PDA

View Full Version : Homer

WiccanLiberal
08-25-2013, 02:18 PM
I woke up and checked my FB this morning and began to cry. Homer passed on Wednesday. It may seem odd that I would cry over an animal I never met but his story was so touching, you could not help but feel a connection. I provided links to his owner's website, although much of it is not accessible right now as I am sure it is getting hammered, as well as a video she made a few years ago. If anyone is looking for an inspirational and lovely story, Homer's Odyssey is one of the best you will find. RIP Homer.

http://www.gwencooper.com/

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JGKIcp-pyi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abbey Marie
08-25-2013, 02:21 PM
I was just reading Homer's blog this morning and crying as well. The owner/author is such a good writer, too. It didn't help that we had to euthanize our beloved 17 year old cat last week. You walk into a room, and expect to see her there. I am right now wondering when the time will be right to save another shelter cat's life. I need to be sure I am ready first.

WiccanLiberal
08-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Abbey it is always time for saving another life. I have almost always had more than one animal. After my Pandora passed last year, I still had 3 kitties and the dog. V4R knew I needed another little life though. He's the one that encouraged me to look at the shelter where we found AJ. Keep your eyes and heart open. There is a wee one out there destined for your home and heart.

Kathianne
08-26-2013, 01:21 AM
I was just reading Homer's blog this morning and crying as well. The owner/author is such a good writer, too. It didn't help that we had to euthanize our beloved 17 year old cat last week. You walk into a room, and expect to see her there. I am right now wondering when the time will be right to save another shelter cat's life. I need to be sure I am ready first.

Abbey, my condolences. So hard. I'm more a dog person, but the feelings are the same. I've never had a pet that measures up to Taffy, my cocker that I inherited from my aunt and uncle. I got her when I was 7, she died whe I was in college, at 18, 5 days after I started school.

Those of us with kids, know that our beloved pets aren't the same, but can empathize with those without kids, that take their pets to a level they think is level. While the loss of a pet is real and long lasting, I don't put them with people. While they add so much to our lives, we too add to theirs.