PDA

View Full Version : Senators craft Syria compromise

Jeff
09-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Just the fact that any of these people would give Obama the go ahead shocks me , if ya remember Obama ran in 08 on we should be taken care of our own, ( I feel for the victoms over there ) but what are we gaining by losing even one American life over there ?

A new use-of-force resolution for Syria sets a 60-day deadline, with one 30-day extension possible, for President Barack Obama to launch military strikes against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad — and it will also bar the involvement of U.S. ground forces in Syria.
The revised resolution was crafted by Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), the chairman and ranking member of the Foreign Relations Committee, following several days of negotiations. The panel is set to vote Wednesday on the proposal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/senators-syria-compromise-96234.html

fj1200
09-04-2013, 06:45 AM
That's kind of a dumb resolution, bar certain actions that could be taken by the CiC and impose a time limit of hostilities. Didn't BO catch grief for similar in proposing his draw downs in Ir and Afg? Timeline at least.

Jeff
09-04-2013, 06:54 AM
That's kind of a dumb resolution, bar certain actions that could be taken by the CiC and impose a time limit of hostilities. Didn't BO catch grief for similar in proposing his draw downs in Ir and Afg? Timeline at least.

The whole thing is messed up fj it was when GW was at the Helm and it is now

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Just the fact that any of these people would give Obama the go ahead shocks me , if ya remember Obama ran in 08 on we should be taken care of our own, ( I feel for the victoms over there ) but what are we gaining by losing even one American life over there ?

A new use-of-force resolution for Syria sets a 60-day deadline, with one 30-day extension possible, for President Barack Obama to launch military strikes against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad — and it will also bar the involvement of U.S. ground forces in Syria.
The revised resolution was crafted by Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), the chairman and ranking member of the Foreign Relations Committee, following several days of negotiations. The panel is set to vote Wednesday on the proposal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/senators-syria-compromise-96234.html

Its Reid and the Senate trying to give bigmouth chump some cover. Dumbasses can not give the government a budget for an entire presidential term but can immediately hop right on giving this worm cover for his treachery! Stinks to high heaven... --Tyr