PDA

View Full Version : Changes In College Football: The Good And The Bad

Jeff
08-28-2013, 05:36 AM
I am ready for some changes we have to get some type of play off system, seems GA goes to the SEC championship every year because of there schedule, yes they play Florida but that is usually there only tough game and Flordia usually has to beat LSU and Bama to get there , last year they went even though they lost to SC, this year if SC can beat GA they will walk into the SEC championship game with ease, they really have a schedule easier than the one GA had last year

ON to the National level of course ya have to include Bama with Nick Saban , and lets not forget Ohio went undefeated last year but where not eligible for a bowl game or ya would of seen Notre Dam vs Ohio state and we all seen bama was the superior team, but this year with Meyers at the Helm again they have a easy schedule so yes they should go undefeated again ( personally after all the wins in Florida I think the only reason Urban Meyers went to Ohio was to show it is the coaching staff that makes these teams what they are, so do we see Bama vs Ohio or maybe Notre Dam does it again , with out a play off system we will never see the two strongest teams in the championship.

College football season is almost upon this. With all the rivalries, traditions, and camaraderie, it is more of a past time than Major League Baseball. However, not all is well with the collegiate gridiron. Over the past two decades, a lot of realignment has been occurring with college football’s Bowl Subdivision (formerly known as Division 1-A). While some realignment has made sense (e.g. the formation of the now-debunked Big East Conference in the early 1990s), other realignment seems awkward (e.g. West Virginia in the Big Twelve Conference). Such moves will wind up resulting in longer trips for conference road games, not to mention an increase in travel costs.

http://libertyalliance.com/2013/08/changes-college-football-good-bad/

jimnyc
08-28-2013, 07:05 AM
I am all for some sort of playoff and or proper elimination system. They should have done that a LONG time ago. This BCS system has been failed from day #1.