PDA

View Full Version : Military Chaplain's Assistant Threatened By Superior Over Her Expression Of Christian

Jeff
08-09-2013, 07:15 AM
So now if you are a Christian preacher in the Military you may not say what comes out of the bible or you may loose pay and rank, and the blacks cry that they are treated poorly, this country is turning on Christians faster and faster all in the name of being politically correct , ya can't re write the Bible just because you don't like what it says and Christians have a right to speak there mind just the same as any one

According to Town Hall, a Army Chaplain’s Assistant is being targeted for her religious beliefs. After watching a documentary in which a Pastor was condoning homosexuality, telling his gay parishioners to embrace who they are, the Chaplain’s Assistant posted a response on her personal Facebook page. This is the response in full: “A lot ticked off, now to all my gay friends you know I care about you so don’t think otherwise. I’m watching this documentary and this gay guy went to a church and the Pastor was telling him that he needs to embrace his way and know that it is not a sin. Ok umm wow, dude it is. I’m sick of people making Gods word what it’s not. Yes God loves you as a person but He hates the sin. Tired of hearing about Pastors being ok with homosexuality.” In response, her Commander told her to remove the post, or face demotion, and a salary decrease. Her Commander said that she was creating “a hostile and antagonistic environment in the unit.”
Read more at http://lastresistance.com/2981/military-chaplains-assistant-threatened-by-superior-over-her-expression-of-christian-beliefs/#AOKD8mjhYlEP7XQp.99

Larrymc
08-09-2013, 07:34 AM
So now if you are a Christian preacher in the Military you may not say what comes out of the bible or you may loose pay and rank, and the blacks cry that they are treated poorly, this country is turning on Christians faster and faster all in the name of being politically correct , ya can't re write the Bible just because you don't like what it says and Christians have a right to speak there mind just the same as any one

According to Town Hall, a Army Chaplain’s Assistant is being targeted for her religious beliefs. After watching a documentary in which a Pastor was condoning homosexuality, telling his gay parishioners to embrace who they are, the Chaplain’s Assistant posted a response on her personal Facebook page. This is the response in full: “A lot ticked off, now to all my gay friends you know I care about you so don’t think otherwise. I’m watching this documentary and this gay guy went to a church and the Pastor was telling him that he needs to embrace his way and know that it is not a sin. Ok umm wow, dude it is. I’m sick of people making Gods word what it’s not. Yes God loves you as a person but He hates the sin. Tired of hearing about Pastors being ok with homosexuality.” In response, her Commander told her to remove the post, or face demotion, and a salary decrease. Her Commander said that she was creating “a hostile and antagonistic environment in the unit.”
Read more at http://lastresistance.com/2981/military-chaplains-assistant-threatened-by-superior-over-her-expression-of-christian-beliefs/#AOKD8mjhYlEP7XQp.99
"Reagan" If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. By Gods Grace We have the Greatest Military in the world, Is our military beginning to think its all by their own might?

logroller
08-09-2013, 07:36 AM

Soldiers, even chaplains, don't have the same right to speak to their mind as anybody else if it breeds contempt for the military. Just the way it is. Of course, she's blessed for her being persecuted for her beliefs, but she must still face punishment.

logroller
08-09-2013, 07:42 AM
"Reagan" If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. By Gods Grace We have the Greatest Military in the world, Is our military beginning to think its all by their own might?
I would think not; but then I don't that that God's might is exclusive to Christianity.

Jeff
08-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Soldiers, even chaplains, don't have the same right to speak to their mind as anybody else if it breeds contempt for the military. Just the way it is. Of course, she's blessed for her being persecuted for her beliefs, but she must still face punishment.

Log I would love to argue that with you but I believe you are correct, but hell why bother with having and kind of Chaplin just have a Soldier telling soldiers what to believe, I never was in the Military but it seems like I have seen exactly what you are talking about before and it makes no sense, look at the marines and how they speak of God and how God holds a special place for marines ( wait that was a movie :laugh: ) seriously though many a soldier has prayed while in the service why can't they have there beliefs in the Bible , it doesn't make sense to me

logroller
08-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Log I would love to argue that with you but I believe you are correct, but hell why bother with having and kind of Chaplin just have a Soldier telling soldiers what to believe, I never was in the Military but it seems like I have seen exactly what you are talking about before and it makes no sense, look at the marines and how they speak of God and how God holds a special place for marines ( wait that was a movie :laugh: ) seriously though many a soldier has prayed while in the service why can't they have there beliefs in the Bible , it doesn't make sense to me
They can still believe whatever they wish; but acting in any way that could undermine the military authority is forbidden. As was said, "you can give your heart to Jesus, but your asses belong to corp."

Plus, the OP is pretty blatant establishment of religion.

Larrymc
08-09-2013, 08:03 AM
I would think not; but then I don't that that God's might is exclusive to Christianity.From its humble beginning to today America, has been The greatest Nation on earth. I contribute that to deep roots in Christianity, Like wise the moral decline in every sector of our society including Christianity is because of a turning away from our roots, But then i also believe that the Holy Trinity is the only true God.

logroller
08-09-2013, 08:22 AM
From its humble beginning to today America, has been The greatest Nation on earth. I contribute that to deep roots in Christianity, Like wise the moral decline in every sector of our society including Christianity is because of a turning away from our roots, But then i also believe that the Holy Trinity is the only true God.
I completely agree; but if I were charged with giving spiritual direction to Christians, Jews, and Muslims and even atheists, whether they be straight or gay, one must be careful not to rebuke them, for they may rebuke I -- in the honor of battle, in defense of nation, the time may come that they be given their last rights and, as a Christian, I'd want them to be receptive.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Soldiers, even chaplains, don't have the same right to speak to their mind as anybody else if it breeds contempt for the military. Just the way it is. Of course, she's blessed for her being persecuted for her beliefs, but she must still face punishment. Really!!??? This while our military busts ass catering to every religious aspect of Islam for the prisoners in Quatmo?? Our military supplies them with Korans untouched by infidel hands, prayer rugs, special food, etc.!!! I don't buy into the military regulation bullshit for a damn second. For the military breaks regulation all the time making exceptions for these GD SCUM MURDERING ISLAMIC SCUM!!!!!!!! Look at the special treatment that murdering bastard that murdered those unarmed soldiers at Fort Hood gets!! Truth is the GD scum should all be shot and no prisoners taken IMHO.... THEY FIGHT IGNORING ALL THE GENEVA CONVENTION AGREED RULES OF WAR ! They deliberately execute our guys and murder innocent women and children as such savages they should be executed on the spot when captured! And that indicates to me that they deserve to have none of Geneva protections extended to their murdering asses! The sooner Americans adopt the attitude Americans had during WW2 the better off we will be! There was none of this special coddling bullshit back then ! Did we coddle when we firebombed Dresden or we A-bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki? IMHO you overlook way to much.... Go to one of the sites that still have videos of these bastards sawing off the heads of their victims! I have and its an eye opener . Anybody refusing to see that truth has no room to ever talk about how BADLY any of those scum are ever treated IMHO! -Tyr

aboutime
08-09-2013, 12:38 PM
This is nothing more than one more step toward the destruction, and disintegration of our Military, from all angles.

Anyone who doesn't see, or wish to recognize what is taking place. Simply has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to such things, and the connections to our military.

If this is what you want. Go for it.

Obama and company are handing it to America on their SILVER PLATTER OF HATRED.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by logroller http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=657037#post657037)
Really!!??? This while our military busts ass catering to every religious aspect of Islam for the prisoners in Quatmo?? Our military supplies them with Korans untouched by infidel hands, prayer rugs, special food, etc.!!! I don't buy into the military regulation bullshit for a damn second. For the military breaks regulation all the time making exceptions for these GD SCUM MURDERING ISLAMIC SCUM!!!!!!!! Look at the special treatment that murdering bastard that murdered those unarmed soldiers at Fort Hood gets!! Truth is the GD scum should all be shot and no prisoners taken IMHO.... THEY FIGHT IGNORING ALL THE GENEVA CONVENTION AGREED RULES OF WAR ! They deliberately execute our guys and murder innocent women and children as such savages they should be executed on the spot when captured! And that indicates to me that they deserve to have none of Geneva protections extended to their murdering asses! The sooner Americans adopt the attitude Americans had during WW2 the better off we will be! There was none of this special coddling bullshit back then ! Did we coddle when we firebombed Dresden or we A-bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki? IMHO you overlook way to much.... Go to one of the sites that still have videos of these bastards sawing off the heads of their victims! I have and its an eye opener . Anybody refusing to see that truth has no room to ever talk about how BADLY any of those scum are ever treated IMHO! -Tyr I want to add that I do not think your post was you defending Islam nor anything other than you rightly expressing the reality the way you see it. My rant was primarily aimed at the military and the American people for their blindness in dealing with the true threat of Islam and the PC agenda being applied to the Christians while the ole blind eye is turned to the muslims. Upon reading my post this afternoon I felt the need to clarify my rant . My blade came out and did not find its true target . -Tyr

logroller
08-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I want to add that I do not think your post was you defending Islam nor anything other than you rightly expressing the reality the way you see it. My rant was primarily aimed at the military and the American people for their blindness in dealing with the true threat of Islam and the PC agenda being applied to the Christians while the ole blind eye is turned to the muslims. Upon reading my post this afternoon I felt the need to clarify my rant . My blade came out and did not find its true target . -Tyr

No harm no foul. You just missed the mark-- the lady's comments were about gays and her CO seemingly accepting them, not Muslims.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2013, 08:31 PM
No harm no foul. You just missed the mark-- the lady's comments were about gays and her CO seemingly accepting them, not Muslims. Yes but my rant was about her Christian comments and the different way muslims are treated when compared to Christians even in the military. So yes I missed the mark in the defined topic but did hit it in regards to the ever expanding PCness in our military. I await the first time a Islamic religious leader in the military is treated in the same way. Just look at how much they overlooked in regards to the Islamic religious beliefs and words the Fort Hood shooter was typing /sending , even sending to a known terrorists. Where the hell was that guys reprimand? Where was any action taken that may have stopped his murders before he rampaged on all those unarmed people! Her comments on gays bringing a threat from her CO WHERE PALE IN COMPARISON to the words the Major was sending in numerous internet notes to Islamic religious leaders and even a known terrorist. The military treats the two cases very differently, the major got by with tons more serious comments! I wanted that distinction made and shown that the military breaks regulations to excuse muslims but not Christians!! -Tyr

aboutime
08-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes but my rant was about her Christian comments and the different way muslims are treated when compared to Christians even in the military. So yes I missed the mark in the defined topic but did hit it in regards to the ever expanding PCness in our military. I await the first time a Islamic religious leader in the military is treated in the same way. Just look at how much they overlooked in regards to the Islamic religious beliefs and words the Fort Hood shooter was typing /sending , even sending to a known terrorists. Where the hell was that guys reprimand? Where was any action taken that may have stopped his murders before he rampaged on all those unarmed people! Her comments on gays bringing a threat from her CO WHERE PALE IN COMPARISON to the words the Major was sending in numerous internet notes to Islamic religious leaders and even a known terrorist. The military treats the two cases very differently, the major got by with tons more serious comments! I wanted that distinction made and shown that the military breaks regulations to excuse muslims but not Christians!! -Tyr

Tyr. Back in the mid-80's, when I was still on active duty aboard ship. I had two Devout Muslim men in uniform who demanded they be treated as THEIR RELIGIOUS beliefs specified. And, from the CO on down. Those two men were given preferential treatment...in order NOT TO MAKE WAVES (pardon the pun), and keep the EEOC out of our hair. It was a very new system being introduced into the military at the time, and those two men took FULL ADVANTAGE of it.
Had I, or anyone else confronted them for blatant disregard for military law, standards, and the UCMJ. I, or others would have been brought before CAPTAIN'S MAST....a shipboard, internal court proceeding where the Commanding Officer decides what punishment to dole out to members of the crew.
In other words. Even back then. We had to tread lightly, or feel the wrath of MUSLIM Justice...American style.

logroller
08-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes but my rant was about her Christian comments and the different way muslims are treated when compared to Christians even in the military. So yes I missed the mark in the defined topic but did hit it in regards to the ever expanding PCness in our military. I await the first time a Islamic religious leader in the military is treated in the same way. Just look at how much they overlooked in regards to the Islamic religious beliefs and words the Fort Hood shooter was typing /sending , even sending to a known terrorists. Where the hell was that guys reprimand? Where was any action taken that may have stopped his murders before he rampaged on all those unarmed people! Her comments on gays bringing a threat from her CO WHERE PALE IN COMPARISON to the words the Major was sending in numerous internet notes to Islamic religious leaders and even a known terrorist. The military treats the two cases very differently, the major got by with tons more serious comments! I wanted that distinction made and shown that the military breaks regulations to excuse muslims but not Christians!! -Tyr
I'm going to guess that the major's CO, or whoever overlooked the warning signs, such as his communications with terrorists, did receive a reprimand.* Hasan is up for court martial, facing the death penalty.
-----* Yep. 9 in fact-- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/11/us/11brfs-army.html?_r=0
but again, though it may not be as severe, it still must be punished. You wouldn't empty out your ex-wife's bank account and say, "well oj got away with murdering his ex-wife, so this should be dismissed. "

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm going to guess that the major's CO, or whoever overlooked the warning signs, such as his communications with terrorists, did receive a reprimand.* Hasan is up for court martial, facing the death penalty.
-----* Yep. 9 in fact-- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/11/us/11brfs-army.html?_r=0
but again, though it may not be as severe, it still must be punished. You wouldn't empty out your ex-wife's bank account and say, "well oj got away with murdering his ex-wife, so this should be dismissed. " I am not denying military regulations need to be enforced. I am pointing out the PCness that allowed for the murdering Islamic major to be IGNORED FOR SO LONG yet this Christian was pounced on immediately. And done so in defense of another so-called minority(gays) while the major was excused because being muslim (a minority). Hell, when there is no justice, no fairness in our military how can there be in civilian life where the politicians rule? The military has allowed PCNESS to destroy it's discipline. Allowed politicians to destroy its strength by experimenting with diversity and social engineering within the military! By God, we must go back to our military being about creating the best and toughest American soldier it can! To hell with all this weakening, so-called equality creating, Federal gov. bullshat! We are to train people to blow up things and kill people(that's war) not to play feely , touching sex games and damn PC idiocy!! Gays have already this soon caused a problem by the dumbass requirement to protect them against somebody calling their damn perversion exactly what it is = a damn perversion! Read Aboutimes post of this "special status" crap back in the 80's with those two muslims!!!! -Tyr

Kathianne
08-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I am not denying military regulations need to be enforced. I am pointing out the PCness that allowed for the murdering Islamic major to be IGNORED FOR SO LONG yet this Christian was pounced on immediately. And done so in defense of another so-called minority(gays) while the major was excused because being muslim (a minority). Hell, when there is no justice, no fairness in our military how can there be in civilian life where the politicians rule? The military has allowed PCNESS to destroy it's discipline. Allowed politicians to destroy its strength by experimenting with diversity and social engineering within the military! By God, we must go back to our military being about creating the best and toughest American soldier it can! To hell with all this weakening, so-called equality creating, Federal gov. bullshat! We are to train people to blow up things and kill people(that's war) not to play feely , touching sex games and damn PC idiocy!! Gays have already this soon caused a problem by the dumbass requirement to protect them against somebody calling their damn perversion exactly what it is = a damn perversion! Read Aboutimes post of this "special status" crap back in the 80's with those two muslims!!!! -Tyr

Here's the thing Tyr, laws are what govern us and in this case, it's a mess. I went to the link from LR, abbreviated to say the least, but puts an exclamation on the lack of background beyond Hasan not wanting to be deployed.

I'm quite certain there is more there, hopefully it will come out, as is obvious.

logroller
08-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Here's the thing Tyr, laws are what govern us and in this case, it's a mess. I went to the link from LR, abbreviated to say the least, but puts an exclamation on the lack of background beyond Hasan not wanting to be deployed.

I'm quite certain there is more there, hopefully it will come out, as is obvious.
heres more on the reprimands
Saying that although no single event directly led to the tragedy, Army Secretary John McHugh found that certain officers failed to meet expected standards, an Army statement said Thursday. The officers - all lieutenant or above - will receive punishments ranging from an oral reprimand to the far more serious written letter of censure that is considered a career-ender. http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2011/Mar/10/army-reprimands-9-officers-in-fort-hood-shooting/
hasan said more than just his not wanting to be deployed. Ibid-
In one episode, Hasan reportedly gave a class presentation questioning whether the U.S.-led war on terror was actually a war on Islam. And fellow students said he suggested that Shariah, or Islamic law, trumped the Constitution, and that he also attempted to justify suicide bombings.

as to the laws being a mess, emphasis is mine
Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, said the Defense Department "failed to act on Hasan's obvious radicalization by either disciplining him or discharging him - actions that could have been taken under existing personnel and extremism policies. Hasan's increasing extremism was well known to his supervisors and colleagues at Walter Reed as was his poor performance."