PDA

View Full Version : Single men only wash their bed sheets four times a year, study says

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2013, 09:56 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/-single-men-only-wash-their-bed-sheets-four-times-a-year--study-says--174235872.html

http://l.yimg.com/os/152/2011/11/15/pfeiffer-40x40_001209.jpg (http://news.yahoo.com/author/eric-pfeiffer/) <cite class="byline vcard top-line">Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/author/eric-pfeiffer/) <abbr>August 24, 2013</abbr> </cite> The Sideshow (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/)

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NAo5awWhoN5Zc2aFk6vspg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2013-08-24/f2ab51f0-f8de-4fda-b898-b6a2fdcebb00_BedSheetsClean.jpgShould single men clean their bed sheets more often? (Reuters)

If you’re a single man, you may go to bed with a clear conscience but you rarely sleep on clean sheets. At least, that’s according to a new study, which found that single men on average only clean their bed sheets four times a year (http://lifestyle.msn.co.nz/nzmenslifestyle/latestnews/8711067/single-men-wash-their-sheets-four-times-a-year).

In comparison, single women change their bed sheets every two weeks.
And while cleanliness numbers surge for married couples, it appears the credit for the median boost for guys primarily belongs to women. In fact, it may be the men who are dragging the women down, as the average washing frequency amongst couples is once every 2.3 weeks, with women doing 81 percent of the washing.
And as “How Stuff Works” points out, the average person spends about a third of their entire life in bed. In other words, the old saying, “ As you make your bed, so you must lie on it (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/As+you+make+your+bed,+so+you+must+lie+on+it),” may have more meaning than originally intended.
But are these single men literally sleeping in beds of filth? Or, are the women perhaps overdoing it a bit? Turns out, it mostly depends on your own standards of cleanliness.
For example, Martha Stewart recommends washing the sheets weekly (http://www.marthastewart.com/270618/bedding-care-101), but notes that itultimately is an issue of personal preference. The Wall Street Journal also says that weekly washes are the norm (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303459004577361911935936578.html) but that many other go several weeks between cleanings.
For people with asthma or other allergies, clean bed sheets are more of a priority. That’s because sheets, and mattresses and pillowcases in particular, are excellent at accumulating dust and microorganisms that can disrupt otherwise healthy breathing patterns.
In that case, many experts recommend laying plastic covers on top of mattresses and even pillows in order to keep those microorganisms from making a home inside the mattress or pillow padding.
"The conventional idea is that you might exacerbate eczema, hayfever or asthma at night, but all of these ideas are more based on conventional wisdom, not necessarily founded in experience," Euan Tovey, head of the Allergen Research Group at the Woolcock Institute of Medical Research told MSN.
"We've done research that showed that you don't get as much exposure to dust mites in bed as we once thought. Anywhere where there is dust and movement you are going to get exposure –– it's not confined to bed," he added. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Once every 3 months is wickedly gross. My wife washes ours weekly and we have 4 changes . Every 2 days she puts a new set on. Before when I was without a wife I and slept in it by myself I did it about once every two to three weeks. Once every 3 months is not a good thing..... Now when I was a young single man I paid to have my laundry done twice a week and a set of bed sheets was always in every washing , always had at least three sets. I was shocked to read the once every three month figure for single guys...... I mean, damn, girls must not be very picky these days!! - Tyr

Gaffer
08-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Bed sheets? You used bed sheets? I think I got a set around here somewhere. :laugh:

jafar00
08-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Ewww

Drummond
08-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Ewww

.. Er'm, no, Jafar, this is not a story about any Muslim chemical attack ... it's far more harmless than that.

I like the dog in the picture, by the way.

red state
08-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Ewww

Ewwww, my @$$ you hipocritical piece of work! Have you seen the muSLUM countries? You know, where REAL muSLUMS live? They are not only some of the most iliterate bunch of folk you'll come across but the filthiest to boot. Marcus has already proven much of this with that meat issue but I'm here to say that unless you're a wealthy (shake, sheak, sheik, sheikh, WHATEVER in a muSLUM country, they're all pretty darn dirty....and mean. No wonder they hate the rest of the world so much. Bad thing is, they should take it out on their leaders and not others in FREE Nations who are simply bettering themselves. muSLUMS, like leftists, rather bring others down to there pityful level so let me here you say EEEEEWWWW to the grotesqueness or muSLUMS.

DragonStryk72
08-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Ewwww, my @$$ you hipocritical piece of work! Have you seen the muSLUM countries? You know, where REAL muSLUMS live? They are not only some of the most iliterate bunch of folk you'll come across but the filthiest to boot. Marcus has already proven much of this with that meat issue but I'm here to say that unless you're a wealthy (shake, sheak, sheik, sheikh, WHATEVER in a muSLUM country, they're all pretty darn dirty....and mean. No wonder they hate the rest of the world so much. Bad thing is, they should take it out on their leaders and not others in FREE Nations who are simply bettering themselves. muSLUMS, like leftists, rather bring others down to there pityful level so let me here you say EEEEEWWWW to the grotesqueness or muSLUMS.

Would you just take this crap to the cage?! Seriously, it's every single damned thread, man. He uttered one word, and you're ripping him a new one yet again. This post is off-topic as hell. Jafar is not responsible for the state of cleanliness of the Middle East, just as you are not responsible for the state of cleanliness of New Jersey, He's in fucking Australia.

Drummond
08-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Would you just take this crap to the cage?! Seriously, it's every single damned thread, man. He uttered one word, and you're ripping him a new one yet again. This post is off-topic as hell. Jafar is not responsible for the state of cleanliness of the Middle East, just as you are not responsible for the state of cleanliness of New Jersey, He's in fucking Australia.

Yes, he uttered one word (actually, more precisely, he typed it ..). A derisory word. A judgmental word. This, from someone who's less inclined than this to be judgmental against a certain terrorist organisation's activities !

Yes, Jafar comes from Australia (.. though he travels a lot, and has spent time in the Muslim home region). Fact is, though, that he's loyal to his Middle Eastern buddies, rather less so to any US interests.

You might want to take all this into consideration before rushing to your own judgment.

DragonStryk72
08-26-2013, 06:06 AM
Yes, he uttered one word (actually, more precisely, he typed it ..). A derisory word. A judgmental word. This, from someone who's less inclined than this to be judgmental against a certain terrorist organisation's activities !Not the topic of discussion. Please show how any of this connects to the time lapse between sheets being washed

Yes, Jafar comes from Australia (.. though he travels a lot, and has spent time in the Muslim home region). Fact is, though, that he's loyal to his Middle Eastern buddies, rather less so to any US interests. Not the topic of discussion. Please show how any of this connects to the time lapse between sheets being washed

You might want to take all this into consideration before rushing to your own judgment.

Very well, then tear into Tyr, since he and Jafar agreed that 3 months between washings. Otherwise, you're being directly hypocritical yourself.

Btw, our own troops have spent more time in the Middle East than Jafar, so does that make them the enemy now? What's the ratio? Because a number have spent years over there, and know Muslims that they like a bunch, so clearly they're tainted now, right?

It isn't rushed judgment, though yours most certainly is. You guys hammer him in every thread, even if it has nothing to do with the discussion (see this thread), make up threads to open up a swipe at him, and it is a constant thing. You're bullies, plain and simple. He doesn't go off at you, doesn't disparage you. The same cannot be said in reverse, however. You guys are constantly slamming him any time he interacts, and if he disagrees on any one thing, you hold that up as proof to all.

You certainly do not agree with every single thing that England says and does, so why is it that you came to the idea that everyone else is some walking stereotype? Because that's all you ever treat him like.

Drummond
08-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Very well, then tear into Tyr, since he and Jafar agreed that 3 months between washings. Otherwise, you're being directly hypocritical yourself.

Tyr doesn't use threads for anti-American rhetoric. Jafar, however, is motivated to do so.

Btw, our own troops have spent more time in the Middle East than Jafar, so does that make them the enemy now? What's the ratio? Because a number have spent years over there, and know Muslims that they like a bunch, so clearly they're tainted now, right?

They had identical reasons for being there ?

Besides, I thought your troops served tours of duty, rather than just remained there, year after year ?

It isn't rushed judgment, though yours most certainly is. You guys hammer him in every thread, even if it has nothing to do with the discussion (see this thread), make up threads to open up a swipe at him, and it is a constant thing. You're bullies, plain and simple. He doesn't go off at you, doesn't disparage you. The same cannot be said in reverse, however. You guys are constantly slamming him any time he interacts, and if he disagrees on any one thing, you hold that up as proof to all.

No, Jafar 'doesn't go off' at us, at least, not for the most part (though I'm sure I saw one such post in the past 24-48 hours). But then ... would any propagandist not measure his tone, as to hope to be at his most convincing to his target audience ?

Jafar has his agenda, which he loyally follows. It's to convince people that Islam is no enemy; that, despite the clear evidence to the contrary which gets reported daily, it is 'a religion of peace'; to say that Israel are 'bad guys' in the Middle East, oppressors, that Hamas, DESPITE BEING TERRORISTS, are somehow viewable as 'good guys'. Oh, and he's questioned what we know to be true of the Holocaust, as well, which makes him something of a Holocaust denier.

And there's more, besides - but you get the drift. You say WE are bullies, but you're overlooking all the peddling of highly misleading propaganda he's peddling to us. Do you seriously believe that nobody here has any right to react against any of that ??

Serious, decent, honest debate is fine. Who of reason could ever object to that ? But with Jafar, we have someone pursuing his own prejudices, his own agenda, his own loyalties, and it's one that is in sympathy with a KNOWN TERRORIST GROUP.

And you think that nobody has any right to react appropriately to any of this ??

You certainly do not agree with every single thing that England says and does, so why is it that you came to the idea that everyone else is some walking stereotype? Because that's all you ever treat him like.

There are a couple of crucial differences. One, I'm HONEST in all I say .. I'm not peddling propaganda. For another, I'm not intent upon supporting any group, or interest, which propagates race hate, as Jafar's Hamas buddies do, and in the WORST conceivable way.

I'd rather be outspoken, but honest, than comparatively polite but disingenuous. And of course, wild horses couldn't drag any form of support for terrorists, ANY terrorists, out of me.

I have asked Jafar if he could possibly find a way of posting a good word about Jews. I have asked him, more than once, to cease his support of Hamas terrorists. Each of these was a perfectly reasonable request. But Jafar is too intent on his sanitising agenda to consider doing any of that. He sidesteps challenges he finds too awkward to face.

You're trying to portray Jafar as some sort of 'victim', it seems to me. Au contraire !! If we all followed Jafar's lead, we'd become anti-Semitic believers in what's ultimately a LIE about the whole nature of Islam. And in the process, our opposition to what is, after all, an invasive creed would likely evaporate.

If that were to happen, who would be the REAL victims here ??

Perhaps you believe America deserves no better than that. I say .. PERHAPS.

For myself - I happen to be a believer in Western values. I think freedom, decency, democracy, all have real worth, and trump Islamic despotism every minute of every day !! I debate honestly, and, I believe, honourably. Contrast that with a peddler in anti-Western values who does not tell the truth about either those values, nor the practitioners of them.

I trust I have answered you.

jafar00
08-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Apparently single men only wash their bed sheets four times a year. Ewww.

I was always a 2 week kinda guy.

Thank you! It's true. I get followed everywhere. Any time I make a comment, one of them comes along and turns whatever thread it is into a Muslim bashing thread that eventually turns a story about a fluffy dog into an in depth discussion of Hamas or something.

Drummond
08-26-2013, 08:15 AM

Thank you! It's true. I get followed everywhere. Any time I make a comment, one of them comes along and turns whatever thread it is into a Muslim bashing thread that eventually turns a story about a fluffy dog into an in depth discussion of Hamas or something.

Ah, well ... since you mention Hamas, Jafar, tell me. How's your support of them coming along ? And, most importantly, what can you tell us about how often Gazans change their bedlinen ?

This is so much more important than whether or not they've fired any rockets at Israel today ..

Do you think you'll ever give up support for them .. no matter WHAT they do ? Would their being derelict in frequently changing bedlinen be the straw that broke the camel's back, Jafar ?

glockmail
08-26-2013, 08:18 AM
When I was single it was once/ week. Apparently I'm abnormal.

Marcus Aurelius
08-26-2013, 08:24 AM
When I was single it was once/ week. Apparently I'm abnormal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LadKEstUlaA

Drummond
08-26-2013, 08:36 AM

Adding to the somewhat detailed reply I've already given you, DragonStryk ... you might like to know that, in JafarWorld, even though it was America that was attacked on 11th September 2001, it was the Muslims who - apparently - were the real victims !!

From a thread discussing the impending march of a million Muslims on Washington, set to happen on 11th September ... this from Jafar ...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?42597-Impeachment-group-crashing-9-11-Muslim-march&p=660398#post660398

They picked 9/11 because on that day in 2001, they became innocent victims of harassment, profiling, vilification and domestic terrorism.

I bet you didn't realise that the REAL victims of the day have been MUSLIMS .. eh, DragonStryk ???

Need I comment further ? I think NOT ...

jafar00
08-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Ah, well ... since you mention Hamas, Jafar, tell me. How's your support of them coming along ? And, most importantly, what can you tell us about how often Gazans change their bedlinen ?

This is so much more important than whether or not they've fired any rockets at Israel today ..

Do you think you'll ever give up support for them .. no matter WHAT they do ? Would their being derelict in frequently changing bedlinen be the straw that broke the camel's back, Jafar ?

Some Gazans probably don't even have bed linen..... or beds.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-26-2013, 06:13 PM

Thank you! It's true. I get followed everywhere. Any time I make a comment, one of them comes along and turns whatever thread it is into a Muslim bashing thread that eventually turns a story about a fluffy dog into an in depth discussion of Hamas or something. Bull hockey dude.. Send your complaints to admin here. When Jim tells me to slow down I will until then you don't --OWN-- ISLAM ANYMORE THAN I OWN Christianity!!!! Just because another member thinks you are mistreated cuts no ice with me. It took almost a year to drag out of you your damn support for a known terrorist group(Hamas) (and since the Muslim Brotherhood ) and one which you refused to stop supporting here in your posts. America's greatest future threat is Islam and By God I will mention it every time its warranted in any subject and since America's security, future and military are very broad and encompassing subjects its warranted a damn lot. When you reply to those posts in lame attempts to sanitize or outright defend Islam or the terrorists I will counter until I'm forced to leave . I'll not ever break my sworn oath. Not for anything in this damn universe! I NEVER BREAK AN OATH! -Tyr

Drummond
08-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Some Gazans probably don't even have bed linen..... or beds.

.... PROBABLY ??

YOU DON'T KNOW ?

Is this an admission not only of your great sympathy for terrorist supporters, but that YOU'RE INVENTING THE BASIS FOR IT ?

jimnyc
08-26-2013, 08:41 PM
How often do married men wash them? :dunno:

jimnyc
08-26-2013, 08:42 PM

Btw, if it were up to us, probably the same as the single schmucks. Luckily for us married guys, we have good women to keep us in line, and demand we do our wash! :beer:

red state
08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Spot on Drummond...the librerals will see what they will but I have never seen where they have been so passionate about attacking others for less. The fact of the matter is that jafar sees iSLUM as perfect but when one mentions 4 week old bedding....he feels disgusted while praising the evils of butchers. That is why one word (EEewwwww...which is not a word as far as I know) got so much out of me and apparently, with all the "THANKS" going around, that frame of mind was spot on. Look 'PAL' if you don't like it....you don't have to read it. Put me on ignore or scan over my posts just as I do yours. You and a few others are truly not worth the time in reading rubbish but I do occasionally pick up on comments that the more intelligent ones provide in my defense and while I'm away from the office.

Keep on Stryking out!!! While my friends knock it out of the park! :clap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Btw, if it were up to us, probably the same as the single schmucks. Luckily for us married guys, we have good women to keep us in line, and demand we do our wash! :beer: From the article......................

In fact, it may be the men who are dragging the women down, as the average washing frequency amongst couples is once every 2.3 weeks, with women doing 81 percent of the washing.

aboutime
08-26-2013, 08:45 PM
And, this story is important because? Somebody really cares? It's much more important, and distracts from the use of Chemical WMD's in Syria, or Al Gore is now admitting Global Warming is caused by Dirty Sheets??

red state
08-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Jim, as Gaffer or Tyr suggested (I forget which one now), when we were young and full of piss and vinegar, we rarely slept (at least in the same bed) so it is hard to keep track of when the laundry was done or the sheets had been changed......If you even had sheets. Wild days indeed but we survived them.

red state
08-26-2013, 08:50 PM
And, this story is important because? Somebody really cares? It's much more important, and distracts from the use of Chemical WMD's in Syria, or Al Gore is now admitting Global Warming is caused by Dirty Sheets??

VERY, Very, very true my old and wise friend. I actually thought we had determined that GOREbal Warming was caused by cow farts. Turns out that it may be the putrid odor from the mouths of liberals.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Jim, as Gaffer or Tyr suggested (I forget which one now), when we were young and full of piss and vinegar, we rarely slept (at least in the same bed) so it is hard to keep track of when the laundry was done or the sheets had been changed......If you even had sheets. Wild days indeed but we survived them.
The nice hotels/motels I stayed at with most of those wild young beautiful women had clean sheets on the bed every time and I never once tried to stay in the same place in the same week. I was quite a rambler back then and was at clubs in four different towns just about every week back then. :laugh: A wild young buck had to be clever not to piss off his regular line of gals.... I had gal friends that told they regularly checked our motel looking for my car when I was out of socket. Too bad for you, I thought to myself because I was in a town 32 miles away.. ;) Glory days, long gone but not forgotten. I tell ya most of those gals were so darn pretty it would make a grown man cry! There was a time when I only looked for one kind of treasure.. ;) --Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
08-26-2013, 10:02 PM

That's what wives are for.:poke:

red state
08-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Yep, TYR, glory days....or so we thought. I now see that I am living the glory days now (just older and slower). Just came in from the patio. We had been in town most of the day and actually enjoyed looking at all the stuff at our tractor store. Now days, the LOWES, tractor stores and such places entertain us whereas we once did other things to occupy our 'money'. We would have been on the patio longer but the gas finally petered out. That darn tank lasted almost a year!!!! Unbelievable. Boy, the insects and all really made me feel like going bow hunting! We are having relatively cool spell and I believe the insects are even tricked.

Hitting the hay now....going out of town to hopefully pick up our boat tomorrow. I still have much to do on the hunting place bushogging and preparing the ground for food plots but we hope to get out on the lake for a few days as our 25th Anniversary is Aug. 29 and our son's 20th birthday is Sept. 2. My how time passes....he is now the age that I was as wild as a buck deer and yet he is a good ole boy who bothers nobody (a real momma's boy). I always feared that the BIBLE would haunt me in that it says that our children will pay us back for the life we lived (DOUBLE). Perhaps I also did plenty of good to correct some of my wild living cuz my son is nothing like me. He's tall, good looking and knows how to scrap but he's never taken a drink, smoked a cigarette or hit up on some drugs. He's not the kind to get too KraZy with the gals and he certainly isn't a night owl. I'm glad of all that....no telling how many sleepless nights I caused my folks. Lord Forgive me....I may actually be a small factor as to why my mom passed away so early in life last year.

Nite to all.....

jafar00
08-27-2013, 01:38 AM

In my experience, as often as my wife asks me to load the washing machine :D

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2013, 09:24 AM
In my experience, as often as my wife asks me to load the washing machine :D My wife tried that and I asked if it was her clothes to be washed. She replied yes, so I stated Id mess it up by not sorting the clothes properly and Id probably toss in the wrong bleach ,detergent etc. That all worked for about 6 months until she finally realized I had been doing the laundry on my on for years after my previous wife and I separated. She called me on it so now about 10% of the time I do some laundry. -Tyr

glockmail
08-27-2013, 09:26 AM
From the article......................
In fact, it may be the men who are dragging the women down, as the average washing frequency amongst couples is once every 2.3 weeks, with women doing 81 percent of the washing.

My wife does 100% of the washing, laundry anyway. I do about 95% of the dish washing, 100% of the car washing, 100% of the house washing...

Abbey Marie
08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
What's so tough about doing laundry? It's not like you have to go down to the river and use rocks. :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
My wife does 100% of the washing, laundry anyway. I do about 95% of the dish washing, 100% of the car washing, 100% of the house washing... I flat out refused to do any of the dishwashing, had to do that as a kid so it was a no-go for me. I do 100% of the car washing , all of the mowing, all home repair, all bill paying and about 95% of the grocery shopping plus many other duties . -Tyr

Larrymc
08-27-2013, 10:11 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/-single-men-only-wash-their-bed-sheets-four-times-a-year--study-says--174235872.html

http://l.yimg.com/os/152/2011/11/15/pfeiffer-40x40_001209.jpg (http://news.yahoo.com/author/eric-pfeiffer/) <cite class="byline vcard top-line">Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/author/eric-pfeiffer/) <abbr>August 24, 2013</abbr> </cite> The Sideshow (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/)

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NAo5awWhoN5Zc2aFk6vspg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2013-08-24/f2ab51f0-f8de-4fda-b898-b6a2fdcebb00_BedSheetsClean.jpgShould single men clean their bed sheets more often? (Reuters)

If you’re a single man, you may go to bed with a clear conscience but you rarely sleep on clean sheets. At least, that’s according to a new study, which found that single men on average only clean their bed sheets four times a year (http://lifestyle.msn.co.nz/nzmenslifestyle/latestnews/8711067/single-men-wash-their-sheets-four-times-a-year).

In comparison, single women change their bed sheets every two weeks.
And while cleanliness numbers surge for married couples, it appears the credit for the median boost for guys primarily belongs to women. In fact, it may be the men who are dragging the women down, as the average washing frequency amongst couples is once every 2.3 weeks, with women doing 81 percent of the washing.
And as “How Stuff Works” points out, the average person spends about a third of their entire life in bed. In other words, the old saying, “ As you make your bed, so you must lie on it (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/As+you+make+your+bed,+so+you+must+lie+on+it),” may have more meaning than originally intended.
But are these single men literally sleeping in beds of filth? Or, are the women perhaps overdoing it a bit? Turns out, it mostly depends on your own standards of cleanliness.
For example, Martha Stewart recommends washing the sheets weekly (http://www.marthastewart.com/270618/bedding-care-101), but notes that itultimately is an issue of personal preference. The Wall Street Journal also says that weekly washes are the norm (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303459004577361911935936578.html) but that many other go several weeks between cleanings.
For people with asthma or other allergies, clean bed sheets are more of a priority. That’s because sheets, and mattresses and pillowcases in particular, are excellent at accumulating dust and microorganisms that can disrupt otherwise healthy breathing patterns.
In that case, many experts recommend laying plastic covers on top of mattresses and even pillows in order to keep those microorganisms from making a home inside the mattress or pillow padding.
"The conventional idea is that you might exacerbate eczema, hayfever or asthma at night, but all of these ideas are more based on conventional wisdom, not necessarily founded in experience," Euan Tovey, head of the Allergen Research Group at the Woolcock Institute of Medical Research told MSN.
"We've done research that showed that you don't get as much exposure to dust mites in bed as we once thought. Anywhere where there is dust and movement you are going to get exposure –– it's not confined to bed," he added. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Once every 3 months is wickedly gross. My wife washes ours weekly and we have 4 changes . Every 2 days she puts a new set on. Before when I was without a wife I and slept in it by myself I did it about once every two to three weeks. Once every 3 months is not a good thing..... Now when I was a young single man I paid to have my laundry done twice a week and a set of bed sheets was always in every washing , always had at least three sets. I was shocked to read the once every three month figure for single guys...... I mean, damn, girls must not be very picky these days!! - TyrI have to disagree, i was single for almost thirty years, and washed mine every couple of months weather they needed it our not!! :washmachine2:

Noir
08-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Once every couple of months sounds about right.

jimnyc
08-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Once every couple of months sounds about right.

If I feel lazy I'll just toss them in the laundry bag, ignore the bag, and then buy a new set of sheets. Been known to buy a shirt or pants when too lazy to do laundry too!!

Larrymc
08-27-2013, 10:49 AM
What's so tough about doing laundry? It's not like you have to go down to the river an use rocks. :laugh2:"What you mean we don't have to do that any More?"

aboutime
08-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Since this has become an Ongoing Joke for a thread.

How bout this idea. Never have to wash your sheets if...YOU SLEEP IN SOMEBODY ELSE'S BED!

Little-Acorn
08-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Ladies, the conclusion to be drawn here is obvious.

Only sleep with married men!

A signup sheet will be posted in the Lounge........

aboutime
08-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Ladies, the conclusion to be drawn here is obvious.

Only sleep with married men!

A signup sheet will be posted in the Lounge........

Little-Acorn. My wife's way ahead of you. She already does! :laugh::clap:

Little-Acorn
08-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Little-Acorn. My wife's way ahead of you. She already does! :laugh::clap:

Brings back the old joke:

Q: What does Bill Clinton say to Hillary after he has sex?

A: (picking up phone) "I'll be home in 20 minutes, dear...."

aboutime
08-27-2013, 01:24 PM

A: (picking up phone) "I'll be home in 20 minutes, dear...."

:lol:

Larrymc
08-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Since this has become an Ongoing Joke for a thread.

How bout this idea. Never have to wash your sheets if...YOU SLEEP IN SOMEBODY ELSE'S BED!Hmmm Now there's an Idea!!

jafar00
08-27-2013, 03:24 PM
My wife tried that and I asked if it was her clothes to be washed. She replied yes, so I stated Id mess it up by not sorting the clothes properly and Id probably toss in the wrong bleach ,detergent etc. That all worked for about 6 months until she finally realized I had been doing the laundry on my on for years after my previous wife and I separated. She called me on it so now about 10% of the time I do some laundry. -Tyr

I know how you feel. I am master of the steam mop in our house. :)

Little-Acorn
08-27-2013, 03:35 PM
A man who lived alone, had a maid for cooking, housecleaning etc.

His mom came over for dinner one night. Her eyebrows went way, way up when she noticed the pretty and voluptuous maid, and the looks the maid kept giving her son. She tried to bring up the subject with him, but he dismissed her queries with a few blandishments.

Dinnertime came. They had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, peas, stuffing, the works. Mom was very complimentary at the quality of the dinner, the beautiful dining room and table settings, a beautiful solid-silver gravy ladle, the expensive china, etc.

Later that evening after Mom went home, the man noticed that the gravy ladle was missing. It was a beautiful and expensive piece, and he searched the kitchen and dining room in vain. He could not believe the possibility that Mom had taken it, but no other explanation presented itself. Hesitant to break the ice, after a week he finally sent her a thank-you note for the lovely time at dinner, and wrote at the bottom:

"By the way, Mom, did you happen to notice what happened to the silver gravy ladle? I can't find it anywhere. Now I'm not saying you took it, or that you didn't take it. But if you happen to know where it is, I would appreciate knowing. Love, your Son."

Several days later, he received a gracious note back, thinking him for the wonderful dinner, exclaiming over what a nice house it was, how charming the maid was, etc. etc. At the end she had written, "By the way, son, I couldn't help notice how you didn't want to talk about the charming lady who is your maid, and I thought I detected something between the two of you. Now, I'm not saying that you're sleeping with your maid, and I'm not saying that you're not sleeping with her. But the fact remains that, if you had been sleeping in your own bed, you would have found the gravy ladle by now."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2013, 06:20 PM

A: (picking up phone) "I'll be home in 20 minutes, dear...." What does Monica say when having sex? Nothing, her mouth is full..:laugh: My older brother used to say that one all the time.

glockmail
08-27-2013, 06:36 PM
What's so tough about doing laundry? It's not like you have to go down to the river and use rocks. :laugh2:

My wife treats it like its an Olympic event, and her washer and dryer have more options and accessories than my new Jeep. I'm simply not qualified, according to her. :laugh:

glockmail
08-27-2013, 06:44 PM
I flat out refused to do any of the dishwashing, had to do that as a kid so it was a no-go for me. I do 100% of the car washing , all of the mowing, all home repair, all bill paying and about 95% of the grocery shopping plus many other duties . -Tyr

When we first started living together she was still in grad school and since I was making the large dollars I paid all the bills. "We need a dining room set, a kitchen set, an actual bed instead of just a frame, ...." was what she would say. Then I gave her the checkbook, showed her my system, deposited my check into the account every two weeks, and only took $15/ week for spending money. Then she would say "We don't need a dining room set, a kitchen set, or an actual bed instead we'll just use this frame...."

28 years later and we have paid interest on credit cards only once. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2013, 07:12 PM
When we first started living together she was still in grad school and since I was making the large dollars I paid all the bills. "We need a dining room set, a kitchen set, an actual bed instead of just a frame, ...." was what she would say. Then I gave her the checkbook, showed her my system, deposited my check into the account every two weeks, and only took $15/ week for spending money. Then she would say "We don't need a dining room set, a kitchen set, or an actual bed instead we'll just use this frame...."

28 years later and we have paid interest on credit cards only once. :laugh: You my friend , have a very wise and thrifty wife. My first two wives were just the opposite. My wife now is thrifty except when it comes to sending money back to the PI to her family there. I always have to put my foot down in that or else we'd be broke. Its just that bad. Now as to cleanliness she always makes the house far cleaner than my ex-wife ever did. And that's fine by me... -Tyr

glockmail
08-27-2013, 08:56 PM
You my friend , have a very wise and thrifty wife. My first two wives were just the opposite. My wife now is thrifty except when it comes to sending money back to the PI to her family there. I always have to put my foot down in that or else we'd be broke. Its just that bad. Now as to cleanliness she always makes the house far cleaner than my ex-wife ever did. And that's fine by me... -Tyr

She didn't marry me to be rich. But I've always had a job and can fix just about anything and my hobbies are growing things and fixing things, so she knows the rent will be paid, the pantry full, thye garden busting with vegetables, the plumbing won't leak, the electrical repairs I make won't catch the house on fire, and the car will always make it home. Apparently that impressed her more than a fat inheritance or a trust fund. :laugh:

glockmail
08-27-2013, 09:06 PM
By the way the time we had a balance on a credit card we bought a dining room set right after we bought our first house, sort of a celebration gift to ourselves. We still talk about the interest that we paid on that like it was a crime committed against us; a burglary.

We use every trick in the book with credit cards: travel miles, cash back, gift card points. Our credit back with Costco-Amex last year was nearly $500. (They make you spend it all in one order and I was worried we couldn't find enough crap to buy.) Credit card companies have paid us back a thousand fold and we still bitch about that one time we paid them 24 years ago. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2013, 09:23 PM
By the way the time we had a balance on a credit card we bought a dining room set right after we bought our first house, sort of a celebration gift to ourselves. We still talk about the interest that we paid on that like it was a crime committed against us; a burglary.

We use every trick in the book with credit cards: travel miles, cash back, gift card points. Our credit back with Costco-Amex last year was nearly $500. (They make you spend it all in one order and I was worried we couldn't find enough crap to buy.) Credit card companies have paid us back a thousand fold and we still bitch about that one time we paid them 24 years ago. :laugh: Damn, I need to take lessons from you! --Tyr

jafar00
08-27-2013, 10:35 PM
My wife treats it like its an Olympic event, and her washer and dryer have more options and accessories than my new Jeep. I'm simply not qualified, according to her. :laugh:

I know what you mean. The washer and dryer I got have more computing power than PCs just a few years ago with knobs, flashing lights etc.. They even play a tune when they are finished.

DragonStryk72
08-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Spot on Drummond...the librerals will see what they will but I have never seen where they have been so passionate about attacking others for less. The fact of the matter is that jafar sees iSLUM as perfect but when one mentions 4 week old bedding....he feels disgusted while praising the evils of butchers. That is why one word (EEewwwww...which is not a word as far as I know) got so much out of me and apparently, with all the "THANKS" going around, that frame of mind was spot on. Look 'PAL' if you don't like it....you don't have to read it. Put me on ignore or scan over my posts just as I do yours. You and a few others are truly not worth the time in reading rubbish but I do occasionally pick up on comments that the more intelligent ones provide in my defense and while I'm away from the office.

Keep on Stryking out!!! While my friends knock it out of the park! :clap:

I wasn't aware that following people through threads attacking them was allowed within the board rules, RSR, which you clearly did here. Now, you've been here longer than I have, so what's your excuse for not knowing that that's against the board rules?

DragonStryk72
08-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Hmm. as to the actual topic, my thinking goes like this: Am I about to maybe have a naked woman in this bed, or is there a solid statistical chance of that happening soon? If yes, clean sheets. If no, I'll wait until the answer is yes, or about two months, whichever's first.

red state
08-27-2013, 10:54 PM
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/sad/sad-026.gif

red state
08-27-2013, 10:55 PM
By the way....I am RS *(not RSR) and I was responding to your ignorant post to me....just a bit late cuz I work for a living.

DragonStryk72
08-28-2013, 04:58 PM
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/sad/sad-026.gif

That's it, let all the cries out, RSR. It'll be okay, buddy.

Drummond
08-28-2013, 05:12 PM

What does Red States Rule (RSR) have to do with this ? You have not been responding to that forum member. This has even been pointed out to you ...

When you work out who it is you're really posting to, please let us know (.. hint: actually taking notice of corrections can be helpful ..).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-28-2013, 06:01 PM
They are not the same person. I invited Redstate here and I never knew of RSR before coming here. -Tyr

DragonStryk72
08-28-2013, 06:08 PM
What does Red States Rule (RSR) have to do with this ? You have not been responding to that forum member. This has even been pointed out to you ...

When you work out who it is you're really posting to, please let us know (.. hint: actually taking notice of corrections can be helpful ..).

I was responding to the person who wrote "Stryking out", and was posting in reference to me, so threw it back on him. He's now doing this stupidly childish thing of throwing various forms of "Stryk" into his posts across different threads ie "Stryking", and in another word, randomly capitalizing the word "STRIKE" without any context to the sentence used. And you might try reading, it was him I originally posted to, you just jumped in to defend his actions after the point. I'm never going to accept that bullying is an acceptable behavior, and I'm tired of holding my tongue on it.

As I said before, if you wanna take out an issue with someone to the level of trolling multiple threads, take it to the cage, or take it to PM. In any event, stop derailing and destroying threads. It's the whole reason the steel cage exists.

Drummond
08-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I was responding to the person who wrote "Stryking out", and was posting in reference to me, so threw it back on him. He's now doing this stupidly childish thing of throwing various forms of "Stryk" into his posts across different threads ie "Stryking", and in another word, randomly capitalizing the word "STRIKE" without any context to the sentence used. And you might try reading, it was him I originally posted to, you just jumped in to defend his actions after the point. I'm never going to accept that bullying is an acceptable behavior, and I'm tired of holding my tongue on it.

As I said before, if you wanna take out an issue with someone to the level of trolling multiple threads, take it to the cage, or take it to PM. In any event, stop derailing and destroying threads. It's the whole reason the steel cage exists.

Tagging responsibility, not to mention authorship, of a number of posts you take exception to, on to a forum member who isn't even posting (!) and has NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS ... is it your contention that this is any better than the description you're offering of the person you've been critical of ?

Multiple posts now highlight your action - no sign of an apology, though. Which doesn't exactly offer consistency of 'principle' .. ?