PDA

View Full Version : Heaven's Saints

Jeff
08-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Well I presently ride with a group of Christian bikers in a club called C.M.A. ( Christian motorcycle association) but yesterday ran into a real cool guy and his wife that told me about there club , Heaven's Saints , they ride to all the big bike runs and just try to get the word out about Jesus Christ , and they are all real bikers , going through there web site took me back to my younger days, some of them look just like what ya would expect to see at any biker bash , I am really excited about this because although I love the club I ride with they aren't or weren't real bikers they are more of what I would call bike enthusiast ( which is fine they are good people ) but this new club is more like myself been there done that and now know better. The founder of this club has past away May He Rest In peace, but before doing so he lived a colorful life to say the least, before becoming or shall I say realizing what he was he was a Hells Angel and the president of a Chapter in S.C. , I don't need to tell anyone just what a bad man he was and yes he still had the long hair the beard the whole bit but instead of fighting every night he would share the word of God, well to make a long story short he got into a situation in California where his own brothers where trying to kill him and he called home to his mom's house basically to say good bye to his wife , mother and child, but his Mom was so religious she wouldn't have anything to do with it she made him pray with her and he promised God if he made it out his life would change , that was in 1976 from that day on he spoke at bike rallies and different biker functions ( all the time having a price on his head , ya don't just quit the Hells Angels ) well 2 of the guys that came to kill him at one point where saved , one just spoke at a church I attend, it is just a awesome story

I seriously think for those that enjoy bikes are Christians or are just curious on what would make a stone cold biker change his ways to go to Heavens Saints MM and watch the video , it is a quick story by Barry about his life, it will have you LOL, and some will tear up, but no matter what ya feel it is a great story and to see the commitment in his eyes and to hear this one time feared man talk about what his Momma use to do just to bring him to god is a great story, if anyone does go listen please let me know what ya think, I was thoroughly impressed and I believe most will be .

Abbey Marie
08-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Jeff, you reminded me of a Billy Joel lyric from Only the Good Die Young: "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Jeff, you reminded me of a Billy Joel lyric from Only the Good Die Young: "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." ;) Could well be why I'm still around kicking the tires.;) However, I took some small amount of solace in the line , Only the good Die Young, back when my baby brother, just 14 years old, got electrocuted . --Tyr

Jeff
08-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Could well be why I'm still around kicking the tires.;) However, I took some small amount of solace in the line , Only the good Die Young, back when my baby brother, just 14 years old, got electrocuted . --Tyr

Brother I am so sorry to hear this, man that had to be bad times but I honestly believe to a certain degree only the good do die young, Right now we are trying our hardest to get money together for a 4 year old girl that is dying , her last wish ( and at 4 maybe her only real wish ) is to meet Cinderella so Monday night at the chapter meeting when we found out about it and found out that Make a wish will send her to Disney but it cost $550 plus travel money ( I always thought they did it for free ) we also found out as of that day her Kidneys where shutting down, well at the end of the meeting we already had ( I think ) $400 and the next day I took a flyer to my local bike shop and he asked me to come back in the morning ( the owner was there , nice guy the owner must be huh ) but when I went back he handed me a $200 check and asked me how close we where he was willing to write it for more , since that day from posting on FB we have pretty much got the money but pray she can travel and she has the time left to get there , originally we where going to do a Guided run up in Helen Ga next weekend there is a big run up there next weekend called Destination Helen and it didn't cost anything but we would accept donations , well all this talk was getting to the fact what could this little angel of done to deserve to die so young, we have no right to ask and it can be many different answers but one thing I am sure of is God is taking her home as he does all the young that go way before there time

Abbey although I use to agree with the sinners have much more fun that is what is so great about this club we have all the same fun without drugs alcohol or breaking the law and we do it with Jesus in our hearts as we try and spread his word through a Hardened crowd

Kathianne
08-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Brother I am so sorry to hear this, man that had to be bad times but I honestly believe to a certain degree only the good do die young, Right now we are trying our hardest to get money together for a 4 year old girl that is dying , her last wish ( and at 4 maybe her only real wish ) is to meet Cinderella so Monday night at the chapter meeting when we found out about it and found out that Make a wish will send her to Disney but it cost $550 plus travel money ( I always thought they did it for free ) we also found out as of that day her Kidneys where shutting down, well at the end of the meeting we already had ( I think ) $400 and the next day I took a flyer to my local bike shop and he asked me to come back in the morning ( the owner was there , nice guy the owner must be huh ) but when I went back he handed me a $200 check and asked me how close we where he was willing to write it for more , since that day from posting on FB we have pretty much got the money but pray she can travel and she has the time left to get there , originally we where going to do a Guided run up in Helen Ga next weekend there is a big run up there next weekend called Destination Helen and it didn't cost anything but we would accept donations , well all this talk was getting to the fact what could this little angel of done to deserve to die so young, we have no right to ask and it can be many different answers but one thing I am sure of is God is taking her home as he does all the young that go way before there time

Abbey although I use to agree with the sinners have much more fun that is what is so great about this club we have all the same fun without drugs alcohol or breaking the law and we do it with Jesus in our hearts as we try and spread his word through a Hardened crowd

Jeff, an observation off of your post and Abbey's comments. I've found in the main that 'the self-righteous' tend to give to charities that will further their cause, i.e., missions and such.

The 'sinners' tend to help the individuals that are in need at the time and in their face.

I'll go with the sinners. Charity begins at home and is concrete. I'm not against the philosophical, just more bent towards the here and now.

Kathianne
08-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Jeff, an observation off of your post and Abbey's comments. I've found in the main that 'the self-righteous' tend to give to charities that will further their cause, i.e., missions and such.

The 'sinners' tend to help the individuals that are in need at the time and in their face.

I'll go with the sinners. Charity begins at home and is concrete. I'm not against the philosophical, just more bent towards the here and now.

Thanks for the rep. I really hope this little one is well enough to go on the trip. Bless you that make it possible.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2013, 07:46 AM

http://biblia.com/bible/nlt/Mt5.3-12
Matthew 5:3–12The Beatitudes
3 “God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him,* (http://biblia.com/bible/nlt/Mt5.3-12#footnote0)
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
4 God blesses those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 God blesses those who are humble,
for they will inherit the whole earth.
6 God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice,* (http://biblia.com/bible/nlt/Mt5.3-12#footnote1)
for they will be satisfied.
7 God blesses those who are merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 God blesses those whose hearts are pure,
for they will see God.
9 God blesses those who work for peace,
for they will be called the children of God.
10 God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you* (http://biblia.com/bible/nlt/Mt5.3-12#footnote2) and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way. ------------------------------------- I fully realize my need to work on number 7.. As I find it impossible to show any mercy to the muslim terrorists!!! -Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-10-2013, 08:23 AM

Jeff, if this little girl is too sick to travel, consider at least hiring a character that will dress up as Cinderella to visit her. We had just that for one of our daughter's birthday parties. They do a good job with the outfit and hair and such. As for my Billy Joel comment, it was just a joke.