PDA

View Full Version : Obama to address nation Tuesday on need for Syria military strike

Jeff
09-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Ok so we have to wait :laugh: that just Gives Obama a couple more days to find a way to blame someone else for drawing that red line .

President Obama said he will make his case for a military strike on Syria in an address to the nation on Tuesday.
The president announced his intention during a press conference Friday at the G-20 summit in St. Petersburg, Russia, where he warned that "the Assad regime's brazen use of chemical weapons isn't just a Syrian tragedy."

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/middle-east-north-africa/320641-obama-to-address-nation-tuesday-on-syria

SassyLady
09-07-2013, 02:14 AM
This Nobel Peace Prize winning president makes Bush look like a dove. Most comical thing about the Syria issue is watching people like Pelosi become chickenhawks.

aboutime
09-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Obviously. Obama has never heard the expression..

"Closing the barn door after the cows get out!"

He should have addressed the nation..without a Teleprompter before he left for Russia.

But. Nobody who voted for him cares as long as their free Obama Bucks keep coming.

hjmick
09-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Just another infomercial that will not convince me to buy a damn thing...

Nice thing for Obama? By doing the right thing and sending this issue to Congress, he now has someplace to lay the blame when his actions turn to shit. Should they vote yes we'll get, "What choice did I have? Congress said war..." If they vote no, "I'm sorry, I really wanted to, but Congress won't let me..."

I think he inadvertently painted himself into a corner and is now praying Congress will give him an out. Shit, he ignored his red lie how many times before this? Two? Three?

aboutime
09-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Just another infomercial that will not convince me to buy a damn thing...

Nice thing for Obama? By doing the right thing and sending this issue to Congress, he now has someplace to lay the blame when his actions turn to shit. Should they vote yes we'll get, "What choice did I have? Congress said war..." If they vote no, "I'm sorry, I really wanted to, but Congress won't let me..."

I think he inadvertently painted himself into a corner and is now praying Congress will give him an out. Shit, he ignored his red lie how many times before this? Two? Three?

Doesn't really matter what stories any of them come up with as excuses any more.

Politicians from EVERY party are only in it for One Thing.....Their Career, and the Life-long pension.