PDA

View Full Version : What? Harper has no interest in meeting the Bone

Said1
06-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Huh, Canada blocking aid to Africa? Does Boner not realize his net worth is probably more than our........liquor revenues (or something)? Paul Martin's legacy - scandle and Bono up are areses for more money. I swear, he's worse than a credit agency.

HEILIGENDAMM, Germany (Reuters) - You can stop staring hopefully at that phone, Bono. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will not be calling.

The Irish rock star turned poverty activist met U.S. President George W. Bush and German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the sidelines of a Group of Eight summit but was told Harper was too busy to talk to him.

Harper, a somewhat wooden figure regularly mocked for his lack of flair, told reporters Thursday that meeting Bono was not a priority.

"I've got to say that meeting celebrities isn't kind of my shtick, that was the shtick of the previous guy," said Harper in a dig at his Liberal predecessor Paul Martin, who met Bono regularly.

Reuters Pictures

Editors Choice: Best pictures
from the last 24 hours.
View Slideshow
"I hope we do it at some point but my principle focus in public policies is not kind of to meet celebrities," added the prime minister, a Conservative.

Activists say Canada is trying to block a deal to ensure that western nations live up to promises to boost aid to Africa.

For the record, though, Harper said he liked the music of Bono's band U2.

I think Harper is addressing Russia or doing something kind of important, soon. Shove off Bono. You'll have power when you get your seat at the UN, loser. Then you can pass a motion demanding all members (even the GA) wear funky sunglasses with gold and diamond (fairly mined diamonds, not the African ones, usually found in 2 feet of mud by orphaned 4 yrs olds) letters reading 'UN' on the side of the frames. Membership does have it's rewards. :laugh2:

Said1
06-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Uh hello, I posted a perfectly good article?? Ok, it wasn' t that good. I'll take rep instead.

5stringJeff
06-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I think Bono has an interesting agenda. Nevertheless, did he really think he was going to get face time at the G8 summit?

Said1
06-09-2007, 07:14 PM
I think Bono has an interesting agenda. Nevertheless, did he really think he was going to get face time at the G8 summit?

Who cares. Where's my rep?

Yes, the G8. That's where Harper is supposedly speaking to Putin. I hope he doesn't call him poutin (french delicacy consisting of fries, gravey and cheese curds). Harper is planning to drill him about stuff. That's almost as good as Bono demanding a meeting with Harper. As if.

5stringJeff
06-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Who cares. Where's my rep?

Yes, the G8. That's where Harper is supposedly speaking to Putin. I hope he doesn't call him poutin (french delicacy consisting of fries, gravey and cheese curds). Harper is planning to drill him about stuff. That's almost as good as Bono demanding a meeting with Harper. As if.

Fries and country (sausage) gravy? Mmmm. Why would you go and ruin that with cheese curds?

Said1
06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Fries and country (sausage) gravy? Mmmm. Why would you go and ruin that with cheese curds?

I guess you just have to try it. It's good for lunch, start off the afternoon with your arteries shaking, then I try to stay awake.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I guess you just have to try it. It's good for lunch, start off the afternoon with your arteries shaking, then I try to stay awake.

Canadian's cant get anything right :laugh2:

Gaffer
06-09-2007, 08:29 PM
The more I hear about Harper the more I like him. There's hope for Canada yet.

Anyone that snubs boner is cool in my book.

Said1
06-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Canadian's cant get anything right :laugh2:

Did you not read the part about poutin being a FRENCH delicacy??????

Said1
06-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Typical French Canadain fast food meal. That is actually finely chopped slaw on the dog, not onions. The brown and white blob on the right is poutine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Said1/poutine_steamy_meal.jpg

Abbey Marie
06-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Uh hello, I posted a perfectly good article?? Ok, it wasn' t that good. I'll take rep instead.

Yes, Ma'am. :)

Said1
06-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes, Ma'am. :)

Eeeexcellent. Merci buckets.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Eeeexcellent. Merci buckets.

Easy peasy.