PDA

View Full Version : Major political party refuses to debate on network that airs the other side's views

Little-Acorn
08-16-2013, 02:52 PM
The only thing that isn't common knowledge about this development is....

...it's not Republicans that are refusing to debate on a network like CNN or NBC, which only airs views agreeing with the Democrat party.

Guess which party is refusing... thus continuing a long trend?

Yep, it's the Democrat, who consistently refuse to come to a debate on Fox News - the only network which consistently airs BOTH sides' views in a debate and lets them argue it out on the air.

The Democrats just can't stand the opposition getting ANY air time.

The New York Times reports on this appalling behavior by Democrat candidates.

---------------------------------

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/16/giuliani-calls-on-democrats-to-debate-on-fox/?_r=0

Giuliani Calls on Democrats to Debate on Fox

By ADAM NAGOURNEY
May 16, 2007, 3:41 pm

When Fox News tried to set up a Democratic presidential debate with the Congressional Black Caucus, it watched its effort crumble after bloggers and liberal groups complained that Democrats should not appear on a network that, they said, had a history of belittling Democrats and promoting Republicans on its airwaves.

Three Democrats announced they would not participate: Hillary Rodham Clinton, John Edwards and Barack Obama.

On Tuesday night, Republicans in South Carolina participated in a feisty debate sponsored by Fox News that even Democrats said was anything but a free ride for their opponents: The Fox questioners hammered the Republicans on issues ranging from abortion to government spending to the war on terror.

Given that, one of the Republican presidential contenders, Rudolph W. Giuliani, called on Democrats to reconsider their refusal. “The Democrats should debate on Fox,” Mr. Giuliani said in an interview. “I think they would get a good chance to explain themselves. If the Republicans candidates are willing to debate on MSNBC and CNN, the Democrats should be willing to debate on Fox. I don’t think they’d want us to look like the bolder group of candidates.”

Larrymc
08-16-2013, 03:00 PM
The only thing that isn't common knowledge about this development is....

...it's not Republicans that are refusing to debate on a network like CNN or NBC, which only airs views agreeing with the Democrat party.

Guess which party is refusing... thus continuing a long trend?

Yep, it's the Democrat, who consistently refuse to come to a debate on Fox News - the only network which consistently airs BOTH sides' views in a debate and lets them argue it out on the air.

The Democrats just can't stand the opposition getting ANY air time.

The New York Times reports on this appalling behavior by Democrat candidates.

---------------------------------

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/16/giuliani-calls-on-democrats-to-debate-on-fox/?_r=0

Giuliani Calls on Democrats to Debate on Fox

By ADAM NAGOURNEY
May 16, 2007, 3:41 pm

When Fox News tried to set up a Democratic presidential debate with the Congressional Black Caucus, it watched its effort crumble after bloggers and liberal groups complained that Democrats should not appear on a network that, they said, had a history of belittling Democrats and promoting Republicans on its airwaves.

Three Democrats announced they would not participate: Hillary Rodham Clinton, John Edwards and Barack Obama.

On Tuesday night, Republicans in South Carolina participated in a feisty debate sponsored by Fox News that even Democrats said was anything but a free ride for their opponents: The Fox questioners hammered the Republicans on issues ranging from abortion to government spending to the war on terror.

Given that, one of the Republican presidential contenders, Rudolph W. Giuliani, called on Democrats to reconsider their refusal. “The Democrats should debate on Fox,” Mr. Giuliani said in an interview. “I think they would get a good chance to explain themselves. If the Republicans candidates are willing to debate on MSNBC and CNN, the Democrats should be willing to debate on Fox. I don’t think they’d want us to look like the bolder group of candidates.”Unless they can have there Media Bias they will take there toys and go home. "No surprise here"

Little-Acorn
08-16-2013, 03:23 PM
It must be difficult for the Democrats to acknowledge the fact that they are the ones with the long record of refusing to debate on a network that doesn't 100% support their agenda, while Republicans have participated in debates with such networks every year.

Sorry, Demmies, you made your bed. Now you can lie in it.

You lie everywhere else, after all. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Sorry, will not happen on Fox. They can not take the chance of their true idiocy shining forth by having to answer real questions not pre submitted for their approval! They have had it where the moderators did almost everything for them and even bailed their sorry asses out when their simple minds couldn't stand the test. Just like that worthless liberal witch bailed Obama's slimy ass out in that debate. -Tyr

aboutime
08-17-2013, 07:59 PM
We cannot overlook, or forget how the Present, Pretender-in-chief named Obama has intentionally refused, and even acknowledged he would NEVER appear on FOX NEWS.

But I like it. The less I see of him. Even on a channel I can't watch. The better it is for America.