PDA

View Full Version : WUSSVILLE: Pathetic Town Objects to Church’s Cross, ‘It Might Offend Muslims’

Jeff
09-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Why when erecting a cross ( or any other religious symbol )should we be worried about offending any other religion ? All religions have some type of symbol and we as Christians must look at them and the Muslims well they where screaming to put a Mosque up at ground zero and now we should worry about a cross offending them , I ride threw the town I grew up in and it is now called little Islam but we should worry about a cross.

It’s a battle of Christians versus Christians in Brandon, Miss. where city officials oppose efforts by a prominent church to erect a giant cross because it violates a zoning ordinance. But the pastor of the church said elected officials are also afraid the cross might offend Muslims. The First Baptist Church of Brandon petitioned the city to install a 110-foot tall cross on its property alongside Interstate 20. The project is sponsored by “Crosses Across America,” a non-profit group that builds giant crosses along the nation’s highways.

http://clashdaily.com/2013/09/blank-wussy-town-objects-churchs-cross-might-offend-muslims/

Arbo
09-05-2013, 08:43 AM
From the story:

Mayor Butch Lee told Fox News the cross is considered an auxiliary structure and under the law the cross can only be 20 feet high. “The tallest structure in the city is two stories,” the mayor said. “The cross is 11 stories.”

It appears it is not an attack on christians, and it has nothing to do with muslims. It has to do with local zoning and local regulations.

DragonStryk72
09-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Why when erecting a cross ( or any other religious symbol )should we be worried about offending any other religion ? All religions have some type of symbol and we as Christians must look at them and the Muslims well they where screaming to put a Mosque up at ground zero and now we should worry about a cross offending them , I ride threw the town I grew up in and it is now called little Islam but we should worry about a cross.

It’s a battle of Christians versus Christians in Brandon, Miss. where city officials oppose efforts by a prominent church to erect a giant cross because it violates a zoning ordinance. But the pastor of the church said elected officials are also afraid the cross might offend Muslims. The First Baptist Church of Brandon petitioned the city to install a 110-foot tall cross on its property alongside Interstate 20. The project is sponsored by “Crosses Across America,” a non-profit group that builds giant crosses along the nation’s highways.

http://clashdaily.com/2013/09/blank-wussy-town-objects-churchs-cross-might-offend-muslims/

Just a thought, but has annoy even bothered to ask the muslim is they even are offended by there being a cross on a church? I mean, I don't hear a lot of complaints out of the Muslim community about this, so I can't imagine them having an issue with it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2013, 07:53 AM
From the story:

It appears it is not an attack on christians, and it has nothing to do with muslims. It has to do with local zoning and local regulations. Really? So this comment in the article has no validity according to you and shouldn't even be considered.

The final decision on the cross rests with the board of alderman and Pastor Thomas said the outlook is bleak. He said he suspects there’s more to their objections than just the size of the cross.
Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2013/09/blank-wussy-town-objects-churchs-cross-might-offend-muslims/#OEVMtMi4XOu7MCcV.99

jafar00
09-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Really? So this comment in the article has no validity according to you and shouldn't even be considered.

The paranoid delusions of a priest don't become true because he is a priest. It would be an eyesore, soaring 9 stories above the tallest existing structure in the town. If it breaks the law, it breaks the law.

Arbo
09-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Really? So this comment in the article has no validity according to you and shouldn't even be considered.

That you think "He said he suspects" shows some sort of 'proof' of something that is unproven, shows that you have no concept of what facts are. Get back to us when you figure that out.

Such a joke.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 12:47 PM
That you think "He said he suspects" shows some sort of 'proof' of something that is unproven, shows that you have no concept of what facts are. Get back to us when you figure that out.

Such a joke. Sure thing . Suspecting proves nothing until the truth comes out. Like many Americans suspected Hitler was engaging in genocide of the JEWS while many people here at the time denied that it was even a possibility but facts came out later that proved he murdered millions of them. And still today we have people that deny that TRUTH.. I'll take the Pastor's suspicions who lives and preaches there over your criticisms any day. He is there on the scene where the hell are you? :laugh:

Arbo
09-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Suspecting proves nothing until the truth comes out.

Yeah, let us know when that happens, as then you will have a 'fact' to discuss. Until some sort of evidence that it actually isn't about the zoning laws, there is no reason to believe the preacher, as he has positional bias in the whole thing.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah, let us know when that happens, as then you will have a 'fact' to discuss. Until some sort of evidence that it actually isn't about the zoning laws, there is no reason to believe the preacher, as he has positional bias in the whole thing. You who have no bias against Christians(:laugh:) only give the judgment that the preacher there is wrong out of your magnificent display of good judgment shown here so far. :bsflag: I'd say that a buck fifty would buy you a bag of chips.... --Tyr

Arbo
09-07-2013, 01:10 PM
You who have no bias against Christians(:laugh:) only give the judgment that the preacher there is wrong out of your magnificent display of good judgment shown here so far.

I have no bias against, this is merely a fantasy you have come up with, I merely do not believe in religion.

There are things called 'facts', in this case, the fact is there is a zoning law as to the height of structures in that town. What the church wants to do is having something built that does not comply with those regulations.

There are no other 'facts' that make this case anything other than what the above sentence says. There are clearly opinions, but opinions are not facts, no matter how hard anyone wants to believe they are.

tailfins
09-07-2013, 01:35 PM
The paranoid delusions of a priest don't become true because he is a priest. It would be an eyesore, soaring 9 stories above the tallest existing structure in the town. If it breaks the law, it breaks the law.

Easy fix: Build a lighthouse under it! Then it won't be a free standing structure, but rather a structure atop a building.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 01:42 PM
The paranoid delusions of a priest don't become true because he is a priest. It would be an eyesore, soaring 9 stories above the tallest existing structure in the town. If it breaks the law, it breaks the law. Was that you attitude when the muslims wanted to build their victory center near the Twin Towers site? Somehow I don't think it was.. --Tyr

Arbo
09-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Was that you attitude when the muslims wanted to build their victory center near the Twin Towers site? Somehow I don't think it was.. --Tyr

Did the building they wanted to put up violate any zoning laws? If not, you point is moot.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Did the building they wanted to put up violate any zoning laws? If not, you point is moot. Are you Jafar now? I post a direct question to Jafar , bug off. -Tyr

Arbo
09-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Are you Jafar now? I post a direct question to Jafar , bug off. -Tyr

It is a forum, anyone can respond to any post. It's how it works. You know this as you respond to posts not addressed to yourself. Would you like to respond to what I said, or just deflect further?

jafar00
09-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Was that you attitude when the muslims wanted to build their victory center near the Twin Towers site? Somehow I don't think it was.. --Tyr

1) That wasn't a "victory" centre. It was a Mosque and community centre which was needed by the community. Prayer halls in the area were overflowing.
2) The centre didn't violate planning laws in as much as it was a renovation of an existing derelict site.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 03:08 PM
1) That wasn't a "victory" centre. It was a Mosque and community centre which was needed by the community. Prayer halls in the area were overflowing.
2) The centre didn't violate planning laws in as much as it was a renovation of an existing derelict site.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/12/10/1308331/fox-news-ground-zero-mosque-back/ Fox News is again trying to drum up “controversy” around the Park51 Islamic community center in Manhattan. On Sunday, Fox Nation re-published a New York Post article claiming that “community programs” no longer exist at Park51, just Muslims praying. From there, Fox and Friends discussed the latest “development” on Park51. “It’s all pray and no play,” host Gretchen Carlson said and complained that the center isn’t hosting community programs and is instead attracting Muslims for prayer. Noted Islamophobe Donald Trump cited the oft-repeated far-right claim that Muslims built the community center to celebrate victory on 9/11:

GRETCHEN CARLSON: It’s all pray and no play. The controversial Ground Zero Mosque was supposed to be a cultural center, but it turns out it’s now an empty space with no community programs. Dozens of worshipers gather at the site for prayer services, but that’s pretty much the only activity in the building aside from a small martial arts class.

BRIAN KILMEADE: … Donald, do you want to finance the mosque downtown?

STEVE DOOCY: The Mosque-erade

DONALD TRUMP: No, I don’t think so, I’d certainly buy the site. But I don’t think it’s an appropriate use of the site. A lot of people don’t. You know, in the Arab world, when they have victory, they like to build a Mosque at that site. It’s very strongly out there. I think this is a terrible idea. It shouldn’t be done and let’s see what happens… Fox News and the comments about the fraud of what the site was supposed to represent but doesn't has been exposed. A damn victory site just like its critics said it was meant to be. -Tyr

jafar00
09-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Fox News and the comments about the fraud of what the site was supposed to represent but doesn't has been exposed. A damn victory site just like its critics said it was meant to be. -Tyr

Perhaps they ran out of money after fighting stupid legal battles.

Kathianne
09-08-2013, 04:57 AM

Not a priest, a Baptist pastor.

Arbo
09-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Such a joke.

Ah, a negative rep comment on this post "Anything to go against society" . What utter f'in ignorance on that persons part. Either they honestly have no clue, or are merely joining the same group of people that will just continue to negative rep everything said because they are butt hurt. 'Good guys' my ass. A bunch of trollish, whining babies.

Kathianne
09-08-2013, 08:26 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?42839-An-example-of-off-topic&p=662710#post662710

Arbo
09-08-2013, 08:28 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?42839-An-example-of-off-topic&p=662710#post662710

When I see you point that out to the others that take shit off topic constantly, I will consider giving a crap.

Kathianne
09-08-2013, 08:32 AM
When I see you point that out to the others that take shit off topic constantly, I will consider giving a crap.

You assume that was meant to you? I was responding to what you quoted.

jimnyc
09-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Ah, a negative rep comment on this post

Please leave rep and PM crap private and out of public view. It's the contents themselves that are forbidden to be discussed on the board, but even discussing them at all is only going to dredge up problems. It's easier for all to just leave those things private.

Arbo
09-08-2013, 08:51 AM
You assume that was meant to you? I was responding to what you quoted.

What I quoted was me. But I do see the double standard, some are allowed to talk shit, some are attacked when they do the same. Got it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-08-2013, 10:09 AM
What I quoted was me. But I do see the double standard, some are allowed to talk shit, some are attacked when they do the same. Got it. Welcome to reality. The world is not a fair place. Isn't that the big liberal complaint that they cry about and ff everything up trying to fix???? :laugh2:--Tyr