PDA

View Full Version : Two major scandals coming out of Benghazi, and counting

Little-Acorn
08-13-2013, 02:49 PM
So if I'm keeping score right, we now have two major scandals coming out of Benghazi, plus a minor one.

1.) Despite continuous and escalating attacks through the spring and summer of 2012, the Obama admin kept REDUCING the security at the compound, replacing American guards and troops with Libyan personnel (usually unarmed), and ignoring repeated pleas from Ambassador Stevens to build it up. When the attacks of Sept. 11, 2012 came, the terrorists found the place a pushover, and had no trouble breaking in and burning most of it down, killing four Americans. These reduction went on as Barack Obama was running for re-election and crowing that Al Qaeda was "decimated", "on the run", and basically defeated, to make him look like an effective commander-in chief even as Al Qaeda was preparing a killing blow against us.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/world/middleeast/no-specific-warnings-in-benghazi-attack.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2.) Recently we are hearing that the CIA was hard at work that summer in a nearby Annex building, collecting various weapons (including missiles) that had been used against ex-dictator Khaddafi, and sending them to the Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria for use against the Bashir Assad regime there.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/10218288/CIA-running-arms-smuggling-team-in-Benghazi-when-consulate-was-attacked.html

The minor scandal was blaming the attacks on a video - one of the clumsier PR moves by the Obama administration - and sticking to the lie for weeks even while everyone involved knew it was actually a long-planned terrorist attack, not a spontaneous protest by film critics. While a good indicator of the Obama administration's arrogance and contempt for their constitutents, this scandal is small change compared to the real problems described above.

Which major scandal was worse?

truthmatters
08-14-2013, 06:27 PM
more trash huh

aboutime
08-14-2013, 06:52 PM
more trash huh

Why do you remind me, and many of us of a....5392 puppet?

truthmatters
08-14-2013, 07:04 PM
how did all those other fakes scandals turn out for you?

aboutime
08-14-2013, 07:08 PM
how did all those other fakes scandals turn out for you?

First time I've heard of YOU. No others worth talking about with you.

truthmatters
08-14-2013, 07:09 PM
because I know the truth and not just what fox news pretends is real. did robmoney win by 5 points like fox told you?

Voted4Reagan
08-14-2013, 08:01 PM
more trash huh...

2000 stinger missiles going to an Al-Qaeda group isnt trash.. It's Scary.

aboutime
08-14-2013, 08:15 PM
because I know the truth and not just what fox news pretends is real. did robmoney win by 5 points like fox told you?

We know. PMSNBC is proud of your viewership. You, and the other two.