PDA

View Full Version : Obama at NY Town Hall: ‘I’m a Testament’ To Racial Progress

Jeff
08-24-2013, 07:08 AM
First off how is he a Testement to Racial progress he has had everything handed to him on a silver platter , Ivy league schools , living in Hawaii , come on Obama you can do better than that.Then of course he is a testament of how to be a racist , Martin Luther King wanted equality not to be better than the whites ( or so I have read ) Obama refuses comment on this weeks killings of white's in fact the spokesman for the WH says they hadn't even heard of it but they sure as heck hear the stories of a black man being killed

This weekend in Washington, DC, thousands will march (http://50thanniversarymarchonwashington.com/) to recognize the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. Just prior to that historic celebration, President Obama touched on the issue of race today at a town hall meeting (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57599914/obama-a-level-playing-field-is-in-all-of-our-interests/) in New York at Binghamton University. Responding to a question about educational opportunities for minorities, Obama acknowledged the progress America has made in race since Martin Luther King, Jr.'s momentous 'I Have a Dream' speech on August 28, 1963.

"Obviously we've made enormous strides -- I'm a testament to it, you're a testament to it, the diversity of this room and the students who are here is a testimony to it."
Yet, the president insisted,

"Institutional barriers for success for some groups still exist."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2013/08/23/obama-on-probradley-manning-heckler-she-was-very-polite-n1672219

Gaffer
08-24-2013, 07:11 AM
He's only a testament to black superiority, mr wright should be so proud.

Larrymc
08-24-2013, 07:33 AM
First off how is he a Testement to Racial progress he has had everything handed to him on a silver platter , Ivy league schools , living in Hawaii , come on Obama you can do better than that.Then of course he is a testament of how to be a racist , Martin Luther King wanted equality not to be better than the whites ( or so I have read ) Obama refuses comment on this weeks killings of white's in fact the spokesman for the WH says they hadn't even heard of it but they sure as heck hear the stories of a black man being killed

This weekend in Washington, DC, thousands will march (http://50thanniversarymarchonwashington.com/) to recognize the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington. Just prior to that historic celebration, President Obama touched on the issue of race today at a town hall meeting (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57599914/obama-a-level-playing-field-is-in-all-of-our-interests/) in New York at Binghamton University. Responding to a question about educational opportunities for minorities, Obama acknowledged the progress America has made in race since Martin Luther King, Jr.'s momentous 'I Have a Dream' speech on August 28, 1963.
"Obviously we've made enormous strides -- I'm a testament to it, you're a testament to it, the diversity of this room and the students who are here is a testimony to it."

Yet, the president insisted,

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2013/08/23/obama-on-probradley-manning-heckler-she-was-very-polite-n1672219

His a testament to the entitled, racist, black culture holding steady all the way to the White House.

fj1200
08-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Um, he's testament that enough of white America voted for a black man for POTUS.

Of course he probably doesn't recognize that his favored policies are responsible for those institutional barriers.

aboutime
08-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Um, he's testament that enough of white America voted for a black man for POTUS.

Of course he probably doesn't recognize that his favored policies are responsible for those institutional barriers.

fj. We're all seeing how his testament to division, and racism works even better than he thought, or planned. When you say enough of white America voted for him. Of course, you left out the honest facts about how those WHITE Americans who voted for him were AFRAID of being labeled as RACISTS..if anyone found out they DIDN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA.

fj1200
08-24-2013, 12:49 PM
fj. We're all seeing how his testament to division, and racism works even better than he thought, or planned. When you say enough of white America voted for him. Of course, you left out the honest facts about how those WHITE Americans who voted for him were AFRAID of being labeled as RACISTS..if anyone found out they DIDN'T VOTE FOR OBAMA.

You're projecting again. Last I checked ballots were confidential.

aboutime
08-24-2013, 12:51 PM
You're projecting again. Last I checked ballots were confidential.

Unlike your projection that stated White Americans????

fj1200
08-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Unlike your projection that stated White Americans????

:confused: My statement was factual and stated obvious logic.

tailfins
08-24-2013, 01:01 PM

New England is 87+% white. Tell me about Romney's six state sweep. Now if you want to talk about the bastard vote, we have another conversation. New England is the whitest region of the US, yet the most liberal. In fact, Northern New England is 95% white.

http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/regional/profile/draceneus.htm

aboutime
08-24-2013, 01:01 PM
:confused: My statement was factual and stated obvious logic.

As was mine. Or, you can prove otherwise.

fj1200
08-24-2013, 01:05 PM
As was mine. Or, you can prove otherwise.

No it wasn't, you implied that every white who voted for BO did so out of fear of being called racist.

aboutime
08-24-2013, 01:07 PM
No it wasn't, you implied that every white who voted for BO did so out of fear of being called racist.

Either they were STUPID, or AFRAID. So, how does telling the TRUTH not register with you?

fj1200
08-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Either they were STUPID, or AFRAID. So, how does telling the TRUTH not register with you?

:confused: I know plenty of smart people who voted for BO and dumb people who voted for Romney. The GOP has given precious little reason to really be attracting votes unfortunately.

aboutime
08-24-2013, 01:59 PM
:confused: I know plenty of smart people who voted for BO and dumb people who voted for Romney. The GOP has given precious little reason to really be attracting votes unfortunately.

That explanation would be a DOUBLE-FAIL, the way I see it. I voted for neither.

logroller
08-24-2013, 02:58 PM
That explanation would be a DOUBLE-FAIL, the way I see it. I voted for neither.
Was that because you don't mind wasting your vote, or because you're both racist and anti-Mormon? :poke:

aboutime
08-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Was that because you don't mind wasting your vote, or because you're both racist and anti-Mormon? :poke:

Only if I am correct in imitating, and emulating you and fj. You can say whatever makes you feel good. But that won't help you be right.

logroller
08-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Only if I am correct in imitating, and emulating you and fj. You can say whatever makes you feel good. But that won't help you be right.
Unbeknownst to you, I was emulating your twist of logic and so-called facts that ignore an alternative possibility: that you just voted for who you believed would best represent your interests, not out of fear of repercussions. Do you understand that?

When you say white Americans vote for Obama because they don't want to be seen as racist, you're ignoring the far more likely rationale of voting for whom you want-- its more likely because voting is confidential, so there's really no reasonable expectation of anyone finding out and, thus, no repercussions, ie being called a racist.

aboutime
08-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Unbeknownst to you, I was emulating your twist of logic and so-called facts that ignore an alternative possibility: that you just voted for who you believed would best represent your interests, not out of fear of repercussions. Do you understand that?

When you say white Americans vote for Obama because they don't want to be seen as racist, you're ignoring the far more likely rationale of voting for whom you want-- its more likely because voting is confidential, so there's really no reasonable expectation of anyone finding out and, thus, no repercussions, ie being called a racist.

My, oh, my. How typically Liberal of you? Prepared Excuses just never work, no matter who YOU think you are.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Obama is a testament to the fact that a sack of shit will stink no matter where it's placed or high a regard anybody has for it!!-Tyr

logroller
08-24-2013, 05:42 PM
My, oh, my. How typically Liberal of you? Prepared Excuses just never work, no matter who YOU think you are.
I see that you're working this out with internal dialogue. :thumb:

aboutime
08-24-2013, 06:32 PM
I see that you're working this out with internal dialogue. :thumb:

Whatever works best for you when you pull my finger logroller. Doesn't take much to impress you.

logroller
08-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Whatever works best for you when you pull my finger logroller. Doesn't take much to impress you.
Did you just affirm that your commentary is, metaphorically, flatulence? :laugh2:

aboutime
08-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Did you just affirm that your commentary is, metaphorically, flatulence? :laugh2:

Maybe I did. So, you must need a mouthwash, metaphorically, to cover that breath smellin' like flatulence...logroller anal nitrate.