PDA

View Full Version : So, Paula Deen is Ruined, and for What?

hjmick
08-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Apparently for no GOD damned good reason...

A statement from former restaurant manager Lisa Jackson:

"During a very difficult period in my life the Deen family gave me hope and the opportunity to work to build a brighter future for my family and me," Jackson said in a statement to TODAY.

"I assumed that all of my complaints about the workplace environment were getting to Paula Deen, but I learned during this matter that this was not the case. The Paula Deen I have known for more than eight years, is a woman of compassion and kindness and will never tolerate discrimination or racism of any kind toward anyone. I now know that the workplace environment issues that I raised are being reviewed and will in the future no longer be at issue. I wish Ms. Deen and her family all the best in all of their future endeavors and I am very pleased that this matter has been now been resolved and can now be put behind us."

So, because she thought her complaints had reached Deen but were being ignored she sued. She sued for sexual harassment and racial discrimination. She's White, the judge tossed the racial discrimination complaint two weeks ago saying:

...others may have faced that discrimination in the restaurant, Jackson could not sue since she was not one of the victims.

Today, the rest of the claims against Deen were dismissed with prejudice, which means Jackson cannot sue again. All claims against Deen were dismissed with no award of costs or fees to any party.

No cost except Deen's livelihood and reputation. Other than that...

A travesty if you ask me.

All claims dismissed against Paula Deen in employee lawsuit (http://www.today.com/food/all-claims-dismissed-against-paula-deen-employee-lawsuit-8C10990275)

red state
08-23-2013, 05:41 PM
If you really want to know why she was ruined....

#1 SHE's WHITE
#2 SHE's SOUTHERN
#3 SHE's Successful
#4 SHE's WHITE

Does that pretty much answer the question?

Seriously, though, there is and has been a double standard and some folks simply have to be STRONGER in overcoming adversity because there are those who are weaker, narrow minded and filled with HATE that will do anything within their power to knock the STRONG ones down to their level.

SassyLady
08-23-2013, 08:03 PM
I hope all those that jumped on the bandwagon to help destroy Paula choke on their own petard!!!

aboutime
08-23-2013, 08:23 PM
I hope all those that jumped on the bandwagon to help destroy Paula choke on their own petard!!!

Sassy. Good thought but....None of them who jumped on that bandwagon are smart enough, or even have the brains God gave ants.
In fact. If COTTON was brains. None of them would have enough to Tampon an Ant.

SassyLady
08-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Sassy. Good thought but....None of them who jumped on that bandwagon are smart enough, or even have the brains God gave ants.
In fact. If COTTON was brains. None of them would have enough to Tampon an Ant.

AT - you sure have a way with the metaphors.

fj1200
08-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Apparently for no GOD damned good reason...

A statement from former restaurant manager Lisa Jackson:

"I assumed that all of my complaints about the workplace environment were getting to Paula Deen, but I learned during this matter that this was not the case.

So, because she thought her complaints had reached Deen but were being ignored she sued. She sued for sexual harassment and racial discrimination. She's White, the judge tossed the racial discrimination complaint two weeks ago saying:

I see a case study in Organizational Management in someone's future.

aboutime
08-24-2013, 01:57 PM
AT - you sure have a way with the metaphors.

Thanks Sassy. At my age, after living so long, and seeing so much of the endless stupidity all around us every day. Metaphors eventually become the most reliable way to describe real life for many people who need Examples due to their lacking education.
And...it's so much fun too!