PDA

View Full Version : Christian Photographers Under Fire For Refusing To Shoot A Gay Wedding

Jeff
08-28-2013, 05:45 AM
Yup all the gays wanted was to be able to carry each other on Insurance and be able to be treated as a normal couple , yup that was until they got what they wanted now they are suing churches trying to force them to abandon there beliefs and marry the Gays and now a Christian Photographer is on the hot seat because he won't film Gay marriages, yup all they wanted all they wanted was to change everything to there way of thinking

I can’t tell you how many negative and patronizing comments I’ve gotten on articles in which I discussed how the legalization of gay marriage would affect religious freedom. Here’s some more proof to back up my point… A Christian wedding photography business run by Elaine Huguenin and her husband is under fire for refusing to shoot a gay wedding, because of their Christian faith. The New Mexico Supreme Court says that their actions are “discriminatory” and have decided to take this fight even higher – possibly landing it in federal court.

http://libertyalliance.com/2013/08/christian-photographers-fire-refusing-shoot-gay-wedding/

Noir
08-28-2013, 05:48 AM
I don't get stuff like this, i mean, if the owners are some backwards morons, why would the couple want him to profit from their wedding?

Marcus Aurelius
08-28-2013, 05:51 AM
I don't get stuff like this, i mean, if the owners are some backwards morons, why would the couple want him to profit from their wedding?

Yes, people who have strong beliefs and try to live by them are certainly morons. :rolleyes:

Jeff
08-28-2013, 05:59 AM

Noir because someone believes in there religion doesn't make them a moron , You are strictly a Vegataran and that is your right but there are those that feel you have to eat meat to be healthy ( no I am not going to debate that ) so how would you feel if people where trying to force you to eat a steak ? Would you be a Moron because you wouldn't eat it , not at all that is your Body and your right to stay healthy anyway you see fit, just because you don't believe in Religion doesn't mean anyone that does is a Moron

glockmail
08-28-2013, 06:25 AM
I don't get stuff like this, i mean, if the owners are some backwards morons, why would the couple want him to profit from their wedding? You're an asshole to think that way.

These gays are assholes too. Go to another photographer. Why do these people find it necessary to force themselves on others?

jimnyc
08-28-2013, 07:03 AM

Maybe the photographer thinks THEY are the backwards morons? Does that make sense to you?

The couple is free to find a photographer/group that is more suitable to their needs. If "I" was the photographer, and was forced in any manner at all to do something I was personally against, their pictures would be sub par. Rather than rant and make demands and force their beliefs, they should simply move on and find someone else willing to take their money. Problem solved for everyone.

fj1200
08-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Geez, he said "if."

PostmodernProphet
08-28-2013, 08:18 AM

because its more about the true moron's agenda than it is about accusing Christians of being morons......

jimnyc
08-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Geez, he said "if."

Are you saying that Noir wasn't implying that they were backwards morons? :poke:

fj1200
08-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Are you saying that Noir wasn't implying that they were backwards morons? :poke:

I'm saying that noir implied what the gay couple inferred. :slap:

:laugh:

aboutime
08-28-2013, 08:46 AM

Only a Moron would have a need to even ask such a question. You, Noir, are unable to see the forest for the tree's.

jimnyc
08-28-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm saying that noir was implied what the gay couple inferred. :slap:

You just gave me a headache, fucker! It's still too early to have me thinking like that. :thinking5:

fj1200
08-28-2013, 08:55 AM
You just gave me a headache, fucker! It's still too early to have me thinking like that. :thinking5:

:Iwin:

Marcus Aurelius
08-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Geez, he said "if."

Come on, Noir's obvious implication was that if the photog's would not work for a gay couple, they are backwards morons.

fj1200
08-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Come on, Noir's obvious implication was that if the photog's would not work for a gay couple, they are backwards morons.

Hence the inference by the gay couple of what they see them as.

I'm saying that noir implied what the gay couple inferred.

Which brings up the "then" statement/question.

Because they are nattering, big-government nabobs that seek government involvement anytime that they feel slighted. The gay couple has a state case because NM added sexual orientation to their anti-discrimination laws (presumably) but it would be nice if the photographers appealed because this is not an issue that's going away and has some wide implications IMO.

Noir
08-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Yes, people who have strong beliefs and try to live by them are certainly morons. :rolleyes:

No, people who have moronic beliefs are morons.

Noir
08-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Noir because someone believes in there religion doesn't make them a moron , You are strictly a Vegataran and that is your right but there are those that feel you have to eat meat to be healthy ( no I am not going to debate that ) so how would you feel if people where trying to force you to eat a steak ? Would you be a Moron because you wouldn't eat it , not at all that is your Body and your right to stay healthy anyway you see fit, just because you don't believe in Religion doesn't mean anyone that does is a Moron

Nothing to do with religion, an atheist homophobe is just as idiotic as a theistic one.

Regarding the veggie part - People could consider and call me a moron if they wished over it, what of it?

Noir
08-28-2013, 12:02 PM
You're an asshole to think that way.

These gays are assholes too. Go to another photographer. Why do these people find it necessary to force themselves on others?

Both are in the wrong.

The homophobic photography morons, and the 'we demand these homophobes take our money' gay morons.

Kathianne
08-28-2013, 12:04 PM

I agree. Yet, time and again what seems to be afoot is their belief to make everyone support or at least be punished for not supporting their lifestyles.

I don't think gays should be unable to work or made victims by people that disapprove, on the other hand, this type of bait and sue is also wrong.

glockmail
08-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Both are in the wrong.

The homophobic photography morons, and the 'we demand these homophobes take our money' gay morons. No, just the gays are wrong. And you're a moron for calling the photographer names, like "homophobic". I doubt that they are afraid of the gays, but they probably fear their lawyer!

Why do you hate freedom? Why are you anti-choice?

Noir
08-28-2013, 12:19 PM
No, just the gays are wrong. And you're a moron for calling the photographer names, like "homophobic". I doubt that they are afraid of the gays, but they probably fear their lawyer!

Why do you hate freedom? Why are you anti-choice?

...hate freedom? anti-choice? You were able to comprehend that my post was in response to what i see as the stupid actions of the gays for wanting to force someone who they know are prejudice of them to profit from their wedding, right?

Noir
08-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I agree. Yet, time and again what seems to be afoot is their belief to make everyone support or at least be punished for not supporting their lifestyles.

I don't think gays should be unable to work or made victims by people that disapprove, on the other hand, this type of bait and sue is also wrong.

+1

If anything i could even see this going to other way, i.e. Some gays hire a photographer, he hates gays but is willing to forgo that hatred for the money, couple find out about this, chose to dump him and higher a different photographer, and tell their gay friends to boycott the gay-hater.

That would make much more sense.

Abbey Marie
08-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Nothing to do with religion, an atheist homophobe is just as idiotic as a theistic one.

Regarding the veggie part - People could consider and call me a moron if they wished over it, what of it?

What of it? You won't be sued and lose your livelihood over your Vegan beliefs.

Noir
08-28-2013, 01:29 PM
What of it? You won't be sued and lose your livelihood over your Vegan beliefs.

Well someone could try, but it'd be laughed at, just as a suit against this photography people should be laughed at.

glockmail
08-28-2013, 01:39 PM
...hate freedom? anti-choice? You were able to comprehend that my post was in response to what i see as the stupid actions of the gays for wanting to force someone who they know are prejudice of them to profit from their wedding, right?You called the photographer silly names and said he was a moron and was wrong, right? :slap:

Noir
08-28-2013, 01:46 PM
You called the photographer silly names and said he was a moron and was wrong, right? :slap:

Yeah?
Just because you think someone is a moron, and making poor choices in their life, doesn't mean you think they shouldn't have the freedom to make those choices. How you logically make these leaps i do not know.

glockmail
08-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Yeah?
Just because you think someone is a moron, and making poor choices in their life, doesn't mean you think they shouldn't have the freedom to make those choices. How you logically make these leaps i do not know. You should have stopped at the first word and used a period instead of a question mark. The rest of it is just you being obtuse, because you're not man enough to admit you fucked up, moron.

red state
08-28-2013, 11:05 PM
This isn't the first time. If googled, you'll see this happen time and time again (whether it is a baker forced to provide a cake for a homosexual mockery of marriage or a Christian group made to allow a homosexual to work at their daycare or teach Sunday School). They NEVER wanted "equality".....THEY wanted total control. THEY, being the muSLUMS, liberals and homosexuals.

By the way.....vegans or whatever weird crap you wanna call it are all MORONS, capital M!!! Most of them look like crack-head zombies and I know that it isn't healthy. Just look as the VERY old populations of the world (some of which are on an ALL, high % meat diet). HA!! Anyone care to guess at which people I refer to?

That's right.....ESKIMO!!!

MEAT...it does the body GOOooooooooodddddDDDDD!!!!!

______________________________________________very interesting:

Adventures in Diet
Part 1
By Vilhjalmur Stefansson
Harper's Monthly Magazine, November 1935.

During the first few months of my first year in the Arctic, I acquired, though I did not at the time fully realize it, the munitions of fact and experience which have within my own mind defeated those views of dietetics reviewed at the beginning of this article. I could be healthy on a diet of fish and water. The longer I followed it the better I liked it, which meant, at least inferentially and provisionally, that you never become tired of your food if you have only one thing to eat. I did not get scurvy on the fish diet nor learn that any of my fish-eating friends ever had it. Nor was the freedom from scurvy due to the fish being eaten raw - we proved that later. (What it was due to we shall deal with in the second article of this series.) There were certainly no signs of hardening of the arteries and high blood pressure, of breakdown of the kidneys or of rheumatism.
These months on fish were the beginning of several years during which I lived on an exclusive meat diet. For I count in fish when I speak of living on meat, using "meat" and "meat diet" more as a professor of anthropology than as the editor of a housekeeping magazine. The term in this article and in like scientific discussions refers to a diet from which all things of the vegetable kingdom are absent.

Kathianne
08-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Being a gay married, vegan, witch, wish you well. It's not for me, but do what you wish, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.

Tricking others to foist your agendas on them? Not nice. Suing them for not wanting to go along with you? Not nice.

Where does that get us?

Really, even the courts can't force folks to perform services they won't. Why should the courts be doing that, when there are plenty of providers who will take the dollars and do a good job.

logroller
08-29-2013, 06:01 AM
So, should any discrimination be disallowed?
What if the guy had long hair? Or it was the second marriage for one or both? Or they had children already? Or one wasn't a citizen?
Or one was a different ethnicity/religion/race/creed/color/age than the other?

Should any personal belief be grounds to discriminate?

Seems to me you have to allow all or none-- be indiscriminate in allowing a person to discriminate. Else, that is forcing one belief over another.

PostmodernProphet
08-29-2013, 07:27 AM
No, people who have moronic beliefs are morons.

confession is good for the soul.....I'm sure you feel better already......

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2013, 07:29 AM
What if the guy had long hair? Or it was the second marriage for one or both? Or they had children already? Or one wasn't a citizen?

Seems to me you have to allow all or none-- be indiscriminate in allowing a person to discriminate. Else, that is forcing one belief over another. What happens is the minority belief trumps the majority belief and that is bull. An example is the muslims refuse to touch or eat pork. Fine, don't do it but they demand it not be around them being eaten by others so to cater to them pork products are removed from school menus!!! Now who was supposed to get their way the GD minority(MUSLIMS) or the majority(the rest of us)? This is how its going and someday there will be a damn reckoning! Some people are keeping a fine list of these injustices and who are behind them. When a minority rules there is tyranny ,doesn't matter the minority. --Tyr

fj1200
08-29-2013, 07:29 AM

Seems to me you have to allow all or none-- be indiscriminate in allowing a person to discriminate. Else, that is forcing one belief over another.

Ideally, yes.

fj1200
08-29-2013, 07:38 AM
What happens is the minority belief trumps the majority belief and that is bull. An example is the muslims refuse to touch or eat pork. Fine, don't do it but they demand it not be around them being eaten by others so to cater to them pork products are removed from school menus!!! Now who was supposed to get their way the GD minority(MUSLIMS) or the majority(the rest of us)? This is how its going and someday there will be a damn reckoning! Some people are keeping a fine list of these injustices and who are behind them. When a minority rules there is tyranny ,doesn't matter the minority. --Tyr

Proof it was the "Muzzies"? Not speculation.

The withdrawal of the pork ban did not keep parents and other locals from speculating that the prohibition on pork had been an attempt to defer to the sensibilities of unidentified Muslim students.It’s not clear if there are any Muslims students in the third grade at Sunset Elementary School, or if pork offends them. At the same time, it’s also not clear if any third-graders at Sunset Elementary have an exotic pork allergy.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/16/tennessee-elementary-school-lifts-fatwa-against-pork-after-parents-complain/#ixzz2dMRdYSqH

We had a PTO board member rant against a fund raiser through Honey Baked Ham because of some protest about factory farming of pigs.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2013, 08:19 AM
Proof it was the "Muzzies"? Not speculation.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
We had a PTO board member rant against a fund raiser through Honey Baked Ham because of some protest about factory farming of pigs.

FrontPage Magazine - Outlawing the Pig (http://archive.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=b4d7ea5d-074c-4d34-ab04-71e9354504cb)

<cite>archive.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=b4d7ea5d...</cite>‎

Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3IMT3CBBZ00J:archive.frontpagemag.c om/Articles/Read.aspx%3FGUID%3Db4d7ea5d-074c-4d34-ab04-71e9354504cb+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

May 2, 2008 - ... continue accommodating Muslim religious demands, pork food products are ... Dearborn, Mich., schools banned pork completely to avoid the ...

SHARIA COMPLIANT: UK Schools ban bangers (pork sausages ... (http://www.barenakedislam.com/2012/06/17/sharia-compliant-uk-schools-ban-bangers-pork-sausages-from-school-lunches-blame-muslims-and-jews/)

<cite>www.barenakedislam.com/.../sharia-compliant-uk-schools-ban-bangers-p...</cite>‎

Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xChwdrxKFacJ:www.barenakedislam.com/2012/06/17/sharia-compliant-uk-schools-ban-bangers-pork-sausages-from-school-lunches-blame-muslims-and-jews/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Jun 17, 2012 - Pork, which is not eaten by devout Jews or Muslims, has been banned by ... (pork sausages) from school lunches, blame Muslims AND Jews”.

Outlawing the Pig (pork products being removed to accommodate ... (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2011057/posts)

<cite>www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2011057/posts</cite>‎

Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JPFV08H8ysEJ:www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2011057/posts+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

May 2, 2008 - Dearborn, Mich., schools banned pork completely to avoid the ... halal foods to its menu to cater to the demands of its Muslim population.

Tennessee: Grade School Bans Pork to Appease Muslims ... (http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/tennessee-grade-school-bans-pork-to-appease-muslims/)

<cite>creepingsharia.wordpress.com/.../tennessee-grade-school-bans-pork-to-a...</cite>‎

Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JVkU3Euk_ncJ:creepingsharia.wordpre ss.com/2013/08/15/tennessee-grade-school-bans-pork-to-appease-muslims/+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Aug 15, 2013 - “No other food items are permitted.” One day after the pork ban went into effect, Williamson County Schools posted a message on their ...

Tennessee elementary school bans pork to avoid offending Muslims ... (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/08/tennessee-elementary-school-bans-pork-to-avoid-offending-muslims.html)

<cite>atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.../tennessee-elementary-school-bans-pork-...</cite>‎

Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BnLlP8rQZhkJ:atlasshrugs2000.typepa d.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/08/tennessee-elementary-school-bans-pork-to-avoid-offending-muslims.html+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Aug 15, 2013 - “No other food items are permitted.” One day after the pork ban went into effect, Williamson County Schools posted a message on their ...

Atlas Shrugs: Mosqueing the public school (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/mosqueing-the-public-school/)

<cite>atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/mosqueing-the-public-school/</cite>‎

Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:e4ylT47Du8kJ:atlasshrugs2000.typepa d.com/atlas_shrugs/mosqueing-the-public-school/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Aug 15, 2013 - Tennessee elementary school bans pork to avoid offending Muslims ..... there is not enough time and we will miss our bus home and our lunch ...-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They didn't say it was to avoid offending Muslims. They said it was about avoiding food allergies. But as one parent noted, "I’ve never heard of a life-threatening pork allergy." And it certainly wasn't to avoid offending Jews, who have managed to avoid eating pork in the U.S. for over 200 years without ever demanding that non-Jews eschew it also.
School officials rescinded the ban after an outcry, which shows why it is important for free citizens to be aware and active. "Why Did a Tennessee Grade School Ban Pork?," by Todd Starnes for Fox News (http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/why-did-a-tennessee-grade-school-ban-pork.html), August 15 (thanks to Creeping Sharia (http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/tennessee-grade-school-bans-pork-to-appease-muslims/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)):
A Tennessee elementary school banned students from eating ham sandwiches, BLT’s and anything else made with pork, but eventually lifted the ban after parents complained. Third grade teachers at Sunset Elementary School in Brentwood, Tenn. sent home an “Approved Snack List” for the school year and it specifically banned anything that comes from a pig.

Continue reading "Tennessee elementary school bans pork to avoid offending Muslims" » (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/08/tennessee-elementary-school-bans-pork-to-avoid-offending-muslims.html#more)

fj1200
08-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Atlas Shrugs: Mosqueing the public school (http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/mosqueing-the-public-school/)

They didn't say it was to avoid offending Muslims.

Third grade teachers...

So... supposition then? And was this only one class?

Jeff
08-29-2013, 01:31 PM

What of it ?? I think ya lost me in the translation there Noir I am not saying by no means you are or should anybody call you a moron and if they did I would frown on it, you have the right to eat what you want you are a grown man the same as this Photographer

Noir
09-08-2013, 04:28 AM
What of it ?? I think ya lost me in the translation there Noir I am not saying by no means you are or should anybody call you a moron and if they did I would frown on it, you have the right to eat what you want you are a grown man the same as this Photographer

My point was rather that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks/says of in regard to veganism because i know i'm making the right choice.

These morons are well within their rights to deny custom, while you frown at folk being called morons, i frown at morons.

jimnyc
09-08-2013, 07:07 AM
My point was rather that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks/says of in regard to veganism because i know i'm making the right choice.

These morons are well within their rights to deny custom, while you frown at folk being called morons, i frown at morons.

The Christian photographers probably think they are frowning at morons too.

Noir
09-08-2013, 07:15 AM
The Christian photographers probably think they are frowning at morons too.

*exactly*