PDA

View Full Version : What should happen to U.S.-born children of illegal aliens getting deported?

Little-Acorn
08-19-2013, 12:43 PM
It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

fj1200
08-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Has that patent on concentration camps been approved yet?

:hide:

Larrymc
08-19-2013, 12:58 PM
It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?Its tragic to deport those children, But Children have to live with the choices of their parents all the time, having children here is often a goal, because we are a compassionate country and they take advantage, we have to send the message that if you come here illegal no matter how long you go undetected, it will all be for nothing until you, come back legally.

fj1200
08-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Its tragic to deport those children, But Children have to live with the choices of their parents all the time, having children here is often a goal, because we are a compassionate country and they take advantage, we have to send the message that if you come here illegal no matter how long you go undetected, it will all be for nothing until you, come back legally.

And we save children from the tragic choices of their parents all the time.

Larrymc
08-19-2013, 01:18 PM
And we save children from the tragic choices of their parents all the time.Of course we do, and at a tremendous cost, but they are our problem, they are legal Americans.

logroller
08-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Of course we do, and at a tremendous cost, but they are our problem, they are legal Americans.
According to the 14th amendment, everyone born in the US, even those born to illegal aliens, are considered American citizens. I didn't see any stipulation therein that allows for exclusion based upon cost-- so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

Larrymc
08-19-2013, 01:48 PM
According to the 14th amendment, everyone born in the US, even those born to illegal aliens, are considered American citizens. I didn't see any stipulation therein that allows for exclusion based upon cost-- so I'm not sure how that's relevant.I am aware of that, and it needs to change, the quiston was what "should" happen to those children i think they should go back to were ever their parents came from, with their parents.

aboutime
08-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Nothing to do, or change. Eventually. They become Congressmen, and women before Senators, and Mayors of major cities where....in the future. Obamacare will make them Bankrupt.

revelarts
08-19-2013, 02:15 PM
They go with their parents.
They came here for a better life and for family.
A compassionate country doesn't cripple the family for a choice that went bad.
They are willing to take risks for a better life for the family, so keep it in tact.

We know what happens to broken families already.
That's no good for anyone.

jimnyc
08-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Put them on miniature life rafts and float them out into international waters.

Little-Acorn
08-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Its tragic to deport those children,

It's more than tragic: It's impossible.

The kids did nothing wrong, broke no laws, crossed no borders. They are U.S. citizens by current law, and can no more be deported than you or I can.

You're getting the idea.

It's the parents' decision to make. If they want the 3- and 4-year-old kids to stay in the U.S., and can find suitable accomodations for them there (other legal U.S. family members etc.), then the kids should stay. If the parents want to take the kids to Mexico with them, then the kids should go with them.

The point is, IT'S THE PARENTS' DECISION where the kids will go. The government has nothing to do with that part of it.

This thread was opened in pre-emptive response to the open-borders fanatics who, when parents get deported and kids stay, will scream "See? See? The government is cruel and heartless, the government is breaking up this family, U.S. laws are breaking up this family!!!"

Note to open-borders screamers: The government (and U.S. law) had nothing to do with where the kids went. The parents created the situation where they were deported and the kids weren't; and the parents have the option of keeping their kids with them as they leave. If the family is "being broken up", it's because the parents decided the family should be broken up. Not the U.S. government.

logroller
08-19-2013, 03:00 PM
I am aware of that, and it needs to change, the quiston was what "should" happen to those children i think they should go back to were ever their parents came from, with their parents.
The 14th amendment needs to be changed? Good luck with that; we have a hard enough time passing a voter ID law.
Fwiw, they are sent back with their parents...unless they have reached the age of majority or have some foster family available. I don't think that this is the huge issue some make it out to be but, rather, its the burden of supporting all legal citizens, regardless of progeny. It just comes across as xenophobic.

In the organic state, no one is born with any allegiance to the law of Land-- Its not like a child consents to be born into a state of governance -- and it would be a cruel state of mankind that would deny any such child, upon age of consent, the lawful right to exist in the land it is born into. This is a uniqueness to what America has valued of it citizenry and, considering that America is built upon that want of opportunity and pursuit thereof, its one which shouldn't be dispensed with due to ones parentage hailing from a homeland wanton of opportunities.

Even if I was to concede some alternative qualification for citizenship based upon a demonstrated value, parentage, legal origin etc, its likely just a form of preferential treatment, and just a small step towards bestowing citizenship for political expedience. For example, who's going to enforce such a requirement; the federal government: Obama? Beware what you wish for.

Little-Acorn
08-19-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't think that this is the huge issue some make it out to be

By and large, it's not.

But it's been used as a club to bash people enforcing the law, and to lie about them as though the children are the government's responsiblity rather than the parents'.

Trigg
08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
What should happen???

that depends on what the family wants. If they choose to keep the family together than they take the kids with them back to where ever they're being deported to. The kids can choose to return what they're of age

Or they choose to break up the family and leave the kids with LEGAL family, it's THEIR decision.

This is a non-issue as far as the government is concerned, it is a family issue.

It makes my head hurt when whiny people scream "what about the kids??? They have to move to a different culture." Well what about the "dreamers" who were brought here as children, weren't they also "forced into a different culture"???? No one bitches when it's the US culture they're being brought to, but some how going the other way is a HUGE problem. BS

aboutime
08-20-2013, 02:24 PM
What should happen???

that depends on what the family wants. If they choose to keep the family together than they take the kids with them back to where ever they're being deported to. The kids can choose to return what they're of age

Or they choose to break up the family and leave the kids with LEGAL family, it's THEIR decision.

This is a non-issue as far as the government is concerned, it is a family issue.

It makes my head hurt when whiny people scream "what about the kids??? They have to move to a different culture." Well what about the "dreamers" who were brought here as children, weren't they also "forced into a different culture"???? No one bitches when it's the US culture they're being brought to, but some how going the other way is a HUGE problem. BS

Trigg. Screaming "What about the kids?" Has always been a standard used by Liberal Democrats whenever anyone threatens to stop, or cut spending by the govt.
Like the NEA, and Teachers Union members who always yell "IT'S FOR THE KIDS", when everyone with a brain knows. They mean "IT'S FOR US...THE TEACHERS".
As for this problem. I agree. It is a Family issue, and Govt. should stay out of Family issues completely.
BUT.....As we all know. THEY WON'T!

Larrymc
08-20-2013, 02:44 PM
What should happen???

It makes my head hurt when whiny people scream "what about the kids??? They have to move to a different culture." Well what about the "dreamers" who were brought here as children, weren't they also "forced into a different culture"???? No one bitches when it's the US culture they're being brought to, but some how going the other way is a HUGE problem. BSThe one exemption to me would be Adults that were barn and raised to an adult here 18 or 21 all others should be deported.

Trigg
08-20-2013, 04:37 PM
The one exemption to me would be Adults that were barn and raised to an adult here 18 or 21 all others should be deported.

If they were born here they are US citizens it doesn't matter if they are older or younger than 18. If they are younger, it is the families responsibility to decide what they are going to do, leave them here with LEGAL family or take them back to the parents home country. I really don't care as long as the illegals are deported.

logroller
08-21-2013, 04:31 AM
The one exemption to me would be Adults that were barn and raised to an adult here 18 or 21 all others should be deported.
Thankfully, for you, lack of political tractibility is not a exception to free speech. :slap:

Larrymc
08-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Thankfully, for you, lack of political tractibility is not a exception to free speech. :slap:The Question was what should happen, calls for an opinion, Not what legally or Politically should happen.

Little-Acorn
10-17-2013, 11:48 PM
I suggest a slightly different course: Ask the parents what their plans are for their 3- or 4-year-old U.S.-born children. If the parents can't come up with a viable, safe, legal plan for their own children, inform them that the children will be placed with them (parents) until they do, all the way back to their home country if necessary, since the children are THEIR responsibility.

jafar00
10-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Put them on miniature life rafts and float them out into international waters.

They are already doing that, but you can see from recent news around Italy and Malta, the result is even more tragic :p

Little-Acorn
10-18-2013, 10:38 AM
I suspect that we are about to see a resumption of the leftists open-borders crowd whining that "The government is breaking up families" when illegal aliens who produced kids here, get caught and deported.

In fact, it's not the government breaking up the family.

It's the illegal alien(s) themselves doing it, as surely as if they'd produced kids and then robbed a bank or embezzled a few $million. The penalties for doing that are clear and well-known, and they knew what they were getting into long before they decided to have kids.

Now they have a choice to make: Do their take their kids with them as they get shipped back to their home country? Or do they find some way to leave the kids here, with (legal) family or friends in the U.S.?

And if they don't like those alternatives... why did they try so hard to eliminate any other possible choices they could have had?

tailfins
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Simple: Let the parents choose whether to have their children accompany them, leave them with a legal relative or foster care. That way the kids are not technically being deported, but rather VOLUNTARILY accompanying their parents.

Thunderknuckles
10-18-2013, 10:54 AM
What should happen???

Exactly right!
I don't even know why this is an issue. Of course the child should stay with the parents. Being born a U.S. citizen they can come back whenever they wish. If there ever was a scenario where you can have your cake and eat it too, this is it.

Kathianne
10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Get rid of 14th amendment. Let parents raise the child in their country and the child can return when of age. In the meantime, the parents can get in line for green card.

Arbo
10-18-2013, 02:55 PM
The kids should be sent back with the parents. It's not our responsibility to take care of them. And we need to get rid of this stupid idea that if you drop out a kid on US property they are magically a citizen. That's bogus. At this point, if your parents are, fine, you are, otherwise, GTFO.

jimnyc
10-18-2013, 04:20 PM
The kids should be sent back with the parents. It's not our responsibility to take care of them. And we need to get rid of this stupid idea that if you drop out a kid on US property they are magically a citizen. That's bogus. At this point, if your parents are, fine, you are, otherwise, GTFO.

I couldn't agree more. I think this needs to be changed as well. I think these kids should only be listed as citizens of they are 'dropped' by parents who are citizens. I feel for the kids, but that's the PARENTS responsibility to raise them, not the US government on the taxpayers dime.

Larrymc
10-18-2013, 06:37 PM
The kids should be sent back with the parents. It's not our responsibility to take care of them. And we need to get rid of this stupid idea that if you drop out a kid on US property they are magically a citizen. That's bogus. At this point, if your parents are, fine, you are, otherwise, GTFO.I agree, but it is a tragedy to deport school age children, but its a tragedy that there parents and our on Government chose for them by allowing there parents to function even enrolling them in school illegally, we have children living in all kinds of tragic situations there parents put them in, why should those be any different??

Missileman
10-18-2013, 07:03 PM

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

They need to get rid of the anchor baby provisions and send the kids along with mom and dad back to their own country.

aboutime
10-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I agree, but it is a tragedy to deport school age children, but its a tragedy that there parents and our on Government chose for them by allowing there parents to function even enrolling them in school illegally, we have children living in all kinds of tragic situations there parents put them in, why should those be any different??

Larrymc. The REAL TRAGEDY IS...nobody is paying attention, nor are they following the Laws they have been elected to protect for WE THE PEOPLE.

The future Tragedy appears to be what we may all call "THE FORMER UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"

Larrymc
10-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Larrymc. The REAL TRAGEDY IS...nobody is paying attention, nor are they following the Laws they have been elected to protect for WE THE PEOPLE.

The future Tragedy appears to be what we may all call "THE FORMER UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"Im afaid it will take another revaluation, but i don't the will is there, perhaps God has had enough???

Arbo
10-18-2013, 09:00 PM
I agree, but it is a tragedy to deport school age children,

Why? They go back to their home country with their parents... in general, the best place to be is with their parents. If they think their country sucks, do the paperwork to get here legally.