PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida Gloats Over Middle East Embassy Closures

Jeff
08-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Of course they are, Obama showed just how weak we are , how we will cave to threats, we should of beefed up security and stayed open, WE DON'T RUN FROM TERRORIST

The Obama administration's decision Sunday to shutter nearly two dozen U.S. diplomatic posts has given jihadists something to celebrate: a sense that America still sees them as a serious threat.

Despite the plot being thwarted, many supporters of al-Qaida and other terror groups believe the very fact that President Barack Obama was forced to shutter embassies, consulates, and posts throughout the Middle East and Africa — most through Saturday — was a victory in itself, according to The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/08/world/caustic-light-on-response-to-a-threat-of-terrorism.html?hp).

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/alqaida-embassy-closures-gloats/2013/08/08/id/519429?s=al&promo_code=14759-1#ixzz2bTR1BUzJ

Gaffer
08-09-2013, 08:36 AM
It's not we that are caving, it's just him. And I still think it was just a lot of chatter to do exactly what was done. There was no imminent attack coming. No attack and they still closed down over 20 embassies. Complete success.

Drummond
08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Worse, though, is what the likes of Al Qaeda can do with all this. A display of perceived weakness can be 'played', to not only convince terrorists that it's a weakness to be exploited .. but it can also become a recruiting tool.

How many future terrorists, launching future attacks, might be attributable to a new-found belief in an ability to win out ?

This kind of thing sends the worst of messages. The correct thing to do would've been to send a 'we will meet you head on' message, and beef up security.

By the way, I may be British, but there's definitely no smugness in my criticism .. and not least because our OWN authorities in the UK have resorted to embassy closures as well. Yes, we're just as lily-livered a bunch of weaklings as Obama apparently is ...

aboutime
08-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Of course they are, Obama showed just how weak we are , how we will cave to threats, we should of beefed up security and stayed open, WE DON'T RUN FROM TERRORIST

The Obama administration's decision Sunday to shutter nearly two dozen U.S. diplomatic posts has given jihadists something to celebrate: a sense that America still sees them as a serious threat.

Despite the plot being thwarted, many supporters of al-Qaida and other terror groups believe the very fact that President Barack Obama was forced to shutter embassies, consulates, and posts throughout the Middle East and Africa — most through Saturday — was a victory in itself, according to The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/08/world/caustic-light-on-response-to-a-threat-of-terrorism.html?hp).

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/alqaida-embassy-closures-gloats/2013/08/08/id/519429?s=al&promo_code=14759-1#ixzz2bTR1BUzJ

Jeff. Hope you don't mind a slight correction to your statement above. But Obama did not show how weak WE, THE USA is, only how weak, and near cowardly Obama truly is in almost everything he pretends..is so wonderful.

jafar00
08-10-2013, 08:01 AM
It must be said, it is obvious who is winning the "war on terror". AQ has you all scared of your own shadows.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2013, 08:09 AM
It must be said, it is obvious who is winning the "war on terror". AQ has you all scared of your own shadows. A perfect example of what Obama truly wanted to get out of doing this. You , a muslim, just showed for all to see exactly the kind of thinking Obama wanted to instill in his muslim brothers ..the moral boost he just gave all our enemies, the tremendous recruiting tool he just gifted them with!.. I've meant it absolutely every time previously when I stated our worst enemy is our current President! And it's true ... --Tyr

Drummond
08-10-2013, 01:32 PM
It must be said, it is obvious who is winning the "war on terror". AQ has you all scared of your own shadows.

Tyr's posted the perfect answer to you. He's absolutely spot on.

My only comment is to acknowledge the evident gloating in your comment. THIS, Jafar, says volumes for the truth.

Many of us have the decency to revile terrorist savagery in all its forms and manifestations. By contrast, Jafar, you find excuses to support Hamas ... and, now, to gloat about what you see to be true for the War on Terror.

You are quite a piece of work, Jafar.

Drummond
08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
A perfect example of what Obama truly wanted to get out of doing this. You , a muslim, just showed for all to see exactly the kind of thinking Obama wanted to instill in his muslim brothers ..the moral boost he just gave all our enemies, the tremendous recruiting tool he just gifted them with!.. I've meant it absolutely every time previously when I stated our worst enemy is our current President! And it's true ... --Tyr

Yet again .... :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

jafar00
08-10-2013, 02:36 PM

My only comment is to acknowledge the evident gloating in your comment. THIS, Jafar, says volumes for the truth.

Many of us have the decency to revile terrorist savagery in all its forms and manifestations. By contrast, Jafar, you find excuses to support Hamas ... and, now, to gloat about what you see to be true for the War on Terror.

I didn't gloat. I wouldn't gloat for those animals. I just pointed out the obvious.

aboutime
08-10-2013, 06:29 PM

So, jafar. You finally expose yourself as an AQ propagandist????? The only shadows we are scared of, that make you so happy. Are people just like you. Who smile, hold out you hand in friendship, while holding a BUTCHER knife behind your back. Waiting to yell ALLAH AKBAR.

jafar00
08-11-2013, 03:40 PM
So, jafar. You finally expose yourself as an AQ propagandist????? The only shadows we are scared of, that make you so happy. Are people just like you. Who smile, hold out you hand in friendship, while holding a BUTCHER knife behind your back. Waiting to yell ALLAH AKBAR.

No. You (USA) are the AQ propagandist. Giving them so much news coverage empowers them to spread their message of hate and murder. You (the CIA) created them. You (US media) continue to make them infamous which is everything a terrorist aspires to.

The best thing to do would have been to deal with them quietly, but noooo, you had to make it the issue of the 21st century and have a bogus war on terror. 99% of the world never heard of them before 2001.

Gaffer
08-11-2013, 06:16 PM
No. You (USA) are the AQ propagandist. Giving them so much news coverage empowers them to spread their message of hate and murder. You (the CIA) created them. You (US media) continue to make them infamous which is everything a terrorist aspires to.

The best thing to do would have been to deal with them quietly, but noooo, you had to make it the issue of the 21st century and have a bogus war on terror. 99% of the world never heard of them before 2001.

You sure didn't give much thought to that answer did you jafar. Grabbing at whatever straw you can there huh? You should have left your answer at NO.

Do I really have to go over who created AQ again and explain how news stations, around the world, work. Not to mention you still have a hard time grasping freedom of speech.

aboutime
08-11-2013, 07:14 PM

THANK YOU jafar. You just managed to sum up all of your previous false statments with your words of pure hatred for America, Americans, and your disguise has failed.
By the way. The only BOGUS you are capable of talking about here is...YOUR BOGUS ability to lie, and believe it as fact.
Thank You. We no longer need to ask about your False Prophet tactics. You just let them all....slip.

Drummond
08-11-2013, 08:29 PM

RUBBISH.

In case you missed it, Jafar, Al Qaeda regularly used Al Jazeera for their hate messages. Now, even ignoring the fact that Al Jazeera is NOT AMERICAN, that station reaches many parts of the world .. and most certainly my own.

Even if it didn't, there are many non-American news agencies that would carry news items which Al Jazeera cover .. if Al Jazeera were doing something newsworthy, it would receive coverage elsewhere.

I'm sure we all know what Gaffer would tell you about the CIA not creating Al Qaeda. Since that's the case, my only question to this is to ask why you're intent on spewing anti-American propaganda our way.

You think Al Qaeda needed to be dealt with 'quietly' ? Just HOW do you imagine that could've been done ? Should they have dropped 'quiet' bombs on their training camps ? Or sneaked up on them on tiptoe ??

Should there have been a news blackout on anything to do with fighting them ? Just how much capital do you think Al Qaeda would've gained from THAT ? There'd be accusations made from propagandist lies about 'secrecy', or 'stealth' ... lies told about America's need for it.

And perhaps, in being 'quiet', America should've then minimised its call for support from allies ? H'mm ? Would you have liked that, Jafar ?

Perhaps, yes, 99 percent of the world had never heard of Al Qaeda before 2001. But it wasn't AMERICA which caused them to be well known - rather, it was AL QAEDA'S OWN ATTACKING ACTIONS WHICH BROUGHT THEM TO THE WORLD'S ATTENTION.

Maybe America should've somehow kept it all 'secret' ... ?

No, Jafar, you're indulging in a load of nonsense, moreover, it's anti-American nonsense. AMERICA WAS ATTACKED, AND RESPONDED TO THAT ATTACK IN A TOTALLY PROPER WAY. IN A CIVILISED WORLD, A PROPER RESPONSE IS TO WAGE A WAR ON TERROR.

.... AND WIN.

jafar00
08-11-2013, 08:33 PM
You sure didn't give much thought to that answer did you jafar. Grabbing at whatever straw you can there huh? You should have left your answer at NO.

Do I really have to go over who created AQ again and explain how news stations, around the world, work. Not to mention you still have a hard time grasping freedom of speech.

What is untrue about what I said? Giving a platform for terrorists to let everyone know what they are doing empowers them!

aboutime
08-11-2013, 09:57 PM
What is untrue about what I said? Giving a platform for terrorists to let everyone know what they are doing empowers them!

jafar. Here in the U.S. Most of us aren't afraid to Honestly Identify the enemy. Unlike our pretender-in-chief who is still trying to convince himself, and the millions who fell for his dishonesty, that there are no more Terrorists to threaten HIM...since he single-handedly took out OBL by directing Seal Team Six from his secure, safe, VOTER FREE hidden office behind tv screens.

Obama has never volunteered to offer a platform for terrorists when it's just so easy to pretend THEY DON'T EXIST.
Once again. You are still bragging about your own Propaganda program, waving Hello with One hand, and hiding the MACHETE behind your back in the other.

jafar00
08-11-2013, 10:15 PM
jafar. Here in the U.S. Most of us aren't afraid to Honestly Identify the enemy. Unlike our pretender-in-chief who is still trying to convince himself, and the millions who fell for his dishonesty, that there are no more Terrorists to threaten HIM...since he single-handedly took out OBL by directing Seal Team Six from his secure, safe, VOTER FREE hidden office behind tv screens.

Obama has never volunteered to offer a platform for terrorists when it's just so easy to pretend THEY DON'T EXIST.
Once again. You are still bragging about your own Propaganda program, waving Hello with One hand, and hiding the MACHETE behind your back in the other.

I still say they should have been quietly dispatched and not given any publicity.

And BTW, I follow my religion. I wouldn't try to stab you unless you tried to stab me first. :p

DragonStryk72
08-12-2013, 12:06 AM

Wow guys, he agrees with you, and you still rip in to him. Dear God, why? What can it possibly aid to destroy people are saying the same thing you are saying?

Yeah, closing the bases was a stupid move. It gave legitimacy to the new AQ, which desperately needed it after losing Osama and Afghanistan to us. This is even worse after Obama stated publicly that AQ was no longer relevant, or a threat. Well, he just proved them wrong, cause clearly he does think they're a threat, a big enough threat to run off instead of using our forces that over there to secure the locations.

red states rule
08-12-2013, 02:37 AM

We are not the ones who use unarmed civilians as human shields

We do not use women and kids as homicide bombers

We do not target schools, hospitals, or pizza joints as targets to simply murder as many people as possible

No terrorist bastards, and assholes like you who make excuses for them, are the real cowards.

Drummond
08-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Wow guys, he agrees with you, and you still rip in to him. Dear God, why? What can it possibly aid to destroy people are saying the same thing you are saying?

Yeah, closing the bases was a stupid move. It gave legitimacy to the new AQ, which desperately needed it after losing Osama and Afghanistan to us. This is even worse after Obama stated publicly that AQ was no longer relevant, or a threat. Well, he just proved them wrong, cause clearly he does think they're a threat, a big enough threat to run off instead of using our forces that over there to secure the locations.

Read his posts again. He's taking an anti-American line in them. Further, Jafar claims to be anti-terrorist (e.g Al Qaeda), yet supports Hamas, whose very reason for being is to terrorise. More still, he's claimed that the CIA is responsible for Al Qaeda !! DragonStryk, Jafar evidently has his pro-Muslim agenda.

red states rule
08-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Read his posts again. He's taking an anti-American line in them. Further, Jafar claims to be anti-terrorist (e.g Al Qaeda), yet supports Hamas, whose very reason for being is to terrorise. More still, he's claimed that the CIA is responsible for Al Qaeda !! DragonStryk, Jafar evidently has his pro-Muslim agenda.

Jafar is a piece of trash

And I hereby formally apologize to all pieces of trash from comparing you to a lower life form like Jafar

Gaffer
08-12-2013, 09:13 AM

All of it. First of all, the CIA did not create AQ. The brotherhood did. As they created hamas and all the others.

You can't keep global conflicts secret, even when you have the media in your pocket. Our media announced troop movements and plans so AQ could respond because they wanted to undermine the Bush administration. Now days they release what the current DiC wants released, to undermine our military. Then there is the AQ network al jazera, we all all know who's side they're on.

What needs to be done is stop worrying about offending muslims and start treating this war as what it is...a war with islam. Instead of making excuses people like you should be calling for jihad against the jihadies. Create a go for broke battalion. But that will never happen so the best we can hope for is the complete eradication of islam.

DragonStryk72
08-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Read his posts again. He's taking an anti-American line in them. Further, Jafar claims to be anti-terrorist (e.g Al Qaeda), yet supports Hamas, whose very reason for being is to terrorize. More still, he's claimed that the CIA is responsible for Al Qaeda !! DragonStryk, Jafar evidently has his pro-Muslim agenda.

Gee, y'think he's pro-Muslim? Like you're maybe pro-Christian, a bunch of people are pro-Republican on here, and I'm pro-Libertarian? Holy crap!!! Now, do you agree with every Christian, including the mormons who live on polygamist compounds, and are using the bible to prop themselves up over others, or the Westboro Baptist Church? No, of course not. No sane, rational being believes that every member of a religion walks in lock step.

Your version of "support" is basically, "Doesn't actively piss and shit on" for everyone else. Even then, you guys are the ones who continue to bash him, even in threads where it's not the topic, or like here, when he's agreeing with you. I mean, God forbid someone try to debate, here at debatepolicy. I mean, who wants to actually debate politics and such? You do realize that, for a debate, you need an opposing viewpoint, right? Otherwise, its just a bunch of guys agreeing with one another.

Yeah, he plays devil's advocate a bit, and wants to believe that Hamas is changing (horribly naive in my opinion, but whatever.), but that's like if the Westboro Baptist Church said they wanted to come down off the lunatic fringe ledge. While we'll still remember that these were the assholes who were disrupting military funerals and such, as Christians, we'd be generally well-inclined to give them benefit of the doubt.

Seeing some good in a group that does bad things does not make you one of them, or else Jesus was a tax collecting, pharisee prostitute. And has he supported Hamas's actions, or is it actually that he's pointed out that Israel has some to answer for in the conflict? While I support Israel's right to exist, I don't believe they're blameless, either, just like my little brother wasn't blameless when we'd get into fights, smaller or not. From every post he's made about Hamas, if you're not looking to pillory the man out of the gate, it looks like he wants to believe that they're changing, not that he approves of anything they've done.

Marcus Aurelius
08-12-2013, 10:54 AM

must make you all giddy inside, huh.

jafar00
08-12-2013, 02:53 PM

If you look back, I have many doctrinal differences with Hamas. On religion, they score very lowly. I only support the political view of resistance against a brutal occupier. Israel should not get a free ticket to terrorise.

All of it. First of all, the CIA did not create AQ. The brotherhood did. As they created hamas and all the others.

You can't keep global conflicts secret, even when you have the media in your pocket. Our media announced troop movements and plans so AQ could respond because they wanted to undermine the Bush administration. Now days they release what the current DiC wants released, to undermine our military. Then there is the AQ network al jazera, we all all know who's side they're on.

What needs to be done is stop worrying about offending muslims and start treating this war as what it is...a war with islam. Instead of making excuses people like you should be calling for jihad against the jihadies. Create a go for broke battalion. But that will never happen so the best we can hope for is the complete eradication of islam.

The "jihadies" are against Islam so a war against Islam is going to miss the target.

On AQ...

<big>CIA created al-Qaeda and gave $3 BILLION to Osama bin Laden

</big>http://www.theinsider.org/img/black.gifThe US government trained, armed, funded and supported Osama bin Laden and his followers in Afghanistan during the cold war. With a huge investment of $3,000,000,000 (three billion US dollars), the CIA effectively created and nurtured bin Laden's al-Qaeda terrorist network using American tax-payers money. Afghanistan is one of the world's poorest countries, where such an enormous sum sum of money would have had extraordinary value.

BBC news article:
"...Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia in 1979 to fight
against the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The
Afghan jihad was backed with American dollars
and had the blessing of the governments of Saudi
Arabia and Pakistan. He received security
training from the CIA itself."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/155236.stm

Forbes business information service article:
"...[Osama bin Laden] received military and
financial assistance from the intelligence services
of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the United States."

http://www.forbes.com/charitable/2001/09/14/0914whoisobl.html

ABC News article:
"In the 1980s, bin Laden left his comfortable
Saudi home for Afghanistan to participate in the
Afghan jihad, or holy war, against the invading
forces of the Soviet Union - a cause that,
ironically, the United States funded, pouring
$3 billion into the Afghan resistance via the CIA."

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/binladen_profile.htmlhttp://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=0228

$3 Billion is a lot of cash.

Gee, y'think he's pro-Muslim? Like you're maybe pro-Christian, a bunch of people are pro-Republican on here, and I'm pro-Libertarian? Holy crap!!! Now, do you agree with every Christian, including the mormons who live on polygamist compounds, and are using the bible to prop themselves up over others, or the Westboro Baptist Church? No, of course not. No sane, rational being believes that every member of a religion walks in lock step.

Your version of "support" is basically, "Doesn't actively piss and shit on" for everyone else. Even then, you guys are the ones who continue to bash him, even in threads where it's not the topic, or like here, when he's agreeing with you. I mean, God forbid someone try to debate, here at debatepolicy. I mean, who wants to actually debate politics and such? You do realize that, for a debate, you need an opposing viewpoint, right? Otherwise, its just a bunch of guys agreeing with one another.

Yeah, he plays devil's advocate a bit, and wants to believe that Hamas is changing (horribly naive in my opinion, but whatever.), but that's like if the Westboro Baptist Church said they wanted to come down off the lunatic fringe ledge. While we'll still remember that these were the assholes who were disrupting military funerals and such, as Christians, we'd be generally well-inclined to give them benefit of the doubt.

Seeing some good in a group that does bad things does not make you one of them, or else Jesus was a tax collecting, pharisee prostitute. And has he supported Hamas's actions, or is it actually that he's pointed out that Israel has some to answer for in the conflict? While I support Israel's right to exist, I don't believe they're blameless, either, just like my little brother wasn't blameless when we'd get into fights, smaller or not. From every post he's made about Hamas, if you're not looking to pillory the man out of the gate, it looks like he wants to believe that they're changing, not that he approves of anything they've done.

Thanks for understanding! On religion I give Hamas a fail.

Gaffer
08-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Wow the BBC and ABC, now there is a couple of unbiased sources.

The hamas political view is that Israel should be wiped out. Their political view is that they should shoot rockets and plant bombs in Israel. The religious aspect is to keep the people in line with the politics. It seems you fall in line as well, which is why I and so many others have no respect for you.

hamas is a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION. Their very charter calls for the eradication of Israel and all the Jews. Leaving islam aside this is their political goal and you support it. It's also the goal of the brotherhood and all the arab countries. Why? Because what once belonged to islam now belongs to the hated Jews. islam wants it back.

It really is that simple.

red states rule
08-13-2013, 03:02 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz081213dAPR20130812104512.jpg

red states rule
08-13-2013, 03:05 AM
must make you all giddy inside, huh.

You are correct on that one Marcus

Jafar sits by a roaring fire, enjoying the "fear" Obama has for those "freedom fighters". Jafar then tosses another Jew on the fire, sits back, and reads the Quran