PDA

View Full Version : Immigration reform would boost value of homes, Obama tells Phoenix crowd

Jeff
08-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Personally I don't see where the two go hand in hand but I have watched neighborhoods that in fact just last night I spoke to someone in NJ and he was telling me how one family seemed to moved onto each street in this Neighborhood ( mexicans to be exact) and of course house immediately went up for sale and when they first did the asking prices where around the $390's they are now in the low $3's with some even taking less just to get rid of there property while they still can , so no I don't see this helping add to the price of anyone's homes . Yall don't think Obama would tell a lie to push his bill through :rolleyes:

President Obama on Tuesday argued that enactment of the Senate’s immigration reform bill would boost home values across the country.

"It’s pretty simple: when more people buy homes, and play by the rules, home values go up for everybody," Obama said during a speech on home ownership in Phoenix.

Obama conceded that immigration was "something you don’t always hear about when it comes to the housing market,” but he said the two things go hand in hand.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/315803-obama-immigration-reform-would-boost-value-of-homes#ixzz2bHZNhHY0

Trigg
08-07-2013, 12:18 PM
If anything it will hurt mid-priced neighborhoods.

Most illegals came here with little to no education, most also live below the poverty level. They are going to buy houses and shove as many family members as possible into them which will make the price plummet as regular home owners leave the area.

I am constantly amazed by the stupidity of politicians. Illegals "work jobs American's don't want" because they have to. Once you make them legal they will file into the welfare office and apply for every benefit they qualify for. They aren't going to be out in the fields picking fruit when they can sit on their asses collecting tax payers money.

DragonStryk72
08-07-2013, 12:22 PM
If anything it will hurt mid-priced neighborhoods.

Most illegals came here with little to no education, most also live below the poverty level. They are going to buy houses and shove as many family members as possible into them which will make the price plummet as regular home owners leave the area.

I am constantly amazed by the stupidity of politicians. Illegals "work jobs American's don't want" because they have to. Once you make them legal they will file into the welfare office and apply for every benefit they qualify for. They aren't going to be out in the fields picking fruit when they can sit on their asses collecting tax payers money.

Actually, they'll still pick fruit, and here's why: Because they're getting that money under the table. So when they go to apply for welfare, they don't have to report making, meaning that they now get both the welfare money and the fruit picking money together.

tailfins
08-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Woonsocket, RI is an excellent case study. Homes prices dropped because at least in part they are not being maintained.

Thunderknuckles
08-07-2013, 12:34 PM
"It’s pretty simple: when more people buy homes, and play by the rules, home values go up for everybody," Obama said during a speech on home ownership in Phoenix.

Deeply flawed argument as Trigg already pointed out.
I was expecting a more nuanced explanation by way of saying that while yes, low educated, first generation immigrants may cause home prices to drop, it is their second and third generation offspring who assimilate, have higher educations, and better incomes that cause a net increase in home values.

I'm not saying I completely agree with that, just that I expected something a little harder to debate than the ridiculously flawed argument the President gave.

DragonStryk72
08-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Deeply flawed argument as Trigg already pointed out.
I was expecting a more nuanced explanation by way of saying that while yes, low educated, first generation immigrants may cause home prices to drop, it is their second and third generation offspring who assimilate, have higher educations, and better incomes that cause a net increase in home values.

I'm not saying I completely agree with that, just that I expected something a little harder to debate than the ridiculously flawed argument the President gave.

That explanation would have been far better, and should as well have been laid alongside the point that the sheer costs of trying to evict 12,000,000 illegal immigrants- that we know about- is simply financially and logistically unfeasible, especially with the current deficit problems.

That would've created a far stronger pillar to lay the argument on. I keep getting the idea that the Dems these days don't really understand how to stabilize their argument.

aboutime
08-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Personally I don't see where the two go hand in hand but I have watched neighborhoods that in fact just last night I spoke to someone in NJ and he was telling me how one family seemed to moved onto each street in this Neighborhood ( mexicans to be exact) and of course house immediately went up for sale and when they first did the asking prices where around the $390's they are now in the low $3's with some even taking less just to get rid of there property while they still can , so no I don't see this helping add to the price of anyone's homes . Yall don't think Obama would tell a lie to push his bill through :rolleyes:

President Obama on Tuesday argued that enactment of the Senate’s immigration reform bill would boost home values across the country.

Obama conceded that immigration was "something you don’t always hear about when it comes to the housing market,” but he said the two things go hand in hand.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/315803-obama-immigration-reform-would-boost-value-of-homes#ixzz2bHZNhHY0

Somebody should have had the courage to ask Obama if HE and Michelle, with the girls, would move into one of those neighborhoods he bragged about?????

Imagine the Secret Service hiding behind the broken-down, old Chevy on the front lawn, covered in weeds???