PDA

View Full Version : Russian warships cross Bosphorus, en route to Syria

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-05-2013, 06:21 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/russian-warships-cross-bosphorus-en-route-syria-141156573.html
A Russian warship is moored in the Cypriot port of Limassol, on May 17, 2013

View gallery

A Russian warship is moored in the Cypriot port of Limassol, on May 17, 2013. Three Russian warships have crossed Turkey's Bosphorus Strait en route to the eastern Mediterranean, near the Syrian coast, amid concern in the region over potential US-led strikes in response to the Damascus regime's alleged use of chemical weapons. (AFP Photo/Yiannis Kourtoglou)

AFP
3 hours ago

Three Russian warships crossed Turkey's Bosphorus Strait Thursday en route to the eastern Mediterranean, near the Syrian coast, amid concern in the region over potential US-led strikes in response to the Damascus regime's alleged use of chemical weapons.

The SSV-201 intelligence ship Priazovye, accompanied by the two landing ships Minsk and Novocherkassk passed through the Bosphorus known as the Istanbul strait that separates Asia from Europe, an AFP photographer reported.

The Priazovye on Sunday started its voyage from its home port of Sevastopol in Ukraine "to the appointed region of military service in the eastern Mediterranean", a military official told the Interfax news agency.

Russia, a key ally of Damascus, has kept a constant presence of around four warships in the eastern Mediterranean in the Syrian crisis, rotating them every few months.

It also has a naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus whose origins date back to Moscow's close relationship with Damascus under the Soviet Union.

Moscow vehemently opposes the US-led plans for military action against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in response to the chemical attack outside Damascus last month.

Russian President Vladimir Putin warned on Wednesday that any US Congress approval for a military strike against Syria without UN consensus would represent an "aggression".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Looks like Putin is tired of Obama's crap too. :laugh: What will boy wonder do now? Will the dumb SOB push Putin too far? If he does he'll find that his sorry ass doesn't impress Putin in the least IMHO.-Tyr

aboutime
09-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Tyr. Not trying to take anything away from your concerns about this but. It is not unusual at all for Russian Navy ships to be anywhere.
In fact. Something few people might be aware of is. Like our U.S.Navy ships. The Russians, or any other Navy from around the World may be seen, or visit what is called International Waters, around the World.
Territorial borders, or limits generally prevent them from entering ports. But they are free to go anywhere they want.
I do believe Putin is just showing his hand at what is called "A SHOW OF FORCE" with those ships. And I also believe. That is all he is doing.
The Russian navy isn't the mighty, modern navy it once was.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Tyr. Not trying to take anything away from your concerns about this but. It is not unusual at all for Russian Navy ships to be anywhere.
In fact. Something few people might be aware of is. Like our U.S.Navy ships. The Russians, or any other Navy from around the World may be seen, or visit what is called International Waters, around the World.
Territorial borders, or limits generally prevent them from entering ports. But they are free to go anywhere they want.
I do believe Putin is just showing his hand at what is called "A SHOW OF FORCE" with those ships. And I also believe. That is all he is doing.
The Russian navy isn't the mighty, modern navy it once was. I do not doubt your word a bit on it but its also a move made to call Obama's hand. obamscum surely doesn't stand a chance playing Russian roulette with Putin. The boy doesn't stand a chance at beating Putin in the political arena nor in the military management game. Our generals do but bamscum no way. And you know his ego would let him be a hands on jackass should a major war start. -Tyr

Arbo
09-05-2013, 09:33 PM

Agreed. And even though they have been trying to 'rebuild' their Navy, it's not nearly the force it once was.

aboutime
09-05-2013, 09:37 PM
I do not doubt your word a bit on it but its also a move made to call Obama's hand. obamscum surely doesn't stand a chance playing Russian roulette with Putin. The boy doesn't stand a chance at beating Putin in the political arena nor in the military management game. Our generals do but bamscum no way. And you know his ego would let him be a hands on jackass should a major war start. -Tyr

Gotta give Putin credit for at least recognizing Obama as the Fool, Liar, and Coward he is.

Otherwise. Putin is probably feeling much stronger, thanks to our GELDING, pretender, and Putin Wannabe.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Gotta give Putin credit for at least recognizing Obama as the Fool, Liar, and Coward he is.

Otherwise. Putin is probably feeling much stronger, thanks to our GELDING, pretender, and Putin Wannabe. Maybe his being flexible after getting another term hasn't impressed Putin. What do you think Obama promised Putin? Maybe copies of some of his brilliant teleprompter engineered speech reading?? :laugh:--Tyr

Jeff
09-05-2013, 10:36 PM

AT I am sure of what you say is true but I think Obama is treading on some seriously thin Ice here, people here in America are getting tired of his antics just think what other countries think of him

P.Kersey
09-06-2013, 02:05 AM

Neither is ours. ..and russia hasn't spent the past 10 years tangled up in the ME wasting money and lives like we have.
Syria is an ally of russia and I don't think they'll just stand aside if we attack.

As soon as our navy finishes their "sensitivity training" and fully incorporates lesbians and gays we'll be ready to take on russia....not.

I see a lot of people talking about how bad Russian technology and weapons supposedly are and I wonder where they get their "information"? Russia is a first world nation militarily and technologically.
Russia isn't a bunch of backward peasants with outdated equipment, don't kid yourselves.

We don't even have a space program anymore. Hell, we PAY THEM to fly OUR astronauts to the space station...since NASA mission now is to help muzzies "feel good about their contributions to "science" ".
This nation is truly an ineptocracy.

Administrator Charles Bolden (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/charles-bolden.htm#r_src=ramp) said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world. Though international diplomacy would seem well outside NASA's orbit, Bolden said in an interview with Al Jazeera (http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/talktojazeera/2010/07/201071122234471970.html)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png that strengthening those ties was among the top tasks President Obama (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/politics/obama-administration/barack-obama.htm#r_src=ramp) assigned him. He said better interaction with the Muslim world would ultimately advance space travel.
"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/05/nasa-chief-frontier-better-relations-muslims/#ixzz2e5qwwQ2W

Obama is a manchurian candidate and knows exactly what he is doing. He's trying to take this nation, that he hates, down and wreck it economically, politically and physically.
He surely doesn't like looking the fool as he has lately, but the narcissist in chief will trade some adoration for the ruin of the nation.
The answer to 2013 is 1776.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-sends-warship-special-cargo-syria-102835383.html Russia sends warship with 'special cargo' to Syria --

View gallery

A Russian warship is moored in the Cypriot port of Limassol, on May 17, 2013. A Russian warship carrying a "special cargo" will be dispatched toward Syria, a navy source tells local media as the Kremlin beefs up its presence in the region ahead of possible US strikes against the Damascus regime. (AFP Photo/Yiannis Kourtoglou)

AFP
3 hours ago

A Russian warship carrying "special cargo" will be dispatched toward Syria, a navy source said on Friday, as the Kremlin beefs up its presence in the region ahead of possible US strikes against the Damascus regime.

The large landing ship Nikolai Filchenkov will on Friday leave the Ukrainian port city of Sevastopol for the Russian Black Sea port of Novorossiisk, from where it will head to Syria's coast, the Interfax news agency quoted a source from the Saint Petersburg-based central naval command as saying.

"The ship will make call in Novorossiisk, where it will take on board special cargo and set off for the designated area of its combat duty in the eastern Mediterranean," the source said.

The source did not specify the nature of the cargo.

Russia has kept a constant presence in the eastern Mediterranean during the Syrian crisis.

In recent days Russia has made steps to beef up its naval grouping in the region.

The Russian destroyer Smetlivy will soon join the group in the region as well as the destroyer Nastoichivy, Interfax has said.

The anti-submarine ship Admiral Panteleyev has already entered its zone of operation as the flagship of the current rotation of the Mediterranean grouping, a military source has told the news agency.

Already in place in the eastern Mediterranean are the frigate Neustrashimy, as well as the landing ships Alexander Shabalin, the Admiral Nevelsky and the Peresvet.

They are expected to be joined by the large landing ships Novocherkassk and Minsk and the missile cruiser Moskva. The reconnaissance ship Priazovye is also on its way to join the group.

The US already has a strong naval presence in the region and any US military action against Syria is widely expected to be launched from the sea.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- obama needs to learn that Russia is not going to play with his stupid ass. Syria is not Cuba and is not installing nuke rockets aimed at us so his attempt to play a JFK hero is folly. He wouldn't be the first dumb SOB to start a war and get his ffing egotistical ass handed back to him..-Tyr

aboutime
09-06-2013, 11:21 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/russia-sends-warship-special-cargo-syria-102835383.html Russia sends warship with 'special cargo' to Syria --

View gallery

A Russian warship is moored in the Cypriot port of Limassol, on May 17, 2013. A Russian warship carrying a "special cargo" will be dispatched toward Syria, a navy source tells local media as the Kremlin beefs up its presence in the region ahead of possible US strikes against the Damascus regime. (AFP Photo/Yiannis Kourtoglou)

AFP
3 hours ago

A Russian warship carrying "special cargo" will be dispatched toward Syria, a navy source said on Friday, as the Kremlin beefs up its presence in the region ahead of possible US strikes against the Damascus regime.

The large landing ship Nikolai Filchenkov will on Friday leave the Ukrainian port city of Sevastopol for the Russian Black Sea port of Novorossiisk, from where it will head to Syria's coast, the Interfax news agency quoted a source from the Saint Petersburg-based central naval command as saying.

"The ship will make call in Novorossiisk, where it will take on board special cargo and set off for the designated area of its combat duty in the eastern Mediterranean," the source said.

The source did not specify the nature of the cargo.

Russia has kept a constant presence in the eastern Mediterranean during the Syrian crisis.

In recent days Russia has made steps to beef up its naval grouping in the region.

The Russian destroyer Smetlivy will soon join the group in the region as well as the destroyer Nastoichivy, Interfax has said.

The anti-submarine ship Admiral Panteleyev has already entered its zone of operation as the flagship of the current rotation of the Mediterranean grouping, a military source has told the news agency.

Already in place in the eastern Mediterranean are the frigate Neustrashimy, as well as the landing ships Alexander Shabalin, the Admiral Nevelsky and the Peresvet.

They are expected to be joined by the large landing ships Novocherkassk and Minsk and the missile cruiser Moskva. The reconnaissance ship Priazovye is also on its way to join the group.

The US already has a strong naval presence in the region and any US military action against Syria is widely expected to be launched from the sea.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- obama needs to learn that Russia is not going to play with his stupid ass. Syria is not Cuba and is not installing nuke rockets aimed at us so his attempt to play a JFK hero is folly. He wouldn't be the first dumb SOB to start a war and get his ffing egotistical ass handed back to him..-Tyr

Tyr. I can't disagree with any of the reports you posted above. But...even though I have been retired from active Navy duty since 1995. I still recall seeing, and hearing almost the very same kinds of reports about the Russians, even back before I retired.
It's really not unusual for such actions to be taking place. The difference is. What is happening around the world, and who OUR president is, or thinks he is. And the same can be said for Putin.
Once again, as I recall so many years ago. All of this is expected, and almost a normal kind of response by Russia since Syria, and Assad is an Ally of Putin.
I also agree Russia is not going to play with Obama's stupid ass. But they are taking advantage of Obama's immature, almost child-like inability to LEAD, or Govern.
The rest of the World is laughing at Obama, and all of us at the same time.
By the way. OBAMA IS STILL A LIAR.

logroller
09-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I think its posturing more than anything. As AT said, these vessels in the area aren't anything out of the ordinary, but the "aggression" comment is a red line that I believe Putin will defend...which is definitely calling out Obama on his redline.

Really its a self-fulfilling ultimatum though since Russia has veto power at the UN and an all out war between Russia and the us wouldn't be advantageous to the P5. assuming china sides with Russia, France and GB with the US-- it'd be wwIII. And I don't believe china would be willing to risk losing the US as a trade partner, not to mention the trillions in debt that we'd assuredly tell then to stick where the sun don't shine. That's assuming congress approves the action...which I doubt will happen absent UN support anyways. But if the us attacks and is then countered, it forces congress' hand.

In a way I'd like to see Obama take action without congressional approval because it would pave the path to impeachment or all out war. Imagine if he were impeached-- would Biden pardon him or would he face international charges? Would scotus be the jurists instead of the UN? Not sure how that all would work quite frankly.
Regardless, I honestly believe it will take something catastrophic to set this country right and I, for one, welcome it with open arms.

aboutime
09-06-2013, 04:21 PM
I think its posturing more than anything. As AT said, these vessels in the area aren't anything out of the ordinary, but the "aggression" comment is a red line that I believe Putin will defend...which is definitely calling out Obama on his redline.

Really its a self-fulfilling ultimatum though since Russia has veto power at the UN and an all out war between Russia and the us wouldn't be advantageous to the P5. assuming china sides with Russia, France and GB with the US-- it'd be wwIII. And I don't believe china would be willing to risk losing the US as a trade partner, not to mention the trillions in debt that we'd assuredly tell then to stick where the sun don't shine. That's assuming congress approves the action...which I doubt will happen absent UN support anyways. But if the us attacks and is then countered, it forces congress' hand.

In a way I'd like to see Obama take action without congressional approval because it would pave the path to impeachment or all out war. Imagine if he were impeached-- would Biden pardon him or would he face international charges? Would scotus be the jurists instead of the UN? Not sure how that all would work quite frankly.
Regardless, I honestly believe it will take something catastrophic to set this country right and I, for one, welcome it with open arms.

Log. How bout that for irony. The two of us actually agreeing?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Regardless, I honestly believe it will take something catastrophic to set this country right and I, for one, welcome it with open arms. Bravo... :goodposting: , first time I've used that one.. --Tyr

logroller
09-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Log. How bout that for irony. The two of us actually agreeing?
The two of us agreeing isnt ironic...but my disagreeing with you about the irony of our agreeing is. If I didn't know you, I'd of said that was intentional. :cool: