PDA

View Full Version : Men With Rifles Charged in ‘Open Carry’ Demonstration at Starbucks…But It’s Not Illeg

Jeff
09-01-2013, 05:42 AM
I have to agree with the law here . I know in GA where we do have open carry you must not do so where as to start a riot ( in other words scare people) and I am afraid even here in GA if ya are sitting at a coffee shop with a AR people would get worried

An “open carry” demonstration outside of a local Starbucks was broken up by police after passersby complained about the three men and their rifles. The demonstrators, who posted a video of the entire encounter to YouTube, claim they were within their legal rights. According to Texas law, this type of conduct isn’t illegal as long as the weapon is not loaded. However, San Antonio police Chief William McManus explained that the gun holder can still be charged with disorderly conduct if anyone, at any point, feels threatened. “It’s a disorderly offense that officers will address accordingly,” McManus said.

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/08/men-rifles-charged-open-carry-demonstration-starbucks-illegal/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2013, 10:41 AM
I have to agree with the law here . I know in GA where we do have open carry you must not do so where as to start a riot ( in other words scare people) and I am afraid even here in GA if ya are sitting at a coffee shop with a AR people would get worried

An “open carry” demonstration outside of a local Starbucks was broken up by police after passersby complained about the three men and their rifles. The demonstrators, who posted a video of the entire encounter to YouTube, claim they were within their legal rights. According to Texas law, this type of conduct isn’t illegal as long as the weapon is not loaded. However, San Antonio police Chief William McManus explained that the gun holder can still be charged with disorderly conduct if anyone, at any point, feels threatened. “It’s a disorderly offense that officers will address accordingly,” McManus said.

http://conservativevideos.com/2013/08/men-rifles-charged-open-carry-demonstration-starbucks-illegal/

I think it was a bad idea. Better would have been to meet there with a pair of 45 autos on the hips. The AR15 carrying would have made me nervous and I'm a solid gun rights guy!! edit... The police there handled it far better than most cops would have in cities like LA etc.. Other places very likely that Swat teams would have converged on them and they illegally would have been arrested if not shot all to hell and back. I applaud their guts and taking action but think it not wise to do so with those "EVIL SALT WEAPONS"--Tyr