PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe-- 'Angel' priest visits Missouri accident scene

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/angel-crash-missouri/2630227/ Melanie Eversley, USA TODAY 11:04 a.m. EDT August 8, 2013A mystery priest who suddenly appeared at a Mo. accident scene is being called an angel. Emergency workers and community members in eastern Missouri are not sure what to make of a mystery priest who showed up at a critical accident scene Sunday morning and whose prayer seemed to change life-threatening events for the positive.
Even odder, the black-garbed priest does not appear in any of the nearly 70 photos of the scene of the accident in which a 19-year-old girl almost died. No one knows the priest and he vanished without a word, said Raymond Reed, fire chief of New London, Mo.
"I think it's a miracle," Reed said. "I would say whether it was an angel that was sent to us in the form of a priest or a priest that became our angel, I don't know. Either way, I'm good with it." ------------------------
The silver-haired priest in his 50s or 60s in black pants, black shirt and black collar with visible white insert stepped forward from nowhere. It struck Reed as odd because the street was blocked off 2 miles from the scene and no one from the nearby communities recognized him.
"We're all local people from four different towns," Reed said. "We've only got one Catholic church out of three towns and it wasn't their priest."
Reed and the other emergency workers were on their knees. The priest of about medium build, maybe 6-feet-tall, stood above them.
"This priest approached Katie and began to pray openly with her," Reed said. "He had a bottle of anointing oil with him and he used that."
Another firefighter who had been watching said it appeared as if the priest also sprinkled Reed and two other emergency workers nearby with oil.
Everything happened quickly after that. Twenty emergency workers pulled together and sat the car upright, Churchill Lentz said. Katie Lentz's vital signs improved and a rescue team from a neighboring community suddenly appeared with fresh equipment and tools. Lentz was removed and rushed to the hospital.
With Lentz gone, the rescue team prepared to clean up, Reed said.
"We all go back to thank this priest and he's gone," he said.

jafar00
08-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Another firefighter who had been watching said it appeared as if the priest also sprinkled Reed and two other emergency workers nearby with oil.

I'm surprised he didn't get shot throwing oil on everyone at an accident scene ;)

Larrymc
08-10-2013, 02:49 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/angel-crash-missouri/2630227/ Melanie Eversley, USA TODAY 11:04 a.m. EDT August 8, 2013A mystery priest who suddenly appeared at a Mo. accident scene is being called an angel. Emergency workers and community members in eastern Missouri are not sure what to make of a mystery priest who showed up at a critical accident scene Sunday morning and whose prayer seemed to change life-threatening events for the positive.
Even odder, the black-garbed priest does not appear in any of the nearly 70 photos of the scene of the accident in which a 19-year-old girl almost died. No one knows the priest and he vanished without a word, said Raymond Reed, fire chief of New London, Mo.
"I think it's a miracle," Reed said. "I would say whether it was an angel that was sent to us in the form of a priest or a priest that became our angel, I don't know. Either way, I'm good with it." ------------------------
The silver-haired priest in his 50s or 60s in black pants, black shirt and black collar with visible white insert stepped forward from nowhere. It struck Reed as odd because the street was blocked off 2 miles from the scene and no one from the nearby communities recognized him.
"We're all local people from four different towns," Reed said. "We've only got one Catholic church out of three towns and it wasn't their priest."
Reed and the other emergency workers were on their knees. The priest of about medium build, maybe 6-feet-tall, stood above them.
"This priest approached Katie and began to pray openly with her," Reed said. "He had a bottle of anointing oil with him and he used that."
Everything happened quickly after that. Twenty emergency workers pulled together and sat the car upright, Churchill Lentz said. Katie Lentz's vital signs improved and a rescue team from a neighboring community suddenly appeared with fresh equipment and tools. Lentz was removed and rushed to the hospital.
With Lentz gone, the rescue team prepared to clean up, Reed said.
"We all go back to thank this priest and he's gone," he said.

Great story, and i absolutely believe it could have been an Angel.

Abbey Marie
08-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I can believe it. Great story either way.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2013, 03:34 PM
I can believe it. Great story either way. I believe it was an angel. --Tyr

Noir
08-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Well angel certainly seems the most obvious, probable, and reasonable explanation.

tailfins
08-10-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm surprised he didn't get shot throwing oil on everyone at an accident scene ;)

It's olive oil, not motor oil. Most people where Catholics or Pentecostals are common would surmise the person is engaging in a religious practice.

PostmodernProphet
08-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Well angel certainly seems the most obvious, probable, and reasonable explanation.

yup......you didn't expect him to just sit around doing nothing, did you?....

fj1200
08-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Miracle? Maybe. Angel? Apparently not.

'Guardian Angel' at Missouri Car Accident Identified (http://gma.yahoo.com/mystery-priest-missouri-car-accident-identified-115004220--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1)
The mystery priest who seemingly came from nowhere to pray with an accident victim at the scene of a head-on car crash in Missouri (http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/witnesses-claim-miracle-man-saved-car-crash-victim-19921630)has come forward to say that he was only doing the basic job of a priest and most of the credit goes to God, who "took such good care of" the injured woman.

Noir
08-13-2013, 12:53 PM

'Guardian Angel' at Missouri Car Accident Identified (http://gma.yahoo.com/mystery-priest-missouri-car-accident-identified-115004220--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1)

I am shocked!

Gaffer
08-13-2013, 02:30 PM
I am shocked!

I knew you would be.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-13-2013, 09:14 PM

So not an angel but the Catholic priest was at the right place at the right time. God used David to slay Goliath so his use of humans to do miraculous things is not unprecedented. We must remember that David was no angel but was used by God.. -Tyr