PDA

View Full Version : Once again

Grumplestillskin
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
OCA gets somebody wound up then bans them..

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=390&page=2

Gee, you're such a nice guy Mike! :eek2:

MtnBiker
01-24-2007, 11:45 PM
No that is not what happened.

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 06:18 AM
I looked into this and OCA actually had nothing to do with the banning in question.

Pale Rider and Manfrommaine were having a discussion in the thread about the academy awards. Pale made a few comments about brokeback mountain that manfrommaine didn't like. His response was a personal attack on Pale because of his beliefs. The post in question was 'soft deleted' - which means it's deleted for all regular members but mods/admins can still read the post.

I think being kicked for the evening was sufficient and the ban has already been lifted.

I've been nothing but fair with everyone, including all liberals. I wasn't pleased with the email I received from manfrommaine after his banning last evening. The 'Contact Us' feature sends email directly to me. Anyone that knows me, also knows that if you contact me politely that I am willing to work with anyone for positive results.

Mike can sometimes be a little crass or aggressive in his posts but he had nothing to do with this situation!

OCA
01-25-2007, 06:59 AM
OCA gets somebody wound up then bans them..

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=390&page=2

Gee, you're such a nice guy Mike! :eek2:

Fuck you Chump, there is a thread in chat which requires your immeduate attention, you have 24 hrs to satisfy me in that thread.

jillian
01-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Fuck you Chump, there is a thread in chat which requires your immeduate attention, you have 24 hrs to satisfy me in that thread.

And then what?

OCA
01-25-2007, 07:41 AM
And then what?

Use your imagination.

Honestly i'm tired of the unfounded accusations that spring up everytime something like this takes place. For chrissakes i'm not even logged on when this happened and the board dunce Chump thinks I did it.

At the very least he owes a PUBLIC apology, i'm not accepting it through pm.

Roomy
01-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Use your imagination.

Honestly i'm tired of the unfounded accusations that spring up everytime something like this takes place. For chrissakes i'm not even logged on when this happened and the board dunce Chump thinks I did it.

At the very least he owes a PUBLIC apology, i'm not accepting it through pm.

How many apologies should you have posted over the months I have known you?Grow up soft lad, always throwing your weight around, and no, I didn't pm anyone before you start whining on at me too.If you start banning everyone others might just follow them on principle, we are supposed to be building a board here, at least some of us are.

Grumplestillskin
01-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Grow up Mike or fuck off. Your choice. According to my "who's here" board, you were here when he got kicked.

Jim
PM coming...

MtnBiker
01-25-2007, 12:59 PM
According to my "who's here" board, you were here when he got kicked.

It is possible for any member to appear to be logged in but actually not be. This is done when some one closes their internet explorer without logging out of the site. The messageboard server will keep the member active for several minutes and then log out due to inactivity.

The ClayTaurus
01-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Honestly i'm tired of the unfounded accusations that spring up everytime something like this takes place.If you're so tired of it, maybe you shouldn't have taken such public pleasure in banning people. That kind of thing spawns this kind of thing.

It's wrong that you got incorrectly blamed, but you go far and above any other mod when it comes to threatening people with your status and appearing to not care whether or not there's any reason beyond "because."

Grumplestillskin
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
It is possible for any member to appear to be logged in but actually not be. This is done when some one closes their internet explorer without logging out of the site. The messageboard server will keep the member active for several minutes and then log out due to inactivity.

I know...which is why I thought he did it...

MtnBiker
01-25-2007, 01:22 PM
I know...which is why I thought he did it...

You know what? That a member may not actually be on the site yet appear to be logged in. Why would you automatically assume that OCA did something knowing he may not have been on the site?

MtnBiker
01-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Case in point; OCA just now does not appear on the "Who is online" yet it is likely he has been gone for several minutes. I monitored his activity, he was viewing the same thread for the past 15 minutes according to his activity, it is likely he only viewed it for a few minutes then left the site without logging out.

Grumplestillskin
01-25-2007, 01:27 PM
You know what? That a member may not actually be on the site yet appear to be logged in. Why would you automatically assume that OCA did something knowing he may not have been on the site?

Because I saw OCA call him a traitor, MFM responded in kind, came back to my ptuer 10 minutes later and MFM was banned and Mike's avatar was still up.

BTW, I totally disagree with not discussing bans on threads. We are all community members here and have a stake in its wellbeing. When a regular is banned, I think if the community wants to be inclusive, it should be discussed. Not talking abuot blatant thread derailing like RWA does, or those idiots who troll with ads or obvious flamming..

jackass
01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
I kinda agree with this. Maybe we can have a board justice section? Discussing who got banned, why and who WE think should be banned??

manu1959
01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Because I saw OCA call him a traitor, MFM responded in kind, came back to my ptuer 10 minutes later and MFM was banned and Mike's avatar was still up.

BTW, I totally disagree with not discussing bans on threads. We are all community members here and have a stake in its wellbeing. When a regular is banned, I think if the community wants to be inclusive, it should be discussed. Not talking abuot blatant thread derailing like RWA does, or those idiots who troll with ads or obvious flamming..

i was on last night and watched it

oca called murtha a turncoat and a traitor

mainmain called oca a goat fucker

you make the call

Grumplestillskin
01-25-2007, 02:01 PM

you make the call

Wrong, he said MFM coddled up to terrorists and compared him to Murtha as a traitor, then turncoat.
Both as bad as each other IMO..

retiredman
01-25-2007, 02:07 PM

you make the call

manu...I realise you probably have no way of knowing this, but, for a man who made a career in the US Navy, being called a traitor is every bit as insulting as being called a goat fucker.

manu1959
01-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Wrong, he said MFM coddled up to terrorists and compared him to Murtha as a traitor, then turncoat.
Both as bad as each other IMO..

saying someone holds views similar to another person, an stating an opinion that ones actions are aiding and abetting the enemy.... is not callign some one a tratior .... if you read OCA's words he never says it ....you and maine drew a conclusion.

saying someone is a goat fucker is a prtty staright forword acustaion

further, per the owner's of this siad OCA didn't ban him....

so all y'alls acusations that oca wond him up and banned him are false

given mains posts, i could argue that he knew those posts would wind up oca
and maine would then flame him knowing he would get banned then you could all pounce on oca and dmp to try and get rid of them

looks like a liberal consipiracy to me...

manu1959
01-25-2007, 02:19 PM
manu...I realise you probably have no way of knowing this, but, for a man who made a career in the US Navy, being called a traitor is every bit as insulting as being called a goat fucker.

yes i am too stupid to know that calling a career military person a traitor is an insult.....given that my godfather was nrc chairman under reagn, my brother worked in the bush white house my grand father was an field artillery man in the 40's and head of the VFW in the 60's, my dad was a lieutenant and i spent some of my youth near fort ord ..... yea there is no way i would know that ....

odd that you have such a thin skin for a career military guy ..... usually you all are better trained and more logical and better debaters than the average man and tend to rise above baseless comments and opinions ...

Grumplestillskin
01-25-2007, 02:22 PM
saying someone holds views similar to another person, an stating an opinion that ones actions are aiding and abetting the enemy.... is not callign some one a tratior .... if you read OCA's words he never says it ....you and maine drew a conclusion.

So if I say, "Manu, just like Bob Smith you're a goat fucker" that is not insulting you? BS....

given mains posts, i could argue that he knew those posts would wind up oca
and maine would then flame him knowing he would get banned then you could all pounce on oca and dmp to try and get rid of them

looks like a liberal consipiracy to me...

Looks like a conspiracy (on your part) period...:lol:

retiredman
01-25-2007, 02:31 PM
yes i am too stupid to know that calling a career military person a traitor is an insult.....given that my godfather was nrc chairman under reagn, my brother worked in the bush white house my grand father was an field artillery man in the 40's and head of the VFW in the 60's, my dad was a lieutenant and i spent some of my youth near fort ord ..... yea there is no way i would know that ....

that sounds an awful lot like, "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"

My skin isn't thin...I just have made it a practice to give back to those that insult me... it really isn't much trouble.

Mr. P
01-25-2007, 02:35 PM

odd that you have such a thin skin for a career military guy ..... usually you all are better trained and more logical and better debaters than the average man and tend to rise above baseless comments and opinions ...

My experience with career military retirees is many many of them place themselves on a pedestal above all civilians and continue to wear their rank after retirement and demand it be recognized.

They just can’t accept the fact that they are now just a PFC (private fucking civilian).

I’ve worked with way too many of these folks.

retiredman
01-25-2007, 02:57 PM
My experience with career military retirees is many many of them place themselves on a pedestal above all civilians and continue to wear their rank after retirement and demand it be recognized.

They just can’t accept the fact that they are now just a PFC (private fucking civilian).

do you have any experience working with ME?

I do not wear my rank.... but in discussions about the military and about the middle east, I state my opinion and, particularly about the middle east, I sometimes stress my military experience in the area which, I would hope, lends some increment of credence to my opinions.

Much like if the subject around the lunch table were heart surgery, one would tend to give some increment of additional weight to the opinion of a resident studying to be a cardiologist over that of, say, the guy who fixes the photocopiers.

darin
01-25-2007, 02:59 PM

Right there with you. Honestly, it's the WORST in LTC levels. Often, they are out to prove they SHOULD have been a Colonel. They want to prove they were GOOD enough, just not selected.

I have a co-worker who used to wear his retired-rank on his sleeve. It SUCKED.

manu1959
01-25-2007, 03:14 PM
that sounds an awful lot like, "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"

My skin isn't thin...I just have made it a practice to give back to those that insult me... it really isn't much trouble.

so if i insult you now for your comment you will be ok with that?

and when you flame me and get banned you will accept that as your fault?

manu1959
01-25-2007, 03:15 PM
do you have any experience working with ME?

I do not wear my rank.... but in discussions about the military and about the middle east, I state my opinion and, particularly about the middle east, I sometimes stress my military experience in the area which, I would hope, lends some increment of credence to my opinions.

Much like if the subject around the lunch table were heart surgery, one would tend to give some increment of additional weight to the opinion of a resident studying to be a cardiologist over that of, say, the guy who fixes the photocopiers.

yes you do....you threw it in my face....and when i threw mine in yours you insulted me.....

you deserved your ban

OCA
01-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Grow up Mike or fuck off. Your choice. According to my "who's here" board, you were here when he got kicked.

Jim
PM coming...

Eat shit Grump, I logged off at around 10:30 not that it matters. Pale banned him but you are too much of a pussy to man up and say "sorry OCA I fucked up, I assumed you banned him then found out it was Pale, I made an ass out of myself, my bad".....nah that would be too much to ask from a classless piece of shit like you.

darin
01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
As this is the THIRD topic in this forum about the SAME problem, I'll quote Jim, and leave it at that. If people want to man-up, and apologize that's fine. If not, you have to live with yourselves.

Enough has been said here, and explanations given. For future reference, as opposed to bringing personal stuff out for all to see, issues with a moderator should be brought to Darin, MtnBiker or you can contact me. We will do our best to explain things and pt everyone on the same page. But debating of moderating is NEVER good for any community. Asking for an explanation is ok, but that should suffice.

Thanks!