PDA

View Full Version : Seeing a Woman: A conversation between a father and son

Trinity
09-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Love this.....

Someday I am going to have to have the conversation with my son. No, not the conversation all parents dread giving and all kids are mortified having. I enjoy making people uncomfortable so that conversation should be fun.
No, I’m talking about another conversation. The one that happens after I catch his eye doing what male eyes do well – following an object of lust. We will probably be out at the mall, because that’s what dads do with their sons, and I’ll catch the look. Maybe we’ll go to the beach and see it. Doesn’t matter where it is, there will come a time when I will see it. And then it will be time for this conversation.

Hey, come here. Let me talk to you. I saw you look at her. I’m not judging you or shaming you. I know why you did. I get it. But we have to talk about it because how you look at a woman matters.
- See more at: http://natepyle.com/seeing-a-woman/#sthash.PDFAW56Y.dpuf

Marcus Aurelius
09-08-2013, 02:04 PM
if you get caught looking, you're doing it wrong.

Trinity
09-08-2013, 02:10 PM
if you get caught looking, you're doing it wrong.

:laugh:

aboutime
09-08-2013, 04:01 PM
:laugh:

Trinity. In today's fast-paced, electronic world. Parents can be fairly certain their children have already heard, what used to be called "The Birds and the Bee's" talk..involves.

Children just have ways of checking up on the parents to see if they LIE about such things.

So. The best advice in preparation for such..eventual...conversations is. Always be Honest. Don't make things up, or use comparisons. Kids know when adults are Beating Around The Bush...so to speak.
Honesty is always the best policy. And...Only answer the questions asked. It makes it much easier that way.

Trinity
09-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Trinity. In today's fast-paced, electronic world. Parents can be fairly certain their children have already heard, what used to be called "The Birds and the Bee's" talk..involves.

Children just have ways of checking up on the parents to see if they LIE about such things.

So. The best advice in preparation for such..eventual...conversations is. Always be Honest. Don't make things up, or use comparisons. Kids know when adults are Beating Around The Bush...so to speak.
Honesty is always the best policy. And...Only answer the questions asked. It makes it much easier that way.

You aren't telling me anything I don't already know...I started talking to my kids around the age of 7 when they started asking questions. I gave them the answer to the question after asking them first what they thought it meant....you get a better understanding of the info they are asking for without overloading them with things they are not quite ready for yet. ;)

tailfins
09-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Love this.....

Someday I am going to have to have the conversation with my son. No, not the conversation all parents dread giving and all kids are mortified having. I enjoy making people uncomfortable so that conversation should be fun.
No, I’m talking about another conversation. The one that happens after I catch his eye doing what male eyes do well – following an object of lust. We will probably be out at the mall, because that’s what dads do with their sons, and I’ll catch the look. Maybe we’ll go to the beach and see it. Doesn’t matter where it is, there will come a time when I will see it. And then it will be time for this conversation.

Hey, come here. Let me talk to you. I saw you look at her. I’m not judging you or shaming you. I know why you did. I get it. But we have to talk about it because how you look at a woman matters.
- See more at: http://natepyle.com/seeing-a-woman/#sthash.PDFAW56Y.dpuf

A woman that doesn't know that it's normal for men to look isn't worth having. Such a talk with my sons will go something like this: A good test of whether or not to go steady with a girl is to let her see your eyes wander *A BIT* on a date. She will either do you a favor and dump you or she will at most complain. The next date makes the previous date "the past" which gives you an opening to complain about her bringing up "old grudges" if she mentions it again. Easy peasy, lemon squeezee.

aboutime
09-08-2013, 05:18 PM
You aren't telling me anything I don't already know...I started talking to my kids around the age of 7 when they started asking questions. I gave them the answer to the question after asking them first what they thought it meant....you get a better understanding of the info they are asking for without overloading them with things they are not quite ready for yet. ;)

I've probably said it before, but I admire you for being such an Obviously, Great Mother to your children. As my wife would say. 'You go girl!'

jimnyc
09-08-2013, 06:09 PM
I was taught that when meeting or being confronted with someone (man or woman), to give a smile, look directly in their eyes, and perhaps a firm handshake (depending on why you're meeting).

But I'm a guy, and no matter how hard I try, no matter how respectful I am, and how much respect I have for the woman, my eyes will inevitably sneak some peeks. I don't think it's fair to stare though and make anyone feel uncomfortable. But the day I stop looking is the day my heart stops beating. :laugh2:

Trinity
09-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I've probably said it before, but I admire you for being such an Obviously, Great Mother to your children. As my wife would say. 'You go girl!'

Thank you!!

I wouldn't say great, but I give it my best....because no one else will.

gabosaurus
09-09-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't think men have to be "trained" to look at boobs. Nor can they ever be "untrained." My husband still does it. :laugh:

I personally believe in the public "darts" system. Which allow large chested women to carry around darts. When a man is caught staring at her boobs, she shoots him with a dart. Once the guy accumulates three darts, he has to change into speedo briefs.
It would be the great equalizer. Or perhaps not. :cool:

Which is why one of my best friends (38DD if you're curious) has this sweatshirt:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Take-A-Picture-Itll-Last-Longer-Camera-Sarcastic-Funny-Crewneck-Sweatshirt-/00/s/OTAwWDEyMDA=/$(KGrHqN,!jkFChfWBeGnBQ0(36rgOg~~60_57.JPG

aboutime
09-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I don't think men have to be "trained" to look at boobs. Nor can they ever be "untrained." My husband still does it. :laugh:

I personally believe in the public "darts" system. Which allow large chested women to carry around darts. When a man is caught staring at her boobs, she shoots him with a dart. Once the guy accumulates three darts, he has to change into speedo briefs.
It would be the great equalizer. Or perhaps not. :cool:

Which is why one of my best friends (38DD if you're curious) has this sweatshirt:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Take-A-Picture-Itll-Last-Longer-Camera-Sarcastic-Funny-Crewneck-Sweatshirt-/00/s/OTAwWDEyMDA=/$(KGrHqN,!jkFChfWBeGnBQ0(36rgOg~~60_57.JPG

That's reassuring Gabby. It tells the rest of us..You'll never be threatened by anyone bothering to stare at you. You'll be a DARTLESS WONDER forever.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I was taught that when meeting or being confronted with someone (man or woman), to give a smile, look directly in their eyes, and perhaps a firm handshake (depending on why you're meeting).

But I'm a guy, and no matter how hard I try, no matter how respectful I am, and how much respect I have for the woman, my eyes will inevitably sneak some peeks. I don't think it's fair to stare though and make anyone feel uncomfortable. But the day I stop looking is the day my heart stops beating. :laugh2: I told my wife that the day I stop looking is the day I'll be no good to anybody. She laughed and said sincerely, look all you want but just don't touch. Then I saw in her eyes that look, you probably know that look too. It meant business! :laugh:

gabosaurus
09-09-2013, 08:50 PM
I told my wife that the day I stop looking is the day I'll be no good to anybody. She laughed and said sincerely, look all you want but just don't touch.

I tell my husband that on a regular basis. He can lust in his heart all he wants.
We do have a deal in place. If Shania Twain ever offers to have an affair with him, he is free to indulge in such. But if David Beckham ever offers to have an affair with me, I am free to take him up on it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-10-2013, 06:43 PM
I tell my husband that on a regular basis. He can lust in his heart all he wants.
We do have a deal in place. If Shania Twain ever offers to have an affair with him, he is free to indulge in such. But if David Beckham ever offers to have an affair with me, I am free to take him up on it. I could maybe consider that with my wife if a young Rachel Ward was available(man was I ever struck on her!) and she could have a young Elvis Presley that she thinks was the cat's meow.. but it would absolutely have to be a one time one night thing never to be repeated by either of us. Even then I'd likely beg off. I've never shared a partner, at least not knowingly or willingly. --Tyr