http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwndLOKQTDs

Arbo
09-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Good sentiment.

Marcus Aurelius
09-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Just... Wow...

best part is the end when they leave the floor. THAT... is friendship.

Kathianne
09-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Reminds me of how many kids will shave their heads, if a friend is in chemo. Or kids that will sit on the beach with a friend with arm or leg in cast. That is friendship, that is character.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Just... Wow...

Very , very nice find. Bravo..-- :beer: Back in the early 80's my best friend Randy, also my hunting partner broke his leg very badly and hurt his back in a car wreck. He was in no shape to hunt that entire season/year so I did not hunt a single day myself. He called me a few times assuring me it was ok but I stayed the course. A very small thing but next year hunting he often told me it meant a lot to him. To which I pointed out it gave me more time to drink beer in the tavern , eyeball the pretty girls and shoot pool. He always got a big kick out of that. :laugh: He passed away three years ago.. Was a good guy... -Tyr

Jeff
09-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Its great to see something like this with all the bad going on in today's day, Nice find

SassyLady
09-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Inspiring!!!

hjmick
09-07-2013, 06:44 AM
I realize it is an advertisement for beer, but I'd like to think these guys really are friends and they do get together to shoot hoop in the chairs.

Even if they aren't and don't, the commercial hits all the right notes, expresses a great sentiment, and makes one pause and think about friendship and what it means.

aboutime
09-07-2013, 06:47 AM
I realize it is an advertisement for beer, but I'd like to think these guys really are friends and they do get together to shoot hoop in the chairs.

Even if they aren't and don't, the commercial hits all the right notes, expresses a great sentiment, and makes one pause and think about friendship and what it means.

hjmick. Right on target. And sadly. In today's world. Far too many people are so selfish, and always thinking "ME", and "I". They never really learn, or ever have TRUE Friends like that.

GOOD FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

Kathianne
09-07-2013, 07:06 AM
hjmick. Right on target. And sadly. In today's world. Far too many people are so selfish, and always thinking "ME", and "I". They never really learn, or ever have TRUE Friends like that.

GOOD FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

I don't think people are all that different today than they were years ago. My circle of friends is made up of mostly people from when I was a kid or high school or college. But, to it I've added one friend from when we were young mothers, one other from my last school job. So two out of 8 are more 'recent.' LOL!

At the same time, I've had some neighbors reach out to help/comfort when my folks were sick. Now I'm certainly not nasty to neighbors, but I tend to keep my distance, 'good fences' sort of thinking. I certainly didn't speak about what was happening with family.

Hey, even on the internet, where I am a bit more open, reached out to help me at a very low point. I'll never forget her and have tried to do the same for others, where I can.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I don't think people are all that different today than they were years ago. My circle of friends is made up of mostly people from when I was a kid or high school or college. But, to it I've added one friend from when we were young mothers, one other from my last school job. So two out of 8 are more 'recent.' LOL!

At the same time, I've had some neighbors reach out to help/comfort when my folks were sick. Now I'm certainly not nasty to neighbors, but I tend to keep my distance, 'good fences' sort of thinking. I certainly didn't speak about what was happening with family.

Hey, even on the internet, where I am a bit more open, reached out to help me at a very low point. I'll never forget her and have tried to do the same for others, where I can. Kat, we are of a different generation than the in crowd now that think the Alamo and Pearl Harbor were just movies and WE were taught to respect our elders, open doors for women and elderly people , say yes ma'am and yes sir , etc. I taught my kids the same . Also taught them to judge people by how they really are not what race or what they have ! I've had friends that were extremely wealthy and many that were very poor. I had friends that were extremely bad and some that were very good people(those I try to increase). My really good friends never had to ask for my help when in trouble. If I knew about it , I found them to offer what help I could give. I'll be 60 in a few months and most of my friends from my youth are either dead or in bad shape health wise. Seems we lived a hard life of partying (fighting) and loving a bit too much. Too many burned their candle at both ends far too long. Yet we that survived this long do chalk it up to having been raised right, stand again after falling, always seek to do better and God's blessings.. I am sure you can relate and my post was not needed to inform you but many younger readers may not have a clue how much the world has changed since the 50's and 60's. And not for the better.... --Tyr

Abbey Marie
09-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Beautiful!