PDA

View Full Version : Senator: Obama 'perilously close' to impeachment

Jeff
08-22-2013, 09:38 PM
It is coming , these senators are slowly coming around and I guess rightfully so being as big a deal as this is but they are all starting to realize what they must do .

WASHINGTON – The momentum to remove the president is growing rapidly, as almost every day another lawmaker raises the possibility of impeaching President Obama.
Now, it’s Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla, who said Wednesday the president is getting “perilously close” to qualifying for impeachment.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/senator-obama-perilously-close-to-impeachment/

aboutime
08-22-2013, 09:41 PM
It is coming , these senators are slowly coming around and I guess rightfully so being as big a deal as this is but they are all starting to realize what they must do .

WASHINGTON – The momentum to remove the president is growing rapidly, as almost every day another lawmaker raises the possibility of impeaching President Obama.
Now, it’s Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla, who said Wednesday the president is getting “perilously close” to qualifying for impeachment.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/senator-obama-perilously-close-to-impeachment/

Jeff. Unfortunately. Unless there is a surge of Democrats in both the House, and Senate who turn 180 and agree with Coburn. It's never gonna happen.
As long as Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid have ANY POWER. It's just a huge PIPE DREAM.

Perianne
08-23-2013, 01:44 AM
That would leave Biden as President. I would rather have Biden.

Jeff
08-23-2013, 01:58 AM
That would leave Biden as President. I would rather have Biden.

That is a scary thought and I would love to say at least he wouldn't be a racist but I am not sure if he knows what color he is :laugh:

AT I hear ya but as each senator changes it is one step closer as the Dems realize the American people want this and the Republicans are pushing the Dems will flip, elections are coming soon and there loyalty to Obama is nothing when it comes to there pockets

Thunderknuckles
08-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Coburn has been fairly quiet the last couple of years and is now coming out of the woodwork to make some news worthy statements. Is it because there is any truth to them or because he is stoking his constituents for the 2014 mid term election? I'm betting on the latter.

Jeff
08-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Coburn has been fairly quiet the last couple of years and is now coming out of the woodwork to make some news worthy statements. Is it because there is any truth to them or because he is stoking his constituents for the 2014 mid term election? I'm betting on the latter.

TK it really is a shame when we have to wonder that, but unfortunately we do and of course the only way you will even get Dems to look at this is for the very same reason, when being reelected is the only thing that causes ya to do your Job that is sad, this is one reason ( and a great one) to push for term limits in Congress, but then ya would have them really standing on party lines because they would know no matter there vote they will be losing there excessive car and all that goes with it

fj1200
08-23-2013, 08:42 AM

Still never happen and what they could do... and stay with me here... is to start passing laws and stuff to reign in all the abuses that we've undergone and the wonderful thing is the hurdle is only 50 votes in each chamber, far less than what it takes to convict in the Senate.

I know, call me crazy, because members of Congress care more about party than they do the integrity of their own branch of government.

aboutime
08-23-2013, 01:17 PM

Thunderknuckles. COBURN isn't running for anything. He has reached his TERM LIMITS in Congress.

Thunderknuckles
08-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Thunderknuckles. COBURN isn't running for anything. He has reached his TERM LIMITS in Congress.
Ahh, then maybe a presidential run?

Marcus Aurelius
08-23-2013, 02:59 PM

um... there ARE no term limits in Congress.

aboutime
08-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Ahh, then maybe a presidential run?

Coburn's an MD. He's done with politics. At least he's smart enough NOT to Lower Himself to Obama brands of No Standards.