PDA

View Full Version : Proposed federal rule could put ‘big brother’ in your driver’s seat

Jeff
08-13-2013, 06:18 AM
Just another way for the Government to know where and what you are doing at all times, they have been talking about these in the trucking industry for years and a lot of the big companies did install then as far as I know they aren't mandatory yet but I do know the company I last drove for got in trouble with the D.O.T. and they where forced ( or shall I say it was a suggestion they couldn't refuse ) to use them, they where called the tattle tales boxes because that is all they where used for, other companies pay you a bonus on them , ya plug them up each time you would fuel at the home terminal and it would take the info and if ya did everything right 95% of the time you would get your bonus ( of course the company wanted ya to run 800 miles a day which is impossible in a 12 hour period with loading and unloading included in there and not exceed 65 MPH )

A proposed federal rule that would require black boxes or event data recorders (EDRs) in every U.S. automobile may mean “Big Brother” could be in your passenger seat for every drive.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration rule requires all light passenger vehicles be equipped with an EDR by Sep.1, 2014. Ninety-six percent of new cars already have them – measuring such inputs as speed, lateral acceleration, pedal effort, seat belt use, wheel spin, steering wheel turn and direction

http://cowboybyte.com/23745/proposed-new-federal-rule-could-put-big-brother-in-your-drivers-seat/

revelarts
08-13-2013, 06:35 AM
it's for your safety Jeff!!
You know the Go'vt (and their corporations partners) just want to be like Santa Claus .
"..knows when you are sleeping, ...knows when you are wake.
Knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.
So you better not...shout..."

Jeff
08-13-2013, 06:51 AM
it's for your safety Jeff!!
You know the Go'vt (and their corporations partners) just want to be like Santa Claus .
"..knows when you are sleeping, ...knows when you are wake.
Knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake.
So you better not...shout..."

Rev we had a insurance company that would give a discount if ya put one in your car and drove at a certain level a certain % of the time ( I don't remember all the details ) so yes they can be used for safety but they usually never are if ever, the one I had in my personal truck messed up just like anyone I had ever had in a big truck did, seems when it was time to get your discount or to get your Bonus these things always quit working right and this was basically in the private sector wait until big brother gets involved

At one point they where going to help the Professional drivers ( most accidents involving a Big Truck and a car are usually the cars fault) so yes the D.O.T. tried to sell them on that fact that they would protect the drivers in case of a accident and again that went down hill so fast most of the newer drivers wouldn't even remember them.

But like I said some of the Big companies run them the trucks that in a 70 or 75 MPH zone that can only run 62 MPH and sit in the left lane or jump out in front of you as you are running 3 or 4 MPH over the posted speed limit yup those are the safe ones :laugh: think about that ( it happened to me just last night) I was running 74 MPH( in a posted 70 MPH) coming up to my exit and I came up on one of these trucks going slow , I had just passed the 1 mile warning sigh so I jumped in the left lane to go around but we where on a hill so just as I was passing this truck the one in front of him ( that was running 55 at best due to the hill ) jumped in the left lane to pass a even slower truck , needless to say I had all I could do to get off at my exit and not cause one of these "PROFESSIONAL": drivers to jack knife , this whole deal of cutting these Big trucks back so far to save fuel is and does get people killed daily put that with the inexcperianced idiot driving for 22 cents a mile and many more will get killed