PDA

View Full Version : N.Y. police's 'stop-and-frisk' tactics violate rights, judge rules

Marcus Aurelius
08-12-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/12/us-usa-newyork-police-idUSBRE97B0FK20130812

suck it, Bloomy!

In a stinging rebuke to the Bloomberg administration, a federal judge ruled on Monday that the New York City Police's "stop and frisk" crime-fighting tactics violate the constitutional rights of minorities, despite claims by the mayor and police commissioner that it has driven down rates of violent crime.

U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin ruled that the police adopted a policy of "indirect racial profiling" by targeting racially defined groups for stops, resulting in the disproportionate, discriminatory stopping of tens of thousands of blacks and Hispanics, and that the city's highest officials "turned a blind eye" toward this result, she said.
"No one should live in fear of being stopped whenever he leaves his home to go about the activities of daily life," Scheindlin wrote in her opinion.

Gaffer
08-12-2013, 11:14 AM
It violates everyones rights not just minorities. These assholes need to get a clue, there are other people in this country besides minorities.

revelarts
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
It violates everyones rights not just minorities. These assholes need to get a clue, there are other people in this country besides minorities.

Exactly, if they can "target" Minorites they can target Christians, Jews, Gun shop browsers, conservative bumper stickers owners, men with baseball caps, etc etc. stop and frisk FOR NO REASON.

thanks Judge. Another small victory.

Gaffer
08-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Exactly, if they can "target" Minorites they can target Christians, Jews, Gun shop browsers, conservative bumper stickers owners, men with baseball caps, etc etc. stop and frisk FOR NO REASON.

thanks Judge. Another small victory.

I'm not ready to thank the judge, he specified minorities as opposed to everyone. Bloomingidiot is a petty dictator of a major city and nothing more. The stupid people of new york deserve him for putting him there and keeping him there. we need to make sure him and his silly ideas never get beyond the city limits.

hjmick
08-12-2013, 11:55 AM
What the hell took them so long?

Marcus Aurelius
08-12-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm not ready to thank the judge, he specified minorities as opposed to everyone. Bloomingidiot is a petty dictator of a major city and nothing more. The stupid people of new york deserve him for putting him there and keeping him there. we need to make sure him and his silly ideas never get beyond the city limits.

the decision applies to everyone, even though the judge only mentioned minorities. It's not like they can still stop and frisk non-minorities.

DragonStryk72
08-12-2013, 01:16 PM
You know, it's really sad that I resent the city of my birth so much these days, but between things like the soda ban and this, it's really hard not to. even just 10 years ago, if someone had said that these things were going to happen in America, let alone NYC, they'd have been written off with the tinfoil hat folks, and no more would've been said.

The libs don't even get that this is what we meant when we kept talking about government creep, but there it is.

Gaffer
08-12-2013, 01:36 PM
the decision applies to everyone, even though the judge only mentioned minorities. It's not like they can still stop and frisk non-minorities.

I know that dumbass. :poke:

I don't get to say that to you much so taking advantage of the opportunity.

hjmick
08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Now, if only we could get them to quit copping a feel at the airport...