PDA

View Full Version : A New Yorker’s view of gun control

Jeff
09-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Of the estimated 400,000 illegal guns that flood the city, most are in the hands of the criminals. This is a good example of what people have to do to protect themselves when the Government decides they know what is best for us, so now these folks have to buy illegal guns to protect themselves because if the criminals know you are carrying they will leave you alone , wow go figure what have the pro gun people been telling you, but in NYC you must break the law to feel safe .

During my last visit to New York City, I stumbled into an unexpected discussion about its restrictive gun polices.
The discussion occurred after I ducked into a coffee shop. The place was empty except for three transit employees.
“I don't know why the kid shot me,” said one of the men. “But I got myself some protection now.”
Curious, I introduced myself and asked the fellow about his story.
“One day three years ago,” he said, “I'm sitting in my Brooklyn neighborhood in my 2008 Lincoln, eating a sandwich.

http://triblive.com/opinion/tompurcell/4614916-74/gun-criminals-york#axzz2dbW8IT89

DragonStryk72
09-02-2013, 05:26 AM
well, the new York gun laws *are* crap, but every one who carries an illegal firearm is, by definition, a criminal.

Jeff
09-02-2013, 07:35 AM
well, the new York gun laws *are* crap, but every one who carries an illegal firearm is, by definition, a criminal.

You are 100% correct Dragon and that was the point , if ya want to be safe in NYC you will have to do it illegally, the article shows how you are dropped from the victom list just by letting the thugs know you are carrying but in order to make yourself safer you must in actuality become a criminal yourself

DragonStryk72
09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
You are 100% correct Dragon and that was the point , if ya want to be safe in NYC you will have to do it illegally, the article shows how you are dropped from the victom list just by letting the thugs know you are carrying but in order to make yourself safer you must in actuality become a criminal yourself

This is what I don't get: With so very many studies and such proving that the most crime-ridden cities are all cities that have heavy gun control laws, how is it that Dems cannot work this out? I mean, there's Idealism, sure, but come on, this has been proven every time it's come up, that if you put in extreme gun control laws, it only disarms the populace.

Arbo
09-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I have not seen a 'gun law' that stops a criminal from being a criminal yet. It is all about 'control' for the anti-gun folks. And of course the fear of something they do not understand.

Little-Acorn
09-02-2013, 11:58 PM
As mentioned before:

"Gun control" isn't about guns. It's about control.

If you have a crime-ridden city, a lot of the criminals are carrying guns, of course. And they probably got them illegally, so you have quite a few cases of illegal gun ownership.

Then if you throw a law into the mix saying NO ONE can own a gun, like NYC has (or had?), then all you do is create a bunch MORE cases of illegal gun ownership. Out of people who were formerly good, law-abiding citizens.

Those latter cases didn't want to become criminals. They aren't going to mug anybody or stick up a liquor store etc. But suddenly they are criminals.

Why?

Because they decided they'd rather take the chance on getting thrown in jail for illegal gun possession, than take the chance on getting blown away like that guy in his car did (except he survived).

Or as more practical gun owners say, "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

What kind of society forces otherwise-law-abiding citizens, to make a choice like that???