PDA

View Full Version : Obana scolds Congress for "skipping town."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 01:39 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8300-503544_162-503544.html?categoryId=10340

Sep 22, 1:30PM
By Lindsey Boerma / 96 comments

Obama scolds Congress for "skipping town"

(CBS News) If members of Congress hadn't "skipped town" last week, President Obama said in a particularly pointed weekly address, U.S. veterans would be enjoying a strengthened job corps, farmers would have the means to respond to natural disasters like the recent Midwest drought, homeowners would be saving an extra $3,000 a year on their mortgages, and 98 percent of Americans would have peace of mind that their taxes won't be raised on Jan. 1.

"Last week, without much fanfare, Members of the House of Representatives banged a gavel, turned out the lights, and rushed home, declaring their work finished for now. If that frustrates you, it should - because their work isn't finished," the president said. "Apparently, some Members of Congress are more worried about their jobs and their paychecks this campaign season than they are about yours."

For nearly three minutes, the president reprimanded members of the House - Republicans, specifically - for leaving a mountain of unfinished business on their desks when they adjourned Friday after only eight days in session. He cited bills which, if passed, would provide emergency response aid to farmers, help veterans find jobs after returning from service, and allow homeowners to refinance "at historically low rates."
Just doesn't get much better than this for hypocrisy. Obama scolding Congress for not doing their job! This when he and Reid have engineered to have our government not have a budget for over 4 years even with it being mandated by a Federal law. With his refusing to obey and enforce current Federal immigration law and other laws he dislikes. This guy has the audacity of a Stalin or Mao... --Tyr

aboutime
09-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Hypocrisy at it's finest, being demonstrated by Obama.

Scolding congress for leaving town while he had to go to VEGAS right after Benghazi took place???

And people are really dumb enough to think he's the CAT'S MEOW...despite his lies?????

tailfins
09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Hypocrisy at it's finest, being demonstrated by Obama.

Scolding congress for leaving town while he had to go to VEGAS right after Benghazi took place???

And people are really dumb enough to think he's the CAT'S MEOW...despite his lies?????

Two words: FREE STUFF!

Kathianne
09-07-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8300-503544_162-503544.html?categoryId=10340

Just doesn't get much better than this for hypocrisy. Obama scolding Congress for not doing their job! This when he and Reid have engineered to have our government not have a budget for over 4 years even with it being mandated by a Federal law. With his refusing to obey and enforce current Federal immigration law and other laws he dislikes. This guy has the audacity of a Stalin or Mao... --Tyr

Skip the hypocrisy part, he's berating the people whose votes he's hoping for regarding his 'red line.' He hates Congress and they know it. Unbelievable.

Kathianne
09-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I just noticed the date, *for shame*, Sept. 22, had to be another year.

Marcus Aurelius
09-07-2013, 06:45 PM

If you hit CONTINUE at the bottom and go to the full piece, it shows 2012.

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2013, 07:34 PM
If you hit CONTINUE at the bottom and go to the full piece, it shows 2012.

doesn't matter.....the Senate STILL hasn't passed it.....

Kathianne
09-07-2013, 07:43 PM
doesn't matter.....the Senate STILL hasn't passed it.....

Indeed. Why I'd go hunting a year once I realized the date? No use for something a year or 5 years ago to make relevant to my point. LOL!

Arbo
09-07-2013, 07:51 PM

Nice catch. Certainly there is more recent stuff to complain about.

BTW, you hit it right on the nail with the comment about how he is condescending to congress. He always has been.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Nice catch. Certainly there is more recent stuff to complain about.

BTW, you hit it right on the nail with the comment about how he is condescending to congress. He always has been. Actually much of that stuff is still pending and not acted upon. However the point being made was about his audacity and arrogance. Obviously since its still pending the link and the audacity of Obama's words in it are still relevant. If you disagree feel free to post more recent complaints of Obama's actions. You can even cite them here.. Nobody is stopping ya. ;)--Tyr

Kathianne
09-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Actually much of that stuff is still pending and not acted upon. However the point being made was about his audacity and arrogance. Obviously since its still pending the link and the audacity of Obama's words in it are still relevant. If you disagree feel free to post more recent complaints of Obama's actions. You can even cite them here.. Nobody is stopping ya. ;)--Tyr

Tyr, you're hitting the wrong person. It was me that responded to your post, inaccurately. I thought it was recent, it wasn't. Thus my comments on my post regarding current events were wrong, by about a year. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Tyr, you're hitting the wrong person. It was me that responded to your post, inaccurately. I thought it was recent, it wasn't. Thus my comments on my post regarding current events were wrong, by about a year. ;) Thanks Kat, I get that. However he should still feel free to post recent complaints about Obama here in this thread. Wasn't really meant to be a hard hit ,rather a suggestion to post away. I am all for anybody posting the truth about our dear "messiah"!! -Tyr