PDA

View Full Version : Charles Nenner to Moneynews: US Headed for Recession and It's 'Going to Be Bad'

Jeff
08-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Well I couldn't really think of a good recession but at least it is in print what most of of knew anyway

Technical analyst Charles Nenner didn’t mince words when asked about the United States facing another recession.

"It's going to be bad," Nenner told Newsmax TV in an exclusive interview.

"It's very scary because we didn't have a lot of growth and when this economic expansion is over, we're going to be in trouble," the founder and president of the Charles Nenner Research Center said.

Watch our exclusive video. Story continues below.

http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/charles-nenner-recession-economy-united-states/2013/08/19/id/521167?s=al&promo_code=149CB-1

fj1200
08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Someone is always predicting a massive recession. Sometimes they are correct. Rarely for the right reasons though IMO.

logroller
08-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Someone is always predicting a massive recession. Sometimes they are correct. Rarely for the right reasons though IMO.
prognostication rule #1 -- predict the inevitable.
Rule #2 -- leave out the details.

Jeff
08-22-2013, 05:45 PM

I must say I agree with ya both, in this case I am afraid my dog could of made the prediction and been correct , I like rule # 2 it would be nice if someone could pin point the problem , then it could easily be fixed. It is simply to say it is Obama's fault but that doesn't really cut ( he isn't helping ) but we have been heading down hill for a long time.

fj1200
08-22-2013, 09:26 PM
I must say I agree with ya both, in this case I am afraid my dog could of made the prediction and been correct , I like rule # 2 it would be nice if someone could pin point the problem , then it could easily be fixed. It is simply to say it is Obama's fault but that doesn't really cut ( he isn't helping ) but we have been heading down hill for a long time.

Our global rankings have been getting worse in comparison to the world for some time. I think before '08 the rest of the world was just catching up and since '08 we've been taking major steps backward. The problem is that we are just basically suffering this slow drip which isn't enough to shock anyone into action.

fj1200
08-22-2013, 09:30 PM

Rule #3 -- when it actually happens ride that B* until someone catches on.