PDA

View Full Version : Muslim group plans march on D.C, on 9/11/2013

Marcus Aurelius
08-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Apparently, we are not being sensitive enough to the poor, misunderstood Muslims of the world...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/16/muslim-group-criticized-for-planning-mass-demonstration-on-12th-anniversary-11/

Critics say a Muslim group picked the wrong day – Sept. 11 - to march on Washington to complain about religious profiling and President Obama’s handling of an investigation into the terror attacks that rocked America 12 years ago.

"On 9.11.01 our country was forever changed by the horrific events in New York. The entire country was victimized by the acts done on that day," the group said in a statement. "Muslim and Non Muslim alike were traumatized but we as Muslims continue 12 years later to be victimized by being made the villains. To this day every media outlet and anti Islamic organization has committed slanderous and libel statements against us as Muslims and our religion of Islam."

"Yet our Government either sits idly by and does nothing to protect our freedoms or it exacerbates the problem with its constant war on terrorism in Islamic countries, congressional hearings on Islam in America, and its changes to the NDAA law," the statement says.

It would seem Muslims are upset that we dislike terrorism and fight it.

Too FUCKING bad.

jafar00
08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
A moron driving by shouted "Bin Laden!" at me and my wife as we walked yesterday. I think there is something to it. We were not responsible for 9/11 or any other terrorist attacks. Our religion is against it, yet we are portrayed automatically as terrorists by the media and the plethora of hate groups set up to demonise us at every opportunity.

A protest like this is needed to have our voices heard.

Gaffer
08-16-2013, 02:09 PM
It's part of their soft jihad. It's the claim of victim status as they grow their numbers. The libs will side with them giving them even more power.

aboutime
08-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Apparently, we are not being sensitive enough to the poor, misunderstood Muslims of the world...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/16/muslim-group-criticized-for-planning-mass-demonstration-on-12th-anniversary-11/

Too FUCKING bad.

Marcus. As we are seeing from jafar, complaining as he always does between his endless excuses. I wonder WHY the jafar's of the World, and those noisy C.A.I.R. members stayed so QUIET following September 11th, 2001, and many...even here in the U.S.A. cheered when they heard about the Towers being brought down???
After all this time. People like jafar still feel WE AMERICANS should pull an OBAMA, and bow down to them, apologize for allowing our success, freedom, and liberties to spill out from our shores?
I agree with you.

TOO F'in BAD.
Until they stand shoulder to shoulder with us. Instead of cowering behind that Book they call Peaceful Instruction directing people to Kill in the name of Allah.
They can all KISS THE BOTTOM OF MY FEET, and SUCK THEIR LEFT HAND THUMB.

Marcus Aurelius
08-16-2013, 02:23 PM
A moron driving by shouted "Bin Laden!" at me and my wife as we walked yesterday. I think there is something to it. We were not responsible for 9/11 or any other terrorist attacks. Our religion is against it, yet we are portrayed automatically as terrorists by the media and the plethora of hate groups set up to demonise us at every opportunity.

'real' non-Islamic people don't do that sort of thing.

You associate yourself with the people running this protest march... interesting, considering the three final paragraphs of the OP article...

"They're basically a bunch of 'truthers' who think that America's to blame for everything," Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, president of the Islamic Forum for Democracy, told Fox News on Friday. The Anti-Defamation League, Jasser said, has identified some of the leaders of the march as "being virulent, anti-Semites who think 9/11 was a conspiracy theory."

"These guys are problematic and they're trying to exploit 9/11," Jasser said. "If they were truly patriotic Americans and moderates, they'd be marching on the courthouse steps of the Fort Hood trial that's happening this week to tell Americans that we want the death penalty for Nidal Hissan rather than this circus that they're doing in exploiting the murders and horrific acts of 9/11."

"America has gone on to liberate Muslims," he continued. "They gave our families freedom that we could not have in any so-called Muslim countries."

Cue Jahil to now say that Dr. Zuhdi Jasser isn't 'really' Islamic.

aboutime
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM

You associate yourself with the people running this protest march... interesting, considering the three final paragraphs of the OP article...

Give it time Marcus. He says he was insulted...in Australia, where he also says...there are no people like that, and he feels safe????
Hypocrisy combined with being a False Prophet still ends up being more Lies.

revelarts
08-16-2013, 03:52 PM
Is the Slut March on the same day?

If so, I'm bringing popcorn.

tailfins
08-16-2013, 05:13 PM

My condolences, friend! While I make no bones about being a "what's in it for me" kind of guy, I would like you to think about what you might say if you reworked your resume.

You are a world-class finance professional. Your "soft skills" are leaps and bounds above most. I envy those who have the good fortune to work under your mentorship. It maybe somewhat self-serving, but it seems if I were ever mentored by you I would become a better business person, a better financial analyst and a smarter professional. I would like to meet you and your family one day and experience the above learning opportunity; I'm just selfish that way. :cool:

You are by far the person I most admire here on DP!

tailfins
08-16-2013, 06:00 PM

Jafar, here is something to give you food for thought: When you go into a US-based company such as Ford or GM, Citibank, Holiday Inn, etc., etc., etc., what do you suppose would happen to an employee if they said some of the awful things said to you online? They would immediately be fired for cause, right? It then stands to reason that those who make such gutter-level comments are not professional people, right? You may want to consider the social strata of people you are dealing with. Here in the US, it is certainly not the majority.

jimnyc
08-16-2013, 06:04 PM

He is islamic and he merely speaks the truth. These twits will march AND likely send donations to help Hasan with his defense. There are also other groups planning a march for the same day, including several biker groups trying to rally support. Hopefully they'll just drown out these twits in a manner they did with the black panther dickheads.

jimnyc
08-16-2013, 06:05 PM
My condolences, friend! While I make no bones about being a "what's in it for me" kind of guy, I would like you to think about what you might say if you reworked your resume.

You are a world-class finance professional. Your "soft skills" are leaps and bounds above most. I envy those who have the good fortune to work under your mentorship. It maybe somewhat self-serving, but it seems if I were ever mentored by you I would become a better business person, a better financial analyst and a smarter professional. I would like to meet you and your family one day and experience the above learning opportunity; I'm just selfish that way. :cool:

And likely contempt for his wife, since you have some serious issues with the opposite sex capable of speaking English.

tailfins
08-16-2013, 06:27 PM
And likely contempt for his wife, since you have some serious issues with the opposite sex capable of speaking English.

Of course, you'll never see his response since you have him on ignore, right? Remember?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?42248-What-s-the-difference&p=656841#post656841

Save it, I'd rather speak with the "men", those who can be honest, those who don't support known terror organizations and then tiptoe around the subject so they don't have to admit they support their murderous ways. You are officially now the ONLY person on my ignore list. I can't sit back and read posts and absolute bullshit and lies from someone who supports known terrorists.

aboutime
08-16-2013, 06:30 PM

tailfins. It must be so exciting for you to meet such a highly educated, hate filled kinda guy that you admire so much. It says so much about you.
Thanks.

Drummond
08-16-2013, 06:46 PM

High praise for a Hamas (therefore, inevitably, a terrorist) supporter .. !!!! :alcoholic::wtf99:

jimnyc
08-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Of course, you'll never see his response since you have him on ignore, right? Remember?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?42248-What-s-the-difference&p=656841#post656841

That is correct, and I couldn't care less what his response is, my post was to you. What the hell does me having him on ignore have to do with anything?

jimnyc
08-16-2013, 06:51 PM
High praise for a Hamas (therefore, inevitably, a terrorist) supporter .. !!!! :alcoholic::wtf99:

Tailfins likes to have "tests" or "experiments" as he calls them, to make posts and other crap simply to see how people respond. He thinks he is the master of manipulation or some load of crap like that. But yeah, I doubt tailfins would care about the terrorist crap, so long as it's not a woman, then he'll have a serious problem with them!

Drummond
08-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Tailfins likes to have "tests" or "experiments" as he calls them, to make posts and other crap simply to see how people respond. He thinks he is the master of manipulation or some load of crap like that. But yeah, I doubt tailfins would care about the terrorist crap, so long as it's not a woman, then he'll have a serious problem with them!

Well, Jim, as a self-styled 'crapmaker', Tailfins definitely tested me tonight ... to the hilt !! I hope he enjoyed the response he got.

I don't see the point of manipulating people into incredulity (I'm being diplomatic !).

Tailfins SHOULD care about terrorist crap. If/when he ever finds himself having to care about it because he's at the business end of it, by then it'd be just a bit too late ! But, then again .. maybe he'll be happy about it, so long as the terrorist in question appears superficially personable beforehand ...

aboutime
08-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Well, Jim, as a self-styled 'crapmaker', Tailfins definitely tested me tonight ... to the hilt !! I hope he enjoyed the response he got.

I don't see the point of manipulating people into incredulity (I'm being diplomatic !).

Tailfins SHOULD care about terrorist crap. If/when he ever finds himself having to care about it because he's at the business end of it, by then it'd be just a bit too late ! But, then again .. maybe he'll be happy about it, so long as the terrorist in question appears superficially personable beforehand ...

Sir Drummond. And, what fun it is to be such a self-styled 'crapmaker' as well? Actually. I enjoy being labeled that way too! By admitting to being crazy, ignorant, stupid, or whatever anyone else needs to call me. I am then on a level playing field with THEM. So, as a fellow Crapmaker like yourself. No harm, no foul when being called names, or labeled.
It's actually much more fun letting unknown people accuse you of being whatever they want. And it's also a very tolerant, liberally fair way to deal with such people who are equally suited for every descriptive word they choose to use.
Life is Great, and Funny too!

Marcus Aurelius
08-16-2013, 07:53 PM
That is correct, and I couldn't care less what his response is, my post was to you. What the hell does me having him on ignore have to do with anything?

It's called deflection. Tail excels at it.

Marcus Aurelius
08-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Now, can we get back to the subject, and not let Tail make this thread about himself, like Whitless always did?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Jafar, here is something to give you food for thought. Why not type up a memo to send to all the main not really Islamic groups/leaders in which you explain where the bastards are going about it all wrong. Then sign your real name etc. and let Allah protect you afterwards! Do you have enough faith to do that? I bet I know the answer to that question already..-Tyr

tailfins
08-16-2013, 08:16 PM

I know how you can solve that problem, Mr. Drummond: Extend YOUR hand of friendship before the Muslim has a chance to!

Kathianne
08-16-2013, 08:17 PM
I know how you can solve that problem, Mr. Drummond: Extend YOUR hand of friendship before the Muslim has a chance to!

I doubt you see the irony of your posts on this subject and your reports on your behavior towards women. You lose.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2013, 08:19 PM
It's part of their soft jihad. It's the claim of victim status as they grow their numbers. The libs will side with them giving them even more power. Americans should organize a counter protest and have ready on hand pork products in abundance. To toss at the feet of the muslims as they walk forth trying to give just cause for bamaboy to Executive Order special status /special protection for them. Remember the guy that organized these was summoned to see the president a while back and now he comes forth with this to do. Straight from Obama's lips came this idea is my guess. That way Obama can look to be only reacting instead of creating. Nothing that traitorous bastard does shocks me. -Tyr

tailfins
08-16-2013, 08:20 PM
I doubt you see the irony of your posts on this subject and your reports on your behavior towards women. You lose.

In the end, only one thing matters other than immediate family: M-O-N-E-Y ! If you want me to dance to your tune: PAY ME!

Kathianne
08-16-2013, 08:26 PM
In the end, only one thing matters other than immediate family: M-O-N-E-Y ! If you want me to dance to your tune: PAY ME!

You can't help Asperger's, but you can stop being an jackass.

Drummond
08-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Jafar, here is something to give you food for thought. Why not type up a memo to send to all the main not really Islamic groups/leaders in which you explain where the bastards are going about it all wrong. Then sign your real name etc. and let Allah protect you afterwards! Do you have enough faith to do that? I bet I know the answer to that question already..-Tyr:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Excellent suggestion.

Yes, Jafar, why not do EXACTLY that ? :shitfan:

tailfins
08-16-2013, 08:40 PM

That's a fair point. It boils down to this: There's the challenge of recovering from a deteriorating situation versus wasting effort on getting cut up on toxic people. What say you? It comes down to whether or not I'm dealing with toxic people.

I may not have expressed that well, but it really is about money and what I can learn online to sharpen socially. Social skills = cash. The cost of failure online is relatively cheap. However success has a higher payoff than failure. It better to stay in one place and learn by repetition. While this may bother some people, Jafar has the patience, position and intelligence to be a good coach. I could really see myself working for him. Who else around here would fill that bill? About 2/3 of ASD support group attendees are on disability; they have given up and accepted the poverty and isolation society has handed them. I refuse to be like them. I will win in life and I don't care if I have to win dirty to do it.

Drummond
08-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Excellent reply from Kathianne, which has decided my own reply.

Simply ... I see neither need nor reason to take any advice from you !!

YOU, on the other hand, need to urgently review your own attitudes.

Beyond that - I don't need to comment. I don't see you as worth the effort.

aboutime
08-16-2013, 08:47 PM
That's a fair point. It boils down to this: There's the challenge of recovering from a deteriorating situation versus wasting effort on getting cut up on toxic people. What say you? It comes down to whether or not I'm dealing with toxic people.

I may not have expressed that well, but it really is about money and what I can learn online to sharpen socially. Social skills = cash. The cost of failure online is relatively cheap. However success has a higher payoff than failure. It better to stay in one place and learn by repetition. While this may bother some people, Jafar has the patience, position and intelligence to be a good coach. I could really see myself working for him. Who else around here would fill that bill? About 2/3 of ASD support group attendees are on disability; they have given up and accepted the poverty and isolation society has handed them. I refuse to be like them. I will win in life and I don't care if I have to win dirty to do it.

tailfins. Most failures in life are related to, or about MONEY. If that is the height of your drives, and asperations. Placing money at the top of your humanity list. You will never succeed in anything but betraying everyone around you in the end.
That old expression about it being 'the root of all evil' wasn't just something to wink, and nod at.
Of course. In today's atmosphere, and economy. Everyone has a Price, or Pays a Price. But, when you betray those around you, even strangers, in order to get ahead based on money.
The only winners are those who spend less time trusting you, and ignoring you.

Kathianne
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM

Here's the problem for all but you, you've become the TOXIC person you claim to loathe. That's on you.

Kathianne
08-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Excellent reply from Kathianne, which has decided my own reply.

Simply ... I see neither need nor reason to take any advice from you !!

YOU, on the other hand, need to urgently review your own attitudes.

Beyond that - I don't need to comment. I don't see you as worth the effort.

I agree with all but the last bit, he may be worth the effort; the problem is that he's not open to any discussion, much less advice. I know when the horse won't drink.

aboutime
08-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Here's the problem for all but you, you've become the TOXIC person you claim to loathe. That's on you.

Kathianne. I see tailfins calling those he dislikes TOXIC as nothing but a self-made, dependable kind of lame excuse to redirect everything that is wrong in tailfins life...at others.
I agree with you. Without realizing it. Tailfins has become that toxic person himself.
Self-hatred drives many people to become hated, disliked, and toward betrayal of everyone around them due to lack of trust, and low self-worth.
Nothing any of us say, or do here will do any good for tailfins. He refuses to accept what we say.

tailfins
08-16-2013, 09:00 PM
I agree with all but the last bit, he may be worth the effort; the problem is that he's not open to any discussion, much less advice. I know when the horse won't drink.

That's just incorrect. If you break it down into small chunks with a continuing action plan, you'll get somewhere. It's like losing weight. Horses drink from a bucket, not a fire hose.

Kathianne
08-16-2013, 09:03 PM
That's just incorrect. If you break it down into small chunks with a continuing action plan, you'll get somewhere. It's like losing weight. Horses drink from a bucket, not a fire hose.

1. Don't denigrate people whom respond to what you say or write. Get clarity of why they seem angry or upset with you.

tailfins
08-16-2013, 09:09 PM
1. Don't denigrate people whom respond to what you say or write. Get clarity of why they seem angry or upset with you.

Here's my first attempt: People don't like threadjacking. So how does this discussion get continued?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2013, 09:15 PM
We of the toxic brigade salute you tailfins. How else would we have ever known of our toxic nature. I am now formulating a plan using Google to reduce my toxic footprint. If that does not work I think maybe cutting off my left toe to sacrifice to the God of Dumbassness should suffice. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Know this projection comes full circle and when it does the picture sho' aint pretty. You are not dumb, you are not without skills so why seek the teachings of a man that is as lost as is Jafar? Money ? Ok, go for it. Some of the most miserable and dishonorable people in the world are filthy rich. If that's your aspiration--good luck.. -Tyr

Kathianne
08-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Here's my first attempt: People don't like threadjacking. So how does this discussion get continued?

Start a new thread, if interested.

Marcus Aurelius
08-16-2013, 09:18 PM

His Asperger's doesn't make him a jackass. His being a jackass makes him a jackass.:coffee:

Kathianne
08-16-2013, 09:36 PM
His Asperger's doesn't make him a jackass. His being a jackass makes him a jackass.:coffee:

Yep, good reiteration of what I said. :poke:

Drummond
08-16-2013, 09:36 PM
We of the toxic brigade salute you tailfins. How else would we have ever known of our toxic nature. I am now formulating a plan using Google to reduce my toxic footprint. If that does not work I think maybe cutting off my left toe to sacrifice to the God of Dumbassness should suffice. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Know this projection comes full circle and when it does the picture sho' aint pretty. You are not dumb, you are not without skills so why seek the teachings of a man that is as lost as is Jafar? Money ? Ok, go for it. Some of the most miserable and dishonorable people in the world are filthy rich. If that's your aspiration--good luck.. -Tyr

Good one (... again !) ...

Osama bin Laden was supposed to have been very wealthy, I understand. Well, as much as I like money myself, I'd much rather be penniless forever than have EVER wished that filthy scum less than eternal damnation in hell, forever roasting in agony in a fire tens of times hotter than the hottest part of the Twin Towers, just after the aeroplanes hit.

You can't buy decency, honour, conscience ... if you truly possess those things. They are, each of them, way more priceless than any amount of money.

logroller
08-16-2013, 09:52 PM

He must have thought you looked like a not real muslim. How do you tell one another apart?
Fwiw, when I see a Hasidic Jew I automatically suspect they're a Zionist elitist. Maybe he's not, but how should I know? If you look the part of an extremist, you'll be seen as one. If I dressed in Americana clothing everyday, saying to everyone I come across, god bless America, down with the terrorists -- what would Muslims think of me?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Good one (... again !) ..

You can't buy decency, honour, conscience ... if you truly possess those things. They are, each of them, way more priceless than any amount of money. Yet many think one can buy enough happiness and selfish pleasures to compensate for the lack of decency, honor and conscience. Usually too late when they find out the sad truth about that pipe dream. Then they get to wallow deeper into their misery than ever before. Which if you think about it is a kind of justice being rendered already IMHO..-Tyr

logroller
08-16-2013, 10:14 PM
In the end, you're dead; the only people who care about your money are those whom you endow with it. By the way, this is a commercial site-- if you want to dance your jig here-- pay up. Donate button is on top of the forum page. Thanks for putting your money where your mouth is.

logroller
08-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Jafar, here is something to give you food for thought: When you go into a US-based company such as Ford or GM, Citibank, Holiday Inn, etc., etc., etc., what do you suppose would happen to an employee if they said some of the awful things said to you online? They would immediately be fired for cause, right? It then stands to reason that those who make such gutter-level comments are not professional people, right? You may want to consider the social strata of people you are dealing with. Here in the US, it is certainly not the majority.

What do you suppose would happen to companies like the one's above if they operated solely on donations and volunteerism? They wouldn't be hasty to release for cause. It then stands to reason that in different situations different expectations for behavior exist. You'd do well to consider that the world around us, even corporations, is built upon the sweat and toil of blue-collar workers, not professionals. You think the engineer built the bridge and not the iron worker? You think the computer you use would exist without the miner of the raw materials, the construction who built the clean room, the linesman who built and maintains the power lines? Sorry corporate guy, the blue collar worker doesn't necessarily need the professional to work his trade; the professional, OTOH, most certainly needs the blue collar worker to do his. Together, of course, they can both do more. Thats synergy. But don't fool yourself into believing that the person who drives the cart is more important than the person who built it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2013, 10:59 PM
What do you suppose would happen to companies like the one's above if they operated solely on donations and volunteerism? They wouldn't be hasty to release for cause. It then stands to reason that in different situations different expectations for behavior exist. You'd do well to consider that the world around us, even corporations, is built upon the sweat and toil of blue-collar workers, not professionals. You think the engineer built the bridge and not the iron worker? You think the computer you use would exist without the miner of the raw materials, the construction who built the clean room, the linesman who built and maintains the power lines? Sorry corporate guy, the blue collar worker doesn't necessarily need the professional to work his trade; the professional, OTOH, most certainly needs the blue collar worker to do his. Together, of course, they can both do more. Thats synergy. But don't fool yourself into believing that the person who drives the cart is more important than the person who built it. Good gravy, I almost believe I could have typed that.. :beer: .. Bravo.:clap:-Tyr

NightTrain
08-16-2013, 11:41 PM

Were you sporting a scruffy beard with a turban and was your wife wearing the traditional black sheet burka over her mellon?

Interesting that you claim you're not responsible, and yet continually spout the insane drivel about Israel and the injustice done to muslims stemming from America waking up to the new threat of islam on 9/11/01.

Police your own and we won't have to.

Your silence speaks volumes.

NightTrain
08-17-2013, 12:01 AM
I know how you can solve that problem, Mr. Drummond: Extend YOUR hand of friendship before the Muslim has a chance to saw your fucking head off with a dull knife on video!

Fixed that for you, buddy.

You're welcome.

I'm here to help.

NightTrain
08-17-2013, 12:04 AM

Said the dirty whore with a sly grin.

NightTrain
08-17-2013, 12:21 AM
I'd just like to say here that I pegged Tailfins over a year ago as a commie, I don't remember what thread or topic, but I hammered him, and he hasn't responded to me since... he was butt-hurt.

I was second-guessing myself a few times later, privately and unpublished, but it's good to know that my instincts were right on the money and that I didn't retract in my moment of doubt.

NightTrain
08-17-2013, 12:31 AM
In the end, you're dead; the only people who care about your money are those whom you endow with it. By the way, this is a commercial site-- if you want to dance your jig here-- pay up. Donate button is on top of the forum page. Thanks for putting your money where your mouth is.

Yes, indeed.

Where is Jafar's golden text?

Surely Allah would approve golden text as much as the saw to cut off a helpless person's head on video?

jafar00
08-17-2013, 07:13 AM
This thread has turned nasty, very quickly.

Thanks my friend. You are welcome in my house should you visit Sydney!

It's OK. It's the first time anything like that happened to us here. Most Australians are friendly, educated and well travelled enough not to get into that xenophobic behaviour. But there are still a few "rednecks" about.

We laughed it off.

Don't drag my wife into your hateful little world thanks.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Excellent suggestion.

Yes, Jafar, why not do EXACTLY that ? :shitfan:

What would it achieve exactly?

He must have thought you looked like a not real muslim. How do you tell one another apart?
Fwiw, when I see a Hasidic Jew I automatically suspect they're a Zionist elitist. Maybe he's not, but how should I know? If you look the part of an extremist, you'll be seen as one. If I dressed in Americana clothing everyday, saying to everyone I come across, god bless America, down with the terrorists -- what would Muslims think of me?

I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. My wife was in regular hijab. I was also pushing my daughter in her pram. The guy was an idiot. It's more his problem than mine.

Were you sporting a scruffy beard with a turban and was your wife wearing the traditional black sheet burka over her mellon?

Interesting that you claim you're not responsible, and yet continually spout the insane drivel about Israel and the injustice done to muslims stemming from America waking up to the new threat of islam on 9/11/01.

I'm not the police and all the Muslims I know here are good, law abiding citizens.

I'd just like to say here that I pegged Tailfins over a year ago as a commie, I don't remember what thread or topic, but I hammered him, and he hasn't responded to me since... he was butt-hurt.

I was second-guessing myself a few times later, privately and unpublished, but it's good to know that my instincts were right on the money and that I didn't retract in my moment of doubt.

"Commie"? I thought that went out of favour as an insult after the 1980s.

jimnyc
08-17-2013, 07:48 AM

Rick! What's up buddy?

You'll see much in many threads about how hateful we all are, and what a great "friend" Jafar is - until you get into Hamas and the zionists, and you'll see true hatred. At least we aren't raised and taught how to hate the jews, and how spilling their blood is such a wonderful thing, or how we can do special things for allah (shit be on him) and reach martyrdom and a bevy of virgins.

We're just hateful due to a lifetime of experience of actually witnessing animals, act like animals and kill indiscriminately like animals.

tailfins
08-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Said the dirty whore with a sly grin.

You make that sound like a bad thing. Corporate whore? Yep! So what. I laugh all the way to the bank.

I didn't answer, because I thought you were joking. So which is it, corporate whore or commie? Actually one of my social experiments was to visit Havana, Cuba, seek out a block captain of the Committee of the Defense of the Revolution and proudly proclaim I voted for George W. Bush TWICE. I waited until my last day because as a tourist that could get you held in a jail cell until your flight departs. The CDR leader just started to "evangelize" about communism, nothing to write home about.

tailfins
08-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Rick! What's up buddy?

You'll see much in many threads about how hateful we all are, and what a great "friend" Jafar is - until you get into Hamas and the zionists, and you'll see true hatred. At least we aren't raised and taught how to hate the jews, and how spilling their blood is such a wonderful thing, or how we can do special things for allah (shit be on him) and reach martyrdom and a bevy of virgins.

We're just hateful due to a lifetime of experience of actually witnessing animals, act like animals and kill indiscriminately like animals.

I DARE you as an employee/contractor of a major corporation to openly indulge in one of your anti-Muslim rants. I recommend you bring a cardboard box for your things before you do. Before you slam a random Muslim like Jafar, if you want to be consistent slam practically every major multinational US-based corporation.

jimnyc
08-17-2013, 09:19 AM
I DARE you as an employee/contractor of a major corporation to openly indulge in one of your anti-Muslim rants. I recommend you bring a cardboard box for your things before you do. Before you slam a random Muslim like Jafar, if you want to be consistent slam practically every major multinational US-based corporation.

I worked for Cadbury Schweppes, one of the largest beverage and candy manufacturers in the world. The Director of the department and one of my buddies would engage in political discussions quite often, and others would join in. Of course this was much closer to 9/11, but nonetheless, we spoke our minds and beliefs.

You think I should be like you, perhaps act like someone I'm not? Of course I wouldn't go into a major meeting and shout out my views, but I also would never hide who I am and my beliefs. If in one of those meetings, even if the CEO asked me of my beliefs, I would happily and quickly repeat anything I write here on this forum.

I've been in IT as well for 20+ years and have never hidden my beliefs. All I've ever done was use the old "place and a time" for everything. But I'll be damned if I'll act like so many of these animals are good people just to appease others.

Anyway, WTF does any of the discussions here have to do with whether or not someone would say the same at a company? Would you openly tell the directors and ceo's of your employer the tons and tons of issues you have with women? That you don't care for those above you that speak English, that you prefer they remain beneath you, speaking a foreign language?

tailfins
08-17-2013, 09:43 AM
I worked for Cadbury Schweppes, one of the largest beverage and candy manufacturers in the world. The Director of the department and one of my buddies would engage in political discussions quite often, and others would join in. Of course this was much closer to 9/11, but nonetheless, we spoke our minds and beliefs.

You think I should be like you, perhaps act like someone I'm not? Of course I wouldn't go into a major meeting and shout out my views, but I also would never hide who I am and my beliefs. If in one of those meetings, even if the CEO asked me of my beliefs, I would happily and quickly repeat anything I write here on this forum.

I've been in IT as well for 20+ years and have never hidden my beliefs. All I've ever done was use the old "place and a time" for everything. But I'll be damned if I'll act like so many of these animals are good people just to appease others.

Anyway, WTF does any of the discussions here have to do with whether or not someone would say the same at a company? Would you openly tell the directors and ceo's of your employer the tons and tons of issues you have with women? That you don't care for those above you that speak English, that you prefer they remain beneath you, speaking a foreign language?

That's a good question, one worthy of a well thought out answer. Now you see why I participate in these online forums: to be prepared for scenarios exactly like that. So let me see.... You have to frame the issue in way that can't be used against you. For example, one can hate divorce without being gender specific. I once heard a VP lament how he came home to an empty house and a note. I thanked him for giving me valuable information and asked if it was OK to share his story with my sons. I asked him detailed questions about his soon to be ex-wife and how they met. I also like to look up someone on the team after they were fired. Again it fills in the profile of who and what to avoid.

One can hate managers that use meetings to paper over faulty deliverables without being gender specific. I can look the other way on lots of things, but known bugs and verbose code I won't tolerate. I have too much love for the craft of Software Engineering to put up with it. I will leave and post a negative review on Glassdoor.com if I have to. I base my opinion on observations and thumbnail statistics. If I see a cultural change where the observed reality changes, I will change my opinion. I am now on a team of twelve. There are only two other native English speakers besides myself. It's all I can do to keep up. I study whatever necessary hours after work as not to fall behind. After seeing the talent we import from Vietnam, China, India, Russia and elsewhere I can tell you the talentwise we in the US are in deep do-do. If Asians and Middle Easterners are willing to teach me their superior talent, all I'm going to say is "thank you". Actually, I am known for being able to check my pride at the door and learn whatever from whomever to get the job done.

jimnyc
08-17-2013, 09:52 AM
That's a good question, one worthy of a well thought out answer. Now you see why I participate in these online forums: to be prepared for scenarios exactly like that. So let me see.... You have to frame the issue in way that can't be used against you. For example, one can hate divorce without being gender specific. I once heard a VP lament how he came home to an empty house and a note. I thanked him for giving me valuable information and asked if it was OK to share his story with my sons. I asked him detailed questions about his soon to be ex-wife and how they met. I also like to look up someone on the team after they were fired. Again it fills in the profile of who and what to avoid.

One can hate managers that use meetings to paper over faulty deliverables without being gender specific. I can look the other way on lots of things, but known bugs and verbose code I won't tolerate. I have too much love for the craft of Software Engineering to put up with it. I will leave and post a negative review on Glassdoor.com if I have to. I base my opinion on observations and thumbnail statistics. If I see a cultural change where the observed reality changes, I will change my opinion. I am now on a team of twelve. There are only two other native English speakers besides myself. It's all I can do to keep up. I study whatever necessary hours after work as not to fall behind. After seeing the talent we import from Vietnam, China, India, Russia and elsewhere I can tell you the talentwise we in the US are in deep do-do. If Asians and Middle Easterners are willing to teach me their superior talent, all I'm going to say is "thank you".

Uhhmm, well, ok then! Not 100% sure what that has to do with one needing to be able to share with where they work in order to voice a passionate opinion online, but whatever helps your monkey out of the tree!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2013, 10:01 AM
. It's all I can do to keep up. I study whatever necessary hours after work as not to fall behind. After seeing the talent we import from Vietnam, China, India, Russia and elsewhere I can tell you the talentwise we in the US are in deep do-do. If Asians and Middle Easterners are willing to teach me their superior talent, all I'm going to say is "thank you". Actually, I am known for being able to check my pride at the door and learn whatever from whomever to get the job done. What you just described is a man with no honor. Willing to sell down the river any morals you may have to gain wealth is prostituting yourself for monetary gain. You being willing to overlook Jafar's support for Hamas a known terrorist group speaks a lot about your character. Exactly what job are you wanting to get down when whoring yourself out to the highest bidder. Think about it.--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Uhhmm, well, ok then! Not 100% sure what that has to do with one needing to be able to share with where they work in order to voice a passionate opinion online, but whatever helps your monkey out of the tree!!

but whatever helps your monkey out of the tree --:beer: I am going to steal that. Cracked me up when I first read it.. :laugh:--Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
08-17-2013, 10:06 AM
ok...... back to the op topic! Wagons.... Hooooooooooooooo.......

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/16...nniversary-11/ (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/16/muslim-group-criticized-for-planning-mass-demonstration-on-12th-anniversary-11/)

Critics say a Muslim group picked the wrong day – Sept. 11 - to march on Washington to complain about religious profiling and President Obama’s handling of an investigation into the terror attacks that rocked America 12 years ago.

"On 9.11.01 our country was forever changed by the horrific events in New York. The entire country was victimized by the acts done on that day," the group said in a statement. "Muslim and Non Muslim alike were traumatized but we as Muslims continue 12 years later to be victimized by being made the villains. To this day every media outlet and anti Islamic organization has committed slanderous and libel statements against us as Muslims and our religion of Islam."

"Yet our Government either sits idly by and does nothing to protect our freedoms or it exacerbates the problem with its constant war on terrorism in Islamic countries, congressional hearings on Islam in America, and its changes to the NDAA law," the statement says.

Too FUCKING bad.

jimnyc
08-17-2013, 10:10 AM
ok...... back to the op topic! Wagons.... Hooooooooooooooo.......

I read until:

Apparently, we are not being sensitive enough

And then said fuck 'em before going any further. No one should be able to dictate how another feels about them, whether that's PC or not. "Some" would like to fine others for saying something mean to another person. Either someone is going to like you, or not like you. Other than a legal issue, tough shit. No amount of marches or complaints is going to make me be "sensitive" towards them. How about they be sensitive to me, as an American, and assimilate as AMERICANS, and not expecting us to change to appease them.

logroller
08-17-2013, 10:15 AM

One can hate managers that use meetings to paper over faulty deliverables without being gender specific. I can look the other way on lots of things, but known bugs and verbose code I won't tolerate. I have too much love for the craft of Software Engineering to put up with it. I will leave and post a negative review on Glassdoor.com if I have to. I base my opinion on observations and thumbnail statistics. If I see a cultural change where the observed reality changes, I will change my opinion. I am now on a team of twelve. There are only two other native English speakers besides myself. It's all I can do to keep up. I study whatever necessary hours after work as not to fall behind. After seeing the talent we import from Vietnam, China, India, Russia and elsewhere I can tell you the talentwise we in the US are in deep do-do. If Asians and Middle Easterners are willing to teach me their superior talent, all I'm going to say is "thank you". Actually, I am known for being able to check my pride at the door and learn whatever from whomever to get the job done.
In other words, have a strawman already built. I'm not so easily dissuaded. Nice try though.

By the way, talent isn't learned, its developed. Yet more evidence of your misconceived opinion.

tailfins
08-17-2013, 11:17 AM
In other words, have a strawman already built. I'm not so easily dissuaded. Nice try though.

By the way, talent isn't learned, its developed. Yet more evidence of your misconceived opinion.

It boils down to this, people can be put into two categories:

1) What is their price of admission?
2) Don't even bother, you're not going to be offered a productive path no matter what.

In which category do you fall? If you fall into category 1, what is your price of admission? In life it is important to dispense with the number twos as quickly as possible as to free up more time to find the number ones. It is said one will meet a bit less than 100,000 people in a lifetime. It's important to use those opportunities as effectively as possible.

http://eclectic24.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/how-many-people-will-you-meet-in-your-lifetime/

fj1200
08-17-2013, 11:17 AM
What you just described is a man with no honor. Willing to sell down the river any morals you may have to gain wealth is prostituting yourself for monetary gain. You being willing to overlook Jafar's support for Hamas a known terrorist group speaks a lot about your character. Exactly what job are you wanting to get down when whoring yourself out to the highest bidder. Think about it.--Tyr

That had nothing to do with a lack of honor. It showed that he thinks no one is beneath him that he can't learn from. Eerily similar to what Kutcher said the other night and is getting rave reviews around here. He whore's himself out like anyone else; work the job and get paid. Should he not​ better himself so that he can be paid more and provide?

logroller
08-17-2013, 11:26 AM
I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. My wife was in regular hijab. I was also pushing my daughter in her pram. The guy was an idiot. It's more his problem than mine.

The Boston bomber was wearing t-shirt too, and his widow wears a regular hijab.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nfsWSioMd3E/UYbLIXmxoqI/AAAAAAAAHRQ/VG7ASph8roE/s1600/Muslim+Katherine+Russell++Chipotle's+Pinto+Bean+Ea ting+Bitch.jpg

Doesn't really answer my question though: how to tell a real muslim from a muslim extremist-terrorist?
It's a direct question that, like many others I've asked of you, you dodge and dismiss.

Marcus Aurelius
08-17-2013, 11:45 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jafar00 http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=658616#post658616)

The Boston bomber was wearing t-shirt too, and his widow wears a regular hijab.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nfsWSioMd3E/UYbLIXmxoqI/AAAAAAAAHRQ/VG7ASph8roE/s1600/Muslim+Katherine+Russell++Chipotle's+Pinto+Bean+Ea ting+Bitch.jpg

Doesn't really answer my question though: how to tell a real muslim from a muslim extremist-terrorist?
It's a direct question that, like many others I've asked of you, you dodge and dismiss.

A 'real Muslim' is anyone who Jahil SAYS is a 'real Muslim'. Haven't you been paying attention???

tailfins
08-17-2013, 12:01 PM
A 'real Muslim' is anyone who Jahil SAYS is a 'real Muslim'. Haven't you been paying attention???

That's called an OPINION. Opinions can't be proven nor disproven. That's why you can't lose a lawsuit on Yelp or Glassdoor if you stick to opinion words such as: unprofessional, hostile, poor-quality, disinterested, disappointing, etc.

logroller
08-17-2013, 02:56 PM

2) Don't even bother, you're not going to be offered a productive path no matter what.

In which category do you fall? If you fall into category 1, what is your price of admission? In life it is important to dispense with the number twos as quickly as possible as to free up more time to find the number ones. It is said one will meet a bit less than 100,000 people in a lifetime. It's important to use those opportunities as effectively as possible.

http://eclectic24.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/how-many-people-will-you-meet-in-your-lifetime/
"what it boils down to is..." another strawman fallacy. again, though, I don't find it persuasive.

The world around us is composed of an entire spectrum of different parts-- there is no natural dichotomy-- implementing such is merely a crutch that you use to hobble your way through the world around you. we all do it to some degree, you just seem to have formed a scientific practice of it that you feel is superior to the techniques used by others. Simply put though-- it's only right for you. Regardless of whatever fallacious logic you use to justify it, your need to fit everything into one of two boxes as a sign of intellectual weakness (and/or laziness) to comprehend the full psychosocial dynamic.

Don't fret though; Its why you excel at coding; its black and white; it works or it doesn't. This is all part of this dynamic spectrum of individual talent and skill. But unlike you, I recognize that strength stems from one's weakness. Myself, I'm a jack of all trades, master of none-- my talent is in recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of others. So here's a quick rundown:

For the same reason Stephen Hawkins doesn't coach track and field, you're not placed in a position that requires interfacing with the general public, nor, apparently, with those who even speak English primarily. Placing you in such a situation you are deprived of the temptation to engage in challenging one another's social weaknesses because you've been deemed less capable of navigating the full dynamic of the social realm of conscienceness-- its not a talent of yours deemed worthy of development. This same incapability is the reason you have, by your own admonition: befriended the likes of jafar, who's likewise demonstrably ill-equipped to address the broad scope of Islamic activities that are abhorrent of universally applicable human rights; and why you've chosen a wife who comes from a culture that fails to explore the social dynamic of gender equality. You've contented in your weakness.

Well that's about it for the free psych evaluation-- please Donate to the board for another installment.

jafar00
08-17-2013, 03:04 PM
What you just described is a man with no honor. Willing to sell down the river any morals you may have to gain wealth is prostituting yourself for monetary gain. You being willing to overlook Jafar's support for Hamas a known terrorist group speaks a lot about your character. Exactly what job are you wanting to get down when whoring yourself out to the highest bidder. Think about it.--Tyr

I could tell that nationalism would rear it's ugly head in response. Outsourcing works and if it means you end up with a superior end product using foreign expertise, so be it. It's just business. You want the best quality product, at the lowest cost to produce.

Outsourcing support works well for my company. Why pay someone $50k a year for a basic support position in Australia when you can pay someone in Egypt or Malaysia $15-20k a year for the same? Granted you have to search a bit harder for skills and English proficiency but in the end you get a hard working, loyal employee to do the job at less than 1/2 the cost.

jafar00
08-17-2013, 03:09 PM

I would rather wear Galabiyya (http://www.shukrclothing.com/international/assets/productimages/mg1502-image.jpg)on the weekends like I do when I am at home, but I have been spat on before.

I've asked the same question of others without a firm answer too because I simply don't know what a terrorist looks like. Most of the terrorist pictures I've seen are clean shaven guys in casual western attire.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2013, 04:30 PM

http://eclectic24.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/how-many-people-will-you-meet-in-your-lifetime/ Tailfins, explaining why you set your price so high does nothing to dispel the stink of your prostituting yourself to such a degree IMHO. You could have easily just stated , "I don't give a shit." And fk having principles that other people can admire. Yet having moral principles is not done to garner admiration rather its done to improve oneself and not be a damn dirt bag! Truth is you try to justify proudly claiming that you are a dirt bag that sells out to the highest bidder! If that eases your conscience go with it but your brain should be pointing out the lie even as you read this. Bear in mind I've never called you stupid or questioned your intellect. As you read and discuss this it's obviously a moral issue with you based upon your classifying personal wealth above all else. -Tyr

aboutime
08-17-2013, 04:51 PM
For tailfins. Since you obviously have no intentions of listening, or taking anyone's sincere advice as your entire life is so dedicated, narrowly, to money.

Just put this line away for yourself, then continue your life as you will until you see the results of your self-hatred, and betrayal of others.

REMEMBER THIS: "You pass the same people on the way down your supposed ladder of success as you did on the way up that ladder. And...they remember you!"

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2013, 05:04 PM
I would rather wear Galabiyya (http://www.shukrclothing.com/international/assets/productimages/mg1502-image.jpg)on the weekends like I do when I am at home, but I have been spat on before.

I've asked the same question of others without a firm answer too because I simply don't know what a terrorist looks like. Most of the terrorist pictures I've seen are clean shaven guys in casual western attire. That is the ones that are photographed for public consumption . The real ones do most of it by night unseen or in huge crowds that murder ,rape and burn. The majority of terrorists are supporters only! Ever wonder why nations at war go bomb and eliminate the workers/factories that build the means to make war. That is because they are part of the war too. Islam has so far gotten a huge pass on its supporters of terrorism. Know this Jafar, the day will come when that is not the case!!! And there will be hell to pay then. You can count on that . That is one thing Americans have always been very good at, the world's best at. Japan and Germany both found that out the hard way.. Islamists will too one day is my best guess. We LET ourselves be pushed and pushed until one day we save ffk this enough is enough! When that day comes Islam will rule the day that they ever sought to destroy us! I just happen to be decades ahead in thinking on this topic. Also if still alive will be one of the guys delivering "sanctioned justice" too. No illegal crap for me... -Tyr

logroller
08-17-2013, 05:24 PM
For tailfins. Since you obviously have no intentions of listening, or taking anyone's sincere advice as your entire life is so dedicated, narrowly, to money.

Just put this line away for yourself, then continue your life as you will until you see the results of your self-hatred, and betrayal of others.

REMEMBER THIS: "You pass the same people on the way down your supposed ladder of success as you did on the way up that ladder. And...they remember you!"
That adage only applies to those who've gone up the ladder, not those who merely hold onto it. I can almost guarantee tailfins doesn't manage any other than himself. His idea of veteran corporate professional is having managing not to be fired. I'll bet his cv's first paragraph contains the words: punctual, dependable, reliable, independent etc.-- nothing wrong with those descriptors, mind you, it just that they describe someone who is usually segregated or severely limited in their interaction with others.

aboutime
08-17-2013, 06:20 PM
That adage only applies to those who've gone up the ladder, not those who merely hold onto it. I can almost guarantee tailfins doesn't manage any other than himself. His idea of veteran corporate professional is having managing not to be fired. I'll bet his cv's first paragraph contains the words: punctual, dependable, reliable, independent etc.-- nothing wrong with those descriptors, mind you, it just that they describe someone who is usually segregated or severely limited in their interaction with others.

I disagree log. Those who are falling back down are threatened the most by those whom they abused, and betrayed on the way up.

Just look at politics, from all angles. And, let's use Anthony Weiner as a prime example.

tailfins
08-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Tailfins, explaining why you set your price so high does nothing to dispel the stink of your prostituting yourself to such a degree IMHO. You could have easily just stated , "I don't give a shit." And fk having principles that other people can admire. Yet having moral principles is not done to garner admiration rather its done to improve oneself and not be a damn dirt bag! Truth is you try to justify proudly claiming that you are a dirt bag that sells out to the highest bidder! If that eases your conscience go with it but your brain should be pointing out the lie even as you read this. Bear in mind I've never called you stupid or questioned your intellect. As you read and discuss this it's obviously a moral issue with you based upon your classifying personal wealth above all else. -Tyr

I'm surprised it took you this long to figure that out!

Jim thinks I betrayed him. All I have to say to him: Wasn't me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

I disagree log. Those who are falling back down are threatened the most by those whom they abused, and betrayed on the way up.

Just look at politics, from all angles. And, let's use Anthony Weiner as a prime example.

Moral of the story: Don't fall back down!

aboutime
08-17-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm surprised it took you this long to figure that out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

Moral of the story: Don't fall back down!

And DENIAL is always the first excuse.

tailfins
08-18-2013, 07:01 AM
And DENIAL is always the first excuse.

Wasn't me :laugh:

logroller
08-18-2013, 02:52 PM

Nobody thinks you betrayed anyone-- you're a one-man wolfpack.
http://youtu.be/fdMxRG9Jol0