PDA

View Full Version : I can’t rule out boots on the ground if Syria implodes

red states rule
09-04-2013, 03:33 AM
So says John Kerry. I wonder how the Obama lovers will spin this?

By “implodes,” (http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/kerry-wont-rule-out-ground-troops-in-syria) he means a situation where Assad loses control of his WMD and we need to go in and grab them before some fanatic native outfit grabs them first. Which is funny because, right offhand, I can’t think of anything that’s more likely to increase the risk of that happening than bombing the hell out of Syrian military units who are in charge of those weapons.

I think we’re about done here, guys.

The administration has “no desire” to do that, Kerry said.

But “In the event Syria imploded for instance or in the event there was a threat of a chemical weapons cache falling into the hands of al-Nusra or someone else and it was clearly in the interest of our allies — all of us, the British, the French, and others,” Kerry said, “I don’t want to take off the table an option that might or might not be available to the President of the United States to secure our country.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/09/03/john-kerry-just-thinking-out-loud-i-cant-rule-out-boots-on-the-ground-if-syria-implodes/

Jeff
09-04-2013, 06:28 AM
John Kerry the man that received the purple heart for a wound ( a cut finger that he recieved a couple days before he reported all was clam ) is one we need to take serious :rolleyes: this entire administration is filled with embarrassment and now they will decide if we send our young men and woman to fight and die on foreign soil , it makes me sick .

red states rule
09-04-2013, 04:30 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb_c11193320130904120100.jpg

aboutime
09-04-2013, 08:24 PM
He is still the same Kerry he was back in 72,

when he accused Americans, and betrayed them like Hanoi Jane.
Nobody should trust him.

Gaffer
09-05-2013, 04:45 PM
We will make a punitive strike and maybe degrade assads abilities. He has 1000 tons of WMD's scattered throughout syria. One general said it would take about 75,000 troops to secure all those sites. When assad falls who will have control of those weapons? We don't know for sure if the rebels have any of the weapons right now.

I'm sure many of those weapons are stamped Property of Iraq, and farther down in small print Made in Russia.

Down the road this is all going to get very nasty.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-05-2013, 05:52 PM
We will make a punitive strike and maybe degrade assads abilities. He has 1000 tons of WMD's scattered throughout syria. One general said it would take about 75,000 troops to secure all those sites. When assad falls who will have control of those weapons? We don't know for sure if the rebels have any of the weapons right now.

I'm sure many of those weapons are stamped Property of Iraq, and farther down in small print Made in Russia.

Down the road this is all going to get very nasty. How very right you are!!!! Obama has made no policy to secure the WMDs in Syria. And what's the scum going to do about the Russian forces heading over there? When Russia moves military forces its not for playing patty cakes!! Dumbass may end up starting a war his silly ass hasn't a damn clue how to manage. And guess who would pay and pay dearly for that mistake? Also guess who could use such a war to declare martial law ??? Now that's even more scary than the actual war IMHO.-Tyr

Kathianne
09-05-2013, 06:11 PM
So says John Kerry. I wonder how the Obama lovers will spin this?

[/INDENT]

Or the equally likely scenario that our 'friends' the rebels AKA terrorists have these weapons and aren't turning them over to US or anyone else. Thanks to our 'enemies,' Iran and Russia. Oh yeah, and those from Benghazi and other locations from us.

Who's the enemy?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Or the equally likely scenario that our 'friends' the rebels AKA terrorists have these weapons and aren't turning them over to US or anyone else. Thanks to our 'enemies,' Iran and Russia. Oh yeah, and those from Benghazi and other locations from us.

Who's the enemy? Who's the enemy? A trillion dollar question for sure!

Jeff
09-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Who's the enemy? A trillion dollar question for sure!

That's easy OBAMA is the enemy, OK Tyr where do i pick up the cash ?

Kathianne
09-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Who's the enemy? A trillion dollar question for sure!

Indeed. Along with, what is the reason for sudden escalation? Is it the misspeak regarding the 'red line' or something else?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 12:55 AM
That's easy OBAMA is the enemy, OK Tyr where do i pick up the cash ? Jeff, go to D.C. ask directions to Obama's stash. Maybe not a trillion but he usually has a few billion laying around. But don't expect him to give it to ya unless you put on a good shade of tan shoe polish and wear your pants down around your knees while jive talking like a ghetto rat.. . :laugh::laugh::laugh: --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Indeed. Along with, what is the reason for sudden escalation? Is it the misspeak regarding the 'red line' or something else? I think its either a diversion or else he thought to lob a few missiles and declare himself a great heroic leader for having done so. His problem is he was too stupid to understand Russia was not going to just let him play macho man to try to impress voters for the 2014 elections. Putin doesn't give a damn how flexible he is and will not sit idly by while he tries to slap one of its allies . -Tyr

aboutime
09-07-2013, 06:45 AM

Who's the enemy?

Kathianne. As the old expression once said "We have seen the enemy, and it is US." Just replace US with OBAMA...question answered.

Gaffer
09-07-2013, 07:32 AM
syria is much like iran in the 70's. The shah was deposed by a combination of communists and religious fanatics. Both sides were rioting and putting on the pressure and carter was supporting the communists. But when the shah left the religious fanatics jumped in and took control. The communist were promptly arrested and executed. carter was left sitting on his hands and the soviets had to alter their plans for afghanistan. They really wanted those gulf ports.

So now we have the free syria army and the fanatical islamists fighting the dictator, again. The difference is the dictator has the backing of the religious fanatics of iran and is being supplied by the russians, who don't want to lose that port they built and control in syria. Meanwhile the other arab countries want to support the free syria army and prevent the islamists from taking over while defeating assad and iran. While our DiC wants to save face and involve us in a war that is none of our business.

Que the song, I'm my own grandpa.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 09:45 AM
syria is much like iran in the 70's. The shah was deposed by a combination of communists and religious fanatics. Both sides were rioting and putting on the pressure and carter was supporting the communists. But when the shah left the religious fanatics jumped in and took control. The communist were promptly arrested and executed. carter was left sitting on his hands and the soviets had to alter their plans for afghanistan. They really wanted those gulf ports.

So now we have the free syria army and the fanatical islamists fighting the dictator, again. The difference is the dictator has the backing of the religious fanatics of iran and is being supplied by the russians, who don't want to lose that port they built and control in syria. Meanwhile the other arab countries want to support the free syria army and prevent the islamists from taking over while defeating assad and iran. While our DiC wants to save face and involve us in a war that is none of our business.

Que the song, I'm my own grandpa. Spot on Gaffer. I never knew you and your grandpa were the same.. ;) Now I do...--Tyr

Gaffer
09-08-2013, 04:36 PM
My foreign policy would be to let them all fight it out until it's over, then we go in and take on the winner.

red states rule
09-15-2013, 04:48 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0913cd20130912083053.jpg