PDA

View Full Version : Will Obamacare Be Used To Punish Gun Owners?

Jeff
08-09-2013, 07:39 AM
This Obamacare is bad news for all but what the heck does you owning or not owning a gun have to do with healthcare, Nothing other than it is a good way for the Government to find out who has guns , I was asked at one point on a form I was filling out for a Doctor and simple put N/A and they never questioned me but this is just crazy , I was also asked at a Hospital I was having a procedure done in if I ever had done illegal drugs and I asked EVER ? and the nurse said yes , again I said you mean way back when I was 18 and again she said yes, so I told her I smoked pot but never inhaled

The issue before the court is whether a patient’s right to privacy and protection from doctors who ask inappropriate political questions about what firearms are in the family home trumps the health care providers’ rights to ask and to keep records of whatever they want. The Firearm Owners Privacy Act, which Gov. Rick Scott signed into law in June 2011, says that doctors should not ask families about whether they own guns. But if they choose to do so, and a patient feels the doctor has harassed or discriminated against them, he can file a complaint with the medical board so that the doctor’s peers can decide if the accusation is legitimate… The issue came about after repeated cases surfaced of children being asked by doctors if there was a gun in the home. During the legislative process, one mother said her pediatrician refused to continue treating her child if she did not respond to questions about firearms at home. A family reported being told that it was “a Medicaid necessity … to answer a firearms question.” Some parents said they were asked to leave the examining room so that the doctor could force their child to inform on them in secret.
Read more at http://lastresistance.com/2980/will-obamacare-be-used-to-punish-gun-owners/#KD95mYPMH6B7p2xM.99