PDA

View Full Version : Australian gov't faces carbon tax backlash at poll

tailfins
09-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Lynne Chester, a Sydney University energy researcher, said that in Australia's most populous state, New South Wales, household electricity prices have risen more than 110 percent from July 2007 to June 2013. But she said only about 9 percentage points of that increase is attributable to the carbon tax; increased charges for power transmission and distribution account for the rest.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/Story/23359580/australian-govt-faces-carbon-tax-backlash-at-poll#ixzz2e81u0hHH

Anyone care to speculate that government action also increased the power transmission and distribution costs?

aboutime
09-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Finally! The AL GORE idea's, and principles reach DOWN UNDER.

Hope that pleases 'jafar'. Let's ask.....5460 Dear Ol' Al!

fj1200
09-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Anyone care to speculate that government action also increased the power transmission and distribution costs?

I wouldn't be surprised but I'd also like to know what has happened to the price of natural gas and coal over the past six years.

jafar00
09-07-2013, 01:11 AM

The Liberal govt of John Howard sold off state owned utilities to private companies. That would have something to do with it. They sold off the assets of the country at bargain prices and then tried to say it was their sound fiscal management that gave us a budget surplus. Tony Abbot wants to do the same starting with state owned private health insurer, Medibank Private. Pretty soon we will have no assets left.

I voted for Labor and Kevin Rudd today. I hope he wins.