PDA

View Full Version : Woman sees man with gun, so runs over him with her car. Police will not charge her

Little-Acorn
08-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Looks like you'd better be careful around Pittsburgh. If you are carrying a gun, a citizen can decide you're probably going to rob or shoot someone, and can run over you with their car, just in case.

A woman did exactly that to a man who was walking along carrying what looked like a shotgun. Police have stated that they will not charge her for running over him.

I guess the 2nd amendment says you can keep and bear arms. It doesn't say people are forbidden to run over you if you do it. Of course, the Framers didn't know about cars in 1791.......

Why do I get the feeling there's more to this story?

BTW, the "gun" turns out to be an Airsoft fake gun, that only shoots little plastic pellets.

Oops.

----------------------------------------------------

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/09/police-aliquippa-woman-thwarts-robbery-by-running-over-suspect/

Police: Aliquippa Woman Thwarts Robbery By Running Over Suspect

Reporting Christine D’Antonio
August 9, 2013 2:49 PM

ALIQUIPPA (KDKA) – Police say a Beaver County woman may have thwarted a robbery, by running over a suspect with her car.

It happened in the 2100 block of McMinn Street in Aliquippa. Aliquippa police say a witness saw Cameron White walking down a street carrying what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun. She called police, but noticed that White was heading in the direction of a group of children.

Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.

White was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police believe he was actually going to rob the Circle K mini-mart down the road and that she may have prevented the robbery.

They say White was carrying an airsoft pellet gun which had been sawed off to look like a shotgun, and the orange tip had been taken off.

The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.

Little-Acorn
08-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Looks like the gun-haters are finally getting what they want. If a man simply carries a gun, he can now be considered a criminal.

And not just a criminal, but a criminal engage in an actual crime. Citizens are now allowed to respond with deadly force, which is what assaulting someone with a 2-ton automobile is.

And the cops won't even CHARGE the driver with anything.

Oh brave new world, that has such people in it.

Jeff
08-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Looks like you'd better be careful around Pittsburgh. If you are carrying a gun, a citizen can decide you're probably going to rob or shoot someone, and can run over you with their car, just in case.

A woman did exactly that to a man who was walking along carrying what looked like a shotgun. Police have stated that they will not charge her for running over him.

I guess the 2nd amendment says you can keep and bear arms. It doesn't say people are forbidden to run over you if you do it. Of course, the Framers didn't know about cars in 1791.......

BTW, the "gun" turns out to be an Airsoft fake gun, that only shoots little plastic pellets.

Oops.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/09/police-aliquippa-woman-thwarts-robbery-by-running-over-suspect/

ALIQUIPPA (KDKA) – Police say a Beaver County woman may have thwarted a robbery, by running over a suspect with her car.

It happened in the 2100 block of McMinn Street in Aliquippa. Aliquippa police say a witness saw Cameron White walking down a street carrying what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun. She called police, but noticed that White was heading in the direction of a group of children.

Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.

White was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police believe he was actually going to rob the Circle K mini-mart down the road and that she may have prevented the robbery.

They say White was carrying an airsoft pellet gun which had been sawed off to look like a shotgun, and the orange tip had been taken off.

The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.

Down in the south here especially in SC on any given Saturday you see people walking around with shot guns all the time as they are on dog drives, or you may see them with rifles as someone dropped them off near there stand, and yes most have a pistol on there side , sure am glad I don't live in Pittsburgh

Larrymc
08-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Oops.

The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.Call me what you must, but I've got to say, the gunman obviously was not black.

Little-Acorn
08-09-2013, 06:49 PM
The original article has been updated, with some new info that puts a completely different cast on the event.

1.) The woman first stopped and yelled at the guy, telling him to leave the kids alone, and

2.) The guy turned and pointed the "gun" at her.

THEN she floored it and ran over the guy.

The gun looked like a real one with no orange tip, even though it was a fake Airsoft. She was within reason to assume it was real. And when he pointed it at her, she was also within reason to assume he might shoot her; and so she was right to defend herself by hitting him with her car.

Click on the link in the OP, and you'll see the new info that's been added. The original had a time stamp of 2:49PM. Now it says 5:58PM.

I wonder why such important info was left out of the original article?