyc
08-02-2013, 03:14 PM

So now you think Al Qaeda should be reasoned with, and that perhaps foreign policy should be reflected upon so that we won't have to fear radical Muslims? No other nation has to fear this as pretty much the USA is the lone country fighting the Muslim scum committing the atrocities.

Jeff
08-02-2013, 03:38 PM

That is because no other country has a leader that helps and quite possible is part of this terrorist group so the other countries just fight back

DragonStryk72
08-02-2013, 05:45 PM

um, as was pointed out, even Canada is having to pull people over terror threats. now, what rational reason could al-qaeda have for going at Canada?

The reason that terror groups target the US is simple, and no, its not our freedoms, that's just rhetoric. They hate us because we're the first responders. China and Russia are treat powers, but they don't really involve themselves unless their own interests are served, as only that far. We, on the other hand, not only go on the offensive, but rebuild areas, and generally make it near on impossible to carry out their plans.

Drummond
08-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Only the haters can control the hatred. And until maybe Obama, the US hasn't been known for running on fear.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Drummond
08-02-2013, 07:42 PM
So now you think Al Qaeda should be reasoned with, and that perhaps foreign policy should be reflected upon so that we won't have to fear radical Muslims? No other nation has to fear this as pretty much the USA is the lone country fighting the Muslim scum committing the atrocities.

I think that last point is a bit sweeping, Jim. I know that Britain does its bit as well (think of our long-term military presence in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, for example). Far more accurate to say that the US takes on the lion's share of the fighting - THAT I'd agree with, unreservedly.

Otherwise, I agree with your post. Any thought, suggestion, that Al Qaeda should be 'reasoned with', or that any measure of appeasement is entered into, is not only unacceptable but considerably offensive. That scum deserves extermination, pure and simple.

hjmick
08-02-2013, 08:28 PM
It's the first step in making Barack Obama's birthday a federal holiday.

I'm surprised you guys fell for this al Qaeda false flag bullshit...

jafar00
08-02-2013, 10:23 PM

Why does AQ exist in the first place? Are you saying the US is totally innocent of wrong doing in the ME? This story has 2 sides.

Marcus Aurelius
08-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Why does AQ exist in the first place? Are you saying the US is totally innocent of wrong doing in the ME? This story has 2 sides.

AQ exists to do the will of your false God and his pedophile prophet.

jimnyc
08-03-2013, 07:33 AM
I think that last point is a bit sweeping, Jim. I know that Britain does its bit as well (think of our long-term military presence in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, for example). Far more accurate to say that the US takes on the lion's share of the fighting - THAT I'd agree with, unreservedly.

Otherwise, I agree with your post. Any thought, suggestion, that Al Qaeda should be 'reasoned with', or that any measure of appeasement is entered into, is not only unacceptable but considerably offensive. That scum deserves extermination, pure and simple.

You are correct, young man, and you have my apologies. I've stated time and time again that the UK is our greatest ally. I think I respond like that at times, as it's generally the US who is accused of certain things. No disrespect was intended!

jimnyc
08-03-2013, 07:36 AM

I suppose in the same manner that Islam is responsible for creating radical filthy Muslim animals throughout the world. The major difference being that the US was helping a group in another matter and it resulted in unintended consequences down the road. It appears at times, with the celebrating, and the refusal to hunt down radicals, that SO many got exactly what they wish for with the radicals and terrorists.

DragonStryk72
08-03-2013, 05:27 PM

seeing as you skipped my point, here's the thing: They existed while we were still on the same side, back when we backed the Taliban and Osama against the ussr. Amazing how you keep trying to put blame on the US when we started off as their allies. And again, we're not the only ones being threatened.

Why do you believe the US has to be the aggressor here?

aboutime
08-05-2013, 06:09 PM

jafar. Your attempt to DISTRACT from the reality of your FULL SUPPORT of AQ is laughable. Like Obama. Trying to further BLAME in order to SNEAK into the tent. Just won't make it here.

Drummond
08-05-2013, 06:42 PM
You are correct, young man, and you have my apologies. I've stated time and time again that the UK is our greatest ally. I think I respond like that at times, as it's generally the US who is accused of certain things. No disrespect was intended!

Many thanks, Jim :)

'Young man' .. eh ? Hey, I LIKE this forum !!!!! :):)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-05-2013, 06:50 PM

Yes, this one stars 1.Hillary as Hellory, 2.Obama as Asswipe and 3. Michelle as the Wicked Hippo that eats all the veggie crops and thereby starves millions of poor minority kids.. but it's ok they are all Republicans or Christians...
Not to worry , only dumb animals harmed in the movie were it's three stars. :laugh:-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Only the haters can control the hatred. And until maybe Obama, the US hasn't been known for running on fear. Obama did that to give our enemies that very much needed moral boost. And to telegraph them that he will make us back down so they should do more and do it sooner rather than later. The scum is a muslim in hiding .. pure and simple.--Tyr

Drummond
08-07-2013, 01:21 PM
seeing as you skipped my point, here's the thing: They existed while we were still on the same side, back when we backed the Taliban and Osama against the ussr. Amazing how you keep trying to put blame on the US when we started off as their allies. And again, we're not the only ones being threatened.

Why do you believe the US has to be the aggressor here?

Just adding that I'd like to see Jafar try to answer this one, too. I don't believe for a nanosecond that any such suggestion, or even inference, could have the slightest merit.

AQ are TERRORISTS ... it's a bit like looking in on the proceedings in a court of law, and always expecting to see the judge weigh up what justified the crime that had been committed. A crime is a crime, a criminal is innocent or guilty of it. Crime doesn't carry with it an automatic presumption of potential justification for its having been committed (!!!!), any more than decent citizens are 'required', as though 'mandated', to find ways of excusing terrorist savagery !!

Drummond
08-07-2013, 01:31 PM

'The story has 2 sides'. What's that all about ??

Al Qaeda are terrorists. I actually DON'T CARE how they'd want to justify their disgusting savagery, Jafar. Are you saying that people in the Twin Towers, on 11th September 2001, should've felt themselves motivated to care about the sensibilities of the murdering scum who'd arranged to kill them ????

Was it the duty of the victims who chose to fall to their deaths rather than be fried alive, to spend their last moments trying to empathise with the possible motivations of their murderers ???

Jafar, put aside your love of Hamas for just a minute, and try to absorb this notion .... terrorism NEGATES any possibility of justification on the part of those committing it !! THEY ARE SCUM ... PURE AND SIMPLE !

jafar00
08-07-2013, 04:34 PM
'The story has 2 sides'. What's that all about ??

Al Qaeda are terrorists. I actually DON'T CARE how they'd want to justify their disgusting savagery, Jafar. Are you saying that people in the Twin Towers, on 11th September 2001, should've felt themselves motivated to care about the sensibilities of the murdering scum who'd arranged to kill them ????

Was it the duty of the victims who chose to fall to their deaths rather than be fried alive, to spend their last moments trying to empathise with the possible motivations of their murderers ???

Jafar, put aside your love of Hamas for just a minute, and try to absorb this notion .... terrorism NEGATES any possibility of justification on the part of those committing it !! THEY ARE SCUM ... PURE AND SIMPLE !

2 sides meaning the US was not attacked out of the blue for no reason. Something happened to really piss these people off.

So Hamas was responsible for 9/11 now?

jimnyc
08-07-2013, 04:36 PM

Would it matter? A group responsible for murder and terror attacks is bad no matter the victim. Oh, wait, since they kill Jews it's OK!!!

aboutime
08-07-2013, 04:36 PM
2 sides meaning the US was not attacked out of the blue for no reason. Something happened to really piss these people off.

jafar. When will you ever, ever learn. Deflection, Distraction, and Changing the context to remove blame.
SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU HERE!

Question. From another thread. If you are losing weight. Do you need to be re-fitted for VESTS?

Larrymc
08-07-2013, 04:52 PM

So Hamas was responsible for 9/11 now? Are you insinuating there is any justification for 9/11 ?

logroller
08-07-2013, 05:07 PM
jafar. When will you ever, ever learn. Deflection, Distraction, and Changing the context to remove blame.
SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU HERE!

Question. From another thread. If you are losing weight. Do you need to be re-fitted for VESTS?
What do you mean by "VESTS"?

Drummond
08-07-2013, 09:28 PM

Oh, did it ?

1. They're not 'people', they're TERRORISTS ..

2. Saying that 'something happened' is saying that the US somehow caused 'the REACTION' which 'led' to 9/11, which is massively presumptive of you. This is not only unjustified, but tantamount to saying that there is ANY MEANS of justifying what Al Q did on that day. More, and even MORE disgustingly, this shifts the perception of moral culpability away from the perpetrators, and towards THEIR VICTIMS !!

3. So, are you JUSTIFYING THEIR TERRORISM, BY SAYING (EVEN AS AN UNSUPPORTABLE EXCUSE) THAT ANY SUCH PROCESS WAS AT WORK ?

And Hamas are terrorists, as Al Qaeda also are. Both groups will happily kill large numbers of innocent people in whatever disgustingly gruesome manner that takes their fancy at the time, and gleefully exult in it afterwards !

But then, you like Hamas, don't you, Jafar ?

Kathianne
08-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Trying to return to topic.

1. US closes many embassies, over 20, in 'abundance of caution.' Other nations close Yemen embassies. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/5/western-embassies-remain-closed-yemen-19-us-posts-/?page=all
2. Release the 'film maker' that caused the Benghazi attack. http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/06/justice/anti-islam-film/?hpt=hp_t3
3. Indict Benghazi 'persons of interest': http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/06/politics/benghazi-charges/index.html
4. US continues drone attacks, http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/08/us_strikes_again_in.php
5. US citizens are expected to support the year change. Last year at this time, "Osama is dead, GM is alive!" This year, "Duck and cover." Last year, give or take a few weeks, Americans died, including an American ambassador. As noted above, it was blamed on a trailer of a video never made. The producer of that video was the one person imprisoned, for parole violation in circumstances beyond the norm.

jafar00
08-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Are you insinuating there is any justification for 9/11 ?

No. There is no excuse for that atrocity, however the US is not innocent of atrocities of it's own.

Kathianne
08-08-2013, 01:40 AM
No. There is no excuse for that atrocity, however the US is not innocent of atrocities of it's own.

which has what to 9/11 that you brought up?

red states rule
08-08-2013, 02:27 AM
which has what to 9/11 that you brought up?

Like Ron Paul, bomb boy jafar believe America deserved 9/11; and those 3,000 people who went to work that morning deserved to be murdered

Like most Muslims, he preaches peace, but his hate and rage runs deep

jimnyc
08-08-2013, 06:42 AM

Quick to point out guilt of the USA when discussing 9/11, but can't seem to let the words of condemnation come out when discussing a terror organization which targets Jews. Sad, or pathetic, or both.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2013, 07:47 AM
No. There is no excuse for that atrocity, however the US is not innocent of atrocities of it's own. Name a nation that is innocent but our past sins do not give any justification for the acts of murder on 9/11. -Tyr

red states rule
08-08-2013, 03:32 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c11134120130808120100.jpg