PDA

View Full Version : Can't share on Facebook yet...so I am sharing here...

Trinity
08-21-2013, 06:14 PM
I had a phone interview today with a company that has grown by over 300% in the past two years....

I thought I had applied for an IT help desk level 2 position....but the guy I interviewed with on the phone loved me and wants me for a project management position....which means way more money and perks.

I go in for a face to face interview with him and his boss on Monday.....wish me luck.

Missileman
08-21-2013, 06:17 PM
I had a phone interview today with a company that has grown by over 300% in the past two years....

I thought I had applied for an IT help desk level 2 position....but the guy I interviewed with on the phone loved me and wants me for a project management position....which means way more money and perks.

I go in for a face to face interview with him and his boss on Monday.....wish me luck.

Good Luck!

tailfins
08-21-2013, 06:18 PM

I thought you recently landed a "dream job". I suggest you sharpen your liar detecting skills. Have things gone sour at your current gig? Don't forget to investigate the new company on GlassDoor.com Some companies pressure current employees to leave positive GlassDoor reviews. Use the negative reviews as a basis for interview questions.

Case in point: ABC/Disney/ESPN (all the same organization) do this and you will see lots of obvious contrived reviews. Below is a realistic one:

<tt class="notranslate"> “Good for the right person...” (http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Disney-RVW2452560.htm) </tt>

<tt class="i-occ">Senior Software Engineer</tt> (Former Employee)
<tt class="i-loc"> Lake Buena Vista, FL </tt>

I worked at <tt class="i-emp">Disney</tt> as a contractor for more than a year
Pros – <tt class="notranslate">Excellent facility. Lots of peers.</tt>
Cons – <tt class="notranslate">Corporate drama and politics. Not a tech company.</tt>
Advice to Senior Management – <tt class="notranslate">Nurture creativity or define what you want better.</tt>
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Trinity
08-21-2013, 06:24 PM
I thought you recently landed a "dream job". I suggest you sharpen your liar detecting skills. Have things gone sour at your current gig? Don't forget to investigate the new company on GlassDoor.com

Let's just say I went into my current gig as a contractor with full expectations of being hired on as a FTE....needless to say I keep my ear to the chatter on the ground and this very large worldwide company will not be hiring any contractors as FTE in the near future..... time to move on.......

Don't get me wrong I love my job and the people I work with but....contract versus FTE....FTE wins out every time.

Oh and yes I did just that and everything I was told today I had already verified from multiple sources....other then I was not expecting to be offered a project management job.....BONUS....lol

tailfins
08-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Let's just say I went into my current gig as a contractor with full expectations of being hired on as a FTE....needless to say I keep my ear to the chatter on the ground and this very large worldwide company will not be hiring any contractors as FTE in the near future..... time to move on.......

Don't get me wrong I love my job and the people I work with but....contract versus FTE....FTE wins out every time.

Oh and yes I did just that and everything I was told today I had already verified from multiple sources....other then I was not expecting to be offered a project management job.....BONUS....lol

The only reason I would want an FTE so that I could file an Americans With Disabilities Act accommodation and be "fire proof". I once had a witch Director that wanted to fire me soooooo bad. She decided to make me sit in my chair all day without doing any work. She wound up getting fired after being with the company for nine years after getting a Federal EEOC complaint.

Gaffer
08-21-2013, 06:51 PM
One thing about Trinity, she will go into an interview knowing more about the company than the interviewer does.

Trinity
08-21-2013, 07:03 PM
One thing about Trinity, she will go into an interview knowing more about the company than the interviewer does.

True True....I don't get called the research queen for nothing.